New Warriors of Chaos list will include...

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ukko
Shade

New Warriors of Chaos list will include...

Post by Ukko »

A few people have mentioned the future WoC book but no one's mentioned the rumours confirmed by Harry and Hastings over on warseer (both damn solid sources) as far as I know, so here goes

Core:
Warriors
Marauders
Chosen
Horsemen*
Spawn*
Hounds*

Special:
Knights
Chariot
Ogres
Trolls
semi-spawn unit

Rare:
Giant
Hellcannon
Shaggoth
Dragon Ogres
War altar

Now they never said the war altar technically, just insinuated that it was in. The core/special/rare positioning is NOT definite either - I just put them there based on tone and hunches for the sake of convenience.

Warriors have chaos armour, 2 attacks and cost 15 points (said to be without shield "IIRC"). No such thing as chosen knights anymore but it looks like all knights will probably have the stats of the current chosen (a bit speculative here). Also explicitly stated that there's NO skirmishers, cultists or flyers.

So there you go - the whole thread is here
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.ph ... ost2831980
but it's quite long, good stuff being from about page 46 on (give or take).

What ye reckon?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Crunching combat army of the apocalypse it is, then :D. Spawn as a core choice could be interesting, particularly as units like harpies and furies have become core.

If the basic warriors have 2A/Chaos armour, Chosen would have to be something very special. I'd really like basic warriors to be utterly badass, but somehow I don't see it happening to that degree.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

you can take a shaggoth in a warriors army now? interesting. Now i am having ideas for a possible future chaos army once again ;)
Ukko
Shade

Post by Ukko »

Rork wrote:Spawn as a core choice could be interesting, particularly as units like harpies and furies have become core.

Yeah - spawn being core is not a solid part of the rumours though, merely an educated guess based on tone/posts ignored so I wouldn't get too set on that yet (but it would be absolutely brilliant).
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i still don't like the fact that chaos are three armies. it has just ruined them for me. would be nice to see special and core units from other chaos armies appear as rare choices or something like that.... not going to happen though :(

However they look like they've got a real nice rare selection! Any news on characters? would be nice to see a cheap marauder character, but again not sure how likely it is. in the current stand in list there is a 'lesser' hero that can be field as such.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Ukko
Shade

Post by Ukko »

Mr_PieChee wrote: Any news on characters? would be nice to see a cheap marauder character, but again not sure how likely it is. in the current stand in list there is a 'lesser' hero that can be field as such.

Well there is someone saying that there's a new hero and lord level character but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

well, looks like a good excuse to dust off my warriors and knights from my cult of slaanesh days. Looks very nice, imho.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Post by Godless-mimicry »

Ah excellent, another forum open for me to spread the word of Chaos.
The list as far:

Core
Warriors
Marauders
Horsemen
Hounds

Special
Knights
Chariots
Chosen Warriors
Trolls
Ogres
Dragon Ogres

Rare
Spawn
Giant
Hellcannon
Shaggoth

Unknown Slot
Forsaken

There is a great likely hood that the War Alter will be the final entry to the
above list and will probably be a rare choice.

As far as heroes go, no new generic heroes or lords, but a wealth of new
special characters, which include different versions of Archaon from
different points of his campaign (much like Manfred in VC), a female
Khorne Daemon Prince, a Marauder Champion called Wulfrik, a Troll King
who allows you to field an entire army of monsters, and a Shaggoth
character whos name I can't remember, but he is the 2nd oldest Shaggoth
in existance.
-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

I've been following the Warseer thread (never ever posting on warseer...shudder...juvenile board but good for rumors) and the various threads on TWF.

It looks like Chaos has a chance to remain fun to play with and against. I am still wondering about the price point for warriors at 16 pts (with shield) but am hoping the rest of the list will help them out and allow them to be viable.

The new maruader horse models look very good.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Aginor26
Executioner

Post by Aginor26 »

I would be surprised if the Warriors are 16ppm with shields. Its just excessive for a core choice and doesnt leave a lot of room to play around. I also would like to see warriors become utterly badass. One of my best friends is stuck with the current WD rules for chaos and doesnt even play the list anymore. Since the new DE book came out i'd like to see some equally good if not greater boosts to the chaos list to make our games competitive again.
"Walk softly, and carry a big gun."
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Mr_PieChee wrote:i still don't like the fact that chaos are three armies. it has just ruined them for me. would be nice to see special and core units from other chaos armies appear as rare choices or something like that.... not going to happen though :(

Well Elves have three armies, and there are two armies full of skeletons, it just depends on what "flavour" you want. Although I was P.Oed when daemons separated, right after I started my 40k chaos :x

I also heard the Chaos nights were getting new plastic models as well.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Aginor26 wrote:I would be surprised if the Warriors are 16ppm with shields. Its just excessive for a core choice and doesnt leave a lot of room to play around. I also would like to see warriors become utterly badass. One of my best friends is stuck with the current WD rules for chaos and doesnt even play the list anymore. Since the new DE book came out i'd like to see some equally good if not greater boosts to the chaos list to make our games competitive again.

