Ronin's Tale part 5

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Saint of m
Highborn

Ronin's Tale part 5

Post by Saint of m »

Ronin walked towards his tent, carrying Sevril Relik bound on his shoulders. Sepacuna followed, poking the assassin with a stick. She claimed it was to see if he was still alive, but the boy knew better.

"I have a question though. If he's not dead, why dose he smell like cold one feces?"

"Because when the Shades pulled him out , he landed in Flower's little present."

"Two things: Give the creature a less insulting name, and that pile was not so little!"

"One, it's my mother's name; two, that's little for a creature her size, suffering from a bad case of constipation for the last three days."

"We're here." Said Sepacuna, opening Ronin's tent flap for him.

The now consciouses Relik began groaning, and mumbling. The boy pulled gag out of the assassin's face so he understand him. "Would you mind untying me?"

"Promise not to kill her?"

"No."

"Fair enough." he said entering the tent. He placed the assassin in his chair at the far end of the general's table. The young warrior cut his bindings, and took his seat near the tent's entrance. Sepacuna simply stood in the corner.

"Ok, can you undo the Lamehk's Dominion spell now?"

"Promise not to kill me?" asked the sorceress in a bratty tone.

"You didn't have to throw me that hard!"

"Oh, you're just being a wimp about it."

"You threw me through nine tents, 15 crates, a box full of Drannarch bolts, and finally in tree with a pissed off rabid squirrel in it!"

"You didn't need to grope my breast."

"I did not!" he exclaimed. "Just the nerve above it. to loosen you up."

"You didn't pay much attention in autotomy class, did you?"

"What difference dose it make if I payed attention to that old geezer?"

"The difference between the one that offsets a women's innate ability to kill with their bare hands and the desired result you were looking for!"

"You mean I touched that thing when it was in a different area! Damn. Your right. You are truly are right."

"About..."

"If I did pay attention to my teacher, I wouldn't have needed to decontaminate my hand now."

"I don't know what to kill you for: placing your hand in that area, or being utterly disgusted by it."

"Hay, hay, shut up. We can deal with this at a latter time." ordered Ronin, slamming a gauntlet into the table. "Both of you are over a hundred years older then me. Would it kill you to act your age? Besides we have company."

Ronin's three field commanders walked in. The first was a grizzled veteran of a dozen battles. The Lordling of the Red Dragon Spear unit was of average hight, clad in a aged iron suit of armor. From the fine decor on his sword's sheath, and the somewhat expensive garment peaking through the chain mail, Ronin guessed he might have been one of the lesser nobility. If he wasn't, he would have applied to some other unit. The boy also thought that if the man spent half as much time on his face, or shining his breastplate on his swordsmanship, he would be a greater swordsmen then Tyrion and Shadowblade combined!

The second was a thin female warrior with some well muscular arms. Ronin often teased her about that she needed to eat something, that her figure was well secured. But this was when she was far away from he trusty repeater-crossbow. Unlike the first Lordling, she earned her rank in the Blue Serpent crossbow team. With no surviving family, and no one left to welcome her home, she stayed on the battlefield for as long as possible. They say she never takes her helmet off to hide a terrible scar on her face, but there only a handful of people that knew weather or not this was true.

The last member was Bloodshade. he stood tall and erect. A minimalist, who wore a camouflaged cloak; a lightweight repeater crossbow, and a dagger. His tunic was in desperet need of a good wash, but there was no place and no time for it out here.

"I have to apologize for the assassin's behavior. I informed him of the current situation, and he dashed off to find you. may I ask why he's..."

Ronin and Sepacuna looked at each other, then at the blood shade. Both responded with a definite "no."

"Enough of this." Said the first Lordling. "The Dwarves were rained out last night. That monsoon flooded the lower region of the valley; namely the area the stunted folk were encamped. Unfortunately, not many drowned, but we do have good news."

"If it isn't on the lines of 'They can't use their black powder weapons,' I don't want to here it!"

"Well then, if you want to be that way," began the sly crossbow-woman. "It doesn't. They lost all of their shooting capabilities!"

"That got my interest."

