Howling Heights orders week Two and Three

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Howling Heights orders week Two and Three

Post by Morvai »

We need to have consistency so I would like everyone to include the following bullet-point summery in their battle-reports.

Week two, Thursday till Saturday:
• Having learned of the location of their cursed kin, the Druchii set out in a full scale attack of the Temple of the Fallen.
• The combined forces of the Highborns and the sudden attack grant the Druchii a advantage in the battle. Using their advantage to the maximum, the Druchii slowly push the gathered High Elven forces back towards the Temple.

Week two and three, Sunday till Saturday:
• As Shade forces under command of Mengil Manhide himself take out the High Elven warmachines, rank after rank of Dark Elf Warriors march at the High Elven army.
As Dark Riders set up for their final flank charge, Reaper Bolt Throwers release volley after volley upon the High Elven ranks.
And as Highborns and their Cold One Knight retinues lower their lances for a final charge, the gathered High Elven army sees its death dawning.
• The final charge of the Dark Elves is underway and although every High Elf will drag down as many Dark Elves as he can before he dies, they know that the Temple of the Fallen is lost to their Dark Kin.

What else you write is entirely up to you.

If you have suggestions for what else we should focus on or you have found a spelling error in my text, feel free to post it here.
Last edited by Morvai on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Looks good, but i dislike the part with the Witch Elves though i cannot come up with something else
Andreas
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

You dislike that? Strange, I absulotely loved that. And it wasn’t even my idea.
The idea was created on the Chaos Dwarf forum by some brainstorming of me and it’s members.

However if more people dislike it, please let me know quick. For now we still have time to come up with a better idea.
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

It's not bad but not good either....
However it could stay as it is.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Well, to me the idea of Witch Elves hiding in a unit of stunties sounds quite far-fetched. Had it been hiding with orcs or something, something sufficiently big, it'd have thought it was a decent idea. But dwarves, neh.. Perhaps like, keeping them occupied so they do not notice the witch elves charging in, but not hiding amongst them.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

The hiding behind stunties is a bit far fetched, but it was the coolest idea we could come up with.
We wanted something to drive the asur back quickly. So we had to do something that would case a slaughter, but it also had to be something that wouldn’t ruin our numbers for we had to siege them afterwards.
We came up with the immortal idea. Immortals have stone armour, you can literally shoot a gun at it from point blank range and nothing will happen. Besides they were made by Gav Thorpe.
So if we marched immortals at the high elves nothing they have could stop their advance. To get the max amount of slaughter we wanted we used witch elves.
To get past the difficulty of witch elves hiding behind stunties we used the black smoke trick.
But I have to admit, at the end it got a bit fishy.
However we needed something cool so I sticked with it.

Now after this little rant I would like to know if you have any cool idea to get max slaughter with minimum loss?

Remember we still have 3 days to get something better.
Also I would like the Chaos Dwarfs in it. For fluff recognition.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Well the immortals are a good idea, no doubt about that. But the witch elves inside them is a bit odd, I couldn't see them bending low and all to avoid being seen. Perhaps executioners or something could do it, they've got the discipline needed. Uhm.. How about like, having the immortals march up, lock 'em in combat and then drive over there with a few chariots? Seeing how they can take a gunshot at point-blank range, you wouldn't have to be too careful who you ran over really.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I don’t think the Chaos Dwarfs will appreciate it when we run there finest fighters over with a chariot? I also have my doubts about the carnage the executioners can wreck.
I had been thinking about assassins, but if we used them we had no use for the immortals anymore.

Any other ideas. Brainstorming is the key to good stuff.

I also still tempted to do something with poison, but I don’t know what.
Last edited by Morvai on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Well, let's not run over their finest troops then. Let's just have 'em keep the enemy in combat and standing still so the chariots can bring them down.

Perhaps the executioners can't cause enough carnage, but the witch elves would probably have problems staying hidding and moving forward slowly instead of just charging up shouting, methinks.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

There will never be enough immortals to keep an entire force busy. We need something quick and surprising.

How about shades inside the immortals. With something like poison globes. We can make a deadly poison and protect ourselves with chaos dwarf designed gasmasks. How does that sound?
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Sounds like we're a bad version of skaven really :p Not being able to make it all for ourselves.

Ok, out of ideas in that case. How about just mentioning that we are helped by the chaos dwarves?
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Just mentioning chaos dwarfs seems a bit dull. I wanted something flashy. :lol:

I just got another idea though. How about we make the conquering of the temple a one man show. We just take it our self. We still use the vampires on the end. We get them to mention us and we make a new deal with the chaos dwarfs.