I'm afraid you will need to get ready to be suprised. It is pretty much confirmed that they will be A2 and be 15 pts with a shield option at +1 pt per model. I agree is is excessive for a core choice unless the rest of list/AWR and other effects such as marks support them sufficiently. We may still see maruader foot in preference to warriors at this price point two attacks or not.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Chaos Warriors will have the stats of the current Chosen Warriors
and will be 15pts basic, 1pt for a shield. That's confirmed.

Though they are still expensive, it's 5pts cheaper per model than
the previous book for this stat line, and is no longer 0-1.
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: New Warriors of Chaos list will include...

Post by Sulla »

ukko wrote:
What ye reckon?

I reckon I like the idea of an army based on marauders, marauder horse, trolls and spawn. Looking forward to the book.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

bikeninja wrote:Well Elves have three armies, and there are two armies full of skeletons, it just depends on what "flavour" you want. Although I was P.Oed when daemons separated, right after I started my 40k chaos :x

You can't compare elves to chaos! elves are sworn enemies of each other. chaos are three forms of the same idea. they all fight for the same thing and all benefit from each other.

Anyway... 16pt warriors isn't that bad... there stats will be awesome! remember marauders are something like 5pts, they act as cannon fodder and the warriors wreak havoc... its how it should be!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

The new maruader horse models look very good.

will you share them with us(pics please)

woohoo cheap cav. for everyone( cheap as in money that is)

edit: YEAH this briliant post, just made me a shade!
what do i get, what do i get????
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Here are the new Marauder Horsemen minis:

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.ph ... 1218029928

The first wave, and the contents of the spearhead:

5 plastic Chaos Knights
5 plastic Marauder Horsemen
10 plastic Chaos Hounds
10 metal Chosen Warriors
Undivided Champion on horse
Undivided Champion on foot
Khorne Champion on Juggernaut
Khorne Champion on foot
Nurgle Sorcerer on foot
Slaanesh Champion on foot

Second wave is said to have a plastic Chariot, and a large plastic kit
that is said to be the rumoured War Alter.
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Riverrat
Shade

Post by Riverrat »

i wonder how much Marks would cost? theres a rumor that Mark of Slaanesh would give ASF. Imagine core warriors S4 T4 WS5 2A great weapon chaos armor with ASF... urgh. They better be pricey.

i also kinda don't like how every army after High Elves can have some form of ASF rule. Is it really necessary?
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

thanx, they do look awesome,
allmost gave my chaos up because of the split up.
i think i'll hold on to them just yet
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

RiverRat wrote:i wonder how much Marks would cost? theres a rumor that Mark of Slaanesh would give ASF. Imagine core warriors S4 T4 WS5 2A great weapon chaos armor with ASF... urgh. They better be pricey.

i also kinda don't like how every army after High Elves can have some form of ASF rule. Is it really necessary?

I hope this is wrong. The HE ary wide is enough ASF in the game. DoC already have the ASF rule for Slaasnesh Herald and they pass this ability to daemonettes via their "locus". DE have a banner that provides it to one unit and assassins. How far will GW go with this? Enough already with ASF I say.

What the marks do and the costs of the marks is certainly a huge factor in whether the 15 pt warriors (16 with shields) are worthwhile. ASF is so good on T3 elves that if they include it for slaanesh warriors it will be just about an automatic a choice as exists in the game. Chaos Armor wearng S4, T4 A2 warriors that ASF will be hard as hell.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Not to mention after you arm them with Great Weapons. So you
would have 11 ASF S6 attacks for about 200pts. That would be nice.
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Godless-Mimicry wrote:Not to mention after you arm them with Great Weapons. So you
would have 11 ASF S6 attacks for about 200pts. That would be nice.

I notice you don't dispel this rumor. As a long time chaos mortals player I hope the ASF rule from the Slaanesh mark is not correct.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Seems likely.

Also, here is something else for everybody to munch on:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/chao ... os.jpg?o=1
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Vodrake
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Vodrake »

Ive been told (a few times) that chaos warriors are gonna be WS6, just to let you know, and that the marks will (unfortunately) be very similar to the white dwarf marks, which is a real shame since i used to love my tzeentch army. So dont worry about the ASF to much, although they will probably have a banner that does it since everybody else seems to, or at the least an item you can give a hero.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Vodrake,

I have seen several "confirmations" on various fori from people that have previously been reliable sources of rumors that warriors are not WS6. I am not sure I can find much comfort in your post.