Warmaster models

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Javert
Beastmaster

Warmaster models

Post by Javert »

This is more of a question about the models themselves, rather than the game, so that's why I put it here.

Another thread in this forum directed me to the Warmaster miniatures, never played the game myself, and I doubt I ever will, but looking at the models, the prices just seem too good to be true. I understand that alot of the models are on "strands" so probably can't be used in actual Warhammer, but for example the Dark Elf character on Cold One Chariot, the base even looks the right size. However, I have the bad feeling, mainly suggested by some of the other races' models I've seen is that the models are really small, and not appropriate for Warhammer. Could anyone enlighten me on this subject?
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Krystalice2020
Dark Rider

Post by Krystalice2020 »

The models are way too small. They are poorly made. The rules for the game suck.

Don't support it.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

The models themselves are too small to be used as their warhammer counterparts. Some have found other uses for them however (Silver's use of Warmaster Chaos Harpies as Warhammer Dark Elf Harpies, for instance).
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

Warmaster is the fantasy version of Epic 40K. The minis are on a completely different scale to allow minis that would be too big in WHFB to be used in armies (e.g. the Titans in 40K and Epic) and to field full armies like the legendary like Finuvial Plain and the siege of Kislev etc....

U
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

KrystalIce2020 wrote:The models are way too small. They are poorly made. The rules for the game suck.

Don't support it.

Perfect exemple of how to make a bad post!

Anyway, I've bought 3 different models of Warmaster figurines:
High Elf Prince on Dragon - I used the Dragons as 'drakes' (Counts as Great Eagles), had to chop off the tiny miniature prince off and then greenstuff scales back on the best I could at the time with the skills I didn't have. It turned out alright, good size, impressive when you field them and people go "woah, do you have that many dragons?" heh.
A quick look at how they sized up compared to other models, the angle's a bit weird though ;x just dug up an old photo of my Asur.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Un ... ogress.jpg

The other model I bought were Great Eagles, trying to see how they were compared to the Fantasy ones - they turned out to be like.. 25% size maybe? They're real small but their wings can easily be used for converting models - I've seen it done on one robed space marine guy with a hood, had wings coming out of his back, was nice - not sure of what chapter or whatever its called - anyway, you could of course play them as Giant eagles in Fantasy, but would need all 3 of them (3 per blister) on one 40mm base to pass off as your 'Giant Eagles' otherwise it'd be silly on that base size.

And the last model I bought is of course my harpies, I love em, details aren't high but its fine for harpies! Hah!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Un ... Unit01.jpg

And to compare the size of models..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Un ... dHappy.jpg
So from that picture you can probably figure it out - that's how tall 'man-sized' models are.