Masters of Mischief (NC fiction)

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Masters of Mischief (NC fiction)

Post by Morvai »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Here's the first entry for my characters campaign fluff. Enjoy and tell me what you think.

What he said :lol:

Dan was looking out over the city from the balcony of his workshop. Below him people rushed from place to place. Everyone was busy with the preparations for the upcoming war. A few days ago House Blackblade had announced to go towards the Empire to look for the Nemesis Crown. With the Ruling House of Vikarh on the move many a noble went on the move as well, all trying to improve their political and social status in the coming war.
Dan stared through a lookingglass at the docks. Many nobles were already prepared to sail out and were on deck shouting the last orders before they set off.
Dan put down the lookingglass when he heard someone approach.
“Tell my it isn’t true!” Shouted Khel as she walked up the balcony. Turning around to face her Dan replied with a look of innocence on his face; “What isn’t true?” Letting out a sigh of frustration Khel shouted back at him. “That you drugged the ambassadors of House Sullissin!” Dan smirked; “Okay what ever you want. I didn’t drug them. Happy now?” Khel stared at him in disbelief. “Then tell me, why is Kari saying that you did?” “That is a misunderstanding. I didn’t drug them, Dakka did!” Replied Dan while pointing at the snotling who was hiding at his feet. On hearing of his latest mission it turned towards Khel with a massive grin on his face. “Elfies eat nice mushroompie.” Shaking her head Khel walked away. “You are unbelievable, Dan. And one of these days you are going to get in a shiz loud of trouble with those pranks of you.”
Dan faced back towards the docks picking up his looking class again he stared at one of the ships. “Any minute now those mushrooms are going take effect, right Dakka?” “Yes warboss, elfies will go crazy soon.” replied the snotling while giggling madly.

Khel walked down the stairs and back to her working space. There was still work to do on the cannon before they could join up with the rest of the army. And seeing Dan was to busy with his pranks it would likely be up to her to finish it.
Once again she wondered what she did here. When she took the job everything had seem perfect. Dan, the owner of the workshop, had seem a man who knew what he was doing. He had used his fortune to buy a workshop and he had hired warmachine experts to help him restore the looted cannon. Had she known back then that he had almost as much passion for pranks as he had passion for warmachines, she had never quite her old job. But then again, her old job didn’t have the excellent pay this job had.

“Quite daydreaming Khel!” Shouted Dan as he walked down the stairs. Dan couldn’t resist to grin as he saw Khel’s surprised expression. She had obviously expected him to be up the balcony all afternoon. But he was no fool. The cannon needed to be finished, for House Blackblade wanted to leave tonight and he had to go with them.
“You should have seen those ambassadors dance. It was so funny, one almost fell overboard!” With a grin Dan took up his tools and went to work. “But enough fun for today. We need to finish our boomstick.”
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Not bad but some bits make it seem like they are empire and others like they are Druchii, why do they have a canon for example. Also Dan isnt a particulaly inspiring or Druchii sounding name.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

It's not very druchii. More Ogre-Empire. The Ogre bit with the Boomstick part. And Empire with the cannon and Dan's name part. Though nice idea with khel...Khel being my name in short...Its so great to have admirers!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

But there are also the bits about the nobles sailing off and house Sussuilen which are more Druchii like.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

It could also be dogs of war cannons. I used two (When I didn't have repeater bolt throwers yet) and one managed to dong against a chaos lord's head with a cannonball. It pissed him off, but it was funny.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

First of all thanks for the replies.

Now on to some explaining;

Dan is not a very Druchii name I know but that’s because it is short for Danarh. Same goes for Khel, who is really Khela. And Kari who is really Karian.
This will be all made clear in future fluff.

Now on to the cannon bit. My Druchii army includes a dogs of war cannon. Since I can’t stand empire models in my army I converted them to be elves (I might even post pics of the WIP soon). So that’s why there is a cannon. I called it a boomstick because it suited more with Dan and the others. (as will be shown in future fluff)

Why all this craziness? Because I like to be special. :lol:

Khelmor wrote:Its so great to have admirers!

