Dark Pegasus Master Conversion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Zor the flayer
Slave on the Altar

Dark Pegasus Master Conversion

Post by Zor the flayer »

Does anyone know of a cheap and farily easy way to convert a dark pegasus without using the model that comes with morathi?

I am going to make a Peggy Noble using a 6th ed. cold one knight champ and would like some advice about easy ways to convert such a model.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-ZOR
FLAYING, MORE ADDICTIVE THAN CRACK COCAINE THATS BEEN COVERED IN NICOTINE AND CAFFEINE AND DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE.
Sarcon
Beastmaster

Post by Sarcon »

You'll have to find a way to get leathery wings for your peg, though. Otherwise you could just simply use a (preferbly rearing) WE steed with wings to DE it up a bit.
Be sure to check out my Army blog.
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

leathery or feathery wings, depending on your preference. And, as already said, the wood elf horse is the best steed to use - just first cut away all the wood-elfy things from this.

for example, I used a wood elf horse and bretonnian pegasus wings for my pegasus. here is the picture, if you are interested: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169 ... 280001.jpg
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

i used a Brat peggie + sulephets wings

another idea: use the old 5th ed pegasus....
Rising son
Cold One Knight

Post by Rising son »

I used a Sliver helm body + a Chaos steed's head (the one with the single horn) + the wings from a winged nightmare. Not very dynamic but I think it came out OK. Sorry no pix though.
"I can't believe you think I'm a liar. Sure I make random stuff up, but I'm not a liar."
Zor the flayer
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zor the flayer »

Thanks Lamekh, I will probably use your idea.
i was thinking about using a Bret. pegasus but didn't know how the robes would look, but judging by your pic they wont be too much of a problem.
FLAYING, MORE ADDICTIVE THAN CRACK COCAINE THATS BEEN COVERED IN NICOTINE AND CAFFEINE AND DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE.
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

zor the flayer wrote:Thanks Lamekh, I will probably use your idea.
i was thinking about using a Bret. pegasus but didn't know how the robes would look, but judging by your pic they wont be too much of a problem.

don't forget to file all of the brat-insignia
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

I used one of the spare horses from the HE lion chariot, with Sulephet's wings, and son 'Nid spikes for the horns. Looks OK.
You need to get out more.
Loki_the_black
Warrior

Post by Loki_the_black »

I used Sulephet's wings and a new cold one.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Lamekh wrote:i used a Brat peggie + sulephets wings

So did I. Works very well.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Here's mine(master isn't painted yet as you can see):
ImageImage
ImageImage
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

Ive used a bret peggy knight for the peggy part and a CoK for the rider with an attached SDC from a corsair. All is plastic so easy to build(requires abit of cutting but again ''plastic'') and its cheaper than the morathi peggy.
The big downside is the feathery wings but then again Im running with a raiding theme so the peggy was ''aquired'' under a raid to brettonia. Only wings Ive found that fits the size for a dark peggy that comes from anywhere else than morathi is from the 5ed/6ed demon princes, 5ed winged nightmare and 4ed zombie dragon. But each of those will run up to close to the same price as morathi.
For the discount way go molest some bret peggy knights.
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

The new CoK with spite head and the wings off a nightmare. You can buy the wings separately according to my most recent white dwarf.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

I combines Morathi mount with a ?Tyrion/Teclis? (the one with the monster base but is riding a horse)

He dont exactly sit all that well so hes glued in a way that he looks like he's surfing the peggie
...Well thats the end of my post