Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 7:14 am



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Reviving the Cult of Slaanesh 

Should we remake the Cult of Slaanesh list?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 40 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 60

Reviving the Cult of Slaanesh 
Author Message
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm
Posts: 337
Location: Leeds/Preparing to raid the south
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dreadlords and Dreadladies, Corsairs and Corserinas, Warriors and... I should stop now.

I have a proposition for you! Let's remake the Cult of Slaanesh list, in the light of the new army book.

I always loved the Slaaneshii fluff for the druchii and I know that many people are in the same boat as me. I was heartbroken when the storm of chaos ended and there were no more chaos elves...

So what I propose is that we do a communal website project (as with the druchii warband) to redo the CoS list. Even if it will be unofficial, I think people will still enjoy playing it.

So do you think that its a good idea or do you think that I should be sent off to the executioners for succumbing to the lure of chaos?


Thanks,

heat

_________________
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod


Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 am
Posts: 30
Location: Sweden
Post 
I think it's a great idea, and with the new Warriors of Chaos book coming out shortly I think we could create a pretty good 7th edition Cult of Slaanesh. Heck if it's not made here I'll probably make such a list myself anyway!


Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:11 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:48 am
Posts: 651
Location: N/A
Post 
It was always a fun idea and I would like to see the option come back. This time we have more to work off of than with the warbands.

-crazyhorse

P.S. I am a Highborn or Noble, I REFUSE to be a dread lord, I am no dark eldar.

_________________
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.


Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:19 am
Profile
Shade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 109
Post 
I'd love to see it! And how about some artwork and fluff to go along with it? Why not recreate all the elements of an official GW book?

Not that I'm capable of that, but surely someone on Druchii.net...


Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 am
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:13 pm
Posts: 842
Post 
I would love to see a return of the list. I would recommend using as many of the elements from the original list as possiable. I notice that none of the people voting against have said why.

_________________
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak


Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 75
Post 
I'd love it see it remade- heck, as Vicinity said. If none will be made, I'll probably make one myself. Druchii anointed are just too brutal to turn down.

Any willing great fluff-makers? :D


Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:03 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:34 pm
Posts: 655
Location: Back in the UK
Post 
I'd love for the Cult Of Pleasure to make an official reappearance. To be honest the only thing currently missing (in my opinion) is the Anointed.

I only ever ran with Elves and Daemons anyway (I never used warriors or knights) and I'll happily throw down an army of each in their current guise using the WFB Apocalypse style rules printed in WD a few months ago as allies.

These rules mean there is nothing stopping anyone fielding exactly what they want as long as they can justify it to their opponent. Failing that you could always stick with the Storm of Chaos book and rules, as anyone who would willingly play against you using a home grown list is just as likely to play against you using an older compatible list in a published book.

Cheers

Vogon

P.S. While i've been typing there is an option which may work How about a counts as army with Hellebron as the general (annointed) which will then allow Witch Elves to be taken as core for use as devoted? Just another random thought.

_________________
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**


Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm
Profile
Executioner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 186
Location: Denmark...land of chill
Post 
It would be a great opportunity to unite Warriors of Chaos with Daemons again...and with Druchii of course.

KOS and Daemonettes are a must in such a list. Masque of Slaanesh?


Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 459
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt
Post 
Heck yes! I miss my Cult so much :cry: Even if there would be no daemons and chaos mortals, just give me back my anointed, slaanesh magic, ItP, devoteds and fluff! Even with the new dark elves I still miss it so much...

So yes, lets make a good list and then send it to GW so they will see how things are properly done! :lol:


Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm
Posts: 337
Location: Leeds/Preparing to raid the south
Post 
Ahhh excellent, I see the presence of Slaanesh is strong with these ones! Most excellent.

So yeah I ma definitely up to the challenge of remaking the list. However it might be wise to wait for the new chaos warrior release before starting the real work.