"Their war machines were either destroyed, or got stuck in the mud. All of their black powder was either washed away by the flood, or used to destroy anything usably by us or any rat man that got out of their holes. Same story with the quarrelers. Anyone that didn't loose their quivers, are now heading back, protecting their rear."

"Well, that's the good news. And the bad news?"

There was a dead silence. "The Skaven were also hit hard...just not as hard as we'd like!" said the Shade in a hush voice. "Clan Pestilence lost the vast majority of it's forces, but there is still a good number of Clan Rats and Storm Vermin heading this way. Not to mention the main fighting force of that puny family..."

"Plague Monks. Are there any Censer bearers?"

"You've studied the enemy. Too bad you waisted your time on such a pitiful race." scoffed the spearman.

"You call every race we fight against pitiful. But when you loose against a good half of the possible lesser beings out there, you must make you...what's the word? Oh yes: an Asur shithead!"

The Lordling would have jumped across the table to rip the boys throat out, but a 2000 pond animal pounced on him. With out any command, or warning, Ronin's Cold One had tackled the commander to the ground, pinning him there with her foot. Like all cold ones, both feet had one exceptionally large claw was used for ripping the throat of large pray. This same exact claw was only an inch away from peirceing the man's throat. "Easy girl. I don't want him dead, yet." Ronin told it in a gental voice. With a hand gesture from her master, flower got off the would be prey. "Now, do they have Censer bearers, or do they not?"

"Yes, my lord. But what mattereth this nonsense?"

"Simple Derrelictose: Those censers are filled with a noxious gas that induces pain, madness, panic, fear, and death. Do I make my self clear? And even if they don't have them, the monks are religiouse zealots that won't know they are dead till they get chopped up into Cold One chow! By the time that happens, they have already treated their foe in kind. And frankly, we don't have the man power to deal with that."

"So, we die here." said the lesser noble, pulling himself back on his feet.

"Why do you think we're here, you idiot. Sepacuna is a failed Sorceress, Relik is hot headed and immature, I'm an Asure, Kell'ella is a commoner, and you're the sixth son of a country nobleman! The only people here that are worth something to the eyes of our superiors are Clay'Morcuse and his Shades! So is there any other good news?" Said the now very tense general.

"Take a look out side, kid." said the assassin. "I think Khaine might have some blessings instore for you."

Ronin got up, and did just that. suddenly, five creatures tackled him to the ground. They were Harpies: Harbingers of death and destruction, feeding upon the weak and defenseless. Their female bodies were lithe, feral, strong, and sensuous. But their good looks was also coupled with their claws, fangs, and leathery bat wings on their beautiful bodies. Everyone was inshock of their arrival, and what they were doing to the boy. Every instance they have seen a harpey, it was of them ripping someone's face off. But now, in this tent, the five beasts simply licked the boy to death.

"Well, if it isn't the little girl I saved from my first trip in Nargarond. I guess you were the guardian angel protecting me, hay? And I see you have sisters!" Said the boy, trying to keep a strait face.

"How is this possible?" exclaimed Clay'Morcus. "How can he tame the untamable? Even Beast Lord Rakarth of Karond Kar nearly had his hand bitten off by one of these things! And that was after a year of pacifying it!"

"That's his gift." said Sepacuna. "He sees them as equals. He doesn't tame them; his pets tame him!"

"Oh, so the slave speaks?" scoffed Derrelictose. "What gives you the right to speak freely with us, like a true Druchii?"

Ronin Quickly grabbed his crossbow, and fired a single bolt at his Lordling. The bolt grazed his cheek. Before he could do anything, Kell'ella, and Clay'morcus pointed their weapons of choice at the noble. It didn't take long before he got the idea. "She is to be treated as an equal. She was sent here to be my adviser, so my adviser she will be. After all, it's not everyday we get a Sorceress who has had the privlige of read ingMalekith's strategy books. With his Permission I might add." That last comment kept everyone silent. "So, what are our options?"

"We have procured some bolt throwers, and we are prepared to use them. How ever, we will be outnumbered quite a bit. I sagest we have hold our battle here!" The Blood shade threw his dagger at a spot on a map. "It's along a trading rout, and the easiest way in and out. There is a hill that over looks the whole battlefield where my dagger is. We'll place the Bolt throwers on the top portion of it, while the crossbowmen take their position in front of it.

