My special character! I've shown you mine... Show me yours?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bloodyangel
Black Guard

My special character! I've shown you mine... Show me yours?

Post by Bloodyangel »

Not sure if this has been done before. It probably has.... but I'm doing it anyways. I thought it would be fun for the fine Druchii players on the site (and maybe even those of your who play the lesser races.... though you should be ashamed), to make up their army's general as a unique special character and post them here... Complete with their fluff. Or maybe not even your general...but someone you've always wanted to see as a special Character... How should I know? Who knows? Maybe someone important at GW will troll through here and swipe a few of these ideas for official use. I doubt it, but you never know. Anyways, here is my general.

Illiiya Jaelrae "The Bloody Angel" (Lord Choice, 225 points)

Illiiya is the leader of "The Bloody Hand", a vicious band of slave raiders from Karond Kar. Originally led by her father, Az'aral Jaelrae... who taught Illiiya of fighting and war from a young age. Illiiya grew into a pale, slender beauty, but also small and fragile, even as the Druchii count such things. Her physical frailties only intesified her desire to succeed as a warrioress without the natural brute might of others. Her weapons became her mind and the illusion of weakness her small frame and fragile build created. Cruel and brilliant, Illiiya learned all she could under her father's command, practicing her skills at manipulation on the very man she sought to replace. Az'aral and his daughter were "unnaturally" close according to some, and he never suspected that the knife to finally find his back would be hers.

Illiiya's father met his end in a mutiny after she had lured his men to her side with promises of wealth and power. Discarding her father's bloated, poisoned body into the sea, she assumed his command. She returned to Naggaroth with so much wealth and slaves from the human lands that she was left in command of her father's fleet, making her one of the youngest Druchii to lead a band in almost 4000 years. Despite her youth, Illiiya is a brilliant and skilled leader and strategiest, cruel and trecherous to her foes as skilled at scheming and manipulation as someone several times her age. Her beauty and popularity amongst her men earned her the name "Angel of the Bloody Hand" or simply "The Bloody Angel". Under her command, the Bloody Hand has been successful in every raid to date... bringing back massive amounts of slaves and treasure to fuel the armies of Naggaroth.

M: 5 WS: 5 BS: 6 S: 3 T: 2 W: 3 I: 8 A: 3 Ld: 10

Illiiya is mounted on a Dark Steed, and is equipped with Light Armor, a Lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak and Repeater Crossbow.

Special Rules: Illiiya is an expert rider and benifits from all the rules for Fast Cavalry. These bonuses are not given to any unit she joins, unless they are also Fast Cavalry.

Master of Strategy: Illiiya is a brilliant and cunning tactician, and has been around soldiers and fighting for nearly all of her life. Beautiful and cruel, Illiiya is as close to beloved by her soldiers as a Druchii can be. When she directs the actions of her men, they are capable of besting even far superior opponents. At the start of each dark elf turn, choose one unit within 12" of Illiiya, including her own, which recieves + 1 to it's combat resolution as if the army's battle standard was within the unit. That unit also becomes Stubborn. This bonus lasts until the beginning of the next dark elf turn and does stack if the army's battle standard actually IS in the chosen unit.

Angel of the Bloody Hand: Such is their devotion to their frail but brilliant general, that Illiiya's soldiers will guard her with their lives. Illiiya has a 2+ Ward save versus all attacks, provided there is at least one other model in her unit. If she makes this ward save, choose one model from her unit, which takes the full effect of the attack that struck her in her stead. That model recieves no armor or ward saves of any kind against this attack.

Soulblight: A master of deception and underhanded tactics, Illiiya believes that honor is a weakness and never fights fair. She coats her weapons in Soulblight, an alchemical brew crafted specifically for her by the Bloodmire sisters. Soulblight eats at both the body and soul of it's victims, until they are rent apart from the inside in terrible agony. All of Illiiya's attacks, both in close combat and shoting are considered both poisoned and magical, and she may re-roll to wound with them.

A newly revised Illiiya! Look on and be envious! Heh.
Last edited by Bloodyangel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anyone looking for awesome art, here's the girl to see... her stuff is amazing!

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/fuju ... index.html
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I was misled by the title of your thread. IT sounded like you were offering some sort of buffet or quick serve fast food combo meal type deal for making your own Character with different options and upgrades.....

If GW trolled through here for ideas I think they would go insane!

I can't say I like your Character. A Lord with WS5 is no good. She seems rather expensive too. Oh well nice try though. Maybe refine it according to the standard values in the armybook. You can simply rename magic items to give them fluffy meaning.

She kinda sounds like a Druchii Annointed.

The story is cool. Just use the fluff on a normal Highborn. Take lot's Dark Riders and Shades or something.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

For my character check out the links in the sig. He has decided to ead the invasion of tor thana during the nemesis campaign
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Awww.... bad comments already.... Aren't the first few commentors supposed to stroke my fragile ego? Oh, and sorry for the misleading title... but at least it might draw people in to comment... Or at least to tell me I'm an idiot.