So to give the rundown of what might need or need not to be changed that much:

- Special rules: those seem to be still okay, so I reckon we need to only do minor alterations.
- Magic items: Could do with some new shineys me thinks. New demonic gifts, and new items should be made. Not too powerful/cheesy or ridiculous obviously.
- The actual army list will need quite a rehaul I think.
We'll need new rules for Annointed, Devoted. And we'll need to update the relevant unit entries due to the new armybooks.


Also as an idea which Mr. tibbs has given me, why don't we write a whole armybook? With fluff and artwork. And publish it on the web? I know I'm thinking big, but hey druchii.net does the herald and that's a pretty good publication, so why can't we do an armybook?


Anyway to let floodgates be open, we should discuss what needs to be changed from the old list. Maybe people will have ideas about new units? Also who else likes the CoS armybook idea? I know that there are a lot of talented writers and artists on the forums. =)

Go forth and discuss!

_________________
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod


Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:21 pm
Profile
Shade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm
Posts: 109
Post 
I'm seeing a lot of support for Chaos mortals, specifically Knights. I think they shouldn't be included in this new list.

Why not make a true Dark Elf CoS list--one featuring Dark Elves, Demons, and the corrupt combinations of the two. Maybe one that even harkens back to the days of the OG Cult of Slaanesh and the corrupted courts of Ulthuan during Aenerion's reign.

None of these brute-ish humans. I think the list's new incarnation should be about character, and that character should focus on speed and finesse--not big burly guys on giant horses (or on foot). Want Slaaneshi cavalry? Corrupt the Cold One Knights! Now THAT would be cool.

Just remember, all things in moderation! ;)


Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:57 pm
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm
Posts: 337
Location: Leeds/Preparing to raid the south
Post 
Yeah I agree with mr tibbs there. Chaos is supreme, but should be kept separate. Lets not have the humies spoil our fun. Chaos mortals just don't really fit with druchii in terms of playing styles.

Daemons and sorceresses are a go go though. Corrupted cavalry... elves on the steeds of Slaanesh? My trouble with cold ones is that while they could be trained by cultists, they would be too easy to find. And very few trained CoK nobles would openly ally with the cult. So maybe a 0-2 restriction or something like that, or make the CoK and CoC rare? As the cult is pushed for resources?


Also maybe we should have some sort of artefact thing, like the cauldron, but Slaaneshi. Maybe include a fiend of Slaanesh as a new monster?

_________________
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod


Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 pm
Profile
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm
Posts: 75
Post 
mr. tibbs wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of support for Chaos mortals, specifically Knights. I think they shouldn't be included in this new list.


Agreed. Who'd want those sweating barbarians amongst them? :roll:

Druchii and daemons would be great together, no mortals needed. And yes, I believe a lot of the DE mounts/monsters would have to go, since as you say, the cultists have to keep their heads down in society. I think Dark riders shouldn't be restricted.. but I'd make the CoK a 0-1 choice. Should the riders be warriors or cultists?

How about harpies, since they're said to be the spirits of witch elves? Naah nevermind, include them :roll: the hydra is a no-no for me, though.

How about a kind of Slaaneshi-counter to the CoB, giving different kinds of blessings or casting spells? Or something different? Even if no rules would be made for it, it would be really fun to create an Altar of flesh as a centrepiece. :D


Last edited by Matricide on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:27 am
Profile
Trainee Warrior

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:57 am
Posts: 49
Post 
I would love to see the list remade, mostly because the anointed is the only character in the whole game that I ever thought of as being me when I played games.

_________________
Kids in the back of cars don't cause accidents.
Accidents in the back of cars cause kids.


Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:37 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 pm
Posts: 1076
Location: Québec
Post 
I guess I'll be the first to post against the idea because I don't see the point of the Cult of Slaanesh. I just don't understand why playing Slaanesh with Dark Elves. If you don't like the Dark Elves and prefer Slaanesh, go play Chaos, you'll get your Cult of Slaanesh with official rules.

