The Howling Heights (Northern Europe)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Artein
Highborn

The Howling Heights (Northern Europe)

Post by Artein »

So it's a battlezone for North Europe. Are we going to organize something? We should think what to fight for there....
and I generaly have no idea.... :?
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

We can organise something if we just stick our heads together.

The first thing we should probably do is a roll call.
Then we can come up with a few interesting goals for everyone.

An example of our goals could be the plundering of leopoldhaus and the temple of the fallen. In leopoldhaus we can find some slaves, money and other trinkets. In the temple of the fallen we might find some magic items.

ps. I also suggest you edit the topic title so that people can easily see that this thread is about the northern Europe battlezone.

Fighters in Northern Europe:
Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar

please copy the list in your post.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar
Lethalis

Hell yeah I'm in.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

The Official Site wrote:But it is not without reason that the locals warn against travel through their lands, for the lonely hills are dotted with ancient cairns, stone circles and toppled monoliths..... many an eerie story, of voices upon the wind, of standing stones bathed in pulsing lights..... The Howling Heights is an ill-favoured region, the domain of elder powers, upon which Men should think twice before trespassing.

Sounds like there's something afoot in those hills. Maybe you could base your fluff around an investigation?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

We could check the Mine and look for some clues there, but since the Crown "left" the Mine I'm not sure if it's worth it....
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I am more interested in Leopoldhaus and the temple of the fallen. The temple can be an interesting place to search for magic items and Leopoldhaus is a nice place to rob some gold and get some slaves.
The ruines of Juttersdorf might also be a place worth checking. I heard ruined towns house many a wild creature. There might be something of interest there for a beastmaster.

The shade Force (as talked about in a different thread) should ofcourse start there search for the crown in the mine.
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

For now the most tempting looks The Temple of the Fallen....
anyone know what's The Tower of Mourning?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

All I know is that it is a watch tower. haven't heard anything else about it.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar
Lethalis
Daeron (I will use a different name for my general in the campaign)

Count me in! I have yet to examine in detail the terrain and possible objectives for the campaign but I am in full preparation of an army for the campaign. I am game for the whole deal and would love to help a hand in:
- battles
- fluff
- pictures
- artwork (I'm limited in this department)
- organisation
Though I think Dnet should be our homeground I have some tools/webspace and development time handy for specific needs, depending on the level of commitment and organization you guys fancy.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

welcome aboard Daeron.

I figured it would be handy if we knew who is loyal to Malekith and who is not. This would play a mayor part in the fluff, after all House Darkwater is on a renegade-hunt.

I for one am a loyalist.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Storywise, my House originates from a commander following Khaine and loyal to Malekith. In a sense: Khaine was the path and Malekith showed the way. While very loyal to Malekith, I consider myself more a fanatic of Khaine ;)
I live to sacrifice blood, do honorable combat and great deeds in Khaine's name. I would sacrifce my own blood and body on his altar ere I stray from that path.

Would you guys prefer to reflect the fluff in army lists or keep fluff mainly for the story/reports?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Morvai wrote:
Fighters in Northern Europe:
Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar

please copy the list in your post.

It's Draknir. Or just Drak, if you want.

But I'm in. My Black Ark, Palace of Everlasting Torment is ready to set sail! I'm a loyalist, not a renegade, but nor am I a fanatic- All I want to do is to pillage and plunder and return to Naggaroth with as many valuables as I can catch. I hope there won't be any competition between me and Lord Darkwater, so it'd be better to sail on the same side.

Now then, as for the goals, I am for example heading to Temple of the Fallen in hope of something shiny. There will propably be a battle report or few about my raids, and I would be glad to add my part to the story. (Fluff and artwork)
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Would you guys prefer to reflect the fluff in army lists or keep fluff mainly for the story/reports?

That’s entirely up to you. I Have based my armylist on my fluff, but that’s just my personal taste.

It's Draknir . Or just Drak, if you want.

sorry draknir, my bad.

Now then, we already have 3 out of 5 players in favour of raiding the temple of the fallen. I suggest we make this one of our prime goals.

what do we do for minor goals?
Raiding the ruines of juttersdorf for beasts?
Raiding the unnamed town for slaves?
Raiding Leopoldhaus for gold and slaves?
Something else?
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

I figured it would be handy if we knew who is loyal to Malekith and who is not.

Loyalist, unquestioning.

As for minor goals, I'd say raid the Empire till no one dares living within 10 miles from the coastline.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I vote also for Leopoldhaus (did you mention "gold"?)

Hey, there's gotta be more Northerners in here! Calling Finns, kheirakh and Arcturus, do you read me? Anyone else?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I vote also for Leopoldhaus (did you mention "gold"?)

nobility + gold = asking for trouble :lol:

Hey, there's gotta be more Northerners in here! Calling Finns, kheirakh and Arcturus, do you read me? Anyone else?

Most of them will probably drop in around the start of the campaign. But around then all important decisions have already been made. So, sucks to be late :lol:
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Artein
Morvai
Darknir Helgar
Lethalis
Daeron
Ranieth

Myself I have no real opinion what to go for so far. I do not have the Nemesis Crown Campaign booklet which came together with a white dwarf issue a while back since I am just getting back into warhammer again. Can the booklet be found anywhere else?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Welcome aboard Ranieth.
Just a quick fluff question, is your character loyal to Malekith or is he/she a renegade?

the campaign booklet can be foudn here:
http://nemesis.ne.games-workshop.com/do ... efault.htm
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Ranieth would be like most of the druchii I assume, definately loyal to Malekith but not really fanatical. I had him be a renegade some time ago, but I've scrapped that idea since then.

Thanks for the link :)
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

asur.org wrote:4 - The Howling Heights

- The possibility to find the crown is the greatest there so that is an important goal but also there is a strong Undead danger we must stop.

- Base - Temple of the Fallen - ancient tomb we must protect.
- Goal - Mandredsfeld - should Undead take control of it consequences would be dire

It seems that our hated kin has decided that they want to establish their base in our raiding site. Although others might not agree with me, I think this is a good thing. Now we can raid the tomb and kill asur all in one.
And it gets even better. Over at Da Warpath I found out that the greenskins want to take the goblin lair and from there conquer the rest of the land. We can lure them towards the Temple of the Fallen and just ride the green tide all over the asur. Just as the fluff alliance said.

So what do you think?
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

While I don't think we should put too much trust in barbarian greenskins who will want to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime it sounds like a plan. However, it does mean we need to be more alert than we are already, I don't feel like losing the territory just because a few of their warbosses suddenly look to the other side and think "oh my gork, more elves!" and start charging our troops.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Well I guess we simply have to bash some sense into them then. :lol:
I think if we can just use them for the mean assault while we flank charge the HE we could have a great first strike. As soon as we win ground or have conquered the place we can send the orcs off towards some other place. After all the less they are around the less a chance that they go ballistic on us.

Does anyone has a good idea how the Chaos Dwarfs can help us with taking the temple and keeping the temple?
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Morvai wrote:Does anyone have a good idea how the Chaos Dwarfs can help us with taking the temple and keeping the temple?

Uhm, well, we could kill 'em and use 'em for walls, sort of like the spartans did in 300...?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Better use Orcs then. Making a wall out of dwarfs can take a while. :lol:
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

As I hear, the Chaos Dwarfs have a habit of controlling greenskins. Perhaps they can be used as some kind of buffer?