Unless your character is a girl I can't see why you think that was a compliment. :lol:

WalrusM3 wrote:... and one managed to dong against a chaos lord's head with a cannonball. It pissed him off, but it was funny.

Did that to a skaven engineer and a empire wizard both times my opponent wanted to strangle me, but I had a blast.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

And here is part two. Once again all comments are welcome.

This was going to be a long day reckoned Dan. Yesterday evening they had boarded the “Palace of Eternal Darkness”, House Blackblade’s Black Arc. This was their first day on the open seas and Dan was already bored out of his skull. Lord Blackblade and his generals and advisors were still in council and everyone else on the ship seems to have some job to do.
Dan’s crew wasn’t going to entertain him either. Khel was sleeping because she had worked al night on the cannon and could use the extra rest. And Kari was hanging overboard, puking. Well that had been funny for the first three times, but after the fourth time it started to become rather boring.
Looking down at his feet he stared right at the ever present Dakka. “Go get you brothers will you. We are going to have some fun with the crew.”
“Yes, warboss” shouted Dakka as he ran off.
Dan gazed out over the sea and wondered what he could do to the crew to entertain him. Yesterday he had drugged a few ambassadors, which had been a blast. This morning he had Dakka follow a corsair while imitating his every move. That had been fun too, although the corsair had almost killed Dakka out of frustration.
A voice tore Dan form his thoughts.
“Danarh!”
Looking in the direction of the voice Dan spotted Karan Blackblade, the second in command of the House Blackblade army “Just Dan will be fine, milord.” Karan shook his head. “And just Karan would be nice, Danarh. Why do you want to be called Dan anyway?” Dan grinned; “Rather simple. I don’t want to be confused with Danarh Blackblade. It would bring me in mayor trouble if someone linked my pranks to Lord Blackblade’s personal advisor.” Karan nodded and smiled. “Yeah it would suck if old Danarh was charged with drugging ambassadors now would it?” Dan laughed; “Yes, that would be quite the scandal. But tell me why aren’t you with the other general? Is the council already over?” Karan smirked. “No the council is still bickering over all kinds of small things. I was simply send away, because the old geezers found me to hot-headed for such delicate matters.” Dan laughed. “And you disagree with them on that?” Karan smirk became a grin. “Not at all, not at all. It is just that I had hoped my presence would speed up this whole counselling business, but apparently it is very important that we replan our route twice in order to have the best entrance. Like it actually matters if we go in by route A or by route B.”
The conversation was loudly interrupted by the giggling of three snotlings who ran by, while being chased by a cursing corsair. Shaking his head Karan looked out over the sea. “You know one of these days you are going to get in real trouble with those pranks, Dan.”
“So everyone keeps telling me.” Yelled Dan while he rushed to the mast to get a better view of the chase.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You know I think this is going to be a very good story, I espesily like the snotling thing. Thanks for the clarification on the names, and keep writing!

Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Khelmor wrote:Its so great to have admirers!

Unless your character is a girl I can't see why you think that was a compliment. :lol:

Hey i worship Slaanesh. Who knows what the hell i could be :lol:

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Humoristic DE story. That's exactly what I've been looking for! Nice work Morvai!
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Thanks for all the comments so far.
Here is part three (and yet a few more characters).
ps. In the next one you will get to see the cannon in action.

