Group 16

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Stg
Corsair

Group 16

Post by Stg »

Alright everyone,

Group 16 is nearly ready to begin! I am giving everyone one day to respond to my PM’s about acceptance, report here as being present, and read over the instructions and guidelines. The following six players will make up Group 16:

- LoDark
- izirath
- Marious
- Kulte
- MessiahOfDeath
- Roman V. Numeral

(New Edit :!:)
Please check here http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=51689 for everyones character backgrounds.

Good luck everyone! ~ Khel
Last edited by Stg on Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarath’anarth
Class: Warrior
(WS):5 (S):3 (T):2 (D):5 (I):3
Equipment: Halberd, Shield, Light Armour.
Skills: None
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Stg
Corsair

Instructions and Guidelines

Post by Stg »

Ok everyone, this post will consist of the instructions and guidelines I would like everyone to follow. Firstly, for the sake of convince, the following is the general rules the other RPG groups’ mods have used:

1) Your character status will very much depend on your posting. I will injure or even kill off characters that aren’t pulling their weight in terms of posts so try and stay to the deadlines I set and try and write at least a paragraph each time you post.

2) Your characters are not immortal. Nor are they even heroic for that matter. In gaming terms you are about on par with a 7-point DE warrior at the start. You characters will level up and get stronger as the game goes on, but until then you should be reasonable in the way you play. Chances are that if you decide to go up with a Chosen Knight Of Khorne by yourself your going to get mashed into a fine paste.

(newly added notes :!: )

3) As far as actions go, I will use two systems. For regular actions that do not involve your characters health (eg. Bluffing a guard, etc.) I will determine the success of your actions primarily on the quality of your posts. For actions that involve your characters health I will look at your characters stats, equipment, and skills and then roll a die. For example: A character decides to jump out a window of a two story building to escape a guard, and grab on to a nearby tree limb to stop his fall. He is a warrior with 3 dexterity, light armor, a shield, and a longsword. Because of his average dexterity he would normally succeed on a roll of 4+, but his armor and weapons weigh him down so he will only succeed on a roll of a 5+.

4) Now for fighting. Fighting will follow a similar system to that of actions. I will look at your characters stats, skills, and equipment, compare them to their enemy's, and modify the die accordingly. If two opponents are equal in strength, you succeed on a 4+, but better equipment and armor increases your odds. Also realize that fighting alone is much more dangerous, and that fighting with friends will give you a MUCH higher chance of succeeding. Most importantly, your success in fights will depend on how well you write and describe your actions in the fight. If I feel you’ve done a very good job in describing your attack, I will modify the dice in your favor. Thus, even if you are outclassed and outnumbered, a good post can keep your character alive.

Also two more suggestions:
1) Keep a character profile like mine in your profile(signature), with at least your characters name, stats, equipment, and inventory. You may include more (such as age, class, gender, etc.), but at least what I have specified. It not only helps you keep track of your character, but also lets you see what your fellow players are capable of and what they are carrying.

2) Follow a standard Speech , Thought , Action format for posting. This helps everyone follow your posts more easily. fools, they think they can match me? Jaek thought to himself, “Now you will die!” he yelled as he broke from his cover. Jaek will jump over the barrier, drawing his sword as he sprints down the street and dives at the supposed leader of the human mercenaries.

Next, a few instructions I would like everyone to work on. If you have not already, please take the time to read a few posts in the other RPG mods’ groups. This will help you get a feeling for how this RPG will flow and work out. Also, until I can determine the posting schedule that best fits our group, I will start of with posting once a week. If it appears that the group is able to post quite often between each week, I will narrow that gap down to every few days or so. This will be regarding the larger posts that move the story along, not to the smaller comments that I will throw in that affect a single player or two. If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM and I will be sure to get a response to you ASAP.
Last edited by Stg on Wed May 28, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Let's rock and roll! :D
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Roman v. numeral
Shade

Post by Roman v. numeral »

Alright! I'm excited to get back into the game.
Group 25!

