The Barren Hills (UK)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Sorry about that Kaihlik, I've been rather bogged down with my internship currently, I'll write some up asap to make life easier
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

This is now up on Warvault, Asur.com and the Empire website. A treaty between the Empire and the Asur posted by Giladis.

Following negotiations the representatives of the Asur (Aquila and I) and of the Empire ( Veldemere and Wissenlander ) have come to this agreement that will in our combined opinion benefit our nations.

1) We will mention in our reports as much as possibile the Hunters of Sigmar knightly order. In return Empire players will mention us clearing the wilds from evil creatures.

2) Mutual mentioning of joint naval actions to clear the waterways of unwelcomed guests.

3) Establishment of liasons between our two nations to ease comunication and prevent future blunders. Both Asur and Keigh-mon will be magic practicioners.

4) Co-ordination and discussion following the discovery of the crown.

5) Help the people of the Empire that have suffered from Druchii raids in this manner: following the battles with Druchii or or even just by mentioining it in other reports you should report that we have taken Druchii prisoners and sold them on the Arabian slave market in Marienburgh as the greatest form of humiliation. From the profit we shall make out of it we will donate 10% to the humans slighted by our evil kin. Empire players will mention this as well.

6) One day in each week for the rest of the campaign we may call the Empire or Empire may call on us to help them in achieving daily background goal such as Battle of Beligos Hill or Meeting of the Winds.

7) Admiral Giladis personaly has sent a hundred Sea Guard along with a Mage to assist the Empire UK commander against evils that beset the Empire. In return Empire forces in the region will place any piace of wyrdstone/warpstone they find in specialy made boxes wich we shall suply to them. Also we have agreed to teach their experts about the dangers of this supstance. The reason for this gathering is to slowly start clearing the region of Barren Hills as well as the rest of the forest of its taint.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I have not been on a computer for a couple of days and I return to find that several of our members are distincly wavering in their loyalty to the cause, I will simply say this. I would rather a single mention of an interesting storyline that is of our own divising than a dozen telling everyone that we have been doing a spot of raiding. No one cares if the druchii steel a few children, attempting to set up a new city will make people sit up and notise, they might take the time to read it properly and find out more because it is and interesting storyline.

And lordAnubis, for some one taking the name of so tenacious a god your resolve seems sadly lacking.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Drainial, please don't start this up again. Everything that needs to be said has already been said.

And I have been unhappy with elements of this story for some time. I would have preferred the earlier idea of rebels against loyalists. But so it goes. But do not question my resolve.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

How dare you forget what these slaves our for Drainial Shadowheart, have you forgotten the true purpose we have been fighting? These slaves are the currency of Naggaroth and as such they will help fund our next and great conquest of Ulthaun. The only reason I have heard taking these ruins is to humilate our weaker selves and maybe kill them.

And even if we enslave prisoners of wars, do you think fighting Asur will give their lives to our clutches, they'd rather our blades. If we enslave innocent human civilians, less fighting and more surrendering and also less of us dying.

Tor Thana I see as pointless, if we do fortify ourselves and make it ours, it'll be on human territory and it's still former Asur ruins and we'll be in the forest filled with beast men and I don't think they'll be happy. I'd rather the Asur fight what ever is left in those ruins.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

Tor Thana I see as pointless, if we do fortify ourselves and make it ours, it'll be on human territory and it's still former Asur ruins and we'll be in the forest filled with beast men and I don't think they'll be happy. I'd rather the Asur fight what ever is left in those ruins.

Yes Tor Thana is a losing battle. The enemy there are soimply too strong. I wouldn't want to see my druchii forces crushing against the tides of Asrai or Bretonnians!
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Hey well since noone can forge a simple plan for the masses and we all seem to be split I think we should just do our own thing. As a loyalist ill be following LordAnubis so will be rainding and pillaging in Egondorf for the Witch king... to arms!

** Juat massacred a high elf army 3000 pts defending an empire village at Egondorf **
Sa'an'ishar
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

May i say bravo you two, for continuing to follow Malekith, and thankyou on your wise decisions. For I do believe as already seen and thought out the results or Tor thana, after all he does really mind treachery and perhaps rebelion, but not 'incompetant' ones, I don't mean to be rude but that's the point you have not thought out or forseen the results, either way the things your trying to do is humilate our weaker cousins (Which is pointless seeing as we're trying to destroy them, which again I don't mean to be rude) and trying to keep the stupid place (Sorry once again I don't mean to be rude, but you are just trying to sit in a castle that will meet your demise eventually)

And also many credits for Lord Anubis for seeing through this as well. Many credits to Dark spear for realising that we'd be humilated for if we lost the battle against the Asur and Bretonnians and many credits to Steveb for the good idea and the good battle!
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

What the Hell is going on. We were fifth on the leaderboard but are 12th in the dispatches. I know there are other factors involved in the scoring sytem but how can almost everyone else jump above us in the scoring system on bonuses. Should we not bother to play any games because they seam to not count for anything.

