House Fellblade NC background

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

_maelstrom_
Shade

House Fellblade NC background

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi,

ive posted parts of my fluff in the barren hills thread but I thought i would post a new thread that i can add my story to and the fluff of battles i fight, i'll post the first to parts together, more will soon follow:

Areon Fellblade head of house Fellblade sat in the great hall of his home in Har Ganeth, arrayed on the table infront of him were a collection of artefacts taken after a successful raid upon the necropolis of Prince Mephisto in the land of the dead. He was inspecting his prizes, although the ancient human artefacts were crude by druchii standards, they were particularily potent magical items. Areon was inspecting an engraved amulet when he heard a commotion outside and the sound of someone rapidly approaching. A dark rider burst through the door, heading straight for a furious looking Areon.

"My lord I bring word from the Witch-king" stammered the dark rider, trying to catch his breath. "And what does Malekith wish of me?" hissed Areon, displeasure at being interupted showing in the tone of his voice.
The dark rider opened a leather pouch that was attached to his belt, from this he produced a rolled up parchment, which he unravelled.
"Lord Malekith proclaims that all of the noble houses must despatch forces to the old world, an unknown artefact of power is rumoured to have been discovered in the area the humans call 'The Great Forest'. They have foolishly sent many of their troops in search of this item, leaving many of their settlements ill defended." read the rider fearfully, knowing the irritation his presence caused to the druchii lord.
"carry on" said Areon, pretending to be interested.
"Lord Malekith wishes the noble houses to raid the now ill-defended costal towns of the human 'Empire' in order to capture slaves, that will be put to use in the next invasion of Ulthuan, if an opportunity arises for you to seize the artefact you are to do so, and return it to Naggaroth." continued the rider.
"Also there are reports of several rebel lords converging on the area, Malekith wishes them 'dealt' with, there will be great reward for their capture or 'removal'".
The rider then proceeded to read through a list of names, with Rackieth the exiled catching Areons attention.
"Malekiths orders will be carried out, now leave me" spat Areon, anger clear in his voice.
The rider hastely put the parchment away, before bowing to Areon and then quickly leaving the hall.

After the messenger had left Areon let out a laugh, Malekiths spies must be lacking in quality he thought, he had been aware of these developments for a while now. His agents in the guise of wandering Asur had infiltrated the empire and had let him know of the developments in the old world, even now his army and fleet were all but ready to depart, far ahead of the rival noble houses.
He had shared this information with 2 of the noble houses he had good relations with, the armies and fleets of both Azenaith Viricarsi and Ekiel Akie were also ready to leave. Areon had shared information with them concerning a far greater prize than a mear artefact, his spies had heard rumours amongst the humans, wispers of sightings of the ancient ruins of Tor Thana. If they could locate and recapture these ruins, they would serve as an ideal stronghold in the old world, from which to launch a vicious campaign of raids against the humans that would vastly increase their power and infulence within the courts of Naggaroth.

Areon was disturbed from his thoughts by someone else entering the hall, he looked up to see the form of Kirel the captain of his fleet. She was a slenderly built elf unarmoured and swathed in her sea dragon cloak, but dont let her appearance fool you thought Areon. She had a great reputation as a sailor almost matched by that of her brutality and had risen to her exalted position through her cunning scheming that removed all rivals, many of which were found floating in the docks.

"The fleet is ready to leave Areon" she said gruffly
"good we will leave at sundown" said Areon, he didnt care that she hadn't addressed him properly as he had respect her.
With that he began to collect the artefacts from the table, ready to be put into his treasury. Kirel remained standing there.
"Is there something else?" asked Areon
"I have come by some information within one of the corsair drinking dens, that you may find interesting." she stated
"What is this information" asked Areon, the matter having caught his interest.
"It appears that us and our allies aren't the only ones headed for Tor Thana, there are rumours in the docks, rumours of a great gathering of rebel lords, lead by one Rackieth the exiled." she stated.

Rackieth? why did he recognise this name thought Areon, then he realised who he was, Rackieth was once the champion of lord Yuerl exiled for practising magic over a decade ago, how could he still live? surely malekiths agents would have tracked him down? even more puzzling was how he had managed to gain so much power in such a short time.