Name: Cenar Stoneburn
Stats: WS:4, S:5, T:4, D:3, I:2
Equipment: Long sword, shield, light armour
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

Ready and able.
Alshar Calaelen
WS: 3
S: 5
T: 4
D: 3
I: 3

Equipment:
Repeater Crossbow, Dagger, shield and light armour.
Messiahofdeath
Cold One Knight

Post by Messiahofdeath »

Here.
By any means I’m NOT goth, it’s just them naggaroth fashion trends
Sinfulblade
Ws:4/S:2/T:4/D:5/I:4
Wargear: Shade Cloak, Bastard Sword, Short Sword, Dagger, Throwing knives, 760gold, blood sprites
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Acrobatics
Kulte
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kulte »

ready to kill something.
Kulte Darkwing
WS: 5
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 4
Equipment: Clothes, Long sword, shield, light armor.
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

Here to RP
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Nice, we all have reported in then.
~ Nag
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

OOC: Well, it appears everyone has reported in and ready to go. Here are a few last minute things I forgot to mention previously. Please remember that when you are role playing, you can only say what you character wants to do, plans to do, or attempts to do, but can not actually perform the action. This applies to combat or serious actions, nothing so simple as taking a seat or walking a direction. For example, you can say that you attempt to slash your sword at an enemy, but you can not say you swing at an enemy and cut his arm off. It is up to me to determine whether you succeed to fail at performing an action. This also applies for interaction with other players, you can say you ask another player to join you going some direction, but you can not say you dragged another player somewhere or you asked and he accepted. That player himself has to either accept or deny your request.

I have added a few more instructions, “borrowed” once again from other mods groups, to my previous post to further explain how this thing should work out. Please take a moment to check it out. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started!

~~~~~~~~

IC: “The fog is rolling in,” the retainer remarked. Falris turned to regard him. “So it is,” returned Falris, a slight agitation edging his voice. Every night is a foggy night in Vikarh, he thought to himself, this damn dreary city. “How much further is this place, Caledis?” “Not much further sir,” the retainer answered. “And you’re sure this inn has mercenaries desperate enough to accept my job?” “Oh yes sir,” the retainer replied. “The Crusty Corsair always seems to have a crowd of ruffians and vagabonds. I’m sure some will be willing to do your work. Hopefully they will fare better than the last bunch.” “Indeed.” They had better, I have little patience left. The two continued their trek down the lonely ally, making their way despite the lazy fog engulfing them as they went.

Vikarh was a city of mercenaries, catering to those seeking to make a few coins selling their services to anyone willing. It was mid fall and dusk, a cold night by all accounts. The nearby sea brought in a chilly breeze, as well as a low hanging fog, nearly every night. Traders and slaves both made their way about the local trade district, busing themselves with packing up their wares or performing their masters bidding, respectively. The noble and his retainer passed through the trade district into the less savory harbor area, seeking a few hired swords themselves.

As they rounded a corner, the Crusty Corsair loomed into view. Rising two stories, the inn was in a horrible state of disrepair, with window shingles falling from the frames and the entire building a worn dull colour from the salty sea breeze. The top floor comprised of an old druchii raiding ship thrown on top of the inn, giving the whole building a rather peculiar look. Well, the inn definitely fits in here Falris thought.

Upon entering the grimy inn, Falris could quickly see that the inns occupants were both many and rough looking, exactly as he had hoped. “What can I getcha,” the barkeep asked, before looking up and noticing Falris. He quickly straitened and composed himself. “That is to say, what could a humble being such as myself offer you, my lord. Perhaps a bottle of the house wine?” “No thank you,” Falris replied, his stomach turning slightly from the thought of the house wine's taste. “I only seek a few hired hands, if you don’t mind.” “Not at all, my lord.” The barkeep looked slightly disappointed, but quickly busied himself with cleaning glasses. By this time the majority of the crowd had taken notice to the noble and his retainer.

Falris moved off to a table near the back corner of the inn, while his retainer addressed the crowd. “As you have no doubt noticed, my lord seeks a few mercenaries for a small job. You will be graciously rewarded upon completion of the job, baring any complications. If anyone is interested, they may join my lord at his table.” With that the retainer joined Falris, standing behind his lord. A large portion of the crowd got up and began making their way over to the waiting noble.

The group takes a moment to examine Falris and his retainer, Caledis. Falris is obviously a noble of some wealth, dressed in fine silken robes and a heavy wool cloak. He wears several rings on his fingers and a few amulets on his neck, each simple but elegant. He wields no visible weapons, but does carry a walking stick. At first glance, he appears quite old, having seen perhaps four or five hundred ages. His face is covered is wrinkles, further showing his age, and his long grey hair is tied back in numerous braids. Dark blue eyes provide the only remarkable feature to his face, displaying a hint of cunning and intelligence. Caledis is dressed very simply, with a rugged leather vest over a kheitan of animal hide. He wears little else in the way of armor, with a pair of leather boots and gloves and a wool cloak comprising the rest of his attire. A pair of fine curved swords are strapped to his belt. He bares a few scars along his face, testament to his years of service as a retainer. His bright green eyes stare out past his crooked, broken nose. He wears his shoulder length brown hair loosely, casting a small shadow across his face.

