No
2%

Total votes: 164

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

How about Godzilla ones?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

:D or maybe super speedy awesome fighty killer ones?

hmm, killer cold ones kinda has a nice ring to it ;)

- Beanz
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

No I have the winer, better than those lions with the stupid braids ones.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

or the dopey lizardmen ones ;)

- Beanz
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

About 'Cold' ones... I mean that their name suggests they are supposed to be cold blooded? What I never figured out is how they could survive in a Winter Wonderland as Naggaroth? I have the impression there are a lot of biologists out there on this site. Can anyone explain this to me?

cheers,

Ilokir
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Ilokir wrote:how could they survive in a Winter Wonderland as Naggaroth?

portable fan heaters? ;)

good question tho - maybe something to do with the damp, wet environment that the underway provides? It could be something that aids thermo-regulation in their diet or perhaps theyre some form of amphibious-reptilian hybrid, although all references Ive seen of cold ones describe them as reptilian... :?

like I said before - maybe they will change our name and rules to a more appropriate species... I'd like to hope so! :D

- Beanz
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

warm ones or hot ones might be an idea ;) the cold ones are very thick skinned maybe that help them keep them warm or it is a very hot cavern they live in
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

Ilokir Lúinwë wrote: What I never figured out is how they could survive in a Winter Wonderland as Naggaroth?

possibility 1: they eat something hot...
possibility 2: a hot witchelf sits on the cold one - not that cold anymore for sure!
possibility 3: GW made another backgroundmistake (which is normally covered by more obvious ones)

choose one ;)
At last, we will have revenge...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Acording to the Darkblade novels (I am well aware of how they are viewed before people start yelling) they are actualy more closly related to Dragons than lizards, and therefore actualy thrive in cold enviroments. It certainly makes more sense at any rate.

Gentleman of Moderation
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

As I didn't see it noted before in this thread, this Cold One is most likely only for the new "Nobles" and "Highborns". Just as for High Elves, there will be plenty of new character models, but very few unit models made anew.

And it is definitely cool.

~ Nag
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Best GW produced (*edit: Cold one) I've seen so far. ;)
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

Tastyfish explained the whole Cold-blooded yet living in freezing Naggaroth idea to me, but I can't really remember most of it. Some lizards are actually able to generate body heat despite being cold-blooded or something like that.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

There are types of fish living in the arctic ocean, so its definately possible. Perhaps the Cold Ones have anti-freeze in their slime :)
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

The Beastmasters could train our current battle cows to lose some weight and stand up on it's hind legs ;)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Frosty the evil snowman
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Frosty the evil snowman »

Does anyone what might happen to the Malus Darkbale model if he his in the new book,will he stay the some or modeled in to the new cold one
FROSTY,COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU
Luccann
Trainee Warrior

Post by Luccann »

I think he will get the new one
Deathclaw1820
Warrior

Post by Deathclaw1820 »

Mega Mega MEga Mega MEga cool
Fearless is my middle name.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well having watched a program on cold blooded creatures I have to say that larger lizards can be active far more than smaller ones, there mass means that they loose heat more slowly, maybe underground its warm enough for them to function and what little sun is available in naggaroth is sufficient.

Gentleman of Moderation
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:Acording to the Darkblade novels (I am well aware of how they are viewed before people start yelling) they are actualy more closly related to Dragons than lizards, and therefore actualy thrive in cold enviroments. It certainly makes more sense at any rate.

Agreed, evewn the lizardmen would benifit as they are too bright and active to be lizards
"Luck is the residue of design"
Shadowd1
Cold One Knight

Post by Shadowd1 »

just incase he dosent get resculpted im goin to get the current one and covert him with the new ones when they come out ps them new models are just simply the best anyone say otherwise beter keep there opinions to there selfs
Stab stab stabidy stab
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Ilokir Lúinwë wrote:About 'Cold' ones... I mean that their name suggests they are supposed to be cold blooded? What I never figured out is how they could survive in a Winter Wonderland as Naggaroth? I have the impression there are a lot of biologists out there on this site. Can anyone explain this to me?

cheers,

Ilokir

I'm sure Canada...oops, Naggaroth can be pleasant in the summer time. Maybe they just don't take them out in the winter (like most real armies of that period). Or if they do, the CO's just become as disposable as the rest of the army to the Highborn's.

Besides, it's not like the rest of the army is modelled to campaign in the dead of winter.
Rhakinlanthari
Executioner

Post by Rhakinlanthari »

It actually looks a bit like the old style 4th Ed cold ones I have. Which look way more awesome than the current lumbering stupid variety.
Click this. You know you want to...
Right hand of khaine
Shade

Post by Right hand of khaine »

The cold one look impressive.....and it is about time to say the least. I am afraid that, whilst GW's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and other gaming systems are among the best on offer....their models are not. It is true that the models range has significantly improved over the years, particularly recently, but it is still outdone by the likes of GameZone miniatures which is a Spanish company with Uk sellers. You should check out the cold ones on that site...because they eat even this model alive.....

Right Hand Of Khaine
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Whoa... Whoa... Whoa!! That looks VICIOUS!!! Alot better than the ones used now.
"amatures study tactics, professionals study logistics"
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

Ilokir Lúinwë wrote:About 'Cold' ones... I mean that their name suggests they are supposed to be cold blooded? What I never figured out is how they could survive in a Winter Wonderland as Naggaroth? I have the impression there are a lot of biologists out there on this site. Can anyone explain this to me?

cheers,

Ilokir

You are one smart dude to have thought of that. Actually, whoever thought of the idea of dinosaurs being cold blooded new nothing about fluid mechanics. If you want to have a circulatory system in a creature that big, your pump(the heart) needs to account for pressures that cold blooded circulatory systems just can't cope with. Furthermore, no one has really come up with a heat transfer system that a creature that large with a cold blooded circulatory system can accommodate. Thus, most scientists are having to change their views on dinosaurs being cold blooded, and are coming to the conclusion that they were warm blooded.

I tried to use this argument to tell my friend that plays lizzies that his cold blooded rule shouldn't apply. He wasn't very amused.