Need help with my Cauldron of Blood proxy model

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Gorenut
Executioner

Need help with my Cauldron of Blood proxy model

Post by Gorenut »

I mentioned this idea in another post, but lately I've been thinking more about it. I know I want a Cauldron of Blood in my army to compliment my Corsairs and such.. but I don't really like the model, nor do I really like the idea of a giant cauldron. The theme of my army is more of a nomadic band of Dark Elves and I want elements in the army to show that they've really scoured the far ends of the world. One way I'm doing this is by putting exotic creatures in their army. My hydra for example is pretty much a Carnisaur (ok, I admit, I just like the model).. I also have Ogres as a mainstay in the army. As far as the Cauldron is concerned.. i wanted something that was more of a big magical being that the Dark Elves found. As to why it needs a crew.. I want perhaps this creature to be blind as well and it's "crew" is basically either Elves or a different race of beings "soul-bound" to the creature to be it's "eyes"

I was thinking of using the Deceiver model from the Necron army, shave off his nose to give it a more skeletal face and have his eyes blind folded (perhaps this creature lived in caves and the light totally screws it up). The crew I want to be represented by robed figures to give it a more sinister feel. Dumb idea? Any other ideas to help this situation out? Any ideas on what I can use as the crew?

Thanks in advance.
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

It rather belongs to Painting and Modelling forum, therefore I'm moving it there.
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Xandor
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xandor »

Maybe a chained up Daemon Prince? A former Dark Elf ascended into Daemonhood by some strange coincidence, chained up?

The new kit is promising.
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Looks very promising, but nothing beats Be'Lakor :D
Gorenut
Executioner

Post by Gorenut »

Cool, thanks for showing me a picture of the new DP in full. I've only seen parts of it. Though I would have to agree with Jaycee, if I were to go that route.. I think Be'Lakor far out-ranks this model in terms of aesthetics and quality.

The main thing with this creature that I want as my CoB, I don't want him to look capable of direct battle. So something too big and buff might not work. Pretty much why I looked at the Deceiver. Too bad theres no Beholder like model in the GW line.
Basix of war
Slave on the Altar

Post by Basix of war »

I to like the bel'lakor modell and use it for many things. But he is just a little fart, barely larger than a large Oger model, which is a real shame for a daemon

Just to small
Colonel
Black Guard

Post by Colonel »

Perhaps raiding corsairs would find inspiration from a cart of plundered items, like the paymasters cart in a dogs of war army. Im envisioning a cart pulled by slaves full of treasures stolen from lizardmen.. or chicks.
Colonel
Black Guard

Post by Colonel »

Just occured to me you could use a squid looking beast as corsairs have all that squid face banner and stuff going

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/04/1 ... godzi.html
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

Zeb
Noble

Post by Zeb »

sorry to move away from the suject, but....

@Lakissov:
WOW! That's a really cool Cauldron there! Very impressive and nice!
"We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further; it may be
Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
Across that angry or glimmering sea ..."
from 'Hassan' by James E. Flecker