Sorry but I just don't get the point of that 6th edition list and I was really glad when it was obsolete in the 7th because the list isn't about Druchii but about Chaos with some Dark Elves within it.

We have a really nice army book and yet you want something else? I just don't get you guys. I really don't understand why you would want to recreate something nice as our army book. Go play with High Elves, you'll see that the army is strong but boring to play with, while our is strong and fun to play with.

_________________
And the server wrote:
Internal Server Error


Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:54 am
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 459
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt
Post 
I´m also against mortals (who has ever used anything except spawns anyway? ;) ) but daemons should be somehow limited. Maybe only special and rare?

I would love to see an appearance of new heroes like devoteds hero (similar as a death hag) and of course the return of anointed which should stay just as he was. ;)

No big monsters IMO should be in the list so no hydras, manticores and dragons.

There could also be some kind of upgrades like chosen units in chaos. Chosen of Slaanesh maybe? :)


Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 am
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 390
Location: Under a mountain of PMs...
Post 
I always hated the Cult of Slaanesh list.

If you want to play Elves, play Elves. If you want to play Mortals play Mortals. If you want to play Daemons, play Daemons.

That and as a Dark Elf Highborn I deeply despise anything that is not a fellow Druchii as inferior, and no more than a simple play-thing!

_________________
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4


Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:09 am
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 459
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt
Post 
Crawd:

Cult of Slaanesh was a extremly unique army because you couldn´t play it like chaos and it was far more fragile than daemons. Because of that you had to play in a totally different way which ended up in a lot of great games.

Quote:
Sorry but I just don't get the point of that 6th edition list and I was really glad when it was obsolete in the 7th because the list isn't about Druchii but about Chaos with some Dark Elves within it.

Cult of Slaanesh is not ment to be a dark elves army. It´s an army made from many alliances under the leadership of dark elves who try to establish this alliances to fight together under one god-Slaanesh. Sure I agree that mortals should not be in the list because they have a mind of their own but daemons can be summoned and they definitely belong in the list.

And yes, we do have a very nice army book but if I had the opportunity to once again play with CoS I wouldn´t waste a single second. I think all former CoS players would do the same and that is why we are doing this new list now.
And no, we can´t play with HE because we are still dark elves in our heart ;), we can´t play chaos because we want a movement of an elf. The only army we can play is daemons but what fun is that after one month??

I hope you get our point. ;)


Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 pm
Posts: 1076
Location: Québec
Post 
Rugi wrote:
I hope you get our point. ;)


Nope I really don't because from what I read in your post, you contradict yourself by saying that the cult is not meant to be a dark elves army and that you are dark elves in your heart.

I wanted an all-cavalry army, this is why my secondary army is Bretonnia because it's their purpose, I wouldn't want to see a mix of Bretonnia and Dark Elves just because I prefer Dark Elves, no, I played Bretonnia because I wanted my all-cavalry army. That's basicly the same thing about the Cult, it's the wish of playing Slaanesh by mixing Chaos and Dark Elves.

Rugi wrote:
we can´t play chaos because we want a movement of an elf.


Wow.. just wow.. I read this as: "I wish to get the best of both side and none of their downside".

Rugi wrote:
Cult of Slaanesh was a extremly unique army because you couldn´t play it like chaos and it was far more fragile than daemons. Because of that you had to play in a totally different way which ended up in a lot of great games.


Each armies are unique, why create a unofficial list to be more "unique"? The only list I would like to see it getting back is the Chaos Dwarves, which was a real army back there, while the Cult was a campaign list.

So yeah, I might misunderstand but what I'm seeing is: "I want the best of chaos and the best of Dark Elves together instead of playing an official list."

PS: I really liked the idea of Yourmumrang(spelling?) about his "count as" idea for the Cult of Slaanesh which made it legal and unique.

_________________
And the server wrote:
Internal Server Error


Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:44 am
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 pm
Posts: 459
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt
Post 
Quote:
Nope I really don't because from what I read in your post, you contradict yourself by saying that the cult is not meant to be a dark elves army and that you are dark elves in your heart.