Yesterday had been fun and surprising. The corsair had far greater stamina then was expected. Dan could not remember how many rounds he had run around the deck, but it had been enough rounds to entertain Dan for the entire afternoon.
Now today was even better then yesterday. Karan was on deck sparring with the other nobles and Dakka and the others had salvaged all kinds of rumble and were hammering away at it like there was no tomorrow.
From the general quarters came an elf walking over to Dan. He was dressed in high quality plain black robes. His hair was dyed pale green and his ice blue eyes scanned the deck. On seeing Dan he walked over to him.
“Morning Dan. Enjoying yourself so far?” Dan smiled. “Morning Danarh. Yeah you could say I’m having fun. Karan’s sparring matches are always nice to watch. It is fun to see an elf with a big cleaver beating all the other stuck-up nobles with there fancy swords.” Danarh grinned. “You can say what you want about Karan’s choice of weapons, but you can’t deny that he knows how to use them.”
Dan pointed towards the general quarters. “Are Morvai and Kuron still deciding on the best course of action?” Danarh shook his head. “Not really. We have decided were to go and what to do there. Now they need to decide who is going to do what. After all we can’t use incompetent people on important places.” Dan nodded, clearly showing that it couldn’t really interest him. “What are those pets of you doing anyway?” asked Danarh suddenly. “I hear them hammering, bickering and generally making a lot of noise but I see nothing happen. Other then greenskins bashing away at metal and wood.” “They are building something.” replied Dan dryly. “This is their way of engineering. The only way to see what it is is when its finished, and even then it is unclear to me from time to time. But whatever it might be its going to be fun. I have yet to see them build something that didn’t made me laugh so I just wait patiently.” Danarh smirked. “Well I don’t have time to wait for that, but I’m pretty sure that I will hear the crew curse it soon enough.” With that he walked of, back towards the general quarters, back to more counselling.

Dan walked towards the mast and climbed in to it to get a better view of Karan’s sparring matches. He had already beaten four opponents without them even having a chance of drawing blood. As Karan’s next opponent stepped up, Karan made a few big arc’s with his exquisite designed cleaver. He charged at his opponent and made 3 quick slashes aimed at the torso of his opponent. The first two were parried but the last one struck home and draw blood. Quickly changing his stance Karan’s opponent took the offensive and released a furry of attacks on Karan. Karan used all the skill he had to side step or parry the blows, but even with his skill one attack still managed to draw blood. The crowd cheered as someone had finally managed to wound Karan, much to the annoyance of Karan.
When the next attack came Karan swept the blade aside with his cleaver and made one strike at the torso. The cleaver ripped straight through the armour and leaved a thin cut on the noble’s chest. Had Karan stepped an inch more forward he had tore out flesh.
Feeling confident that someone had managed to wound Karan a new opponent stepped forward. As soon as the noble had assumed fighting stance Karan was upon him. With a slash at the knees and a backhand stroke at the torso Karan drew blood twice. Staring in disbelief at the cuts the elf slowly walked away. Then next opponent didn’t do much better. Talk in the crowd suggested already that that single wound on Karan was just blind luck. However the next opponent had already started to attack Karan and this time both worked with great weapons. Karan and his cleaver had managed to draw blood once, but he had a hard time using the heavy cleaver against an opponent who used an even heavier weapon. The other elf used his great axe like a shield with ease and was now going for the offence. Karan managed to side step the first blow, the second, but the third hammered strait down at his pauldron cleaving it in two and wounding Karan. Not feeling like being beating in front of a crowd of nobles Karan quickly side stepped and stabbed his opponent in the gut. It was a low thing to do, but Karan had no intention of losing today and was willing to go pretty far. His opponent clamped his hand on his stomach and left the duelling circle, to see a healer.
Having seen that Karan is not unbeatable and knowing that he had to accept defeat if someone managed to draw blood twice, three more nobles stepped forward for a match. All three were beating with two or three quick slashes, while the crowd wondered how Karan managed to fight so well while having a deep cut in his shoulder.
Karan stood waiting for an opponent, but none came. “Is there none else who wants a duel? Come on people, we must train our skills a little, it is war after all.” said Karan with a smirk. Seconds past but none stepped forward. Suddenly a noble stepped forward. “You might have beaten ten men today, but you will not beat eleven.” “We will see about that.” replied Karan with a grin. Karan jumped forward and made 2 quick slashes at his opponent. Who, to everyone’s surprise, didn’t even try to block them. He didn’t need to anyway since both slashed across his armour with out leaving a single mark. Karan’s grin faded. “Meteoric iron.” “Indeed.” replied the noble, while dashing forward and striking Karan of guard. He draw blood and would have drawn blood again if it wasn’t for a small pumpwagon racing over his foot. The crowd had been watching the fight so intense that none had noticed the snotlings finishing their creation and racing for the thick of the fight.
The noble cursed loudly while he hobbed around the deck clamping his foot. Between his curses he ordered his retainers to get the snotlings, and so yesterdays chased started all over new, much to the enjoyment of Dan.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Great style Morvai.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah those snotlings, show a pompus elf why its slightly unfair to ware metoric iron armour in a duel.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Ha that's wonderful story, carry on writing Morvai!

