The Price of Power

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Mmmmm.. so is that the end of Nageth? I dont know but but him being sumand back by Kereth would certainly be interesting.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tijminator
Beastmaster

Post by Tijminator »

Drainial Shadowhart wrote:Mmmmm.. so is that the end of Nageth? I dont know but but him being sumand back by Kereth would certainly be interesting.
Hehe, for the intersting things: alot of 'interst' will come by... 8)

Working on the next part, but other things (school, posting here, Hour of the Wolf etc. take a great deal of time too :roll:)

Tijminator
The Price of Power

Viva la Banana!

Cornixt wrote:Why would anybody stand to wipe? You're closing the one area you want to remain open!
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

This is a great story and i am looking forward to the next installment eagerly.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Tijminator
Beastmaster

Post by Tijminator »

I'm afraid the next chapter will not come for over a week, due to school, other hobby's and some personal problems that kinda suck up time...

Tijminator
The Price of Power

Viva la Banana!

Cornixt wrote:Why would anybody stand to wipe? You're closing the one area you want to remain open!
The musashi edge!
Warrior

Post by The musashi edge! »

I've been eagerly waiting too, but I thought school and stuff would be slowing the story down a little. Great job so far, keep up the wonderful writing! Your fans are waiting... ;)
Branthon Dalreck
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS-4, S-4, T-5, D-3, I-2
6'2", 160lbs, 98 years old
Frigus morte
Warrior

Post by Frigus morte »

Great story :)
What makes me even more impressed is (no offense) your young age and still splendid writing and english. (Im 18 and you own me bigtime :x ). Hope you solve your problems and soon write again :)
Looking forward to the next part

- Frigus
Tijminator
Beastmaster

Post by Tijminator »

And here is chapter 8...

I'm ill now, and as long as I can just sit behind my pc, I guess I'll be able to write... Maybe the next chapter can be finished in 1 or 2 days...

Hope you like it.

Karth tried to materialize the Winds to lift the rope, but he couldn’t. He was too distracted. Since the Shaman had been released to teach him, the tension on the ship had increased thousandfold. There had been several fights between crewmen the last days. Most had followed him, as he was now able to slightly manipulate minds if he and the Amulet joined forces with the Chaos Wizard, who appeared to be named Moiridin Låchesörth. Some, though, had chosen to make a very literal interpretation of the Law against Mages. As he read it, the law forbad any male Elf in Naggaroth to practice magic. As he was now travelling the Sea of Claws, he was outside Naggaroth. Still, some of the crew said this where Chaos Magics, and fanatically tried to stay righteous Druchii and Khainite. The leaders of this bunch of rabble where the Dark Riders, now leaderless themselves, since Nageth still was in the Norse village. The pitiful fool. He had been captured by some women and their kids. A fitting fate for someone who ran to the enemy without thinking about the consequences.

Karth gave up his efforts to lift the rope when he heard screams from above. It sounded like a small brawl. He decided to take a look. Running up the deck, he saw two crewmen locked in combat. Both had swords drawn and where circling each other, looking for a weak spot in the other’s defence. Karth recognised one of them as a fanatical Khainite. Suddenly, the other Druchii lashed out with his sword. The blow was blocked, but it gave the loyal Elf a window big enough to jump right at his opponent and floor him. With the Khainite on the ground, the loyal Elf dropped his sword, and hit his opponent square in the face with his fists. Then, he forcefully slammed his thumb into the Elf’s windpipe, crushing it. With a gurgling sound, the lifeless body fell to the deck, blood slowly spilling from the hole in it’s throat. Karth didn’t care. It was only a filthy traitor to the house he owed allegiance to, he deserved to die.

Karth returned to his cabin to think about what was happening on the ship. In a moment they would be having a civil war as bad as the Sundering. The loyal elves would surely win, but he didn’t have enough crew left to man the ship anymore. Then, a plan began forming in his head.
I’ll first have to master my skills of magic, get a feeling for it.
He walked to the room where the Shaman retired. Ironically enough, it was Nageth’s old room. Opening the door, he saw the Shaman sitting on his bed, obviously feeling uncomfortable with the waves of the sea beneath his feet. With a grim smile, Karth told him about the plan.

When Dakreh returned to the ship, he had immediately seen something happened to Karth. He seemed.. Less Druchii, more like the corrupted Cultists he had seen on the Altars in Har Ganeth. He despised Slaaneshi Cults. They where the poison that ran through the veins of the Druchii society, the mistakes of nature. It was because of them the Sundering had been lost, and the once noble Druchii now where locked on that excess piece of continent called Naggaroth. He refused to follow Karth on this. He had followed him on many a dangerous and often suicidal task, but becoming a Slaaneshi follower was too much. He saw other faces in the crew with a brooding, dark look. He knew fights would break out after Karth told wat was going on. He had noticed that they weren’t heading back to Naggaroth, but sailing across the coast to the south. He didn’t exactly know what was happening with Karth, but he was almost sure that the Chaos Sorcerer had to do something with it. If this was one of those trice-damned Slaaneshi Cults, he would get a large bounty for killing the seeds of betrayal.
I need to take Karth out of action, but not kill him. He is of far greater value alive.
With that thought, he walked to the bow of the ship. For a moment, he was sure he saw something beneath the water, but when he looked again, he saw nothing.