I only gave her WS 5 because... well... I went more by the fluff than the stats of a normal noble or highborn. Illiiya is small, frail and not the greatest hand to hand fighter... the reason to take her was supposed to be her low cost (for a special character, at least) and her crazy leadership skills... Currently in the games I play, I run Illiiya as a noble (She's a bit too young and green to have the uberstats of a Highborn). Do you think I should make her cheaper, or give her more or better special abilities. The idea was to make her an amazing leader and strategist, not a tank or a hero-killer. Brains over brawn.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but how is she like a Druchii anointed? Because of the armor? Nothing else she does is chaos-like in any way... and her physical stats are far below an anointed.

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Moved to Ideas.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
D'jihurccen
Executioner

Post by D'jihurccen »

First of all i like the background, and the fluff behind the character. I think it could work, shes probably over pointed, but still, stubborn corsair units with LD 10 is deff something that could be fun to tie up enemy units for flank charges and such.

The extra weapons and special rules sorta clutter up the character, maybe try to focus them a little bit more, you've got the theme of a slaver army with corsairs, so maybe expand that rule a bit more, rather then having so many unrelated things. You could condense the 2nd and 4th rules into one, making corsairs a 1+ and making any corsair unit within 6" of her stubborn, and have one unit of corsairs able to reposition after deployment.

just some ideas, take what you want from it.
Dark moon Host (druchii) w/d/l 9/2/4
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

I'm sorry that it's more rules than fluff-I might work on some later, and you might have already seen it, but...

Kelethan is a dark elf hero and his unit count as special.

Kelethan's shadow riders are the elite of the dark riders. Their captain, Kelethan chooses only the most able and proven riders to join his band. Stealth is their speciality, they are well capable of slaughtering a warband 10 times their size if ambushed. Making them very formiddable in war.

Kelethan

Code: Select all

M WS BS S T W I A LD
5 6 6 4 3 2 9 3 9

code: Shadow Rider

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    5 5  5  3 3 1 6 1 8

Kelethan and his riders all ride dark steeds

Weapons and armour
Kelethan wields the sword of shadows, armour of shadows, and a reapeater crossbow.
Shadow riders carry spears, repeater crossbows and have light armour.

Sword of shadows allows Kelethan to strike first and is always coated in dark venom.

The armour of shadows was forged by a sourceress specifically for Kelethan. It is light armour that in adition gives him a 6+ ward save.

Points : Kelethan is 185 points. Each Shadow rider is 29 points

unit size (including Kelethan) 5-15

Speacial rules

Kelethan's shadow riders are fast cavalry.

the unit may not have any command in order to prevent being noticed.

Through vigorous training, experience and the fact that only the quickest survive, all their dark steeds have Inititive 5.

Kelethan and his riders can scout

They all hate high elves.

Kelethan and his riders always keep to the shadows making it hard for the enemy to shoot them, this means any ranged attacks are -1 to hit.

Such is their skill in fireing while on horseback, they dont suffer the move and shoot penalty.
Last edited by Darklord of naggaroth on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

I like it. Kelethan and Illiiya would make a nasty team. (Granted, they're both lord choices... so they'd need a huge army... but still) I approve.

Now come on you other people, don't be shy! Make up some cool fluff and rules for your general and share with us. I'm curious what kinds of people lead the armies of the Druchii.

Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

Virnash, The Lord of Swords

Born in a village in mountains far from the huge towns of the Druchii, Virnash lied in his bed, waiting for his parents to come back out of their tents to feed him up. No, he surely didn't cry on the first night of his life. His parents however, were unlucky, and Virnash was taken by raiders who lived in the area. It was said that those raiders stole children to take their skins off to make clothes, to use their eyeballs to make their favourite dish, and to sharpen their bones to use as crossbow bolts. These were the feared Manflayers. Even feared by the Druchii themselves, it were one of the most cruel of men in the known world. Mengil Manhide, the leader of the manflayer kin, liked the child however, and let him live. He grew up under command of one of the most cruel men, and therefore, he became cruel as well. After 63 years of training, he was very experienced with the sword, and was allowed to join Mengil into his first battle. In this battle he became known in the Druchii homeland, for killing F'varor, a strong man from the chaos wastes. He killed him by using his sword, that was broken by the axe of the Chaos Lord, to make a hole in the armour of the Lord. Thereafter, he shot the Lord twice in the leg with a repeater crossbow, and he used his dagger to cut his whole face away. The Chaos Lord was defeated. Virnash was loved amongst the Manflayers, but he wanted to see other parts of the world, and therefore, he gathered an army, and trained it to what it is now.

Virnash, the Lord of Swords

Mv Ws Bs S T Wo In At Ld Pts
6 . 7 . 6 . 4 3 3 . 9 . 5 .10 285

(The dots are to clarify.)

Choice: Lord choice
Weapons and Armour: Huge amount of Swords & Daggers, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Magical Items: Armour of Despite, Black Ruby.

Armour of Despite: Counts as Light Armour, and grants the Strike First ability
Black Ruby: Enables Virnash to cast Steed of Shadows at a power level of D6 each magic phase. The user is allowed to wear armour as normal

Special Rules:
Huge amount of Swords & Daggers: This means that Virnash carries just a huge amount of Swords & Daggers, so he can choose what equipement to take:
Draich: Counts as Great Weapon, but as Virnash isn't as experienced with it as with other weapons, he gets a -1 on his At and In stats.
Sword: Enables the Lord of Swords to strike with armour piercing (-1), and lets him pursue with an extra dice. You need to discard the lowest however.
Sword and Dagger: Counts as one armour piercing weapon, and one weapon which grants +1 At without armour piercing, or acts like a shield. You can't get the +1 save for HW+Sh.
Double Dagger: Grants Virnash +D3 Attacks, whilst removing his Killing Blow special rule.

