Nag's New Slaaneshi Druchii

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Kiryana Stromfury
Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Darkstar Cloak, Seal of Darkness (Seal of Ghrond), Dispel Scroll, Power Stone
360 Points

With her alone, I will have 7 power dice, and the ability to get 7-9 through the Power of Darkness spell. With the Power Stone I feel confident I don't need a second sorceress. She also supplies 5 dispel dice and one scroll, which should be enough defense with my AMD units. This sorceress will most probably join my RxB Warriors.
I'll be using this model.

Mhinah
Priestess (Death Hag), Battle Standard Bearer, Speed of Slaanesh (Rune of Khaine), Hand of Pleasure (Hand of Khaine), Cry of War, Banner of Delicious Torment (Banner of Hag Graef)
200 Points

She looks quite expensive, but most points are from items spread elsewhere in the last version. If you deduct the BSB and the Banner, you're down at 140pts. This pretty gal will join my Executioners and make my main block a lot more deadly. In that block I will have a bit of everything; if I face something with high toughness and lots of armour, the Executioners will rip them apart, while if I face some type of horde unit the Hag - with her 6-8 poisoned attacks - will rip them to shreds.

Mhanah
Priestess (Death Hag), Speed of Slaanesh (Rune of Khaine), Hand of Pleasure (Hand of Khaine), Altar of Excess (Cauldron of Blood)
240 Points

Mhinah's loyal twin sister. Almost identical items, but she got to guard the Altar of Excess instead of the Banner of Delicious Torment. This gal will make the Altar of Excess a hard-kicking war machine. Despite not having a banner anymore, these gals are as dangerous as before. 6-8 poisoned str4 attacks, plus 8 poisoned str3 attacks. Add the benefits of the Altar and you'll have a hard time breaking them. Stubborn, 4+ ward save, and the blessings...

20 Cultist Warriors
Druchii Warriors, Shields, Full Command Group
155 Points

Cheap slaves. I feel my army may need some cheap backbone which can contribute a lot of static CR when needed. I also want these guys as it gives me some plastic models and some painting and converting opportunities. Just looking at the shield designs in the book makes me drool :D

10 Cultist Marksmen
Druchii Repeater Crossbowmen, Shields, Guardmaster
115 Points

Main location for my supreme sorceress. Might move them forward to get in range, but will try to stay away from danger. The 4+ armour save is always handy. If I get a hill on my side and can play defence, these guys will most probably be there. Two ranks of shooting will hurt anything squishy.

5 Riding Scouts
Druchii Dark Riders, Musician
92 Points

5 Riding Scouts
Druchii Dark Riders, Musician
92 Points

No Dark Elf army is complete without the dual fast cav units. I contemplated adding RxB to one or both of these units, but the points started to run away for me. I feel I got a decent amount of shooting as it is, and I'm still not too fond of the RxB, despite the upgrades it has gotten.

6 Harpies of Pleasure
66 Points

6 Harpies of Pleasure
66 Points

Harpies! Lots and lots of Harpies! Now when the 0-1 restriction is lifted, I can finally use two units of these. These are great to use as annoyances, AMD, war machine hunting, and even killing enemy fast cav, flyers or light chariots (several Tiranoc Chariots have fallen to my harpies in the past). With a rather low magic defence (considering the new armies out there), these Harpies are necessary for me to get the upper hand.

6 Secret Seekers
Druchii Shades, Great Weapons
108 Points

At the same cost as our scouts, these are better. A lot better. Better weapon skill, better armour, higher strength, and the shooting is roughly the same (2x shots with armour piercing vs single 30" shot with no penalty for move & shoot). My playstyle includes a lot of harassing and annoying my opponent to death, and one cannot do that without some scouts. I thought about Tethlis suggestion about Great Weapons, and I agreed with it after some pondering. WS5 and hatred will sure land enough blows to make them worthwhile.

18 Cult Guards
Druchii Executioners, Full Command Group
246 Points

The main battle unit (MBU) of the army. Mhinah will join these gals (yes, it'll be an all-female army) to give them Always Strike First. I got a lot of strength 6 attacks with killing blow, and even more strength 4 attacks with poison. This unit is prepared for everything, I just need to keep it safe from shooting until it reaches combat (the Altar's 5+ ward save will come in handy). It has good static CR too, with 2 ranks, 2 banners and hopefully outnumber. Add ASF with powerful attacks to that and the enemy will not wanna charge the front. I'll find ways to protect my flanks.
As for the name, those who see the resemblance with VC Grave Guards and TK Tomb Guards will understand. GW + Killing Blow + Heavy Armour = Guards.

5 Cultist Cavalry
Druchii Cold One Knights
135 Points

The hammer unit. I don't fancy the new Cold One models, but the riders are awesome. And as these guys have dropped in price and been buffed in power, I can't really say no. They can operate far from the general and the Cauldron, and work good as flankers. The enemy won't like having a flank charged by 5 Cold One Knights. That's a lot more power than 5 Dark Riders. And he will thus divert a lot of shooting and magic their way. I'm fine with that as it keeps my less armoured units safe a bit longer. Cheap enough to be expendable, but powerful enough to not let the enemy ignore them.

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
200 Points

Long range power support. These are so self-explanatory that I don't even need to say more.

Beast of Slaanesh
Druchii Hydra
175 Points

With the points saved from stripping most units, and removing the chariot, I could afford this beauty. Seven attacks at strength 5 with hatred. Also something my opponent can't ignore, but it's also incredibly hard to kill the beast. It's also a great source of converting.

TOTAL: 2250 Points

--------------

Power Dice: 7 (+ Power of Darkness, + 1 Power Stone)
Dispel Dice 5 (+1 Scroll)
Models: 93 (+3 War machines)
Wounds: 107
Unit Strength: 112

~ Nag
Last edited by Nagathi on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

I like it all but the RxB. I would almost always prefer to have Shades now. Their BS5 means that they actually have a chance of hitting sometimes. /me is bitter.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

yeah, I like Shades too, but they're pricy as hell, and special. I also need a safe place for my Supreme Sorc to hide. She can't join the Khainite units, and I don't feel easy with having her in a combat unit without an assassin.

~ Nag
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

True. I'm working on version 3 of my Slaaneshi list and am gonna give Shades a try as my main shooters. Will let you know.

Only had one chance to test em and they were in a building. They did veery well.

I'm also considering a Master BSB with the Banner of Hag Graef and keeping the unit behind my lines as troubleshooters.