~~~~~~~~

At this point you guys all get up and join the noble at his table, eager to learn more about this job. You may each ask Falris a few questions about anything you may have thought of up to this point. Also, while I have set up the scene and described the noble and retainer entering the inn, it is up to you to role play what your character was doing at the inn and how they reacted to the noble entering and the job being presented. Remember you can’t force anyone else’s actions, only your own. Enjoy!
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Kulte
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kulte »

Kulte sipped his wine, concealing his distaste towards the entire place, including the damned barkeep and his wine. When the nobleman and his lackey entered the bar Kulte placed his hand on his sword. Just in case. Kulte listened to the retainers proposal quietly, still drinking from his wine cup. When the retainer returned to his lord, Kulte finished his drink, threw the cup to the barkeep, then stood and walked to the lords table. Time to see if this shows any promise.
"So what kind of job is this exactly?" Kulte asked, pulling up a chair and sitting down with them, keeping an eye on several others who seemed about to join them as well.

Falris studied the elf as he inquired about the job. What a ragged looking soul Falris though, quickly looking him over. He looks close to death, but as long as he can get the job done, it doesn’t matter. He’s got a wary look about him, that’s good. “Well, young elf, it’s a simple errand job. I am seeking an artifact of… sentimental value to my family. All I need is for you to go and retrieve it.” Falris took a moment to gage the elf’s reaction. He didn’t seem too concerned with the details, most likely desperate for money. “Does this interest you?”
Kulte Darkwing
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Euriel hurried down the street, the air was cold and foggy. As he wrapped his clothes tighter around his body, he noticed the two figures walking behind him. Taking no further notice of them he darted into the bar.

Give me a warm drink Euriel gruffed at the innkeeper.

Soon after taking a seat the two figures entered the inn. He listened to them. Obviously he was an elf of high blood with his servitor.

This should be interesting enough, hope he pays well though, gotta make a name.

Euriel moved closer to the table and raised his voice.
Speak more about this so called job, I better get payed well. But first, what's my assignment?

Falris paused to examine the second elf who spoke up. This young elf looks better off than the other, but no less desperate. It seems this was the right place for the work I need done. “Well as I mentioned to this young fellow, it is a simple errand job, retrieve an item for me and you will be rewarded, generously.” Falris thought he caught a gleam in the elf’s eye at the mention of a generous reward. At least I have his attention. “Where the artifact is located is another matter.”
~ Nag
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

Sitting in the corner of the dank inn, Alshar passively watched as the men and women slowly entered and left around him. Like ghosts they haunted the corners of the Inn, keeping to themselves and their wine, suspiciously glaring at their surrounding drunkards and mercenaries.

Alshar himself sat alone, having secured a table earlier in the evening without too much hassle, in need of some shelter from the elements and the drab weather which clung to the city as smoke clings to clothes. He had no drink in front of him, he had no money for a drink, but fortunately for him the bar owner hadn't noticed yet that he hadn't bought anything.

Questions raced through his head.

I still have no money, how can I travel without any money? Where can I stay in this greedy metropolis without any money? I'll die in the sewers with the rats and nobody will ever know, let alone care.

He'd applied for some jobs. In some cases he'd been turned down. There was lots of competition. Others, he'd just abandoned. He could tell when a job wasn't worth doing, and some of the suicidal missions put out by the richer Druchii were ridiculous.

But now he was desperate. He knew he may have to take such a job.

It took him a few moments before noticed the arrival of the rather elderly Druchii and his retainer. It was obvious they'd come to employ people even before the lackey opened his mouth and implored into whether the various cut throats would be interested in a job. Alshar was curious. He'd seen many employers, but this man intruiged him. Surely a lord would be able to hire better soldiers than could be found here.

Many on the the nearby tables started over to find out what the job was, and what's more, what he was offering. One arrogant Druchii plainly asked about the pay, and Alshar thought he picked up a hint of a threat in the question. But he knew that he too would be mostly interested in the money at this stage.