"Who has joined Rackieth?" asked Areon
" The names I have heard mentioned are Gorgoneth, Drainial Shadowheart and Xzanth Cyrian" stated Kirel
"Gorgoneth!" spat Areon in shock, that name sent a chill down even Areons spine, he knew full well of the rituals of the Cult of Choresh and the area around his fortress of Har Kython was avoided by all sane Druchii lest they end up on the altar.
"How has this Rackieth managed to attract the likes of Gorgoneth to serve him?" hissed Areon
"No one knows at this moment, he has most likely offered them great power." she answered

This is an interesting development thought Areon, maybe these rebels could be turned to his advantage, by joining forces they would be able to capture Tor Thana more easily. plus if they were weakened Areon could attempt to capture some of the rebel lords and claim a great reward from Malekith.

"prepare to leave, send word to our allies, I think we will meet this Rackieth" declared Areon

cheers,
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Very nice story there. It intertwines with the others making me more puzzled and wanting to find out more, very good!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yay a mention however short. It seems a good start though most of the begining seem to be more or less alike (I know that mine is fairly similar to yours and Gooners)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Yes I like dis one. I hope for it to continue succesfully Maelstorm.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

It is similar but that's the kind of fluff cohesion we're looking for isn't it. We have all made it clear that the ports of Naggaroth are abuzz with tales of the rebel army growing outside Tor Thana.

Anyway, great start Maelstrom. Between us we have some talented writers here, we should be able to cook up some good stuff!
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Looking good.

FYI, Is this set after the meetings we have already seen? or do you mean that the other lords were then going to meet with Rackieth. If Areon Fellblade is currently on his way, I can mention the sighting of his Ark.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, glad you re enjoying the fluff, i will mention your character more soon dranial and i'll include yours when i meet rackieth Tilmann.

my character hasnt met with Rackieth yet, he is on his was over so feel free to mention the ark tilmann. i'll be meeting up with Lord Kaihlik Rashia's characters before we meet up with Rackieth seen as we're loyalists.

but anyway onto part 3:

Areon had just arrived at the docks of Har Ganeth, after bidding fair well to his wife and instucting his guards not to allow anyone near his treasury. He was dressed in the full plate armour of the Druchii nobility, his large cloak blowing wildly on the sea breeze, he wore no helmet his long black hair was also caught in the breeze. He surveyed his fleet he had 12 large ships at his disposal as well as 5 smaller skiffs the crowning glory of his fleet was the "Blood Keep", Areons black ark it was far smaller than the arks of some of the other noble houses but was more than a match for any ships that they could encounter, they would be leaving within the hour as sunset approached, so as to avoid the attentions of any of the accursed Asurs patrols.

Areon caught movement in the corner of his eye and turned to see Kirel rapidly approaching.
"Areon we have some guests that you will wish to meet" she announced
"Where are these guests?" asked Areon, suspicious of the sudden interest in his ships
"Their over at the Blood Keep, follow me" she said before turning and heading back the way she came.

Areon followed Kirel along the dock yard, passing his corsairs and warriors as they loaded the last of the supplies onto the ships, on one of the larger ships the beastmasters were herding a large group of cold ones into the pens that were on the lower decks ready to be unleashed in battle. As they carried on walking Areon was nearly hit by a bundle of reaper bolts, they crashd to the floor just ahead of him. he looked up furiously to find a group of slaves man handling a bolt thrower using pulleys to guide it onto the deck. The offending slave was staring at Areon teriffied as to what was to become of him.

"See that he is sent to the maidens of Khaine!" growled Areon, pointing an armoured finger at the offender.

The slave was quickly dragged away by some guards who paid no attention to his pleas. Areon stared back up at the slave master who was in charge of the group of slaves, fear visible on the druchii's face.

"I suggest that you keep better control over your charges in future, or it might be you being sent to the temple of Khaine" hissed Areon menacingly.
"Y...yes my lord" trembled the slavemaster.

They arrived at the Blood Keep to find it surrounded by a large contingent of executioners, all of them standing in disiplined ranks, as Areon got closer their leader emerged from the ranks. He was a tall druchii clad in the heavy armour of the executioners, he wore a black cloak with his Draich strapped in a sheath on his back, his features were masked by his tall helmet.

He approached Areon, bowing to show his respect.

"Greetings Lord Fellblade, the temple of Khaine sends you its aid in the up and coming conflict" he began.
"It is good to have the temples aid, but what is the price of your services?" asked Areon
"The temple asks no price, you have been loyal to Khaine and generous in your offerings therefore our services are yours for no price" he explained
This is to good to be true thought Areon, there must be somekind of hidden agenda although he would not press the matter further as the executioners are excellent warriors that he could put to good use.

