Finalized List - 2250 pts tournament

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Finalized List - 2250 pts tournament

Post by Silverheimdall »

Well, I have a tournament in 6 weeks or so.. and I have a ton of models to paint so I'm modifying the list for now, its still over 100 models at least! :D

[246] Dreadlord - Pendant of Kaeleth, Potion of Strength, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Great Weapon

[134] Master - Armour of Darkness, Ring of Hotek, Great Weapon
[128] Master - whip of Agony, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak
[275] Death Hag - Two Hand Weapons, Cauldron of Blood, Army Standard Bearer, Rune of Khaine, Manbane Poison, 2 Cauldron Attendants: Two Hand Weapons

[205] 24 Druchii Warriors - Spears, Light Armours, Shields, Standard Bearer: War Banner, Lordling
[205] 24 Druchii Warriors - Spears, Light Armours, Shields, Standard Bearer: Banner of Murder, Lordling
[115] 10 Druchii Warriors - Repeater Crossbows, Light Armours, Shields, Musician
[117] 5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows, Spears, Light Armours, Elven Steeds, Musician
[055] 5 Harpies
[055] 5 Harpies

[335] 19 Black Guard of Naggarond - Halberds, Heavy Armours, Standard Bearer: Standard of Hag Greaf, Tower Master: Crimson Death

[200] 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
[175] War Hydra

Models: 108
Deployments: 9
Power: 2
Dispel: 2 + Ring
Last edited by Silverheimdall on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

This list is really solid and really nasty with all those characters on foot. I like it quite a lot.

Where do you think you're going to put your characters?

Going on I'd find some difficulties countering spells directed towards the hydra (that probably will be out of range from the ring), harpies and dark riders. This would threat your mobility and the chance of getting enemy casters/warmachines.

Maybe I'd drop the 10 xbows for another unit of Drs with crossbows. Then I'd swap the armour of eternal servitude for the blood armour, giving soulrender to the lord: the magic weapon (with additional -1 to as) is always useful.

What about a bsb? It could be really useful, even if it was the hag.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

I do have a BSB (:
My Cauldron of Blood, which I've updated the image of:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Un ... nprgrs.jpg

As you can see, it is my Army Standard Bearer ;D

Dreadlord is going with Black Guards - but I fear they might be avoided so if I have to he'll charge out to assist my warriors.

Masters will go in one block each.

As for spells, I know, but I think the enemy will have his wizards in the center at first, giving me plenty of room to manoeuver in the flanks with my hydra and dark riders, hopefully my harpies will cause a miscast with the ring of hotek in turn one, but after that, I need to use them as redirectors or machine hunters, though it doesn't matter much if I lose em.

Also I'm limited on models right now, so I'm using 10 rxb instead of another 5 DRs.

I dunno yet about dropping Regen but it might be a good idea.
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

I do have a BSB (:

I didn't read Army standard bearer, because usually it's written bsb!

Do not fear too much about the black guard. You just have to put the unit were it is able to manouver. The opponent cannot hide his infantries and currently there are many daemons and vampires that are plenty of them, and the new chaos does not do an exception.

I told to watch out from magic mainly because in one tournament I encountered a daemon player with 2 units of horrors and 2 flying herald of tzeentch with lore of beast (they knew all the lore). I'll let you imagine what they did to my hydra and what happened when it was reached by 6 flamers...

For this I think that what you fear most are those nasty D6 at S4 or D6+1 at S D6+1 that are a real pain for your faster units. If you add the enemy light shooting, that means not many fast units on the 3rd turn. If not you could go with the standard 6 shades + great weapon for 108 points, but this depends on what do you use them for. Having a unit forward in this kind of list is still useful in my opinion.

About the magic weapon on the Lord, this become useful when facing some ethereals (I know that you already have the other master with the whip, but it could be not sufficient) and for the new chaos (the ward save vs mundane weapon could become a real pain). Then the -4 to armour save could prove very handy in many situations (especially vs the 1+ armours).

Only keep your infantries tight to be able to use the ring and to help them easily with your characters.

One thing just to piss you off :-): did you think about the ring of darkness? It could prove worth to protect such infantries, but maybe the cost is too high and fielding with the lord would mean forgetting the pendant. Just an idea.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Well, making a quick report here - Won against Vampire Counts today, my first game in a while against a new opponent who fielded a very strong magic phase with helm of commandment, he had 4 dance macabre (book included) and .. well... his fighter lord was not immune to killing blow (:

Pop goes the weasel~ 4+ ward failed on the single killing blow wound. I had done a few mistakes - not accounting for possible moves + danse combos, but I turned it around.

In the end, he had his Black Coach and the Helm of Command vamp with very few ghouls.

I had my Black Guards over half strength, my cauldron (half wound on death hag), a whole block of warriors reduced to 13! and the whip hero.

It was a hard matchup - Ethereals, ton of magic and a flying terror lord. But I got the upper hand, even if luck helped, I managed to deal with the annoyance that is the Vampire Counts.

The guy was pissed about the Hydra - the Ring of Hotek - and the Invinci Lord.
I laughed, he plays the Helm and heavy magic and dares to call cheese on a few components of my list. Tsk.

I got close to a SOLID victory .. just a few points away.

Btw my invincy Lord took 2 wounds from the Vamp Lord -_- Rolled 6s on pendant twice out of 5 wounds and failed both regens.. ugh

Thinking about kicking that Regen armor away ;P but then again, Potion of Strength was useless against him. I could've popped it but I never did - in the end it would've changed nothing. So I will equip my Lord with either Lifetaker or Soul Render, Lifetaker would be perfect for shooting Ethereals but it would slow me down.