The Red Scourge - 1000pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sidorio
Assassin

The Red Scourge - 1000pts

Post by Sidorio »

This is what i plan on getting so far. All critisism is welcome and it is a corsiar force

Heroes

Master Sidorio=152
- Pair of Repeater Handbows
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Hydra Blade
- Blood Armour

Sorcerer Vaako=185 (one of the males, using a wood elf model)
- level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Darkstar Cloak

Core

15 Black Arc Corsairs=175
- Full Command

15 Black Arc Corsairs=175
- Full Command

10 Repeater Crossbowmen=110
- Guardmaster
- Shields

Special

5 Shades=108
- Additional Hand Weapons
- Blood Shade

Rare

Reaper Bolt Thrower=100

voila... this is the Red Scourge, plague of the ocean.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

There be pirates!

Nice list. But I would consider dropping corsair champions and RxB elves for 5 RxB DR with a muso. They are so usefull, and they are part of the raider forces. They do not deliver the amount of arrows as the RxB elves, but they have great usability. Alternatively you could drop the BT, buth then you could have a hard time against armoured opponents.

Your noble is a bit unusual. Handbows have only 8" range, but you can always stand and fire. I would consider dropping the handbows and the hydra blade, and instead give him a sword of might, and the amulet "you can't kill me". And if you find the points a DS.

HA, Shield, SDC gives only a +3 save, the reversed ward realy helps against high strength attacks. I l love having a hero that is hard to kill so he can challenge and stop kills to our softer rank and files.

But that is joust my advises.
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

i was thinking about doing something like that. i was gonna drop the repeater handbows and something else for the dark riders.
i used the hydra blade for my blood armour. wit ha possible 6 attacks he would be wrath incarnate. though the pendant would be fun. i have a friend who's gonna get ogres. there's also a bretonian player at my club who's addicted to knights and as smug as any bretonian noble.
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

The DR should be nice against the faster armies. I can see the points on the hydra blade blood armor combo but you need someone with higher strength. He should be designed to the way you are going to use him. If he is with executioners then he is not likely to get the charge and a good save and a sword of might could be good. If he is riding with DR so can a combo like +3 str lance and enchanted shield be deadly :twisted: .

Alternatively you could keep blood armor and give him dagger of hotek (ADH ASF). But then he needs to be on foot and without a shield (starting only with a +4 save). But he have 4 str 4 ASF attacks.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I think you could definitely benefit from adding a more maneuverable unit or a hard hitting unit. Thus, I would say find points for either a chariot or a unit of 5 dark riders with crossbows. Their prices are roughly equivalent by 10-15 points.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

i will edit it a bit, thats why its on here... so i can get some advice for it. when i get to 2250 pts, my master will be a dreadlord with a bodyguard of either excecutioners or black guard.