"What is your name?" asked Areon

The warrior then preceded to remove his helmet, Areon was surprised by what he saw. It was his younger brother Alrek, who had left the family many years before to join the brotherhood of executioners, it was due to this fact that the family enjoyed a good relationship with the temple of Khaine.

"Alrek Fellblade, I hold the rank of Master executioner" he grinned
"This is a surprise my Brother, it has been many years since we last met, I see that you have advanced through the ranks quickly" stated Areon
"aye I have, we have seen alot of action against the damned Asur" Alrek said, anger in his voice at the mention of the Asur
"It is good to have you at my side for the coming war brother, you and your men will be shown to your courters. Then come and join me and my senior officers on the bridge, we have to draw up our battle plans." said Areon

With that the executioners were lead into the depths of the Blood Keep by one of Areons guards.

"A very interesting development, prepare to set sail" said Areon
"Prepare to sail!" shouted Kirel

Within half an hour the fleet had left the shores of Naggaroth, ready to bring terror to the old world

cheers,
Last edited by _maelstrom_ on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Good stuff Maelstrom, good link with the execs, I like justification for elite units like that. The bit with the slave was well written too.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I am looking forward to reading more
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi,
here is the next part of my fluff, right up to where im about to meet Lord Kaihlik Rashia's characters:

They had been at sea for over a week now with no incidence, it appeared that even the Asurs patrols where loath to actually attack the fleet directly most likely fearing for their lives. The course had been plotted using the crude human maps of their "Empire" that had been taken in raids. The fleet had already passed the coast of the human kingdom of Bretonnia, with some of the smaller skiffs launching successful raids on the costal villages. These villages could muster little defence seen as most of the men of fighting age had joined the armies of the local lords, these defences proved little challenge for the corsairs who captured mearly the first of many slaves yet to be seized.
Two of the larger ships and three of the skiffs had stayed in the costal areas of Bretonnia, Areon instructing the officier in charge to make the most of the weak defences, but also to keep a low profile as to not attract any major resisitance that could block his route back to Har Ganeth.

Passing down what the humans called the river Riek had been far easier than Areon had thought, with the cities of Marrienburg and even the human capital of Altdorf now being behind them. This ease was largely due to the depleted garrisions of the cities as well as the magic of the sorceresses in the service of Areon, who had surrounded the fleet with a cloud of fog as they travelled at night. Had more of the human battle wizards been present in the area then it may have been a different story.
However the journey had not been without incident, as they had reached the fork in the river Riek that led onto the Stir the group of ships had been spotted by a crude steampowered boat manned by the humans of the stirland river patrol, they had opened fire with their primative blackpowder weapons as they attempted to flee, though their shots went wide or harmlessly hit the ships. In return the reaper bolt throwers on the deck skewered the small ship, smashing a hole in its hull, as the humans had tried to abandon the sinking ship they were ruthlessly gunned down by repeater crossbow fire from the warriors on deck, a survivior could not be risked as they could carry news of the druchii army to the empire generals.

Areon stood on the bridge of the "Blood Keep", surveying the area around him according to maps they had now entered an area know as the barren hills and were currently traveling up the river Stir, luckiy for him it was a broad river if it had been smaller the Blood Keep would have struggled, being smaller than a normal ark also aided in travel. Kirel stood at his side also looking at the maps.

"This is the area where Tor Thana has been seen according to my agents" stated Areon, pointing to the their current vecinity on the map
"Are you sure that the agents information is accurate?" questioned Kirel
"My agents have never failed me" said Areon, dismissing Kirels concerns.
"If this Rackieth is in the area then we should soon begin to see signs of his encampment" said Areon
"And what wll you do when we find him?, I'm sure that these rebels won't take kindly to those loyal to the Witch-King showing up at their camp" stated Kirel
"This Rackieth will be in need of all the assistance he can get, seen as the sightings of Tor Thana are of couse going to have been reported to the Asur. I will mearly offer him our services at a price, if all goes ill then we will try to seize some of the rebel leaders and hand them over to Malekith for a great reward" said Areon with a grin.

The conversation was interrupted as Alrek entered the room. he was fully armoured as if about to go into battle.

"Areon smoke has been sighted in the distance" he declared
"Excellent we may have finally found the camp of Rackieth, prepare a retinue to join us ashore" said Areon
"I will bring some of my most able warriors incase, events take a bad turn" said Alrek before leaving the bridge.

As the fleet approached the smoke it became clear that it was no camp, infact it was the smoking ruins of a small village obviously destroyed recently as there were still embers burning in the crude human houses. The fleet had stopped at this point, Areon now in full armour had disembarked and was currently walking through the smoldering ruins accompainied by Alrek and a retinue of executioners.