Hey I don´t mean to argue about anything. You can open another thread if you want to do that ok?

Secondly, DE and brettonians can never be fused together because it is not by the fluff!

Thirdly, The best of both sides also brings all the downsides. And you didn´t read it right because I ment to say that chaos can´t be played in an elf style!

Unique is because no other army can fuse together different races and therefor so much playing styles!


Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:49 pm
Profile
Cold One Knight

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 8:16 am
Posts: 225
Location: Roaming free in the dark.
Post 
I'm jumping in a little late and maybe this is nothing but didn't GW rewind time to before the Storm of Chaos or something. If it is before the Storm than the Cult was never formally reformed. The CUlt army was created for the Storm and so shoudl only really be usedd for the Storm, just like the Truthsayer and Dark Emmisary were created and should only be used for Albion.

I play Warhammer for the fluff and stories, combining two armies just so you can have some more punch IMO tends to ruin the story. Beside it wouldn't look good for a Dreadlord, or Highborn (for those of us who don't like the stereotypically evil title), to be seen utilising humans and daemons as nothing more than our unwilling slaves.

Also I think its too soon to try and create alternate army lists for the Druchii, considering that the Daemons and Dark Elves were very recently released and the Warriors of Chaos are not far off. Lets the water settle before you start dropping rocks into it.

I'm not saying that a Cult list wouldn't be interesting I'm just saying it is unecissary(spelling?). I think we've been given plenty of new toys and such to play, so lets not be greedy... well, more greedy than we absolutely have to be, we are Druchii after all :twisted:

_________________
Forever alone,
Forever wandering.

W - 3
L - 4
D - 0


Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:24 pm
Posts: 424
Location: The Netherlands
Post 
I would really like to see the cult make a return, it was an incredibly fluffy armylist and fun to play. So great idea!
no Malekith and Hellebron, I follow Morathi!

_________________
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"


Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:55 pm
Posts: 69
Location: United Kingdom, England
Post 
...I'm gonna give a very wierd opinion here... I don't like using the CoS list(to do with being a DE at heart etc..), but... Yes I think you should do it!
Warhammer is a game... though some people take it to seriously, if you want to make a list that you will enjoy playing, go for it! be creative! and if you really don't like it? its unofficial, you don't have to play them with it, so why argue!? It is a very interesting to play I would imagine and I can tell you now there will be some out there who want the list for as has been said to get the "best of both" but there are many who just want to have a bit of fun, which is not a crime... Games-Workshop encourages creativity and the making up of your own rules, as long as their remotely fair and most importantly your oppenent/s agree!

So, do it or don't... but don't snap at each other about it... :?

Druchii.net is a friendly community, keep it that way ;)

_________________
Currently... On Campaign please leave your message after the tone and my cold one will get back to you... RAWR!!!


Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:48 am
Posts: 651
Location: N/A
Post 
It seems like there would be enough support here to get one going. As greyNightmare stated if you don't want to take part you don't have to, no hard feelings. Now would it be set up in the same way as the warband( get its own list under general gaming)? I would only be able to offer opions and such as my army is not with me at the moment. Now who is leader? Heat-13?

-crazyhorse

_________________
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.


Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm
Posts: 337
Location: Leeds/Preparing to raid the south
Post 
I think GreyNightmare has the gist of it. If you like the idea join us! If you don't then please ignore us by all means, we're just trying to be creative by doing something controversial (as in summoning demons to aid druchii).

Also I think it would be a good idea to set it up like the druchii warband. (It should be a roughly same scale project, at least at the start). But obviously that's up to the mods, we'll need to pm them about this stuff and get their opinions too, as they are all powerful and in charge of all things druchii.

As for the leadership, I'd be happy to take up responsibility, but I would also prefer that I wouldn't have to do it alone, so maybe we should have two team leaders? (It will be more helpful to have two people in terms of absences, workload management, decisions, etc)

_________________
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod


Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software