Killing Blow: Virnash is very skilled with weapons, and therefore he has got the Killing Blow special rule.

Virnash' Raiding force: His force must at least include one unit of repeater crossbowmen, which may be upgraded to Shadowhunters for +7 pts/model. This means that they get the skirmish special rule, poisoned attacks, and +1 Strength in the first round of combat.

EDIT: You're right, maybe 8 Str 4 attack is to much, I changed the double dagger rule, and made the Heavy Armour to Light Armour.
Last edited by Ehakir on Sat May 26, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Lord adrianus
Noble

Post by Lord adrianus »

Don't you think this guy is a bit overpowered? A guy with 8 str4 killing blow with steed of shadows on a d6 and a possible 2+ save vs shooting or 3+ shooting 4+in combat with the 8th attacks?
Starting with Orks!!! A green tide will come (well, I have 34 boyz now :D
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Daemia Thornwind

Race: Dark Elf

Birth Place: Karond Fel, Naggaroth

Affiliation: Druchii / Freelancer

Motto: "Treachery and intrigue may be the coin in this realm but in the arena only your prowess, skill and the blade in your hand count."

Weapon: Khadalir, Semi-Draich

Armour: Darksteel Mail

Mount: Malaki, Cold One

Equipment: Aenarmenyir, Talisman

Background:

Karond Fel is a small garrison in the vicinity of Clar Karond in the South of Naggaroth. The Dark Elves there have developed a rather uncommon trait among Druchii: Intrigues and assassination are largely frowned upon in the bastion - the houses of Karond Fel value martial prowess far higher than the art of scheming and maneuvering. The Druchii in the big cities regard this behaviour as rural and uncivilized but the proximity of the High Elf bridgehead Arnheim means a constant threat to the small outpost. Thus the Noble Houses of Karond Fel have pledged their unconditional allegiance towards each other despite the derision of the 'sophisticated' Dark Elves dwelling in the major cities. This relatively harmonious sytem has been governed by the Dreadlord Zharkan Thornwind for the past 300 years. His firstborn son Anastyr was abducted as an infant during Death Night, a holy day among Druchii. The boy survived the ensuing bath in the ancient bass cauldron of the Blood God Khaine and was from then on accepted in the structure of the Temple and raised to become an Assassin of the Lord of Murder. Zharkan's second child Daemia was raised normally - she grew up and picked up the martial tradition of her home. She served both in the City Guard of Clar Karond and in the Cold One Knights regiment of Naggarond, accumulating as much military experience as possible. Yet Daemia disliked the crowded Druchii cities which brimmed with double-crossers and sycophants - what the city population regarded as the normal way of living in the unforgiving Land of Chill clashed with Daemia's sense of honour. The young Elf felt that she was not meant to ascend to a position of power in her homeland due to her - for a Druchii - unconventional morale. Daemia was prepared to succeed her father one day but until then she had to occupy herself somehow. Fed up with Naggaroth she was glad to hear rumours about a legendary temple city in Lustria, housing countless warriors from all corners of the world who battled themselves in the pits and arenas of the ancient Lizardmen location: Rezephua. Many Dark Elves had undertaken the journey southwards to participate in the tournaments - either for glory or the treasures which awaited the winner. The concept of these so-called "Arenas of Death" appealed to Daemia and she decided to follow the path many had gone before - to test her skill against the best fighters she came across. She journeyed to Lustria and found the city of Rezephua with realtive ease. Daemia promptly enlisted in an Arena but her dreams of glory and wealth were utterly destroyed when she lost her very first fight against a stalwart Dwarf Lord. Since she had travelled without a retinue she believed herself irrevocably at the verge of death due to the grievous wounds received in the duel she had already committed herself to the Lord of Murder when she was brought back to life due to the miraclous intervention of a Dark Elf sorceress. Fyrhaine as the mysterious elf called herself healed Daemia's wounds and offered to accompany the young noble from now on. Daemia gladly accepted though the motives of the sorceress escaped and puzzled her. Yet the value of a companion who was a skilled healer was undeniable and so the two Dark Elves teamed up.
She learned that very few fights truly ended with the permanent death of one duelist - healing magic and an occasional resurrection either by one's own retinue or against a fee by the tourney's host ensured that a constant caste of duelists had established in Rezephua - adventurers, fortune hunters, mercenaries and veterans of a thousand battles, each following their own agenda. In a way the temple city was even more dangerous than the strongholds of Naggaroth yet Daemia decided to stay.
She had tasted Arena atmosphere and she liked it - the thrill of a duel to the total submission of one fighter was even more exciting than the heat of a larger skirmish. The seed of an addiction had been spawned in the young Highborn and from now on she participated in every tournament and Arena she could gain a place in.