"This has got to be the work of fellow druchii" said one of the executioners
"I agree, if it were orcs or the warriors of chaos there would be little left standing, as well as bodies left where they fell" said Alrek, surveying the area
"It would appear Rackieths forces have been here recently, no doubt Gorgoneth wants more to sacrifice" said Areon, kicking part of a broken pot across the floor.
"we will stop here for the night, set up a small camp, if Rackieth is near he may send messengers" declared Areon

As the group turned back and headed towards the ships they were unaware of the group of shades watching them from within the forest, at the notion of their leader they faded back into the shadows.

It was now night, the ships had anchored in the river and a small camp had been set up on the shore, mearly a few tents with a few sentries so as to not intimidate any potential messengers. A group of guards stood around a flickering fire discussing the conflict about to begin, they were disturbed by movement. They levelled their spears and started pacing towards the area where the movement was coming from.

"Halt who goes there?" said one of the Guards.

To their surprise a group of shades appeared from the shadows, their leader at their head.

"We are scouts in the service of Lord Kaihlik Rashia, we seek an audience with Lord Fellblade" stated the lead shade
"Very well, follow us we will take you to our commanding officier" stated the lead guard before turing back towards the camp
The leader of the shades was shown into the largest tent, sat behind a table was Alrek, the guard then went to Alrek and spoke quietly into his ear before leaving.

"So you claim to be in the service of House Rashia, exactly what is Kaihlik doing here? I was aware of his fleet returning to Naggaroth" asked Alrek
"Two of my lords sons have indeed returned to Naggaroth, but he himself remains." Answered the shade
"And why do you seek an audience with Lord Fellblade?" asked Areon, satisfied with the previous answer
"Lord Rashia requires information on any current developments as we have been away from Naggaroth for many months" answered the shade.

"I see, very well you shall have an audience, Lord Fellblade may be willing to share some important information with you and your master. Your Lord and his army may also be able to aid us. Follow me" declared Areon before rising and leaving the tent.

The next part will be Areon meeting Kaihik (if thats what you want lord kaihik), then finally tracking down and meeting up with you rebels.

cheers
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Any relation to my sick bastid in Karond Kar?
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Very good, a loyalist with throw a little extra spice into the pot (with a Tzeentch worshipor a cultist of Khaine and an exiled wizerd as well this is going to be one spicey stew)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Good stuff Maelstrom.

As far as the next part, I was hoping you would want to write the encounter as I am not a great writer (ill try for this campaign). Also since it is your character that has all of the information it would make sense for you to write it. Other than telling Kaihlik about Tor Thana I don't mind what else you tell him. If you don't tell him about the nature of his allies then it would make for an interesting encounter.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

thanks guys,

@Slerac : they can b long lost cousins lol

@Lord Kaihlik: sure i will write up the encounter if you want, when its done i'll PM it to you so as you can read it first and check that u are happy with it.

is it me or is D.net playin up alot lately? i couldnt access the site 3 times yesterday afternoon and it took a few atempts to actually post up the fluff.

cheers,
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Not just you. It's gone down on me more times than I can count (Ok, probably not, but more times than I can bother counting)
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Well my psycho is a collector of randomness. Always collects something from every battle field he is on and when he comes back from raiding each however long it is he usually has a collection showing party.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Just been able to read this again, but I only scanned (Sorry I didn't have my glasses so if I focused too much it would hurt my eyes like blazes) but heck I loved the cruetly of how you sunk a human ship (Wasn't much cruetly explained, but if you think about it, sinking to your death and being slowly shot to death by bolts is just using them as fun target pratice)
Sanity... is for the weak!
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

cheers Walrus, because of the ship incidence ive got one of the guys from Warhammer-empire whos a stirland general writing it into his fluff plus hes sending huntsmen to harass my army which i will write into mine.

@Slerac: i may write some stuff into my fluff about one of your collection showing parties, i'll mention it say if one of the other guys involved in the barren hills collects trophies

the next part should b done soon
cheers,
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What sunken ship is this, I can't find it in your posts?

