Winged Daemonettes as Furies

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Winged Daemonettes as Furies

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Hi All,

Basically I'm looking for one of two things: A guide that tells me what wings Scott used on his winged daemonettes (GW says Fell Bats, but they're one piece and I don't see how), or a suggestion for what wings people think will fit. Fury wings, maybe?

This is part of a Daemonic Slaanesh army, with lots of neat conversions planned (Exalted Daemon based off Deceiver, Chosen Knights made from the Slaaneshi Lord on Boobworm model mounted on a Brettonian steed)
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Im not too sure about the Furies but with the KoC that you have planed, instead of using the entire model of the lord you should take parts from him and add them to the existing knights. I would recommend using the head on them as this will unify the group without them all looking like lords on steeds.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

Hello Mr. Pigeon:

They are indeed fell bat wings which are indeed one piece.

You need to cut out the middle (furry) section of the wings and reshape the bottom edge of each wing a bit to get them to fit on the daemonette's backs. (which need to have the tentacles ground away to make the wings fit)

Add back tentacles with greenstuff to cover up joins.

I wouldn't recommend it without a dremel moto tool (or similar)

I'll dredge up some photos and post a link when I find some. (I've had to rebuild my gallery recently and I don't have any of the harpy/furies handy)
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Thank you very much, Lion. I wasn't sure how much you still frequented the forum- you have a very beautiful DE army, and I hope you don't mind me borrowing your ideas too much :)

I'm currently in the process of making a Slaanesh Daemon army that can be added to my DE to make a cult army.

I'll look at getting a dremel, I've been meaning to for quite some time now.

Let me know if you get some piccies up :)

Thanks again for the reply!
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Use a good old pin vice to put those wings on, it is reliable, dremels are inaccurate and not very easy to work with...or maybe that is just because I have small girly hands and wrists....
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Prince of Arnheim wrote:Use a good old pin vice to put those wings on, it is reliable, dremels are inaccurate and not very easy to work with...or maybe that is just because I have small girly hands and wrists....

Dremels can be used to drill holes for pins, but I was referring to its use as an aid in grinding away unwanted metal and shaping large expanses of metal. Trying to hack away at a unit's worth of metal parts gets tiring without motorized assistance.

...and if you are careful (I have pretty wispy hands and wrists myself...all the better for control and fine detail work, I would say :D ) you can drill perfect pin holes with a moto tool. I drill metal spear shafts with mine using an 0.016" bit.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

I understood that you meant for grinding away unwanted metal areas... I decided I'd get one when I was converting my Necromunda gang using only a file and a modeling scalpel :roll:
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

just a suggestion but it might be a nice touch to obtain some feather based wings to create an angelic feel. i tried this when converting up a daemon prince for 40k and i found it had quite a nice juxtaposition with the whole daemonic feel. just thought i might throw it out there to keep creative juices flowing.
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

almundis wrote:just a suggestion but it might be a nice touch to obtain some feather based wings to create an angelic feel. i tried this when converting up a daemon prince for 40k and i found it had quite a nice juxtaposition with the whole daemonic feel. just thought i might throw it out there to keep creative juices flowing.

Funny you mention this, I was going to wait til I started making it, but my exalted daemon will be made from the Deceiver body and arms, pegasus wings, slaanesh champ on boobworm head and a bit of green stuff/scratch built stuff to make a whip, spartan styled shield and pauldrons and leg guards.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Yo Mr. Pigeon:

Here's some old Furie wings on Ebay that might be of use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Chaos-Fur ... dZViewItem
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

that exalted sounds like a nice conversion, and just incase you want to make some marauders that are in keeping i can give you a relatively simple conversion for some sparten-style marauders if you wanted some
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
10gc

Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Cheers Lion.

I wish I'd checked this thread in time, but no matter. I think I will try and have a look at some fellbats this weekend and think about using them. If not, I'll order some Fury wings next time I do a UK Bits order (just did one the other day for 5 Aspiring Champion of Slaanesh on Boobworm Riders).

Just an update:

The Daemon parts are ordered and will hopefully be here next week :)

I have ordered the backpack from the 40k Slaaneshi Lord (All the Organ Tubes) to use as my musicians instrument for my chosen. I figured drums weren't very slaaneshi (pleasures of the senses are hardly stretched when listening to a toneless instrument, but the armour of the knight prevents the use of anything tuned... but the idea of a daemonically powered organ strapped to his back seemed cool). My standard will simply be represented by the backbanner (the others won't have them), and I plan on replacing my Champions halberd with a Flayed one hand (I know its been done a lot, but I think it looks cool).

What does everyone think?
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Here are pics of my Harpies that I used Daemonettes with Fury wings. Works really well, and isn't hard at all. File off the Daemonette hair, pin the wings on and Green Stuff hair back over the top.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF0235.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF0233.jpg

The painting in these pics isn't finished but you can still see the conversion.

Sean
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Doh- anyone know if you can add something to a UK mail order by phone? lol... I want 6 Fury Wings, doh, but I did my order last night.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

your best bet would ask your local store to do it for you
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Hmm- yeh, I emailed them but no reply... ah well. Looks like I wait until my next order.
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

or if you have any friends about to do orders you could just stick it on theirs?
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc

Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

I'll let no one speak bad of the great guys at UK Mail Order. I got an email back the other day saying that if I gave them a call they'd do a second order for me postage free! So now I have the wings and some necromunda models I needed on their way to me :)

Woot!

I'll keep you guys updated on the project, as I will be documenting the entire process :)
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

please supply pictures as i am thinking of putting some furies in my CoS army and i like your idea. which means im going to steal it and repackage it as my own ^^
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
10gc