13%
Hero
87%

Total votes: 78

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I didn't say that people would choose to put her in other units but that isn't to say that she cannot be.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Krupp
Executioner

Post by Krupp »

Now that I think about it, I think the Hag is better off as a Witch elf upgrade like currently. The frenzy is a huge liability, so I'd probably only ever deploy her with witches. Mounting her on a Marticore would be cool, but again the frenzy would cause big problems, especially with a flyer.

Unless she is some how tied to a new cauldron, I can't think of a place for her other then with her fellow witches.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Which is as is should be realy, she should be best used alongside her sisters but the option should be there for her not to be. The alternative is to use something like the WOWAOR desiples of Khaine and give them decent stats, lots of bound spells and no frenzy, which could work.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Dalamar wrote:Hmm, witch elf hag with warrior priest style prayers would be a nifty idea.

Gut Magic comes to mind.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Just don't call it magic.
Bloody Prayers to Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Exactly: We pray to Khaine, and he answers. And not a moment to soon, either.

Layne.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

If we get the Lord option, we might get the witchelves as a core choice (think Minotours lead by a DomBUll, or what ever their lord is called.)
Lah di d'har
Shade

Post by Lah di d'har »

Both Please!

ok if it came down to a choice i would pick hero. not sure i would want to spend so many points on a char that has no armour and has Frenzy.
though a lord Hag being able to pick up 100pts worth of temple of khain items + a big bad mount could make a killing machine.

im wondering though what her Frenzy rule would do on a mount. would it be Frenzied too?

even if not i guess it could still be a problem. if a rider controling a flying monster is frenzied, you would be forced to charge the nearset ememy within 20" right?

that could be abit risky
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

yes - frenzy works like hatred and other stuff on the mount

otherway around: if your mount (cold one) is stupid the rider - let's say a sorceress is stupid as well and can't cast spells...
At last, we will have revenge...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

From a fluffy perspective, I think the Hag should be a hero, and taking her would affect the units available to your army. Taking her would perhaps move Witches to core, or something similar. Perhaps even make something about the Cauldron of Blood.

A hero seems fitting, as I doubt they'd let a large army in the hands of a crazed witch filled to the brim with strange drugs and rage ;)

~ Nag
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Cauldron will possibly be a "piece of equipment" for hag like anvil is for runelord. That would affect it enough to see it more often in the games I think.
7th edition army book:

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Arnold Layne wrote:Exactly: We pray to Khaine, and he answers. And not a moment to soon, either.

Layne.

Khaine never really seemed the sort of god to be on his worshippers beck and call to me...

He seemed more the sor that gave you the tools and it was up to you to prosper or fail with them.

It would seem to make more sense that you got better as you achieved success in his eyes rather than asking for aid to achieve success for him.

Just my opinion though. Perhaps you guys see him differently...
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

I would like to see a lord option as well as a hero option, but from a fluffy standpoint I can see only the hero option being available.

Just as long as they don't have access to heavy armor and cold ones as mounts as they did in 5th edition ::shudders::

- One DE player from back then didn't field any army without at least 2 Hags on Cold Ones decked out in heavy armor running around in a unit of knights. -
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari
Dreadlord taylindril
Dark Rider

Post by Dreadlord taylindril »

i'd like to see the Hag as a hero. with a 4+ Ward Save; gives special beifits to the Witch Elves in some way.
it is time for us to make war on the Asur; shed blood in khaine's name.
hail king malekith

dreadlord taylindril of hag graef
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I'd like to see a Hag Hero, As a completely crazed pscopath on foot without armour but witha bucketload of poisoned attacks. It would just seem a bit odd to put her on a dark steed and ride around while the Dark Riders shoot crossbows. Definitly leading the sisterhood would make sense and means when your witchelevs charge and you reveal you also have an assasin in that unit you can get 26 attacks! Most of which won't do anything but it is still fun.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'd like to see Hag as hero with no mount option (except Manticore which is believed to be creature of Khaine) and no armour options.
Something along the line of 3 base attacks + frenzy + 2nd hand weapon as base. 5 poisoned attacks from a hero level character would be nice.
Maybe some new hag only magic item like set of two daggers that would still count as 2 hand weapons.
We need more Khaine stuff in the list.
7th edition army book: