2000pts list close combat heavy list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Breakfiend
Slave (off the Altar)

2000pts list close combat heavy list

Post by Breakfiend »

I have recived mixed opinions of this list, some love it some hate it. Whats your opinion?

General:
Dreadlord+armour of eternal servitude+crimson death+pendant of Khaeleth+sea dragon cloak+ cold one
271pts

Heroes:

Death Hag+Couldren of Blood 200pts

Sorceress+ Dispel scroll 125pts

Core:
Harpies x5 55pts

Black Ark corsairs x20 +full command +war banner 250pts

Dark riders+repeater crossbows+musician 107pts

Black ark Corsairsx10+repater handbows 100pts

Assasin+Rune of Khaine+ touch of death 145pts

Special:

Cold one Chariot 100pts

Cold one knights x5+full command 175pts

Black guard x18+champion+standard bearer+ standard of Hag Graef 296pts

Rare:

War hydra 175pts

The setup is all the big close combat blocks (black guard,hydra, knights, corsairs, chariot) really close to each other at the front, the couldren sits back to power units up and help protect some of the defensily weaker ones (eg black guard) to get them into combat.
While the faster units go hunting for stragglers and war machines.
The sorceress sits in the corsair unit while the general is placed in the black guard unit. This actually makes the black guard alot more effective, making them cause fear and adding +2 to my generals otherwise low armour save.
I know I lack a few things (2nd dipel scroll, 2nd assasin hand weapon) but I was very very short on points when I had got everything I needed. If someone could find a way to free some points up I would be grateful.
Gordon Brown ate my pension....and my hat!
Sabreur
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sabreur »

Your Dark Riders should be 117 pts, which makes it even harder to free up points

Easiest way is to drop the cold one off your lord, since he's in blackguard, he doesn't need it (not to mention, you have great ward save and regen...you don't need a good armour save to be tough).

That doesn't get you anything more than handweapon for assassin, so either switch dispel scroll for seal of ghrond (since you now have pts) or drop 2 corsairs from big unit for the 2nd scroll (seems the least loss)
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

Drop some comand from the CoKs. They are 5 and to smal to justify FC.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Drop the caddy, she will not be very useful. Add in the Ring of Hotek on either CoK or BG. Give the Assassin Black Lotus for a very good chance of getting KB and add in some more Harpies or DR. List looks good otherwise, good luck. You may question just the Ring for magic defense but it has saved me from an onslaught of a 2nd Generation Slann along with numerous other wizards.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

The problem with joust the RoH is VC and OK. They can cast magic on one dice and ignoring the ring. So ceep the caddy.

But you can drop RxBs from the DRs. The DRs are for hunting and combat support, not shooting.

And give the assasin a additional handweapon.
Breakfiend
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Breakfiend »

Thanks for the cool replies, I had a chat with another DE player at my local GW and he sudgested dropping the sorceress for a master with 2 null talismens and dropping the knight unit for 2 extra chariots. Good advice?

I myself can see the chariots working well, 2 on one flank next too each other for a powerful double charge and the other sitting on the other flank.
Gordon Brown ate my pension....and my hat!