Half-Elves

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

I could see both views being relatively commonplace, there would be some who would do it without hesitation and others that would view in on a par with rutting with an animal.

As for the Darkbalde example it does well to remember that his immediate family only Bruglir and Isilvar struck me as remotely "normal".
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Mandavar bloodlust
Warrior

Post by Mandavar bloodlust »

A half elf bastard would in my eyes only possible with HEs or WEs. The hate and dispense the Druchii feel for other races and, even for their other brothers and sisters, makes it really impossible to think a Druchii would have a child with a human that lives a little longer than the first 5 minutes.

You wouldnt also visit your next animal park watching the chimpanses, choosing the "best looking" female (or male), jump over the fence, kidnapp the ape of your dreams (mention the surprised mimik in the face of the ape :shock: ), take the next fligth to Las Vegas, marry her (him) and found a family with her (him) !lol! ..?!.

But hey its you who buys the minis, assemble them and plays with it, so you can do whatever you want to do whatever the fluff says. 8)
- Its not allowed to feed your Cold One with more than three High Elfes per day, (remember all the itzy bitzy things on their clothes, hair, and skin) to avoid sickness of your Cold One.
- Druchii Cold One Field Manual Chapter 3, Page 73.
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

You wouldnt also visit your next animal park watching the chimpanzees, choosing the "best looking" female (or male)...

I rest my case *facepalm*:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/ ... arison.jpg
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
General ravensong
Trainee Warrior

Post by General ravensong »

unless you're going to try to argue that you can take brettonian equipment on your dreadlord, I don't see why anyone would complain about it. I'd also like to point out that you'll be hard pressed to find a fantasy world where humans and elves cant have offspring, because as far as I can remember, the half-elf is one of the most popular (if useless) races in most fantasy games.
I could easily see a sorceress or dreadlord spawning a few half humans simply because humans mature faster. And in the end, when you're just as worried about a knife in your back as a lance in your chest, a personal bodyguard of your own children sounds like a damn good idea to me, especially if those children know that if you die, they lose the only political protection they have, because, lets face it, with all the armies with hate vs. army X, I'd imagine growing up African American/Caucasian in middle of nowhere Georgia.

That said. There are all kinds of reasons for a half-elf to be running around in Naggaroth.
-mayhaps said Dreadlord isn't exactally the most potent sharpie in the marker drawer, and mayhaps his wife, partner, consort, whatever wants him to at least THINK, he's going to have an heir...
-reversed, perhaps the dreadlords consort doesn't have the most fertile fields in the frozen wasteland.
-Its a long, lonely trip from the shores of the lands of men back to naggaroth. And she's probably going to be sacrificed on an alter anyway... I'm just sayin... no one ever has to know.
-Perhaps your sire was the ugliest SoB to ever fall out from between a witch elves legs. I imagine he would be a very frustrated little druchii.
-Dirty deeds, done dirt cheep.
As far as your army goes, I say go for it, and if you have a different explaination for every time someone asks you how that could have possibly happened, kudos to you.
Funny, we complain that we're too fragile...
you complain that we're broken...
Lord of ruin
Slave on the Altar

Post by Lord of ruin »

I would like to point out that the followers Slaanesh are a whole different subject initself when it comes to pleasure. And while DE are decadent and predatory as you say, they are also extremly proud. And for this reason alone I would seriously doubt interracial breeding. Now dont get me wrong, I do not want to rule it out as a possiblity, for there certaintly are some situations where it might happen. Take for an example the corsairs, who are on sea for many weeks withouth any DE women. But i think it would be such a taboo in Naggaroth at least that most druchii would be detered by that fact alone, even it they were considering it or maybe just plain horny. It would certaintly be quite an embarassment politicaly if it were ever to come out, and as we all know DE are in a continual power struggle with basically everybody. But who knows? Maybe it would be a fetish in certain circles.
Blood
Blood for my House
Blood for Me
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

