GW how to paint Cold Ones

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Narius phinshredder
Executioner

GW how to paint Cold Ones

Post by Narius phinshredder »

Just spotted that the GW site has updated it's DE page, there's a how to guide for painting the new COK! (Thank God)
Greynightmare
Warrior

Post by Greynightmare »

ah hah, awesome thanks for the info :D
Currently... On Campaign please leave your message after the tone and my cold one will get back to you... RAWR!!!
Greynightmare
Warrior

Post by Greynightmare »

lol, corsairs and tactics new too?
Currently... On Campaign please leave your message after the tone and my cold one will get back to you... RAWR!!!
Dark host
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dark host »

Nice spot. Thanks for the update
Narius phinshredder
Executioner

Dark Host wrote:Nice spot. Thanks for the update

Why thank you!
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

How about a link?
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Macknight
Beastmaster

Post by Macknight »

"It's hell of a thing to kill a man, you take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna."

Lord of Gluttony, former active member of the 7.
Emperorpenguin
Cold One Knight

Post by Emperorpenguin »

haha it says in the tactica that Cold Ones have 2 attacks each! :roll:

Not only do the knights have a basic Strength of 4, but the Cold Ones do too, and two attacks to boot
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

emperorpenguin wrote:haha it says in the tactica that Cold Ones have 2 attacks each! :roll:

Not only do the knights have a basic Strength of 4, but the Cold Ones do too, and two attacks to boot

Yes...hello clear evidence of a last minute nerf. Too bad they really would be irrestible with new models, hatred and A2 on the cold ones.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

emperorpenguin wrote:haha it says in the tactica that Cold Ones have 2 attacks each! :roll:

wow! if the cold ones did have 2 attacks each I would definitely take them! haha

too bad they changed it back to 1. :(
Narius phinshredder
Executioner

Just started painting my first of the new Cold ones according to the GW how to guide. I can't make it out but I think there's an error in the base coat painting so I sort of made up my own technique.

Base the scale section in Orkhide shade and the belly section in a 1:1 mix of Knarloc green and Calthan brown. Drybrush the scales with Knarloc green and the belly with a 1:1 mix of Gretchin green and Iyanden Darksun. Leave the scales although you could always mix a bit of Gretchin with the Knarloc to add more of a highlight. Work up the highlighting on the belly using the Iyanden Darksun till it's just that. Finally use a Thraka green wash over the whole model (Obviously not the saddle etc...). For a nice contrast I painted the saddle and reigns in Calthan brown (I saw this on a post already) then washed with Devlan mud. When the model is finished i'll try and upload a pic. Believe me I was REALLY surprised how good it looks. Especially as i've never really tried the Foundation paints for drybrushing. (I never drybrush... until now)
Narius phinshredder
Executioner