Snotlings are da best!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Love those snotlings. I would love to see a mini snot wagong run over a elfs foot making him hop around cursing. Keep these coming!

Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Now for a new piece and some disappointment (there are no snotling pranks in the following piece. However this one has dieing asur in it and that is almost as good).

Yesterday had started out fun, but had turned into a disaster. It had all been a blast as long as the noble’s retinue had chased the pump wagon. However things had gone sour pretty quickly when the noble had decided to stop the chase and ordered his men to shoot it. Had it not been for Karan and his shades then the noble’s men would have surely shot Dakka and the others.
To restore order Karan had banned Dan and his pets from constructing anything while onboard of the black ark, on penalty of dead.
Angered by all these fun spoilers Dan had gotten really drunk, and ofcourse the splitting headache brought along by the hangover wasn’t to only thing to annoy Dan the next morning. No, the cursed Asur just had to pick this morning to show up. Early in the morning the alarm had sounded and everyone had to report to battle stations. Staggering out of his cabin and on deck Dan had shouted at the first corsair he saw, demanding an explanation for all the commotion. The corsair had explained they had spotted an Asur ship and on command of General Kuron, they had sounded the alarm. And that had been the moment General Kuron had shown up to ruin Dan’s day.

“Dan! Get your crew ready! We need you and your cannon ready on the deck, on the double!” Spook Kuron in a firm voice. “Not so loud General. I have a splitting headache.” Complained Dan. “Besides can’t you just use your Reapers. At least their crew is sober.” “They are still out of reach of the Reapers. Besides, it isn’t my problem that you drink too much, now is it?” Said Kuron. Knowing better then to argue with a elf like Kuron, Dan went below deck to find his crew. He quickly found them. They had already prepared the cannon and were already rolling it to the lift. Dan joined them and soon they were back on deck.
The cannon was rolled towards the starboard side and his crew aligned for the first shot. Dan gazed lazily through the lookingglass. “I would say something around 46 degrees vertical, and add some more black powder will you.” Said Dan while yawning loudly. “I think we have already quite enough black powder.” Said Khel dryly. “Not for what I have in mind.” Said Dan. On seeing Khel frown he quickly explained. “We are going to shoot this baby straight through their mast and if we increase the amount of black powder the cannon will hold enough momentum to smash the captain’s cabin too.” Khel nodded and quickly increased the amount of black powder. Aiming the cannon at the angle Dan had suggested they made ready to fire. As Dan Shouted “Fire!” the cannon was fired with a loud blast. As everyone gazed at the Asur ship they heard a sickening crunch and saw the mast snap and hit the deck. When they gazed at the ship through the looking glass they saw that the mast had been shot and that they captain’s cabin was pierced too, just as Dan had said.
As the crew reloaded the cannon Dan received multiple compliments form the gathered crowd. However they were quickly silenced by Kuron commanding voice. “Alright enough playing. Sink it!”
Turning back to his crew Dan gave his new orders. “96 degrees vertical.” The crew followed his orders and as he gave the command the cannon was fired. The cannon ball was launched high in the air and flew out of sight, swallowed by the clouds.
“Well that sure is a direct hit.” Said the noble in meteoric iron mockingly. Before Dan could answer a loud crunch was heard. The crowd cheered. They had seen the cannonball falling from the sky, straight at the deck of the Asur ship. As the Asur ship sank slowly, Dan turned towards the noble. “A direct hit indeed.”
Dan ordered one more shot, which shot straight through the hull of the Asur ship. As the Asur ship sank rapidly Dan walked back to the stairs, back to his cabin, back to his bed. He was halted by Kuron. “Good shooting. However next time don’t show off and just finish them of in two shots.” Dan sighed. “Yeah, yeah, I know. But I just had to show those stuck up nobles why they need to fear us.” Dan yawned “What was that ship doing here anyway? I know our less intellect kin patrols the Sea of Claws, but we won’t reach that for two days.” Kuron shook his head. “The nobles fear us enough already without you showing of. As for that ship, probably some young prince who thought he knew better then his senior officer.” Dan signed “I could have know you would blame it on the youth. But all that aside. I have a headache and the cannon fire hasn’t improved that, so I’m off to bed.” waving his hand in a semi-salute Dan walked of towards his cabin. Kuron was still saying something but Dan wasn’t listing anymore. He staggered into his room and collapsed on the bed. Cursing softly he said; “I will never drink again.”
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Great story. But their were about 3 spelling or puncuation mistakes. Not saying this is bad or anything, just all your other stories didn't even have 1 mistake. Wow great story, i liked it when Dan stumbled out drunk and he was starting to whinge about him being to drunk. Loved it. Druchii all relaxed about asur ship then they just blast it. You know what else would be great? Snotlings killing asur with a cannon! Wacky, zainy, brilliant! Great stories keep em coming> I guess i orta continue with mine.