Going back to the 'Darkblade' books, having relations of that sort with slaves is not scandalous to DE. It's one of those distasteful practices that is tolerated, much like prostitution. Flesh houses are staffed by humans for the most part and given the name I doubt serving drinks is all they do for the patrons. Isilvar practically lived there before his fall from grace... It also states clearly that Malus had flesh slaves sent to him along with other servants who dressed him etc. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what the former were for :? ...
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

Heartrender wrote:what... you mean to tell me you have not heard of the Dwelves? Do you not know the deepest darkest secret kept in the warhammer world is the race planned for the next army book, a rare breed of half elf half dwarf warriors. With all the height of an elf and the shortness of a dwarf, the agility of an elf and the toughness of a dwarf. The hybrid offspring of Crone and Gotrek? ... why i ought to start collecting them straight away. ;)

Wait that sounds like a Awesome Idea! I could see it now!

Evil army ideas aside, I am quite interested on the idea of Half Druchii, certienly it not touch on in gW's work at all.

I would agree that they should rather rare and they generally end up offered to Khaine. That might leave the chance for Witch elves and Assassins with human blood perhaps. Still some one in a bind about a heir might be much less picky.

I have always found GW reluctice about Half-breed to largely be about game style it isn't a roleplaying game first, it a war game, with Stat blocks. What you call your army is your business.

If you have Pleasure slaves you will have kids at some point. In worlds where stuff is created whole not a product of evolution, who can say.

I really think the Chimp arguement is stupid, since pretty sure that most human males would jump a Druchii female if they got the chance. Heck part of the tactical value of Witch Elves is that distraction value [fluff-wise]
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Zakharra
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zakharra »

Ramaj wrote:Judging from Darkblade alone I wouldn't *snort*. For a DE it would be as much about dominance as physical gratification. These people are decadent and predatory in the extreme. While I doubt many DE women would engage in this practice, there would be a few. Morathi once took a handsome Slaaneshi warlord as a lover, not just ally. But the males? Please. A good number of DE men wouldn't think twice about forcing themselves on a comely enough human slave. They'd be pickier about who they would lay with but you are forgetting that certain human women are very attractive indeed, some even moreso than your average elf woman! I've always found the monkey comparison to be nonsensensical because humans and elves are, as far a superficial physical appearances go, extremely similar.

This *points up* DEs might think of them like cattle, but humans can do things no animal can do. They are trainable and their souls are valuable. I doubt Khaine would appreciate of the people began to sacrifice cow on his alter. He wants sentient souls. That means, DE, Asur, dwarven and human souls.

Plus it's got to be a thrill to take a attractive female(or male) to their bed for a night's pleasure. DE can also mean decadent elves, which they certainly are.
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

I'm not so sure that Khaine wouldn't appreciate the sacrifice of a useful non-sentient creature.

Obviously not a cow, but a noble parting with their favourite Cold One that has shed blood in many battles could be considered a greater show of devotion than a random human slave.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Some people are taking the chimp argument out of context. Yes, humans can do things no animal can do, their souls are brighter in the aether, etc. but we are talking about an entirely different species here. The elves of warhammer have totally alien mindsets that GW has stated cannot fully be understood by humans. The only references we have for determining how Druchii would view humans as potential mates comes from their views on the other races of the world in general ie. tools, bests of burden, means to an end, and nothing more.

That said, it's impossible to say that some would or wouldn't use humans as pleasure slaves. I'm inclined to think that the general goings on in a nobles house are generally kept secret for fear of a rival exploiting any knowledge they can gather, and I know the elves of my army would ruthlessly hound a noble who was caught with a human.

As far as half elves are concerned, I doubt they're possible. Humans and elves probably aren't genetically compatible in the warhammer world, otherwise we probably would have seen some half-breed offspring by this point. The warhammer world is old as hell in it's own timeline remember.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:As far as half elves are concerned, I doubt they're possible. Humans and elves probably aren't genetically compatible in the warhammer world, otherwise we probably would have seen some half-breed offspring by this point. The warhammer world is old as hell in it's own timeline remember.

Arquinsiel wrote:Gilead's Blood contains one half-elf. Apparently they favour the human side of the family with a slight delicacy of features. IE: they pass as human even to elves.
We have seen them, by the same person who wrote the Darkblade books. It's pretty clear cut.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Chain
Executioner

Post by Chain »

What if a Witchelf went to far on one of her unssafe days?

