1250 Escalation League

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Vutall
Trainee Warrior

1250 Escalation League

Post by Vutall »

Hello everyone, just wanted to see what you thought of this list for a 1250 game.

Heros:
Lokhir

Master: Sea Dragon Cloak, Heavy Armor, Extra Hand Weapon, Null Talisman x3
Master: Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Heavy Armor, Hydra Blade

Core:
Corsairs x20
Full Command
Frenzy Banner

Corsairs x20
Full Command

Special:
Shades x5

Rare:
War Hydra

Use the shades to March Block, hydra to screen block of frenzied corsairs with lokhir and null talisman master in it, use other block of corsairs with hydra blade master to keep frenzied corsairs from getting flanked.

I Tried it against my friend who plays vampire counts. He has 2 normal, 1 etherial vampires, a unit of skeletons, a unit of ghouls, 3 spirit hosts, as well as 5 cairne wraiths. Hydra soaked up the Wraiths for 4 turns before being killed, Lokhir and gang destroyed the ghoul block, hydra blade destroyed the spirit hosts, overran into skeletons flank, allowing lokhir to get a rear on skeletons. By the time the Hydra died, the Wraiths were the only enemy VC unit on the board.

Our leage has 2 vampire counts players, 2 orc players, 1 skaven, 1 empire, 1 lizardman, and myself.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Lokhir! :mrgreen:
Two big blocks of corsairs, :D :D one frenzied with many attacks.
Well, that is a dream list for a corsair!

If you're interested in tuning up that list:

The SSS adds attacks but not strength.
All your characters already have many low strength attacks.
The AP banner would be more interesting for them.

Also, the Hydra blade Master may take one null shard.
Hydra blade is not the best choice: you lack high S attacks.
Sword of might would be better (especially inside the frenzied unit) and allows the Null Shard.

If the shades are mostly used for march blocking, then harpies would do the same job for less pts, sparing pts for the null shard and the AP banner (adjust with the number of corsairs or by taking only 2 null shards instead of 3 with Lokhir).

What do you think about the following army?

Big corsair unit with AP - Lokhir, MR3 master.
Big corsair unit with SSS - MR1 Sword of Might master.
Harpies.
Hydra.

Hey, 2 terror causing units, 1 ITP, no more psycho problem!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Vutall
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vutall »

I like the idea! Only problem is I dont own any Harpies. But, Im sure I could pick some up before the leage plays again...

As for the strength...I did see that as problem. For example, it wipes his ghouls no problem, since they didnt have armor saves, and Lokhir can re-roll failed wounds ((he had I think 8 attacks. 3 base, 1 frenzy, 4 for the block of 20 ghouls.)) and then the ghouls lost due to combat res. But, the other block with the master with hydra blade....since the skellies had ligt armor, shield, and hand weapon, they were at a 4+ save.. I didnt hit nearly as hard. Even with 7 str 4 hits from the master, the skellies still got attacks back. Plus, they were a larger unit than me, so until Lokhir and gang got the rear, the corsairs were having a tough time.