He got up and moved over to the old man's table. "I would like to know if we can leave this damn weather behind us, which would be pay enough," he called out jokingly, "but as long as we get paid enough to shelter from it, I think I'll be content."

As the third elf entered the conversation, Falris couldn’t help but notice his rather strong physique. Some raw muscle power will be of great help Falris thought and he considered the new elf. “Well said, young one. This weather is quite disheartening. And I can assure you this job will include a vast change in weather and environment, as well as a decent compensation.” The money alone should ensure to services of these desperate druchii. Luckily I have enough of it to spare.
Alshar Calaelen

Equipment:
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Somone called out, and then he realised that he was speaking to him. He spotted the man hiding in his corner, like so many others.
Hehe, true enough, but I'd like to get payed as well.

He speaks true, that one, get over here and join us. You seem to have enough of a sense of humor, which I can put up with.
Euriel said, feeling a bit more comfortable.
~ Nag
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

LoDark smiled and moved over to sit by the Druchii on the Lord's table.

I'll be sleeping with the enemy it seems.

He looked at the Lord again. "So are you going to answer our questions?"

Falris looked at the elf as he sat down at the table. “I believe I answered your first question young elf, do you have another?”
Alshar Calaelen

Equipment:
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

OOC: Hey everyone, LoDark's last post made me realize I forgot to clarify how small conversation and such would be handled. I will answer questions or talk with players by editing in answers into your posts directly. So make sure to read back over your post to see if I answered in there. This will also apply for break downs in combat; i.e. telling you if you missed or hit something. The larger mod posts I make will sum thing up and move the story along. Also, things are going pretty smoothly, so I will see if everyone has had a chance to enter the conversation and role play a bit, then send out the next big mod post Friday or Saturday to move the story along. I may switch my posting schedule to Mondays and Fridays if we can keep this pace up.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

OOC: O.K. thanks for that clarification. Do you mind if I edit that other post?

-no thats fine, and I will edit Falris' response to you accordingly-
Alshar Calaelen

Equipment:
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

OOC: I don't think it's necessary, we'll live.
Seems as if everyone isn't so active though..

IC:
Well then, let's move to a place.. More suited for private business as of this kind. Shoo, shoo, you others aint gonna get a job. Get the hell away! We will take care of it, tssk.
Pesky vermins, worse than the rats in Naggaroth clinging to a dead slave.

With his last statement Euriel started shooing and waving away people. Wanting the job for himself and having no interest of further sharing his rewards. Thinking nothing, of the consequences of being rude or his agressive attitude.
~ Nag
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

OCC: Will posts continue to be at this level? And sorry this my first post, it's just something that is quite important...To me anyway.
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

OOC: What exactly do you mean by this level? And don't worry, if you can't post every day I can keep the once or twice a week posting schedule.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

OOC: I would like to keep this speed of posting though as I am quite active.
~ Nag
Kulte
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kulte »

ooc: i like the speed as well, but i think she means the length and current quality of the posts.
Kulte Darkwing
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

Alshar smiled at the site of all the murderers being "tssk"-ed away from the table. Most of them didn't seem to interested anyway, they were very quiet.

Maybe they know something we don't...
Alshar Calaelen

Equipment:
Kulte
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kulte »

Sentimental value. Kulte mentally sighed. Right, like a noble would ever hire mercenaries to reclaim something with only sentimental value. Hearing the other two at the table talking, he glanced at the one who had come to the noble right after him. Kulte watched amusedly at the idiot who was shooeing a bunch of probably-half-drunk mercenaries away.

Though they didnt seem to be reacting much, maybe they simply didnt care.
Or maybe their to drunk to do anything about it. Kulte turned away from that one and appraised the newest one at the table, the one who had tried to make a joke when he first spoke.
Seems strong, but it doesnt mean he has any skills. Kulte decided to judge later, after properly gauging what his capabilities were.

Turning back to the lord, Kulte answered hs question.
"Yes, I'm interested, but I want some more specifics, I dont like walking into things I'm not prepared for."
Kulte Darkwing
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Euriel was eyeing the two who were most likely to be his companions on this mission.

Hmm, they both look really.. Mysterious, wearing all those shady clothes, well who doesn't want to be secret in a rathole as such?
They both seem to be warriors, elves of the same proffesion as I, well isn't that nice. I guess I am the smart one here then, who actually got rid of all the vermin hanging round the table, tss.
Euriel thought to himself selfishly.

Why don't we just introduce us. The name's Euriel.
~ Nag