Current Sculpts: Avatar of Khaine, Druchii Lord, Angel

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Current Sculpts: Avatar of Khaine, Druchii Lord, Angel

Post by Rogue-gladiator »

With university out for the summer, I finally have some time to sit down and work on my warhammer miniatures. I thought I would post a few of the works in progress up here to see what you all thought..

The first image I have to show you is a completed (albeit grainy) photo of the angel I sculpted and painted over christmas break. As it was a gift to someone, I haven't taught her how to take a have decent picture yet, so this is the best I have so far- a better picture is pending. But, thoguht you all would like to see this one. Pictures of the work in progress can be found in the link under the photo.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Rog...lpts/Angel%202/

Next is a full sculpt of my take on what an Eldar Avatar of Khaine should look like. While I am a fan of the Forgeworld miniature, and am basing the pose off that work, I do not like the ridiculously sized helmet piece with the faux-wraithbone protrusions that come on bot hthe GW and the FW models, so I figured I would make one of my own. By the time the piece is finished, it will have a rather dark feel to it, as evidenced by the concept art. It is not attached to the base yet, which may explain its lopsided feel

The last piece I have to show you is a druchii lord- specifically an executioner. Still a work in progress- the proportions are in fact a bit off, namely in the hands, but it is also the photo exaggerating the difference in proportion. I should also mention the discolorations in the greenstuff is due to the fact I used a 1500 grit wet sandpaper to make sure the cloth was extra smoothed... sonce I runn it under some water with a toothbrush it'll look better.

Criticism welcome... really... like, tell me they suck and why if you want. Also, apologies for the less than optimal photo, I kinda rushed these. Next batch will be better.

RG
Crouching lictor
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Crouching lictor »

Those look pretty sweet to me! I suck at using Green Stuff!
Dread lord malice
Noble

Post by Dread lord malice »

Not bad at all. But the Angel's nose is far too big. It looks like he took one too many punches to it. But I really like that Lord.
Victory is measured in blood. Yours or your enemies.

Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Thanks for the reply dread lord. The Angel was the first time I ever sculpted a face on my own, so I am aware there were some problems with it... still, all things considered, not bad. The Druchii lord is probably going to be undergoing some modifications right now- I'm ditching the hair (just didn't like the look), resculpting that, repositioning the left arm to be pointing into the distance ina commanding fashion, and I'll probably add some decoration the the sword and Armour... THEN he'll be done.

Thanks for the reply,
RG
Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

The Angel has certainly come a long way from the start. The lance blade (looks much nicer held upright, btw) seems a bit chunky though. A slimmer, longer blade might have been more fitting.

I see you dropped the orb idea in the end, but what is he actually holding now?

I assume from the base he won't be used in any games, of course. :P

So...you got more time now? ;)

AoAlgebra :lol:
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

An update on my work:

With the exception of joining the hilt and guard of his sword together, the Executioner is finished- I resculpted his hair to give him a more Druchii-ish look (as opposed to a wood elf poser). I'm quite happy with the results:

I've also started on a female corsair lord, which is in it's very beginning stages. She can be found here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/ ... gether.jpg

Druchii related projects aside, I have three other sculpts which i wanted to show the progress on. The firstis the avatar of khaine, which is now afixed to his base, has the beginnings of feet, and has his upper body furthered:

The next photo is a work in progress of a nightmare sculpt I have been comissioned to complete. I mainly am posting it to show the pose:

the last piece is just a model i was fooling around with, thought it was coming along well though- nothing more than a nude figure (without certain bits).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/ ... al-man.jpg
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

How do you made this :shock: AWESOME MODELS :!: i just sit down and all was borring but when i saw this i really got back to the happy side. Do you have any GS tips? oh i almost forget are you from March?
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

brilliant work, im waiting for the next update.
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

Looking good, I've really got to get around to working on my sculpting soon
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

I really like what I see. Keep it up!
Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Thanks for the encouragement guys- I'm currently have a bit of burnout with sculpting, due to the crazy schedule I've had as of late, but seeing some nice posts telling me to keep it up inspires me to kep at it. Perhaps I'll set some time aside tomorrow to work... oh, unless of course you'd prefer to see the lifesize skull and lifesize head I've been sculpting for my summer college class, but I doubt that of interest in a miniature modeling sections :D
Brachenshire
Executioner

Post by Brachenshire »

nice stuff RG...looks really good.