Gentleman of Moderation
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

However the journey had not been without incident, as they had reached the fork in the river Riek that led onto the Stir the group of ships had been spotted by a crude steampowered boat manned by the humans of the stirland river patrol, they had opened fire with their primative blackpowder weapons as they attempted to flee, though their shots went wide or harmlessly hit the ships. In return the reaper bolt throwers on the deck skewered the small ship, smashing a hole in its hull, as the humans had tried to abandon the sinking ship they were ruthlessly gunned down by repeater crossbow fire from the warriors on deck, a survivior could not be risked as they could carry news of the druchii army to the empire generals.

theres the part involving the ship Drainial.

cheers,
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah thanks.

Gentleman of Moderation
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi, heres the next part of my fluff the first paragraph was written by Kaihlik from his characters poit of view

When Kaihlik was happy that everyone was ready he mounted his Cold One and set off at the head of the column, leaving his son in charge of the army. He looked over to his retainer Tarris Khelor who rode just behind Kaihlik to his right. All of the Knights were wearing full battledress freshly repaired and polished. There was not as many as Kaihlik would have liked, many cold ones had perished in the previous months as Kaihlik had driven them on in search of the magical artefacts he had promised to the Convent back in Naggarond.

He hoped Fellblade could tell him something of use as Kaihlik was desperate. Back is Naggarond he had learned of some powerful magical artefacts apparently hidden somewhere within the human “Empire”. Thinking he had the perfect opportunity to further his political ambitions and increase his standing with the Sorceresses Kaihlik had approached them and promised them the artefacts on return to Naggarond and even requested the sorceresses send a envoy with the raiding party to make sure that the Convents wishes were represented (although he mainly expected the artefacts to be guarded by magical wards which he would require a seer to get past). Confident Kaihlik had set sail for the Old World and his army had punched though the Empire taking many slaves until they reached the caves which he believed the artefacts to be kept. It was there that Kaihlik’s plan came undone. The caves were empty and although it seemed that artefacts had once lay there, they were no more. Larinah the sorceress in charge of the Convent envoy flew into a rage at the news and insisted that Kaihlik find a way to repay the temple.

So Kaihlik with a large part of his force had headed into the Empire in a blind hunt for magical artefacts. The rest of Kaihliks forces headed back to their Ark along with two of Kaihlik’s sons with the slaves they had captured on the raid, he could no longer delay their return as 500 of the slaves were promised to the Temple of Khaine and patience was not a well known quality of the witch elves, but Kaihlik knew that anger indeed was. His remaining and youngest son Serrin remained behind with Kaihlik in a desperate attempt to find something and prove himself to his harsh father.

The though of the angry seer back at the camp had made Kaihliks decision easy when he heard of other Druchii forces in the area, he had sent his shades to arrange a meeting with Fellblade at once. He hoped to learn something of use from him as he could not return to Naggarond with his pledge unfulfilled, the Sorceresses did not forgive and they did not forget.
------------------------------------------------------
Areon was sitting behind a large table, he had left the ship and was within a large tent. He had sent the shades to fetch their master and now waited in the shore encampment for his arrival. One of his guards entered the tent.

"My lord, our scouts report an approaching convoy." He began, after bowing to Areon
"Have they described this convoy" asked Areon
"Indeed they have my lord, they bear the banner of house Rashia" He stated.
"Excellent my guest has arrived" declared Areon, as he rose from his seat.
The guard held the tent flap open, and Areon advanced outside he was greeted with the site of the convoy entering the camp, at its head was Lord Kaihlik Rashia mounted on his cold one and in full Druchii plate armour to his side rode Tarris Khelor his personal champion who bore aloft the banner of House Rashia. the convoy was made up of Kaihliks personal guard all mounted on their cold one mounts and fully armoured. The convoy came to a halt at the raising of Kaihliks hand, he dismounted as did Tarris who handed the banner to one of the body guards, Lord Kaihlik strode purposefully towards Areon who by now was surrounded by his bodyguard of executioners.

The two Druchii lords bowed to each other to show their respect, Areon gestured towards the large tent and the two lords entered it. Inside the tent they both sat down at the table, Areon fetching a map and unravelled it.
"Straight to the point I see" said Kaihlik
"Indeed, there is little need of formal greetings and the matters that we must discuss are far more important" answered Areon
"Yes they are, my shades tell me that you have some important information to share with me, what does it concern?" asked Kaihlik
"Lord Malekith has issued a Decree to all of the noble houses, we are to make best use of the current chaos ingulfing the humans pathetic "Empire" and capture as many slaves as possible for use in the next invasion of Ulthuan. Also he wants any rebel Druchii captured or killed, he offers great reward for this." Stated Areon
"This is all the information you have to offer me, I have been away for many months raiding and I already know of this artefact that has appeared with in this "great forest" said Kaihlik, seemingly disappointed.
"No it is not, my agents within the "Empire” have brought me word of a far greater prize than mear slaves or an artefact" continued Areon
"And what is this prize you speak of?" Asked Kaihlik now showing more interest.