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Great, but I just have to ask what calabire was that canon? I mean to topple a mast and still keep going must meen something big like a thirty pounder or so, And I would be very suprised if many ships sunk with only two canonballs in their hulls. Still great, I just hope the snotlings build a tiny canon.

Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

@Khelmor:
Can you point out the mistakes? Then I can edit them.
Most likely there won’t be a snotling cannon, but a snotling jezail might be made. :lol:

@Drainial:
In fluff the cannon counts as a great cannon. I let the ship sunk after only two shots because they were strategically placed. The one that fell from the sky made a hole in the bottom of the ship and the one in the hull was just above the water. That way the ship would make water really fast.
However I mostly let the ship sink in two shots because this is fantasy and there for it is possible. :lol:

Anyway, here is the next part. And I swear this is the last part with out a prank in it.

The last three days had been a bore. Now that they were no longer allowed to build things onboard the quality of the pranks had suffered severe. All they could do now were small pranks like throwing pies in people faces and places dead fish in cabins. Sure it had been fun the first time, but after three days Dan had became fed up with it. The snotlings didn’t seem to mind though, for them it stayed funny. The over use of mushrooms might have something to do with it thought Dan.
Dan was woken from his depressing thoughts by the firm voice of Kuron. “Get below deck and prepare the cannon. We have spotted a ship on the horizon.” Dan sighed. “Can I not wait until you have determent if it are friends or foes?” “No you can’t! We need to have the cannon ready to fire as soon as we find out under which colours they sail.” replied Kuron “So get going!” With a heavy sigh Dan walked of towards the stairs.