Granted Mummy would had killed Daddy.
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:As far as half elves are concerned, I doubt they're possible. Humans and elves probably aren't genetically compatible in the warhammer world, otherwise we probably would have seen some half-breed offspring by this point. The warhammer world is old as hell in it's own timeline remember.

At this point I like to point out that out picture of the Warhammer world is a grat deal of highly coloured information from army books, Fluff bocks and novels. As a whole this is like looking at a 10000 piece puzzle with only 1000 pieces. Our picture is very incomplete further coloured because we don't get facts but very coloured views.

Real Human history has proven that what is acceptable can widely very from place to place and even through time in the same place. Stands to reason that Dirchii society would do the same,.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

I personally prefer Warhammer as one of the few fantasy settings where all the humanoids can't crossbreed.

That said I don't care enough to discourage someone else doing something with it, but then I don't bat an eyelid at Drow armies etc.
Stormbringer ruler
Corsair

Post by Stormbringer ruler »

Half elves are possible, in fact theres one in the the book "Gileads Blood", by Dan Abnett. And theres another, son of the druchii called "Black Prince", in another book of the bounty hunter series. Theres no compatibility trouble.

In Naggaroth they may exist as slaves, why not... but a higborn probably will never let a human slave to give birth, except if she is a valued concubine (an extremely beauty human woman), in that case the half- blood son could live as an "elite" slave with certain privileges.
Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

– The Nemedian Chronicles
Mandavar bloodlust
Warrior

Post by Mandavar bloodlust »

Its just the same with the army book in the 6th ed. when many people started to think and discuss about using slaves at the battlefield. One guy wrote something and im sure he never thought about the impact he/she made with this one or two sentences.

What I wanted to express is: humans are for Druchii worth sh.. ! I cant imagine a Druchii with their masterrace attitude having a child with a human and even if a human rapes a Witch Elve (poor guy) im pretty sure she even throw herself downstairs or kill her a thousand times before the ninth month is over so.... pretty unthinkable. From my point of view you wouldnt have a child with an ape. Why? Its just unthinkable and the druchii are looking down on every other race, even on HEs and WEs, like they are only cattles, apes, preys or whatever. IF you think you are a member of a masterrace you wouldnt see them as equals its just that easy.

But again if someone wants to field a army of half druchiis, half dwarfs, half whatevers in his gameclub so why not? Your money, your minis, your friends, your rules.
- Its not allowed to feed your Cold One with more than three High Elfes per day, (remember all the itzy bitzy things on their clothes, hair, and skin) to avoid sickness of your Cold One.
- Druchii Cold One Field Manual Chapter 3, Page 73.
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

To live as a half elf would be very hard if one of your parents was a druchii as if anyone found out you would be killed, that is if your parent didn't do it as sson as they found out. So fluff wise it is possible, but it would be one of the false elves who would further pollute the race name by making an abomination and not dealing with it properly.

-crazyhorse
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Zakharra
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zakharra »

Mandavar Bloodlust wrote:What I wanted to express is: humans are for Druchii worth sh.. ! I cant imagine a Druchii with their masterrace attitude having a child with a human and even if a human rapes a Witch Elve (poor guy) im pretty sure she even throw herself downstairs or kill her a thousand times before the ninth month is over so.... pretty unthinkable. From my point of view you wouldnt have a child with an ape. Why? Its just unthinkable and the druchii are looking down on every other race, even on HEs and WEs, like they are only cattles, apes, preys or whatever. IF you think you are a member of a masterrace you wouldnt see them as equals its just that easy.

Druchii look at humans as animals, but as a different type than real animals. They might consider themselves the 'Master race', but they still have urges, and raping captured women is something that they are very likely to do. To prove their dominance over the captives. Besides killing the captives (which is worthless in the long run if you just captured them and have not gotten back home yet), dominating the women like that is a very good way to break their spirit. They're also likely to take the most exotic/beautiful ones as slave-concubines. Druchii have one hell of an attitude, but they are flesh and blood and slavers.