We need to have something to do after the temple, and GW wants us to raid. So how about we do what they want, with a twist. We say we met the chaos dwarfs as they were enslaving in juttersdorf, while we were just planning on enslaving the people there ourselves. We send a messenger and realizes the similarities between our races. Knowing the pride of both races we turn enslaving in a competition. Who ever has captured the most slaves at the end of the campaign gets bragging rights in being the best enslaver (we can make bets later).
We approaches the Empire and brettonian players for fluff recognition.
That way all will be happy. We did something interesting and showed GW that we are still here and still deserve attention. The Chaos dwarfs get there names mentioned. The empire gets there forces mentioned, same goes for the brets. And, GW will be happy for we did what they wanted us to do.

How does that sound?
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I LOVE the idea of a slave-catching competition! It's brilliant! And uhm, surely we can cheat if we really need to in the end?
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

excellent idea. enslaving competition be it.

Oh, tomorrow I will have a battle with some brets - would be good to decrease some knights to a level below that of peasants...
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

Not that I'm in the campaign, but why not Corsairs or the Black Sea Dragons from Jeff Leong and Langmann's Slaver Raid List? It would be perfectly fluffy to have such an elite group of raiders (in reference to the Black Sea Dragons) involved in this expedition. In addition, with black smoke going up, we could easily drag an RBT or two behind the stunties, and then hide Shades and Corsairs inside. Cold One Knights or Harpies sitting over a hill waiting for the signal to attack.

Just my 2 cents.

(For those who aren't familiar with the Black Sea Dragons, they're Corsairs that match Witch Elves in combat - WS 5, 2 attacks base, with armor instead of poison)
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

We are going to conquer the Temple on our own. We outnumber the High Elves in the Howling Heights, we are higher ranked then them and they still focus on Mandredsfeld. So we can win this on our own.
I will write up new week orders when I come home tonight. I edit a part already, but the rest of the week needs new stuff.
When I finished that, I will write up something for the coming weeks (our little game with the chaos dwarfs) and we can debate that. I will also contact them about it to make sure they also like the idea. I maybe even contact the empire guys the get some more fluff recognition.

ps. Cerulaetas, do you have a link towards those corsair thingies?
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

My best idea would be something about sacrificing captured High Elves or something like that. The point being enraging the High Elves so that we could drive them against a wall of steady Chaos Dwarfs and then unleashing our own force(or just Witch Elves or some other killy troop type) and slaughtering them.

What i dislike about the original plan is that I find it silly that Witch Elves should be able to slaughter the Asur just because they manage to get into contact.
Andreas
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Alright everyone,
The new orders are up. Tell me what you think of them!
Anything you dislike? Anything you had done different?
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Well it's less flashy than the former, but I don't know much about how flashy it should be for GW to like it. It works fine if we just wants to write about eradicating the High Elves at the temple.

What could we write when we fight other races?

I've given this part a little spell/grammar check:

And as Highborns and their Cold One Knight retinues lower their lances for a final charge, the gathered High Elven army sees its death dawning.
• The final charge of the Dark Elves is underway and although every High Elf will drag down as many Dark Elves as he can before he dies, they know that the Temple of the Fallen is lost to their Dark Kin.
Last edited by Soupman on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andreas
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I think it should be "... High Elven army sees..." wouldn't it? The army, it, should be sees, no? The gathered High Elves on the other hand would see, wouldn't they?

The orders seem fine. I've been saying something like, being off clearing the area around the Temple of the Fallen from enemies and guard the rear of the assembled druchii army when fighting other races. Haven't had a shot at killing asur yet, sadly.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

It certainly should, my bad.
Andreas
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Other than minor grammatical mistakes (:p), how's the campaign coming along for everybody else? Myself I'm doing quite good so far, though I've only played against close mates so far. Actually painted a bit too, which is quite unlike me. Converted dark riders is up currently.

How about you all?
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Well i have only played two battles against a wood elf opponent and won both, one was a solid victory and the other was registrered as a draw.

In the draw game we played the old ambush scenario and i won by 5 points (not counting units that i chased of the board, because my opponents insisted that units chased off the board didn't count) But well my opponent kinda whined about losing because of 5 points, so i was kind and called it a draw.

I'll start playing lots of games soon, and I think I can win most of them.
Andreas
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I edited the orders, grammar should be fine now.

As far as fighting others goes. Every time I fight an army other then High Elves I just write that they were coming to close to the temple. So my army breaks with the main army to make sure none disturbs our fight with the Asur.

As how I’m doing so far. Not bad, not bad at all.
I won a few, had a few draws and even lost one time. However I need to find some time to report my battles. For I still have a minor victory and a draw lying around here.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Oh bugger, played woodies twice today. One battle i got massacred in one battle(was looking good until..) the other was a draw(I was looking at at least solid victory until..). Both were decided by me rolling snake eyes for my generals +2/3 armour safe. Oh well
Andreas