Kereth sat in his cabin, thinking about this raid. So after all it wasn’t just a raid with some extra’s… Karth has changed, the ship has changed, and there have been several fights between the crew already. Maybe it’s time to choose sides. I doubt Khaine will pay me more than Karth, but joining Karth means joining Chaos. I don’t like the thought of that.
Thinking about his options, his mind drifted off. He looked out of the small window in his cabin. He saw only sea. It made him feel uncomfortable to be on the water. He was used to the Blackspines, with stones and bushes, not the endless water, with no place to take cover or to move unseen. He hoped to land somewhere soon, wherever it would mean he would end up. A knock on the door broke through his train of thoughts. He opened the door, but nit too far, obscuring the Norse from view. He wasn’t sure if he was allowed to keep her.

Opening the door, he saw a Corsair with a scroll standing in the hall.
“Captain Karth ordered you to read this.”
Kereth took the scroll. Dismissing the Corsair, he closed the door. He sat down on his bed and opened the scroll. What he saw amazed him more than a changed Karth could have ever managed. As he read the words that where inscribed into the scroll, a voice seemed to speak them in his head. After a while he didn’t even read anymore, but he listened to the voice. It spoke of the mighty powers he could achieve if he did what Karth told him. This scroll was the proof of that. He would learn to use the powers of Chaos to his advantage. He would travel across the Old World almost unopposed, and he would even be able to travel to the far lands of Araby and Cathay, sweeping all resistance in front of him. He only needed to follow Karth.

When Kereth put away the letter, he didn’t notice the fact it wasn’t written in Druchii runes, but in a weird kind of drawings, that seemed to move and twist if you looked the other way.

Karth concentrated on the rope. He made his mind empty, but it moved only a little. It didn’t start floating in the air as it was supposed to. He stared at the rope until there was only him, the rope and the endless power of the Winds. Suddenly, he felt the Amulet entering his mind. His concentration faltered for a moment, but suddenly he felt the rope moving. With a soft crackle of energy, the rope lifted from the floor, made a twist in the air, and landed softly in the chest from what it was taken.

See? Together we can beat this Shaman when we don’t need him anymore. It won’t be soon, but in a few years you should be able to use magic in his range of power alone, and together we can blast him to the unseen side of Morrslieb. Agree?
I think we are going to have a very profitable relationship. For both of us.

Karth stood up, and walked to his desk. He sat down behind it, and opened a book that lay on top of it. He had never seen the book before, but seen from the outlandish cover, he guessed the Shaman had put it there. Opening it, he saw it was written in a foreign language, most likely some Chaos script, but between the lines a Drukh-Eltharin translation was written. As he started to read, he was getting more and more amazed about what he and the amulet could reach together.

I'm also making a army list for Karth and his mates. It can be found here

Tijminator
The Price of Power

Viva la Banana!

Tijminator
Beastmaster

Post by Tijminator »

Hmm, looks liek nobody is replying...

Anyway, here is the next part:

Karth put away the book. Though his eyes where getting used to the strange runes in what the book was originally written, he was getting a headache. He was thinking about what the Amulet had told him. Becoming a powerful mage would surely mean a life of luxury and political influence. He liked the thought of that. What he didn’t like was the fact that to reach that life, he needed to join Chaos. Joining Chaos would make him a outcast, a renegade, hunted to the end of the world.

He picked up the book again. Noticing a bookmark, he opened it. It clearly was a verse or poem of some kind, but he didn’t recognise the symbols it was written in. Suddenly, the runes changed. They started twisting and shifting into others, even more abstract shapes. Then he felt a mist clearing from his head.

You say you hate me, yet you feel a flame for me burning inside.

You say you will fight me, yet you can’t even touch my hideous hide.

Oh, warrior of the South, why don’t you join me?

Why don’t you see the folly of your actions?

What makes you feel, what makes you see,

That we are evil, that we are dark fractions?

I am no enemy, I am no ally,

I am a reflection of you…

Karth felt a shiver in the back of his spine. He didn’t know why the Shaman had put a bookmark here, but he knew for certain that it was not meant for him.

Flipping some more pages, he saw the book was richly illustrated. Most of the pictures were showing armour or weapons, but some depicted strange and disturbing demons.

The next page was a loose scrap of paper, crooked, tattered and stained. This was written in runes unknown to Karth, but still he understood what was written. It disturbed him greatly.

Magic is not evil, but neither is it good. Because, after all, what is the exact definition of the concepts ‘evil’ and ‘good’? Are they not just words? Words that have a non-existent meaning? What one thinks of as ‘good’ is ‘evil’ for the other. What, per example, is the line between enjoying life and falling into the hideous workship of Slaanesh? And what is the border between slaying all followers of Chaos in your path, and slaying for the favour of Khorne?

No man can answer these questions, and no man ever will, for this changes with each different beholder. And even then, why is Chaos evil? Is it evil to embrace your own personality, including the parts that are not socially accepted? Is the will to be on the winning side an evil characteristic? It is part of us all, so aren’t we, even the most loyal follower of Sigmar, evil?

It's more a part that should be added to the last part, but meh.

Hope you like it!

Tijminator
The Price of Power

Viva la Banana!