Over here, my shades and I will scout ahead, taking out any of their weakling leaders they may have. We'll need his help."

"I'd be happy to, " began the assassin. "But my body is pretty thrashed, thanks in part to that stupid Sorceress!" Enraged, Sepacuna shot a black bolt of energy at him (healing him in the most painful fashion as possible.) "On second thought, I could use some Storm Vermin pelt book covers. My Malus Darkblade adventure books are getting ruined out here!"

"That's settled. We still need some heavy fire power. Sepacuna, what lores are you good at?"

"A dabble a bit in Death, Shadow, and Dark Lores of magic."

"Shadow isn't that powerful, and Dark magic probably won't effect many of them. Death it is then. All that remains are the spear men, and my self. Well since the left and right side of the field are taken up, we'll take our chanses here" said Ronin, finally getting a chance to stand up. He pointed to a spot, just near the entrance of this valley. "I'll take my cold one, and ride out. Maybe I can scar them off. In any case, we need you guys to shoot the hell out of them. How long untill we get our forces ready?"

"One hour." said the Blood Shade.

"Good. Have your men and women ready to depart by then. Meeting adjourn." The two Lordlings, and the Blood Shade took their weapons, and left. Ronin piked up his saddle, and placed it on his mount. After he had everything tied down, he placed his crossbow in it's holster. Next was his shield. It had a stretched out skull bulging out of it (the symble of Harganneth.) The skull it self was blood red, Ronin's favorite color. It was a parting gift when he completed his training in that Cursed Place. the last item on the list was his lance. Before mounting, Ronin took a deep breath, like it would be the last he would be taking here.

Sepacuna sensed his fear, and placed her hand on his shoulder. "You may die this battle, you know."

"When I was Forty, my village was burned to the ground by a fell demon, and every one I knew and love died. I was quickly discovered by an inept Dragon Prince, and forced into his merry band of warriors. I was the only one not killed when the "Mistress of Daggers attacked Ulthain. I survived the Raid on Alt'Eris, the voyage to Naggaroth, and the court of the Witch king. And I survived you!" he said in an emotionless tone. "I have a chance to survive this."

With little effort, the boy jumped onto his mount. "Time to fight." He told her, riding out of the tent (The harpies not far behind him.)

Sepacuna just stood there, watching him go. As she did his, her mind wondered back to the events just prior of him becoming an army general.

Ok, I have a major request (so I don't have to go find a Skaven book, and look up the stats and cost.) The upcoming battle will translate into a 1500 point battle (I figure that would best represent a few hundred Druchii warriors vs close to a thousand Skaven warriors.)

Ronin and company are fighting Clan pestilence, so I was wondering what units would be in this battle, and how many of each would be represented.

Specific units I'd like to see: Plague monks, Clan Rats, Storm Vermin, and anything else that Clan Pestilence would like to take (no Lustria list, just strait from the Skaven book.)

Thanks.
Last edited by Saint of m on Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I cannot help with the Skaven question but storywise I feel that I should tell you that you are sliping back into bad habbits, read through your work before posting, your grammer and wording make it all but unreadable in places. Content wise though I think its quite good. I am not sure why a shade would ware red though, its not great for camoflage. Also a battle that size would be more like 2500.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I changed some of spelling and punctuation errors, and added/took out a few words here and there.

So what would be the equivolent of a 1500pt DE army?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I supose if you took out the majority of the special and rare units that we have you might be looking at about a hundred elves for a more realistic force, in skaven terms thats going to be a few hundred if they are predominantly clan rats and slaves but quite a few less if they are the elite troops of the big four clans. If they are predominantly pestilins troops I supose 200 would probobly not be too far out.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

so, two to one in their favor. I like it.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I liked the story more than usual this time. The question about Clan Pestilence
Lots of Plague Monks and you can include Rat Ogres though make sure to describe the look of the battle against Clan Pestilence like "The air was shrouded with flies and the smell of Death itself hung all around us. Clan Pestilence certainly did live up to its name. Rotting corpses..." and so on and so forth.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

If you read Skaven slayer it gives some great descriptions of plauge monks, fighting and not. Plus its just a realy great book to read anyway.

Gentleman of Moderation