Appearance:

Daemia is easily recognisable as a Dark Elf - her pale skin and mane of jetblack hair are a telltale sign of her Naggarothian descent. She wears her hair loose apart from a few strands fashioned to braids which frame her gaunt features and grey-greenish eyes. Her armour is a battered suit of Druchii plate mail - not as solidly and durably forged as the models Humans or Dwarfs prefer but offering a perfect balance between protection and mobility. From her shoulders hangs a blue scale cloak and around her neck she wears the Aenarmenyir pendant. A sheath on the saddle of her Cold One Malaki holds her sword Deathshard, a curved and barbed bastard sword.

Malaki

Malaki is Daemia's loyal Nauglir mount - accustomed to his mistress since his hatching in the kennels of Karond Fel he carried her through battles and into many duels. The loyalty to his mistress is unyielding and even has overcome the traditional dim-wittedness of the Cold Ones. Unlike other knights Daemia does not have to anoint herself with Nauglir slime to be accepted by her mount as other Cold One Knights have to, so huge is Malaki's respect for her. He tirelessly carries her from Arena to Arena and his lumbering charge and sharp fangs and talons make him a fearsome sight and also a considerable force to reckon with.

Darksteel Armour

Daemia protects herself with a well-worn suit of articulate Darksteel plate mail. The grey armour bears little decoration - its wearer valuing functionality higher than appearance. Though it is not further imbued it grants Deamia a considerable amount of protection while preserving most of her Elvish agility.

Saurus Cloak

During her trek through the Lustrian jungles Daemia - among other dangers - encountered a huge Saurus warrior but was able to best him in the ensuing duel. Impressed by the toughness of the beast's bluish scale she chose to work its hide into a cloak for herself. Worn over her shoulders it offers additional protection and mitigates the impact of incoming blows.

Khadalir (Drukh-Eltharin for "Death Shard")

Daemia's personal weapon is a curved sword vaguely resembling an Executioner's Draich. Khadalir has been forged by the Renegade Priests of Vaul at the Column of Hotek. It is made from an ensorcelled alloy of silvered steel and molten malachite extracted from the Skink charm Daemia acquired on her first journey to Lustria. The greenish blade of Khadalir has been wrought with runes of power which let Daemia wield it with the same ease as others would swing a willow wand - but to a much more terrible effect for her foes - Khadalir's edge cleaves Gromril, steel, flesh and bone alike and its bite has spelt doom for many an enemy of Daemia.

Aenarmenyir (Drukh-Eltharin for "Vigilant Green Eye")

Shortly after her encounter with the Saurus Daemia stumbled across a decrepit Lizardmen temple ruin. The routine looting of the location awarded her an amulet she took from the altar of the temple's intact inner sanctum. The pendant was a sigil carved from a single piece of malachite, radiated an aura of power which let Daemia pluck it from its resting place. It was a potent talisman and provided Daemia with protection against the attacks of her enemies.
Once Daemia had returned to Naggaroth she let the Priests of Vaul situated at the Column of Hotek use the magical potential and substance of the amulet to create her blade Death Shard. Yet not all of the pendant's power had vanished after the forging of the sword and the Priests reshaped the remaining material into a small ring which Daemia now wears around her neck. The Aenarmenyir as she calls it retained enough of its former power to enhance her intuition - with the help of the amulet Daemia is capable of anticipating at least some attacks in a duel and thus evade them. The Aenarmenyr has saved her life more than once.

M WS BS  S  T  W  I  A Ld
Daemia 5  6  5  4  3  2  7  3  9
Malaki 7  4  0  5  4  3  3  2  7

Points 210

Wargear: Khadalir, Aenarmenyir, Darksteel Mail, Saurus Scale Cloak, Repeater Crossbow Pistol

Special Rules:

Duelist

Daemia will always accept a challenge and will always issue one if possible. If the challenge is declined, Daemia is subject to hatred for the rest of the turn.

Nauglir

Malaki is a monstrous mount (50*50mm base) and causes fear. His scales provide him with a 4+ armour save.

Unyielding loyalty

Unlike other Cold Ones Malaki does not suffer from stupidity as long as Daemia is alive and his unit is not joined by other Cold Ones. Malaki will always count as having rolled the "Whimper..." result on the Monster reaction table if Daemia is slain.

Magic Items:

Khadalir

Khadalir counts as a halberd (thus confering +1 strength and using two hands). If Daemia rolls a 5 or 6 to wound the attack allows no armour save.

Aenarmenyir

Enemies trying to attack Daemia in close combat suffer a -1 penalty on their to-hit roll.

Saurus Scale Cloak

The Saurus Scale Cloak adds +1 to Daemia's armour save against missile attacks.

Darksteel Mail

The Darksteel Mail provides Daemia with an armour save of 4+.

I realize that I could just as well have equipped her with a regular SDC and heavy armour with the same results. Yeah, whatever. ;)

Repeater Crossbow Pistol

This is a ranged weapon with the following profile: Strength 3, Range 8", Multiple Shots: 3, No penalties for moving or long range

Cost contemplations:

Daemia       70
Malaki *)    45
Duelist       5
Khadalir     40
Aenarmenyir  25
Mail + Cloak 10
RXB Pistol   15

*) Including "Nauglir" and "Unyielding Loyalty" - Malaki seems slightly worse (since slower) than a Wood Elf Great Stag (50 pts) due to his lower speed, thus the price.

This is my customized version of Daemia, my #1 Dark Elf duelist which fights inRezephua. In AoDs she is a Highborn and rides a regular Cold One, comes with heavy armour and a sea dragon cloak and bears a Talisman of Protection and the Draich of Dark Power.

In background terms she is not nearly as experienced as a Highborn though, so I considered a hero level character more appropriate for her.
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

BloodyAngel wrote:I like it. Kelethan and Illiiya would make a nasty team. (Granted, they're both lord choices... so they'd need a huge army... but still) I approve.

BTW kelethan is a hero choice
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Name: Drainial Athalir

Race:Druchii

Birth place: A maner house near Tor Anlec

Affiliation: Druchii renagade and worshiper of Tzeentch

Weapon: Saronagh

Armour: Khadath

Mount:Drachain

Equipment: Ithal, baby dragon.

Back ground:

Drainial was born during the first great war against Chaos when the forces of the ruinus powers had just gained accsess to the world. He was raised on the deads of Aeniarion driving back the foul flood of Daemons. Drainial was far to young to fight in that war and it was over long before he came into manhood. Drainial was the first and only son of a noble house of some standing and wealth but little power, his father had died in the war slain by the magic of a Great unclean one. This technicly left Drainial as the head of house his house although untill he had grown his mother was the true power.

By the time of the Sundering Drainial was grown into his prime and he was outraged as were many citizens of Nagraythe when Malikith was denied the throne. When war was declared he instantly proclamed that Athalir stood for Malikith. As a nobleman Drainial rode to war atop his great dragon Drachain who had borne his father to war before him. In the battles of the Sundering Drainial fought hard for Malikiths cause and resived battle houners for he was swift to learn the blade and swifter to learn how to comand his not inconsiderable forces. However Drainial was drunk on glory and when the war began to turn against the people of Nagrythe he began to lose faith in Malikith. When they were driven to the sea his love and respect for his ruler had turned entierly to hatred and contempt. As his family had never had holdings by the sea there was no Black ark for him and he made the jurney on a gally.

Upon landing in Naggaroth Drainial wasted no time in desiding to leave again, he waited only untill his Black ark had been constructed before gathering his followers and setting sail again never to willingly return to the soild of Naggaroth.

Shortly after this Drainial took to travel, some thing drew him ever north and so taking only what provisions he needed to survive Drainial mounted Drachain and flew towards what ever pulled at his thoughts and dreams. Eventualy his flights took him the the Chaos wastes and deap within those wastes he found a deap cavern filled with glittering gems of all colores shimering in ever changing lights that seemed to come from up a head. Deaper in the cavern he found a cave that could be off no natural orogin for its walls were perfectly smouth and of ever changing colours. At the centre of this cave was an alter that never seemed to stop changing, it had no solid form melting and reforming in myrid differant shapes and colours. At this alter Drainial pledged his imortal soul to Tzeentch the lord of fate and the Changer of ways. At this the alter divided to reveal a sword and a suit of armour both swiming with runes, Drainial doned the armour imediatly and took the sword as his own.

Leaving the cave marked by his new master Drainial took it upon him self to convert all others. The first inteligent beings he met were a small tribe of murorders(SP?) and it did not take long for the silver tonged elf to bring them around to his way of thinking and his religion. Jurnying back to his ark it took only a small amount of time before they to were devoted to the worship of the changer of ways and all disenters were quitly asked to leave (remember that they were in the middle of the ocean at the time).

His worship of Tzeentch has granted Drainial many gifts, formost amoungst them is the incredibly long life he has lived with no waneing of prowess and more reacently he has begun to manipulate the warp and use magic though he is not yet amoungst the great sorrcers of the world. As a power hunger elf with quite a considerable army in his Black ark Har Atha Drainial longs for an empire but he knows that he canot possibly chalange the great nations of the world so he has chosen a differant target. The islands of the Telian gulf hold no alligence to any nation and so have no protection, allready Drainial holds one large island and was preparing for anther invasion before he heard of an artifact named the Nemissis crown and headed towords the Empire.

M/WS/BS/S/T/A/W/I/LD/PTS
Drainial: 5/ 7 / 5 /4/3/4/ 3/8/ 10/250
Drachain6/ 6 / 3/6/6/5/ /3/ 8/320

Saronagh: The sword he found within the alter of change in the wastes Saronagh is a powerful weapon as it changes all that it cuts and people dont tend to live once their flesh beiging to turn to custurd or their organs mutate into feathers.

Attacks from Saronagh always wound on a 3+.

Khadath: The Chaos armour that Drainial found within the alter is also a potant artifact, Drainial can cast spells whilst wearing the armour and it grants him a 4+ armour save and a 5+ ward save.

Ithal: The baby dragon which Drainial is raising accomponys him to battle and although she is small her fangs are sharp. Ithal counts as a ranged waepon, she has a range of 18" and a strenth of 4 (this is mostly because my model is based on the COK champion)

Mark of Tzeentch: Drainial has the mark of Tzeentch as it is described for aspiring and exelted champions giving his magic level 2, he will always use the lore of Tzeentch.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Slerac Fellblade of Karond Kar 275pts
Born to a life of luxury Highborn Fellblade took to the sea for adventure glory and wealth. But on his Haksir or training cruise his life nearly came to an abrupt violent end. The weapon that almost did it was a lance from a brettonian noble. Two more inches and a fraction of a second is all the saved his life. Upon this realization and his victory something snapped in the young noble. He wanted the lance. It held no real value and no one understood why nor did he. 300+ years since that day he is still doing this in every battle collecting something. Sometimes it is the weapons and armour of a particular foe, it is sometimes a steed or an item which catches his eye.

