19%
Other (who and why)
22%

Total votes: 73

Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

DE special chars

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

So? Do you like to use special DE characters, who's your favourite, on how much points you use them and, most important, did they work well. I played one 2250 game with Malekith, and though he ate all my hero slots he also ate Karl Franz and half of my opponent's army, so I'm quite satisfied. Your turn.
Sanity is highly overrated
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Well Im guessing games could be quite unbalanced with special chars. At least with Malekith haha, 2+ ward save ftw.
But I like Morathi, she could do her good.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Uriain
Executioner

Post by Uriain »

I have always been a fan of Malekith, just because he is a Lord Character who is also a lvl 4 Caster. I enjoy the freedom he brings of being able to fight in Combat and Cast magic, it is nice.
Building Hand Eye Co-ordination. . . . One kill at a time.
Lah di d'har
Shade

Post by Lah di d'har »

i dont often use special chars, but if i did Morathi would be my girl ;)

Malekith seems like 1000 pt gamble, dosnt he lose his save vs a magical attack/weapon ? or am i playing him wrong.

last time i played him he was rosted by magic missisles. and the time before that he fought toe to toe agasints the High elf dragon special char, and got pasted :roll:

(cant remember the name of the HE char but it was in the 6th edition army book i think)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

All of them really, but I would have to say I've used Shadowblade, Malus and Morathi the most.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

samgam wrote:i dont often use special chars, but if i did Morathi would be my girl ;)

Malekith seems like 1000 pt gamble, dosnt he lose his save vs a magical attack/weapon ? or am i playing him wrong.

last time i played him he was rosted by magic missisles. and the time before that he fought toe to toe agasints the High elf dragon special char, and got pasted :roll:

(cant remember the name of the HE char but it was in the 6th edition army book i think)
I like to throw Malekith at my opponent, eventually chill winding, doombolting or soul stealing anything in range, trying to get away from any wizards, who might cause trouble. Charges don't trouble me so much, because Malekith has 2+ ward save and Seraphon, well, he's dragon after all. So long this tactic works.
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Why nobody shares their experience with special characters?
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

o.k Well malus Iv always found to be a reliable character giving the Dark elves a little of what they miss. Hight toughness and good attacking power and hes not too bad points wise either.
However he has no ward save and he hasent got a very impressive armour save either.

Malekith Iv never had the points to spare or the balls to use. Yes very powerful if used right but far to easily killed and against the new H.elves will die every time...

Morathi now here is the girl for me. Iv used her in my last few large games and she has always come through alive and has earned her points back. The good thing about her is shes a little all in one. A great spell caster, very speedy, not a bad ward save and for a spell caster 3 attacks S 6 on the charge with killing blow isnt too shabby.

As for the other characters I havent used them Shadow blade seems alot of points and a bit of a one hit wonder but as I said I havent used him before.
Sa'an'ishar
Scareypete
Beastmaster

Post by Scareypete »

Malekith... the only special character Model i own for DE. I only field it as Malekith in 3,000 pt or higher games where I can still take a couple extra characters to back him up.

Malekith + a Peggy High born and a L2 Sorceress or a L4 sorceress and a peggy noble is a nice trio.

Over all I simply don't field special characters in any of my armies... I have grimgor for my orcs... I don't think I have ever used him.
Slortor

Post by Slortor »

tullaris just cause.... his background is cool (if short) and i like his rules - even the Exs Axe!!!
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Mandavar bloodlust
Warrior

Post by Mandavar bloodlust »

I like Malus the most, he has a very good flair and his skills are very good for a DE army.

I also loke Tullaris very much because the Executioners are my favourite minis.
- Its not allowed to feed your Cold One with more than three High Elfes per day, (remember all the itzy bitzy things on their clothes, hair, and skin) to avoid sickness of your Cold One.
- Druchii Cold One Field Manual Chapter 3, Page 73.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Malus is the one I've used the most. Morathi is the one I like the fluff for the most (as long as they keep it Slaaneshi and not changing back and forth all the time), and Shadowblade is the one I'd like to use the most.
2250 pts.

~ Nag
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

i like most of there druchii Spec Char. , i used malus and shadowblade i few times,

shadowblade being the only one to have ever killed tyrion singlehanded( well after i shot i his bloody horse from under him and getting him to charge my 10 corsairs with my mate hidden(sweet memories) it took three turns but it did the job.

