Malekith in the New Book

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Malus is not a leader. He's an outcast, engulfed by a daemon that has made him a subject to Tz'Arkan' whim. People despise him, and he's not a seafarer. Thus, he has no Seadragon Cloak.

His model suggests otherwise.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

His rules dictate that he does not ;) . I always just explained that by saying that Malus is simply wearing a fashionable reptile hide as a cloak, but not that of a sea dragon.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

in comic (and I think i novels also) Malus has SDC, or maybe Naughlir (sp?) cloak....
and he is a leader, he's Drachau of Hag Graef, currently bein second in command in the invasion on Ulthuan....
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I know in the books he gets a new suit of shiny black armor. So that might help with the new book.

It's been a long time since I've been on this topic, but we all seem to agree with this:

Maliy needs better armor, is too expensive, practicly has a target painted on his head when it comes to magic attacvks and magical weapons, and we like the empires Karle Franze idea of him getting a variety of mounts.
Darkblade83
Corsair

Post by Darkblade83 »

well I haven’t finish all of the novel but in his first he is aboard a ship and he is wearing a SDC as in is blatantly obvious i figure he doesn’t need a ward save, though it would be great. but a SDC would make a huge difference, 2+ normal and 1+ against shooting. now he is worth his points. he should be able to survive against the enemy and have a good save since he can kill his own men. seem fair to me.
"The slayer of worlds has come for your soul."
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

When dose the new book come out :?:
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

According to rumours the new book should be out the last quarter of 2008.
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

Scareypete wrote:why haven't they given one of these to their frickin King? If I was malekith I would be so pissed at them!
I’m sure they have, I envision Malekith having a veritable treasure trove of powerful magic items given to him by every Drachau and noble house. Some of them he uses himself while others he lends to a loyal servant (such as one of his Blackguard) to show that they have his favour.

A Sea Dragon Cloak with a haul such as that would be like getting socks and underwear for Christmas.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

But hey - you can never have enough socks.

...I got socks for Christmas :(
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

I got nothing for christmas >_>'

I do agree that malus needs his sea dragon cloak. Or at least an improvent in his armour in SOME way. He also isn't that good that he takes an additional hero choice. But malekith with a loak? Naaaaaaah! Nevah! He wears the freaking most powerfull armour (fluffwise) they can make! No cloak for him.
KILL!!!
Darluith
Executioner
Location: T'ularith, The Citidel of Damnation (North Carolina... for now) or running my guild forum

Post by Darluith »

if its so powerful (unfortunatly playtested), why does he fall against things like Jezzals, and magic attacks from Dwarven War machines. He needs a better save. or at least down his ward to 4+ against anything in the game (those of you that remember Nagesh's Character know how annoying that was). Just MHO.
"I had a thought, they will fit nicely in the cauldron"
DreadLord Darluith Anaki
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Regeneration may be another good idea. AAfter all the legendary angry blind man got through his armor once, how was it repared? Hotek hammered it good as new?

The Suit of armor is supose to sustain and reguvinate it
s wearer, so mabe a magic regen rule (batter role, and not effected by flaming attacks.)
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Getting a simple "For every wound Malekith suffers in the game (after saves) the Druchii player rolls a die. On the roll of 4+ the wound is ignored. Note that this may potentially stop a Killing Blow or attacks that cause multiple wounds."
That would be quite nice.

~ Nag