"The prize is the ancient ruins of Tor Thana, a ruined city that formally belonged to our accursed kin. if we can take the ruins and rebuild them we will have a great base from which to raid the human lands, giving us far greater power within the courts of naggaroth. So I extend an offer for an alliance between our houses our combined forces will stand more of a chance of being sucessful, what do you say?" Asked Areon

There was silence as Kaihlik thought

"This is a most generous offer but I must ask, what is the catch?" said Kaihlik
"You are not easily decieved Kaihlik, very well there is no catch on my part, but we are not the only ones headed for Tor Thana. Probably the largest gathering of rebel lords that has been known are also planning on taking the Tor. They are lead by one called Rackieth the exiled, he has many powerful lords in his service including Gorgoneth the high priest of Choresh, Drainial ShadowHeart, Xzanth Cyrian and more. I propose that we join up with these rebels for a short time, as we don't have the strength to directly oppose them and if all goes ill then we can attempt to capture some of their leader to hand over to the Blackguard" continued Areon

At the mention of rebels a look of pure hatred crossed Kaihliks face, he quickly regained his composure to carry on the discussion.

"This is indeed a good plan but you under estimate the rebels, we both know all to well of the Cult of Choresh, but it is Drainial Shadowheart that disturbs me also, he is an ancient worshipper of Tzeentch he may even be older than lady Morathi, being a worshipper of that dark god gifts him with great power I do not think he will be easily decieved, also there is the problem of us being mistaken for rebels, I do not wish to be a target for the Assassins of Khaine” said Kaihlik sternly
“This is why we will be truthful with these rebels, trying to decieve them invites certain death if we tell them that we are loyalists mearly acting for our own gain then they may not be so distrustful towards us, can I count on your aid?” asked Areon

There was silence as Kaihlik thought once more. This development presented a very good opportunity to him, the ruins of Tor Thana would surely contain some great artefacts of power that he would then be able to give to the Convent of sorceresses back in Naggarond and the option of capturing a rebel leader if the plan went ill was very tempting.

“Indeed you will have my support in this venture” answered Kaihlik
"However it is incrediblly distasteful to think that we have to serve below such lowborn scum" hissed Kaihlik, anger clear in his voice
"It will not be for long, we will aid them while it serves our agenda if we are in a position to take the Tor then we will, I will get my scouts to to monitor the area for any other loyalist prescence we may be able o enlist enough aid to defeat the rebels once we have captured the city" said Areon, anger also in the tone of his voice at the thought of serving this Rackieth.

Areon gestured at the map on the table
"It is mearly a case of locating their camp now, I believe it is in this area" said Areon pointing at a section of the map
"That problem I can solve, my shades have recently found a trail leading to a large camp, it is a few leagues from here I believe this to be their base of operations, until your news I thought they were loyalist Druchii but obviously I was mistaken" Said Kaihlik, anger again visible on his face at the mention of rebels. He pointed an armoured finger at an area of the map, the encampment was on the banks of the river Narn
"You have indeed been of great help Kaihlik, I will advance up the river stir and then onto the river Narn, I will meet you here about a league from there camp in 2 days time, then we will travel together to meet this great rebel lord" stated Areon

"Yes we will meet this scum together and show them what true Druchii are, I will return to my army now and prepare to leave" said Kaihlik, as he arose from his seat.
The two Druchii lord shook hands, before bowing to each other again. They left the tent, Kaihlik heading back towards his mount, the column of knights forming up aroud him again, he remounted.

"We will see you in two days time Areon" declared Kaihlik, before turning his mount away.
As the convoy left the camp, Alrek and Kirel both approached Areon.

"I assume that the meeting went well" said Alrek

"Indeed it did, we now have at least one dependable ally in this, come we must prepare to leave" stated Areon before turning back towards the awaiting ships.

more will soon follow got to write up the meeting with Rackieth, let me know what you think

cheers,
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I like it, Drainial is slightly yunger just so you know, but that is not going to be comen knowledge.

Gentleman of Moderation
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Always willing to offer a possible cousin passage to the new world for of course a price.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

thanks,

@Slerac: i may have an idea on how to mention your character in my fluff, it''l probably be in the next part, plus im sure Areon would send his cousin a souvenir such as a severed head or a nice weapon. lol

cheers,