Mensha Family Crest

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Belur_mensha
Slave (off the Altar)

Mensha Family Crest

Post by Belur_mensha »

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1504/1pejus1yy2.gif

MODERATOR EDIT: dont post pictures in threads. Linda
[19:49]<Belur_Mensha>Lilith, Lucifer, Seth
[19:49]<darkprincess>Belur_Mensha: all mediocre Slaanesh wannabes...

"Oh great five-headed mistress of Pleasure! Hear your servant and grant me the power to see the future for these annoying ape people."
R4v3n
Executioner
Location: at home. on my computer. playing counter-strike source. or maybe World of Warcraft.

Post by R4v3n »

nice. but i dont like the idea of a family crest having the mark of slaanesh on it. if they were and old druchii family they wouldnt advertise the mark, and a new one probably wouldnt have a crest as such. maybe a logo...
this post was brought to you by R4V3N !D34Z™. a registered trademark of idiots.inc
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

I´d agree with what Raven said. In addition, I´d think if druchii do have crests at all, they´d be far more elaborate. Symbols would have a more baroque appearance, and animals would be detailed (as opposed to stylised versions used in real heraldry). Also, there would probably be druchii runes all over it, and the text would be in runic drukh-eltharin, too, not in latin.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

That said, what does the latin in it actually mean?

I agree with the others that a crest would normally be much more ornate and "runeish", with more detailed beasts.

Sean
Belur_mensha
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Belur_mensha »

I understand and its still in rough construction. The Latin means "Disgrace is Worse then Death"(Taken from my real Family Crest)It seemed to fit my view dark elves. I would have asked my friend to do it in elvish runic but I have yet to find a program of Elven runes essept the onces in the book but it lacks a alphebet

"Oh great five-headed mistress of Pleasure! Hear your servant and grant me the power to see the future for these annoying ape people."
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

Here is a super messy 5 minute sketch I just did:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/ ... icrest.jpg

What I've noticed is that Druchii favor highly stylised, angular and slightly assymetrical forms, one need only look at their writing to see this! So I took your original idea and Druchii-fied it as much as possible :P ...
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Belur_mensha
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Belur_mensha »

WOW THANKS!

Any chance of getting it in Color?

Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

Erm, the design needs to be cleaned up a bit (ok QUITE a bit) to even think about adding color ;) ...
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well your one looks quite good Ramaj but the first one looks like a black shild with a mark of slanesh on it in red (khornes colour) and being held up by to geckos with wings. Anyway I sort of get the felling that the Druchii dont like to be so overt in there symbols flesh hooks are more there style.
And besides if your dark elves are slanesh worshipers then disgrace is what there all about. At the minet your making the cult of slanesh sound like Samuries and its hard to think of to cultures further apart.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I don't know about the belief in "disgrace is worse than death". The Druchii seem to have a very pragmatic approach to warfare, one that doesn't discount the values of subterfuge and backstabbing. The nobility clearly has a strong sense of martial pride, so the family crest works for them.

Belur_Mensha, have you seen the drukh-eltharin font that's available from this website? Let's you type in the Dark Elf language, and is pretty amazing.

@Ramaj: Very nice work! Your grasp of the Druchii aesthetic is very impressive. You're one of those individuals that makes me wish Games Workshop would hire you for designing new army books and miniature lines.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Where can I find this druchii font?
Shakra sharktooth
Warrior
Location: In a very high tower ready to throw a goblin over the edge

Post by Shakra sharktooth »

nice. but i dont like the idea of a family crest having the mark of slaanesh on it.

they could have the mark of slaneesh on their logo if it just was hidden, so just put some extra circles or squares on it and then the cult of khaine wont drag you out of your house in the middle of night using you as a sacrifice
My Foc. Fam. is a snotling from the NG Fanatics sprue. I kind of like the idea of the entire power of Chaos being pumped through a snotling.

When I press the Smilie button it says "Hacking Attempt". What should I do?
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

It'd have to be more subtle than that, we're talking about elves here, elves have been known to stare at a painting for months just because they thought it was interesting. How long do you think it would take them to find a hidden sign of Slaanesh if it just had squares and circles around it ;)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes be reasonable Shakra, these are elves who hate the cult of Slannash with total fanatacim not three year olds a few shapes on the top wouldnt solve anything, although if the design was folded into a larger pattern you might get away with it claming that the symbol was never intended in the first place but was purly acsidental.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

With that in mind, try this for a start:

Keep with the dragon theme.

The circle at the bottom is formed by the tail - have a few serpentine undulations and don't close the circle.

The "horns" at the midpoint are formed by the dragon's wings.

One branch of the "horns" at the top could be the dragon's snout, the other an actual horn.

Superimpose this into the background or into a corner of the family coat of arms.

Again, remember, everything must be stylized, hiding the symbol you really are creating. To anyone even very familiar with the symbol, their eye must be distracted by other details.

Not saying I could do it myself, but I've been fascinated recently at the concept of hiding anything in plain sight.

It almost worked on my nephew over Easter. My mother had a plate of colored easter eggs. I replaced one with a plastic egg.
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari