[2250 : Potential GT Army List]

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ashwinz
Shade

[2250 : Potential GT Army List]

Post by Ashwinz »

Hello all, it has been quite some time away from this game and these forums, but with the recent edition changes and new rules for Dark Elves, I have welcomed a chance to get heavily involved in this game again! Thank you for having me back!

Anyways, why you guys are here:

[2250]

Lord/Heroes:

Supreme Chalupa Sorceress: [400]
Level 4
Pendant of K
Black Staff
Dark Pegasus

Sorceress: [180]
Level 2
Lifetaker
Tome of Furion

Master: [137]
Null Talismans x2 [MR2]
HA,SDC,Shield
Sword of Might

Death Hag: [200]
Cauldron of Blood

Heroes Sub Total: [917]

Core:

5 Harpies: [55]

5 Harpies: [55]

10 RXBowmen: [100]

5 Dark Riders: [92]
Musician

25 Spearmen: [165]
Full Command

*Assassin: [146]
Manbane
+D3
Additional Hand Weapon

Core Sub Total: [467 - *613]

Special:

6 Shades: [108]
Great Weapons

6 Shades: [108]
Great Weapons

18 Black Guard: [329]
Full Command
Banner of Hag Grief
Ring of Hotek on Champion

Special Sub Total: [545]

Rare:

War Hydra: [175]

Rare Sub Total: [175]

Total: 2250

PD: 8 + Black Staff
DD: 5 + Ring of Hotek + MR2 on Black Guard

My thoughts:
Dark Magic is Improved in so many ways with the style that they are now played: ruthless and extremely offensive. I might occasionally take Shadow on my Level 2.
The Level 2's Lifetaker is without a doubt my unexpected powerhouse in the army. She will ride with the spearmen (and at least 12" away from the Black Guard).
I really am not a fan of the Master at all, but feel like its a necessity against all comers. I am not really prepared for any Magic Heavy armies, and investing in a style of Cauldron + Black Guard + ASF will be hard to overcome if they get dropped.
Shades + RXBmen + Lifetaker provides a GREAT shooting base, and I absolutely love the new shade stats. If anyone feels on the same page with the master, I will drop him and put in his place another unit of shades.
War Hydra is there for the subconscious Monster factor, plus it is extremely cheap for what it is currently.
My Level 4 has the potential for 13 PD solo, so its exciting and the flight is there to aid in an instant. The Pendant is such a cop-out, but it takes the glass out of glass-cannon.
Dark Riders and 2xHarpies are a must in most every Dark Elf Army I run these days and their expendable tendencies combined with fast harass = making the opponent confused and unfocused.
The Assassin will more then likely go into a shade unit, but if it calls for it, in the spearmen unit.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Thank you in advance everyone!!!
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

A) You don't need the ring of hotek with that many casting dice. It is downright dangerous. Drop it. If you really need some more magic defense then go for a scroll or tow on your casters.

B) With two big blocks tailored for combat, I would recommend that you take the BSB upgrade on either your hag or your master. Either one will work though I think currently, your hag will be a bit safer than your BSB.

Otherwise, this list looks pretty decent. It could really be devastating in a tourney. The cauldron is worth its weight in gold.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Ashwinz
Shade

Post by Ashwinz »

druchii77 wrote:A) You don't need the ring of hotek with that many casting dice. It is downright dangerous. Drop it. If you really need some more magic defense then go for a scroll or tow on your casters.

B) With two big blocks tailored for combat, I would recommend that you take the BSB upgrade on either your hag or your master. Either one will work though I think currently, your hag will be a bit safer than your BSB.

Otherwise, this list looks pretty decent. It could really be devastating in a tourney. The cauldron is worth its weight in gold.

Thanks for the response!!

I agree i was hesitant with the Ring of Hotek, but in the end, I really don't see a situation where my sorceress' will be near it, and I will plan for it each turn. It really is a too good to pass up item imo.

You putting thoughts in my head though of dropping the RoH and adding a BSB.

Currently, if I take the Lifetaker, then it is impossible to take a scroll. likewise, if I take a Black Staff and a Pendant of K, its equally impossible to take. I feel very vulnerable with only 5 DD in 2250, and the RoH is a nice upgrade when (and it will) my Black Guard gets near.

Also...quick question:

Does a Mage on a pegasus have 360 line of sight for the purposes of Magic? Its been a while and I haven't come across that in the Red Tomb.

thanks!
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Ashwinz wrote:
Does a Mage on a pegasus have 360 line of sight for the purposes of Magic? Its been a while and I haven't come across that in the Red Tomb.

No she does not. Tht is why a lot of folks like the focus familiar over the black staff. You can be successful either way but you run the risk of having the pegasus shot from under her without the focus familar as you will have to expose her somewhat to cast effectively.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

A point on the black staff, it will only cast on average every second turn, and it will only produce on average 2 dice per cast, a couple power stones and the focus familiar is a better option.

I have revised my allocaion of mounts too. My lvl 2 goes on the DP and the lvl 4 in the infantry where she can use the FF to extend her range and fire burning heads though enemy units at just the right angle.

The DP sorc will just have the sword of battle and dark magic. She can then cast chillwind/word of pain on rear units and charge them with relative impunity. If your fighting tough enemys then Pok might be an option fpr her as well. If she picks up soul stealer of blade wind, she can use those with great effect as her second spell.
"Luck is the residue of design"