Sorry for ranting I just needed to get that off my chest.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I know what you mean. We were more than fifth that's for sure and look at us. We are doing so horrible that it looks like our victories are pointless. Weither or not there was some kind of mistake from GW, they shouldn't just throw us around as though they think they can do what ever they like with us.

Like is anybody going to complain because it's like Games workshop wants us to lose wanting to make their own ideas, regardless of our efforts. It can't be too late to force them to put us where we truelly belong and have earned!
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

To be completely honest this is annoying the hell out of me, no matter how well we seem to be doing in each week we've ended up in the 11-12 bracket EVERY time without fail. The divisions that split us the other week have not helped this in the slightest, even considering that most of those who split have lost more games than won.

(ranting over)

For this reason I'm gonna throw in the towel to this shambles and focus purely on the local in-store Mighty Empires version of the campaign, as I know that it isn't biased at the very least.
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Well I got this reply after my angry complaint. (Yes angry I was mad at the time). The next day anyway and here's what I've got.

Part of that job is trying to limit the amount of false reports, fixing
errors, and stopping blatant cheating. I can say that there were a number of
battles by Dark Elf Generals that had to be disabled because they were
falsely reported and this may very well have affected the standings. These
battles were investigated, the opponents were contacted and unfortunately
enough proof was brought to bear that some people were registering games
against opponents that never took place.

I understand your enthusiasm for wanting the Dark Elves to kick butt and
draw enough blood to satisfy Khaine. We are doing our best to keep all
reporting honest and reflect a more accurate set of standings.

Surely giving up is not he Dark Elf way, and I rather hope this is a mere
ploy by those on Druchii.net to lure the other races into a false sense of
security before a rather bloody ambush to take back their rightful place at
#1.

I'm not sure what you all think of this, but I got this in a mere day, so it means that you can all get a go at complaining. Surely if we all complain and nag to GW, something will be down for it we just sit here and let them get away with this, thinking they're doing that good a job of the campaign, while we don't think so, let them know and hopefully something profitable will work.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

well im not going to give up just yet.

Fact being that next week im off and plan to play as many games over the weekend as I can and then report them all!! I rarly lose against my mate but we do have alot of draws but we will see.

I just want to see 1 week where we are top so thats my aim.

I dont see the point in complaining they won't do anything about it seriously...
Sa'an'ishar
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

I believe one reason why we r doing so badly is because we have only secured 1 battlefield. I truly believe overall performance is determined by number of battlefields controlled and not by number of games wins (you can win a 1000000 games but ifs its all in a single battlefield and u lose the other 8 its too bad). If helps us not when barren hills is one of the battlefields that we consistently do badly in
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

You are not far off. Look at the FAQ for the scoring system. I still think it is stupid that we drop so far though.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Its a story based campaign so victory is determined not soly by how many battles are won and by how much but by who against who when and where.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

O.k I think the Dark elves in the nemesis crown are as dead as these forums are quite...

I cant believe the position the Dark elves are in looking at last week im sure we were not at the bottom where we seem to be now....

Every day we seem to be mid table when I check then at end of day or week were bottom???

So im giving up the only way I can see it is if GW are saying people are cheating when they are not?

I do hope they have a survey at the end of this so we can voice our opinions..

Edit: O.k just had a little read through the latest dark elf report and I can't see one line refering to us?? Am I missing it? or have GW just completly ignored us this week?
Sa'an'ishar
Sice
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sice »

You know when you get that feeling that something just doesn't make sense? Well I've got that right now. Everything seems as if we should be at least middle of the rank but its all red.

And yes we didn't even get a mention in the last report, I think it left out chaos as well as a few others. All I can do now is hope that the orc players go savage in the last week and rip up the ladder a bit. I hate it when the good guys win >.>
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Nope not one mention this week, its getting fairly anoying.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

If we can't get the city then the asur sure as h*ll aren't. In a recent battle my army captured a casket of souls. Now if we broke this casket it would flood the city with vengeful souls kiliing everyone within. Any comments?
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

You can try but GW will just ignore you.

Even if every druchii player said we did that they still wouldn't publish it if anything they would probably twist it around and say the spirits hunted the Druchii as they had desercrated their sacred artifact of some other rubbish....
Sa'an'ishar
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Well it seems like we have staged a turn around this week, so far anyway. I will probably report a victory tonight.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak