How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

The first D.R.A.I.C.H. author team

Post by Calisson »

Hi mates!
Thank you all who volunteered and answered my PM.
According to your wishes, I would like to ask all of you to start your respective thread so that I can link the Table of Contents towards it.

D.R.A.I.C.H. sub-threads authors

Introduction to D.R.A.I.C.H. ................... Calisson

The units.............................................. Khel + Heartrender

The Characters ..................................... Aspiring Executioner

Units combining into an army................. Arnold Layne,

Druchii for the noob.............................. Izirath

Build a list from base modules.............. King Coombs #1

Classic Army Hall of Fame................... Nightblade183

Playing the game.................................. Almundis + Mr. Anderson + Archon_Matt + Darluith

Know your enemy................................. grez90 + Bikeninja

Complementary material....................... Tmr

Taking responsibility of a sub-thread...... Calisson

Comments........................................... all the Druchii.net community, of course!

Comments:

There were more volunteers than parts considered, which is excellent!

Two new parts were opened (base modules and noob). Just be careful not to overlap with similar parts. New other parts can be further considered if the need arises. If you wish to change the names, just let me know.

For several parts that may prove to be too big a workload, I would like to have a single designated person responsible for the coordination of the whole part.
That person may then designate some other persons to be responsible of sub-sub-threads linked to his part, or may ask them to help by doing specific tasks (for example, one may look for new threads, while another may theoryhammer at home).

In the list above, I put first the one I would like to take care of the whole mentioned D.R.A.I.C.H. sub-thread, followed (+) by the other ones that expressed an interest in the same topic and whose enthusiasm is needed as well.
Please PM to each other so as to organize the work as you wish among you. There is plenty to do.

A special consideration to tmr, who kindly offered help even if he is not an avid writer. I would like him to help me with the “complementary material”, less flamboyant than other parts but it should be essential as well, and it deserves its own sub-thread.

As for myself, I already took care of the introduction and I still supervise the whole project. I’ll try to leave the new authors as free as possible and we will see after a couple of weeks how it eveolves.

What comes next?

Explained here: Taking responsibility of a D.R.A.I.C.H. sub-thread

Basically, just go ahead and start your sub-thread with the title beginning with D.R.A.I.C.H.
Copy/paste the corresponding part of the general Table of Contents into your thread (preferably split in a dozen of separate posts, as it is bound to expand later on) and/or modify as you wish.
Read the links I already included, and copy/paste the good stuff you find in there into your thread (with a bit of re-writing).
Start writing articles, either by updating one of your thread’s posts, or by creating a new separate sub-sub-thread that you can link to your thread (or discard if it proves to be not so interesting as you wished).

If in the future I collect interesting threads I feel relevant to your part, I will post a reply in your sub-thread instead of updating my ToC as I did so far.
All the Druchii.net community is encouraged to to the same.
So you may find useful to keep track on your sub-thread of the non-D.R.A.I.C.H. threads you took into account.

Encourage everybody to participate.
If you divide your task in sub-groups, you can do it just in the same way as I did, by inserting a link to someone else’s sub-sub-thread.
Be aware that at the end f your thread, there may be some unwanted comments! If your thread is really successful, there should even be pages of comments you have no control on!

Overall, your participation into the D.R.A.I.C.H. project should be a good school for would-be moderators:
everyone will witness how you can take care of other people’s opinion and emulate interesting discussions.

Welcome aboard the D.R.A.I.C.H. project.
Last edited by Calisson on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Don't we need a D.R.A.I.C.H. thread for magic items too? With evaluations and suggested uses and such-the-like?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Magic is found in many topics:

- the units (baneers, 25pts objects for COK and BG)

- the characters (Gifts for Khainites - weapons and armors combos for warriors - arcane for sorceresses - BSB)
This will be the main place to discuss magic items.

- units combining into an army (as there is only a single magic item of each kind, you discuss there in which unit or character it is best to put).

- playing the game (all the tricks to make the best use of the object).

So a single magic is found inside several topics.

Of course, if the general feeling in D.net is that a section should be dedicated to a study of each specific item, it can be done. Then the chapter about characters would become less developed.
I will leave Aspiring Executioner to decide.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}