M WS BS S T I W A LD
5 7 6 4 3 8 3 4 10

Weapons: Draich of Blood
Armour: Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Clock

Rules
Draich of Blood:
This blade was a weapon forged of Death Night sanctified in the blood of those sacrificed to khaine. But much like khaine this blade always thirsts for more blood
Counts as a great weapon but for every wound inflicted after saves are doubled.

Collector:
Before a battle begins you must choose something or someone in your opponents army. This has caught the highborn's eye. if you chose a soldier in your opponents army choose one from the front rank of the unit. This soldier now gets +1A, +1W and for all intents and purposes counts as a character. He may only be singled out in a challenege by the highborn. If this character is defeated by Slerac the dark elf player gains an additional 100 VP. If he is not successful at getting this item the dark elf player loses 100 VP.
This process works for Banners in that the banner bearer counts as a Battle standard for the purposes of determining wheather Slerac has captured the banner.
For magic items it also works the same way except one use magic items cannot be chosen in this way as when they lose their magical abilities the highborn would lose interest.

Red Sash Reavers:
Any army containing Slerac Fellblade may opt to take a Unit of Red Sash Reavers. The red Sash reavers were the first crew he served with and have been the backbone of his fleet since.
0-1 unit of Red Sash Reaverscan be selected in an army containing Slerac Fellblade they count as Cosairs except they are armed with Draich's (Great Weapons)and cost 12pts a Model. If Slerac Joins them they will become stubborn. [/i]
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Ninsaneja
Dark Rider

Post by Ninsaneja »

I've made one special character for the Persian homemade army i posted before.

Sanjin the Bloody: 200 pts, hero

m ws bs s t w i a ld
6 9 9 4 3 2 9 3 10

2 hand weapons, Pendant of Fangs, Red Wrath

Pendant of Fangs: The pendant of fangs grants a ward save of 7+, increased by 1 for each kill Sanjin makes up to a maximum of 4+.
Red Wrath: A wound made with Red Wrath poison will never stop bleeding. Red Wrath is a poison on Sanjin's weapons that grants Poison and Killing Blow. Attacks made with Red Wrath poison count as magical attacks.
Hidden: Sanjin is as assassin and follows all rules that apply to assassins.
Some things should just not be censored. For example? *****.

Crazy like a Ninja!
Deus dusith
Trainee Warrior

Post by Deus dusith »

1 – Deus Dusith (must be taken and must be army general) Counts as a Hero choice - 180 points

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Deus DuSith 5 6 6 4 3 3 7 3 9
Cold One 7 3 0 4 3 1 3 1 3

Weapons and Armour: Wicked Hatred, Hand Weapon, Shield of Ghrond, Heavy Armour and Sea Dragon Cloak.

Mount: Cold One.

Special Rules: Hates High Elves, Stupidity, Causes Fear, Thick-Skinned, Wicked Hatred, Torturing Blow, Retainers.

Wicked Hatred: Wicked Hatred is counted as a magical Hand weapon as it is a spiked gauntlet but also causes Torturing Blow and allows all characters and unit champions with Killing Blow in the Dark Elf Army to cause Torturing Blow instead. Wicked Hatred also gives Deus Desith +2 attacks during challenges.

Shield of Ghrond: Same as in Dark Elf Army Book

Torturing Blow: Acts as Killing Blow but if successful during a challenge Re-Roll any Killing Blows and on a roll of 1-4 they stay as Killing Blow but a roll of 5-6 makes the character murder the other in some torturing way that makes the unit cause fear in this round of combat (immediately after the challenge but roll as if charging with fear for rest of combat even if you were charged!). If unit causes fear already, they cause Terror in same manner as above. If Deus DuSith is slain, this bonus is lost.

Retainers: At the cost of 340 points extra Deus Dusith enters battle with his own Retainer which are 9 Cold One Knights that include Standard Bearer and Musician which do not count as a unit in terms of core, special or rare. They also have the Banner of Dusith which acts as Banner of Murder but instead roll 2d6 and remove the lowest roll. Deus DuSith is unable to leave the unit and no other characters can join the unit.

Im still working on the Fluff but It will consist of a lot of Executioners and Cold One Knights for sure. The Idea of this General and Army is to murder and slaughter in the most enjoyable way... Torture. Deus Dusith himself is cheap compared to other S.C. as he is really just a CO Noble till you get in a challage.. I also uped the cost of Executioner champs to 15 point a piece. I have playtest the guy once with his unit, a second COK unit being 9 Stong with a Noble w/ DoDP, 2 x 18 strong Executioners w/ F.C., 3 x 5 Dark Riders w/ RxBs and a Hydra.... ended up gettin Torturing Blow twice and Once was against an ItP unit... So it a fun rule that can become the game winner but you need to be a lucky SoB.
"Want to know what Sucks about me rolling a soild '6' to wound with Killing Blow... Nevermind you're Dead!" - Deus Dusith A.K.A The Noble of Doom!!!
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Illiiya Jaelrae "The Bloody Angel" (Lord Choice, 225 points)

Illiiya is the leader of "The Bloody Hand", a vicious band of slave raiders from Karond Kar. Originally led by her father, Az'aral Jaelrae... who taught Illiiya of fighting and war from a young age. Illiiya grew into a pale, slender beauty, but also small and fragile, even as the Druchii count such things. Her physical frailties only intesified her desire to succeed as a warrioress without the natural brute might of others. Her weapons became her mind and the illusion of weakness her small frame and fragile build created. Cruel and brilliant, Illiiya learned all she could under her father's command, practicing her skills at manipulation on the very man she sought to replace. Az'aral and his daughter were "unnaturally" close according to some, and he never suspected that the knife to finally find his back would be hers.

Illiiya's father met his end in a mutiny after she had lured his men to her side with promises of wealth and power. Discarding her father's bloated, poisoned body into the sea, she assumed his command. She returned to Naggaroth with so much wealth and slaves from the human lands that she was left in command of her father's fleet, making her one of the youngest Druchii to lead a band in almost 4000 years. Despite her youth, Illiiya is a brilliant and skilled leader and strategiest, cruel and trecherous to her foes as skilled at scheming and manipulation as someone several times her age. Her beauty and popularity amongst her men earned her the name "Angel of the Bloody Hand" or simply "The Bloody Angel". Under her command, the Bloody Hand has been successful in every raid to date... bringing back massive amounts of slaves and treasure to fuel the armies of Naggaroth.

M: 5 WS: 5 BS: 6 S: 3 T: 2 W: 3 I: 8 A: 3 Ld: 10

Illiiya is mounted on a Dark Steed, and is equipped with Light Armor, a Lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak and Repeater Crossbow.

Special Rules: Illiiya is an expert rider and benifits from all the rules for Fast Cavalry. These bonuses are not given to any unit she joins, unless they are also Fast Cavalry.

Master of Strategy: Illiiya is a brilliant and cunning tactician, and has been around soldiers and fighting for nearly all of her life. Beautiful and cruel, Illiiya is as close to beloved by her soldiers as a Druchii can be. When she directs the actions of her men, they are capable of besting even far superior opponents. At the start of each dark elf turn, choose one unit within 12" of Illiiya, including her own, which recieves + 1 to it's combat resolution as if the army's battle standard was within the unit. That unit also becomes Stubborn. This bonus lasts until the beginning of the next dark elf turn and does stack if the army's battle standard actually IS in the chosen unit.

Angel of the Bloody Hand: Such is their devotion to their frail but brilliant general, that Illiiya's soldiers will guard her with their lives. Illiiya has a 2+ Ward save versus all attacks, provided there is at least one other model in her unit. If she makes this ward save, choose one model from her unit, which takes the full effect of the attack that struck her in her stead. That model recieves no armor or ward saves of any kind against this attack.

Soulblight: A master of deception and underhanded tactics, Illiiya believes that honor is a weakness and never fights fair. She coats her weapons in Soulblight, an alchemical brew crafted specifically for her by the Bloodmire sisters. Soulblight eats at both the body and soul of it's victims, until they are rent apart from the inside in terrible agony. All of Illiiya's attacks, both in close combat and shoting are considered both poisoned and magical, and she may re-roll to wound with them.

A newly revised Illiiya! Look on and be envious! Heh.

Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

(My turn)

Ekiel Akie, hated scumb of Har Ganeath (Lord choice 325pts)

Eversince Ekiel Akie was child, he has been brought him with hatred and rage to hate everything even his own kind. Believed to be the son of a slave yet still have noble blood Ekiel has done his best to strive if life. He has had the biggest misforunates and the greatest mistakes yet all it does is make him more persistant.

He has now gained money from the petty of his superiors. Now Ekiel Akie leads the corsair fleet named the 'Todbranders' and beside him is his cutthroat warriors and his Father's untrusted executioners.

M: 5 WS: 7 BS: 6 S: 4 T: 3 W: 3 I: 8 A: 4 Ld: 10

Ekiel akie is armed with a great weapon and is also equiped twin daggers (Addtional hand weapons) coated with manbane and armour of darkness.

Brought up to hate everything: His Father brought Ekiel up to hate everything and everyone except him and Malekith. To represent this Ekiel hates anything he comes to combat with.

Noble house trialled: Ekiel's Father had ventured to the wastes and when he returned alone, he was judged of hersey, but was trialled innocent, eversince though the temple of khaine has distrusted their family. To represent this each unit has follows may not use Ekiel's leadership if he is the general or be joined with him: Executioners, witch elves and cauldron of blood.

Desperate life of strife: Ekiel has lived a poor noble life on the edge, but is desperate to change that at all close and will go to nothing to make sure that he gains his Father's respect and everyne else's. To represent this Ekiel is stubborn and also ignores units fleeing. He will also accept all challenges to a duel seeing as he will not be put down by others.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Amon Kray (Lord Choice 250pts)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 7 4 4 3 2 7 3 9

Amon rides a cold one and wears Heavy Armor and carries a shield. He wields the Blooddrinker.