Malus is just brutal for an elf, excellent but he hasn't led an army for a long time! i think its time to go on a slave raid once more!

i used malekith just once 6000 points of druchii i just had to take him( not just because i wouldn't get to 6000 without him)
he slaughtered so many dwarfs i wasn't even funny anymore....no sorry it was.
keep him away from magic cannonballs and all be just fine.

but my all time favo must be morathi

i mean + 2 casting value, pick your spells, best wardsave DE have (it just doesn't get better then 4+ MR1 sad isnt it) notcounting malekith save, flying and can kick some ... all just for 470 points if you kit a sorc on peg, yourself it will be around 400 points but she wouldn't be as good as.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

I'll have to go with Morathi, though I like shadowblade alot too
(too bad the german and english rules differ though)

Malekith and Malus aren't worth it imo!
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

I like shadowblade used to always take him had some great fun when he appeared in the oppenents lines and charged into a sorcerer or there general and killed him. those were the Good old days
Obsidianichor
Cold One Knight

Post by Obsidianichor »

I don't usually use special chars, but I chose Morathi. She's got a lovely +2 to cast and is a sorceress with a pegasus and *gasp* attacks and a weapon to utilize the flight with. She can easily fill in for a pegasus riding noble, as well as maneuvering for her spells
-ObsidianIchor

Armies:
Druchii: 4000+
DIY Marines: 4000+
Tyranids: 6000+
Emal
Executioner

Post by Emal »

Well, i have used Malus and Malky with mixed results.
When i used Malus he chewed down a unit of knights before being blasted by a stray mortar shot.

Malekith on the other hand hs done 3 diferent things.'
1) Single handidly killing 1900pts of empire.
2) getting killed in the first round by a chaos wizard who made an irresistable force cast with wind of death.
Being beaten by a lvl 1 empire wizard in close combat, breaks and flees to never rally again.

But i still like to use malky from time to time.
For the druchii
Deathclaw1820
Warrior

Post by Deathclaw1820 »

i would vote for MOrathi, lvl 4 magic, flying breast, enchanting beauty....who can resist?
Fearless is my middle name.
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

i really like Tullaris, i hope he makes a return in our next AB
you don't know the power of the darkside
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Must be Morathi in my case for very powerful and reliable (gasp!) magic with +2 to cast and choosing her spells she's my number one choice as general for magic heavy army

And right after that it's Shadowblade, but only when I know the enemy has many warmachines or important heroes on foot. He can decimate enemy artillery starting on turn 1 (two machines silenced on turn 1 is nothing to frown at) or just kill that pesky mage lord hiding in some archers far behind the lines.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Tenebrae

Post by Tenebrae »

Dalamar wrote:Must be Morathi in my case for very powerful and reliable (gasp!) magic with +2 to cast and choosing her spells she's my number one choice as general for magic heavy army

And right after that it's Shadowblade, but only when I know the enemy has many warmachines or important heroes on foot. He can decimate enemy artillery starting on turn 1 (two machines silenced on turn 1 is nothing to frown at) or just kill that pesky mage lord hiding in some archers far behind the lines.

Full agreement.
Unit strengths and bases are covered here.
Updates are here.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Malekith and Malus are my fav's. Malus cause he hits like a chaos lord or vampire lord and Malekith cause he killed Valten in one round of combat (all praise to Destroyer and Seraphon!! and maybe an unlucky ld test on Valten's part... :twisted: ) and also managed to decimate greatswords and couple other units. Although Malekith did get hit and killed by a 30" comet but it was the last turn so it doesn't matter... much... I've wanted to use Morathi and Shadowblade but i don't have the models yet but they are just as powerful as Malekith and Malus so I might have some fun :twisted:
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Shadowblade, pop him out of an enemy archer unit and watch as he eliminates their back line then moves forward.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Angelofdarkness
Dark Rider

Post by Angelofdarkness »

I love malus, the model is fantastic, spite is as well with a bit of work and he can kick serious arse with the right timing just be wary of cannon balls
Black corsair
Trainee Warrior

Post by Black corsair »

I use Morathi alot. I enjoy the fact that she can fly around and unleash magical havoc on my enemies. Plus if she needs to flank or rear charge a unit, she has enough US to take care of any of their rank bonuses. STR5 from both Morathi and the pegasus is nice on the charge.