2K Full Arsenal *Revised

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kristo
Noble

2K Full Arsenal *Revised

Post by Kristo »

Hey everyone,

I have tried to make a ballanced approach containing both hth, shooting and magick parts . Furthermore I intend to keep it as mobile as it can be when using all upper desirable effects which I guess is kind of hard.

High Sorceress Khryna lvl4 : Dark Pegasus, CoBi, Darkstar Cloak, Dispel Scroll 390 pts
I could use Morathi for 470 pts but I find that on 2K games a sinlge dispel scroll is needed

Beastmaster Krothlass: Manticore, La, lance, SDC, Seal 267 pts
No dispute on this guy, the seal stands there for good I'm going to need those 5 DP and there's no way I can get them

20 Warriors: Sh, FCM 185 pts
10 Warriors: RxB, Sh 120 pts
5 Dark Riders 120pts

5 Harpies 65 pts
1 Cold one Chariot: Spears 97 pts
1 Cold one Chariot: Spears 97 pts
6 Cold One Knights: Std(War banner) , Dread Knight 230 pts
Dread knight could proove of great aid in a challenge should I choose to charge them on a tough character i.e: Chaos Lord
War Hydra 220 pts
Reaper Bolt Thrower 100 pts
Reaper Bolt Thrower 100 pts

ToTal: 1996 pts Cast dice: 7 Dispel Dice: 5

Any Comment is welcome. Personaly I believe the list is very conventional for all player to play with and I find it makes use of almost all the aspects of a Druchii army appart of that of the CoB.
Last edited by Kristo on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch uppon every land.'

Single combat I await
My shadow brings them fear
The spikes upon my chariot
Will grind them when they're near...
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

upgrade high sorceress to lvl 4, and buy darkstar cloak or tome of furion. Get rid of web. 6-7 PD is much better than 5.

Get rid of musician on warriors an put musician on dark riders.
Dark riders need it much more because of bait and flee tactics.

Get rid of hydra to make changes then add some witches or exec's. I dont find hydras that effective to be honest.
"Once i felt the tenderness and love of a warm, caring family, but they are gone. Whether they still live or not is of no importance, for emotion is a luxury that has long since been lost to me."
Uriain
Executioner

Post by Uriain »

Going to have to disagree with firestart345. I am pro Hydra, and use them all the time. I find them to be good in a support role for your infantry as they are more reliable then a chariot (stupidity) and hit just a little bit weaker. (getting 7 impact hits is always nice). Now, with both a hydra and 2 charriots, I think you are good on the hitting power dept for moving along side infantry. Hydra's also work well in tandem with CoK. In my opinion, your High Sorceress is going to get pasted oh that manticore, I would lose the Manticore and then make the changes that Firestart345 suggest, minus the part about loseing the Hydra ofcourse :lol:
Building Hand Eye Co-ordination. . . . One kill at a time.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Yeah, Peggy would be better and cheaper, leaving you points for other fighty stuff, or a Sorceress scroll caddy. If you still intend to send the HS into combat- by all means, keep the Web!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

yeh, everyone praises hydras to the extreme, but i just can't use them effectively, its obviously my fault and not the hydras. Oh and if it was my list i'd get rid of the high sorceress all together and get 2 lvl 2's on dark riders with some arcane gear. but then again i'd lose the hydra and the RBT's aswell so there you go (RBT's actually suck! lol, mine always get mirked on like turn 2.)
"Once i felt the tenderness and love of a warm, caring family, but they are gone. Whether they still live or not is of no importance, for emotion is a luxury that has long since been lost to me."
Kristo
Noble

Post by Kristo »

As some of you guessed the HS is going into hand to hand combat. The main purpose is not due to theme but to points pressure. If I could afford a pegasus sorceress plus a manticore with beastmaster on it by keeping the rest as it is I would have no doubt done it that way. Alas, I can't afford the points therefore the HS plays a duble role.

Secondly should I only put a hydra= only large target on the army, it'll draw all the missile fire, I'd rather choose to put two large targets toghether therefore dividing the shots, however this'll lead my HS to become primary target but due to her mobility I can choose better positions on the battlefield hence not geting shot that much. Not to mention Terror tests on almos all the battlefield.Although I do not rely on that to win.

All in all although I tried to make it ballanced this one has a tendency for hth combat after all that is the most vital part of every game.
'And lo, he shall rule with a dark hand and his shadow shall touch uppon every land.'

Single combat I await
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

I personally am really against a HS on a manticore. IN that sense then, I would have here on the dark peg, and change the noble to the beastmaster on manti if you want the 2 large monsters. If I am going to spend the points on the HS I always take the upgrade to lvl4, and would give here the darkstar cloak over the web.

But I also never send a HS into combat. Not only is it because of her vulnerability but she can't cast spells in at least that turn (essentially to whole reason for taking her).

Not sure if you missed some equipment but 5 naked DR don't cost 120pts to my memory. Overall I like the army itself, just not my style for effective character selection. Up to you based on your plans for her though.
Uriain
Executioner

Post by Uriain »

You could, lose the Hydra, add a Beastmaster and Manticore, and change the HS to ride a Dark Peggy. I think that you might possibly have to lose the web, but that would keep your big hitter (manti) and allow you to keep your Hsorc from having to engage in combat.
Building Hand Eye Co-ordination. . . . One kill at a time.
Kristo
Noble

Post by Kristo »

After taking everything into account I managed to redirect my starting approach of a full arsenal list in 2K although haven't got the time to playtest it yet...hopefully I may use it soon someday and with Khaine's help as always.

Single combat I await