Below his assistants had already readied the cannon for battle and were now pushing it towards the lift. Dan was grateful that they had once again prepared everything before he had arrived, although he started to wonder how they knew that would have to prepare before he gave the orders. Maybe house Blackblade wasn’t taking him serious as a team leader. Dan grinned. He couldn’t blame them. He had not exactly shown his best qualities since he came aboard.
The hatch to the deck opened and a corsairs face appeared above it. “We won’t need that today. It is the Ark of house Doomblade.” explained the corsair. Dan rolled his eyes and stepped of the lift. He walked back to the stairs and back on deck.
He looked out over the water in the hope of finding something to do. As he turned to overlook the deck he saw Kari walking up to him. She smiled her typical warm smile at him, and once again Dan wondered how rare that was, a warm smile from a Druchii. “What’s with the sad face?” she asked him. “I’m not allowed to build onboard of the Ark anymore.” he explained. “That’s why you have been so grumpy lately? Because you may not build? I really don’t see why that should be that big of a problem.” Said Kari as she hung on the railing, looking out over the sea at the approaching Ark. “Isn’t it obvious!” spat Dan “If I can’t build I can’t prank people. If I can’t prank people I can’t relax.” “You didn’t let me finish.” she said while taking something out of her pocket and placing it in his hand. “I don’t see why that should be a problem, if you have people that can build for you.” Dan looked in his hand and saw the Cathayan firecrackers. He smiled back at her. “I hadn’t thought about that yet.” “But I did.” said Kari with a smile. “Now go get those pets of you and cause mischief. This ship has been quite for to long already.” Dan thanked her and ran of laughing. Her timing had been excellent. The Black Ark of house Doomblade was approaching and it wouldn’t be right if he didn’t scare the shiz out of their messenger. Hurrying below deck he began to look for Dakka.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Nice story, a warm smile from a druchii very nice touch. Keep em coming

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

That prankster is going to start a war one of these days, I love this story.

Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:That prankster is going to start a war one of these days, I love this story.

It might indeed come down to that one day. Better write that he bought a fast horse soon for he is going to need it in the future. :lol:
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

In a while, he'll need more than a fast horse to get away from trouble ;)

Really like the stories too, a nice humoristic touch to them. Keep 'em coming :P!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Considering that they are on a ship a fast boat might be more apropriate.

Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

To explain a couple of the events that will happen in the future and for your entertainment, here is a small story from Morvai’s point of view.

Danarh walked into the private chambers of Morvai. He felt uncomfortable. Normally all business was discussed in the council room. Why did he suddenly have to come here.
From a dark corner came Morvai’s raspy voice. “We have a problem.” Danarh was just about to ask what that problem was when his lord stepped out of the darkness and into the green light of the witchfires. Danarh gasped for air as his eyes fell on the spiked bone that grew out of Morvai’s shoulder. As he took a close look at his lord he saw that large chunks of Morvai’s flesh were turning black with corruption.
Regaining his composure Danarh asked; “How fast is it spreading?” “To fast!” Said Morvai as he put on his robes. “Within a few days the corruption will spread over my entire body and before this week is over my body will mutate to resemble my true form.” Danarh shook his head. “So the plan of doing the ritual in Mandredsfeld isn’t going to be soon enough.” Morvai sighed. “The body won’t be burned up before we reach it, but it won’t resemble anything elven by the time we get there. And without my disguise the other lords aren’t going to help us and we will be upon the heretic list before you can say; Darkwater.” Danarh moved over to a table were a map of the empire lay. He looked at it for a while and then turned back to Morvai. “I think I have a solution.” Morvai walked to the table and looked at the map. “Here around the coast of Marienburg lays a place called the Cursed Marches. In that place we might be able to cover up the massive amount of Dhar that is required for the ritual.” Explained Danarh. “But will we be able to generate enough Dhar?” wondered Morvai out loud. Danarh smiled. “I still have some contacts in Marienburg that will be able to help with that. Besides, with me, Dalakoi, Sariour and Kuron we should have enough sorcerous power already. It’s not like you can’t hold the gate on your own, now is it?” “That might all be true, but I rather have an easy access. It leaves me with more control of the body.” replied Morvai. “Speaking of a body. Do you have an acolyte ready? For with our current plans it wouldn’t be smart to try a forced possession.” Danarh grinned. “Don’t worry. I have atleast a dozen acolytes onboard who will gladly sacrifice their soul for you.” Morvai smiled. “Send the one of your choice to me. It is important that he knows my true identity before the possession. Sudden confrontment might scare him on the moment of truth, and we can’t have that.” “I will send him tomorrow. Now let’s get the masquerade going again. The messenger of house Doomblade arrives soon and we can’t let them see you like this.” Said Danarh with a smirk.