Blooddrinker: Enchanted to leech the life from it's victims and bestow it upon the weilder, Blooddrinker is a powerful heirloom of Amon's family. The vicious barbs that run down the blade pierce even the hardest armor or toughest skin, seeking out the blood of those struck. Armor saves made against the blade have a -2 penalty, in addition to the penalty from the wielders strength. In addition, for each casualty caused in close combat by the wielder, Amon gains +1 wound or regains 1 wound lost earlier in the battle. He may no more than double his total number of starting wounds. (So 4 Wounds, max).

Amon's Retinue: Any army containing Amon must contain one unit of cold one knights, which Amon must lead personally. Amon cannot leave the unit. These loyal servants of his family will not abandon him. For as long as Amon lives, they are stubborn... but at leadership... Even if the general is within 12", the knights must still always use Amon's leadership.

Pride of the Highborn: Amon cannot refuse challanges. His pride is too strong. Amon Hates any hero or lord who challanges him, and his hatred continues in the second and subsequent rounds of combat, if any.

And Amon makes two! What do you think?
Last edited by Bloodyangel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think that its a decent charactor but too powerful to be a hero choice, make him a lord and its fine.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

Done and done... Glad you like him!

Lord adrianus
Noble

Post by Lord adrianus »

If you make him a lord you should give him 3 wounds. But maybe you should then set a max 5 wounds limit.
Starting with Orks!!! A green tide will come (well, I have 34 boyz now :D
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

may i ask, how do you determine how much points does an skill cost? for instance, killing blow... do you take it as for a magic object that grants the skill or have a cost by its own?

i'm making my character, but still got this question.

greetings
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

I would take the cost of the upgrade from the temple of khaine list... but that might be a bit high. Personally, I just compare the character to other characters and see if they seem balanced. For instance, Malus Darkblade is 350pts. (Which I personally disagree with... but what can you do). For everything your character does better than Malus, add points. for everything they do worse... remove them. And try and keep it in scale. For instance, killing blow is more valuable on something that has more attacks. As is poison. But ultimately, this is just for fun and not official. Just put down what you think feels right and see how it flies.

Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

ok cool ive written up rules for a couple special characters recently and was wondering if they are are fair or not( total fluff will be posted soon)

so basicly this is my lord/main character dude his fluff is that the Witch-king tried to kill him and his army because he was getting too powerful, now only a small portion of his once large force (20 ships 5000 elves) are alive (idk mabey 5 500 or something like that)

Malice Stormblade lord of the stormreavers of Clar karond
M WS BS S T W A I LD
5 7 7 4 3 4 4 7 10
Armor: Malice wears the stormreavers battle gear and a SDC
Weapons:Malice has the swords of the storm and an RXB
Mount: malice rides an armored manticore(5+ armorsave)
Swords of the storm: counts as dual wielding,+1 str, armor piercing
Stormrevers battle gear: 2+ armorsave ,5+ward

i guess he could also be fielded without the manti but for less the main thing is if his cost is right and what he would cost to field without the manti

there is also this guy, his 2nd in command(havent written fluff yet)
but basicly i was playing with my friend and his skinks shot at my DR and killed 2 then i charged him and she stood and shot, killing 2 more but one DR killed the beat them in combat and then i nicknamed him tom, later in that game he went on to kill 2 sarurs with his x bow and killed a scarvet on the charge(one wound by rider and one by pony) so this super DR inspired me to write full for a knight of clar karond so here it is

Rainth deathsword
Deathknight of Clar kond
M WS BS S T W A I LD pts=200
5 6 6 4 3 2 3 7 9
Tom deathsteed or clar kond
M WS BS S T W A I LD
9 4 4 4 4 1 2 4 6
Weapons: Lance of the Void,
Armor: deathknights battlegear
Lance of the void:
+2 str on the charge +1 str in other rounds of combat
Killing blow
Deathknights battlegear: 2+AS,
Deathsteed: is a demonic mount that has been summond for the lower planes(may always march,Fear,)
i think he might be a little unbalanced but i would like some input.

ok this guy i wrote up today and his fluff is that he was the son of a DE lord that was raiding the cost of Ulthaun and the raid goes wrong and his family is captured(lithad is a baby along with his mother and rest of famliy) the HE kill the rest of the family but cant kill lithad(hes just too cute) and they decied since hes a baby that wont remember anything they bring him up as a swordmaster. he is very good and rises up the ranks. then when that guy(forget his name lol) decides to invade narggoth, lithad goes with him and is captured by malice,who after beating lithad and is about to kill him reconizes him(knew his father,they were very good friends) and asks him some questions then lithad relizes that he is actually is a dark elf and starts to hate the swordmasters who lied to him about his childhood, he then becomes malices friend and starts to become accepted into DE socitey by studying with the excs, and showing them some swordmaster stuff.

Lithad high executioner of Clar karond :160
M WS BS S T A I LD
5 6 6 4 3 3 7 9
Armor: lithad wears enchanted elven chain armor(4+)
Weapons: millennium blade
Rules
Master at arms: having been brought up as a swordmaster and also learning the tricks of the executioners lithad is a master at arms and combat, this gives him a 6+ ward save as he can anticipate almost any blow. His mastery at arms also gives him the ablitiy of killing blow and this combinded with the power of the millennium blade gives him 5+ killing blow.
Millennium blade: 2 handed, +2 str, doesn’t strike last, armor piercing

umm yeah those are my 3 characters malice takes a lord and the other 2 take hero slots

input appreciated :D
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387