SAU XV: Pawn of the Dead

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Kinslayer had finally got some sleep before they headed into the catacombs, and apparently he was right when he had heard falling rocks. The others had almost lost their lives too, or so they had informed them after their return. Perhaps Daynarii would have died under those rocks, he mused. The discussion was set to begin for who was next in the line for an exorcism, but Kinslayer still felt unsure of who to trust and who to suspect. Then he had an idea.

"Who was it that set off that rock trap in the night?" he paused for thought, "An accident, perhaps. Or a clever way of killing off some of the team?"
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"So we hunt again... We should consider our options...
Sleek and his twin Telrunya should not be our concerns. They both spoke strongly against Deroth, and neither of them changed their target after our current prey was possessed. So I think we should look elsewhere... I think we should look to Kinslayer, perhaps. It would make sense for Deroth to choose a target that was already opposing the twins' theory, as any changes in target would not be so noticable. On the other hand, Kinslayer did change his vote to Deroth didn't he? I could be innocence... It could also be a cunning ploy by a necromancer that knew one of his puppets were about to be destroyed, and wanted to remove suspicion from his backup. I'm not gonna vote now, however. I want to hear your theories first, as I admit my own is a bit... thin. But at least it is something."
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Kinslayer shook his head at Belial, "I am no puppet for some ancient necromancer. I changed my vote to Deroth in the hope we would gain some new information on Daynarii, it just happened to turn out to be a lucky guess at the cheif suspect. I agree with you, Sleek and Telrunya seem innocent to me. My instincts still tell me to besuspicious of you, Zenobius. What do we have to work with this day?"
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Zardock stretched out on his bed mat and rubbed the mark on his cheek that had been inflicted by that damn sorceress, what cheek. He'd only leapt into her bloody bosom because someone pressed the rock and the leap had carried him into the wrong place at the right time.

"I'm going to be blunt here, the only person I can see being a puppet of the necromancer is Khadarel because he refused to vote of Deroth on some excuse such as looking guilty because he wanted to vote someone off."

"I think he hoped to stay our hands another day and make us doubt each other and our decisions."

"It's the only plausible link I can conceive of at this moment and even then it is quite weak so I am not going to place my vote. I want to see how people act today but if we can catch Daynarii then I doubt that a mere puppet will be that much harder to catch."

Grabbing a chunk of bread and stuffing it into his mouth, Zardock waited for the council to get into full swing.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Khadarel merely smiled when he heard Zardock name him as suspicious. He shifted position and replied:

‘I already explained why I refrained from voting. Indeed, I took great pains to do so, and if you find that a reason to suspect me then I really fail to understand just what I can say to convince you otherwise. And if you cannot think of any miniscule motive or suspicious behaviour displayed by another person, then I will advance my own opinion. Mel’Reyna added a vote after Deroth was already doomed, in a possible attempt to gain credibility, and has stayed in the shadows, advancing few theories. This seems suspicious to me’

This said Khadarel sat back.

‘Oh, and my head is much better this morning. Thanks for asking.’
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

The council had already begun to deliberate on its next move. Impressive, Sleek thought.

“Seems like today we have the opportunity to root out the last of the victims of Daynarii,” Sleek says, “In order to find our last infiltrator we should also try to get inside his head. What did he know and when did he know it?”

“For example,” Sleek explains, “The one we are looking for gave himself willingly to Daynarii and only turned after the first session. It stands to reason that Deroth didn't know he had a willing acolyte nor did he pick him on his own accord. From the other side, the acolyte probably didn't know which one of us was his master during the first session. He could only know Deroth was possessed at the second session. However, Deroth expertly avoided to give us any clues regarding the identity of his follower.”

“In short, we can't accuse Kinslayer solely on the fact that he may have made a good target for Deroth because he wasn't picked. The acolyte gave himself up to the necromancer. In fact, I fear we have very little to work with this time.”

“Personally, I believe Kinslayer is innocent. The man incurred a veritable avalanche of protests from Telrunya and myself but stuck to his guns. A guilty man would be cowered into silence.”

Zenobius (LordAnubis), looks innocent from where I stand as well. He risked life and limb to suggest random action if nothing better came out of it. And when he got into an argument with Kinslayer he didn't let things escalate out of self-defence, he stuck to the program.”

“I think we can scrap Belial from the list. He mistakenly believed Deroth hand-picked his accomplice while this isn't the case. Someone with inside knowledge wouldn't make this mistake.”

Khadarel (Shadow Dark) looks innocent as well. The man got genuinely annoyed at the more silent members of the council. A guilty man would welcome such a pack to hide in. And he certainly wouldn't want to wake sleeping dogs. I don't know what to think of his refusal to vote last time, however.”

“If we add Telrunya and myself to the list, then we have six among us whom we can arguably exclude from this inquiry - assuming I am right to exclude them of course. Out of nine, that gives me a possible list of three suspects where I haven't found redeeming evidence – though others might have.”

“I'll have to think over the past events some more to see if we can narrow down our search some more.”
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Producing a small mirror from her pocket, Mel'Reyna began casually checking makeup in order to apply any touch ups that would be necessary. Being stuck in some catacombs haunted by a vengeful necromancer's spirit was no reason to let one's self go, after all.

"Sleek, darling, you know that I am very grateful for what you've been doing here so far, but I can't say that I agree with all of the conclusions you've just drawn. Don't be so quick to absolve people of all guilt, they will use it against you if you make it so easy."

"I mean, first of all, how exactly has Kinslayer 'stuck to his guns'? He's flip flopped his vote not once but twice already! First you get him to change his vote from Zenobius to Deroth during the first meeting, which would be fine if it had been the only time. We can of course presume that, even if he happens to be guilty now, he would not have had any knowledge about Deroth prior to the second meeting. However, the second that Sleek suggested that we vote for Deroth a second time after the first failure, Kinslayer quickly nominated Zenobius again, despite having already switched from him to Deroth at the very end of the first meeting. And then he went back to Deroth again once he started racking up some votes! Strange, is it not?"

She expertly applied a fresh layer of lipstick as she gave the room a few moments to think about what she'd just said. Puffing her lips, she carefully examined them in her mirror, ensuring that they were perfect before continuing.

"As for Zenobius, if your memory still serves you well, you'll recall that those suggestions of his all came during the first session as well, while in the second he did nothing but add his vote against Deroth when it was already quite clear that he was going to the one to get exorcised. There wasn't much risk involved either, suggesting a 'random' vote so early before some of us had time to speak up was a fine way of excluding himself from the immediate list of candidates, since the term 'random' seemed to exclude anyone who encouraged the idea."

Next, she materialized a small brush from her bag, with which she quickly applied a light lair of blush to her cheekbones. It was a very pale pink, to match her own pale skin, but she knew how to use it to great effect. Satisfied, Mel'Reyna proceeded to the next elf that Sleek considered to be innocent.

"Right, so, where was I? Oh yes, Belial. Even you have to admit that your theory on him is a bit thin, Sleek. He's exonerated because he made a mistake...really? There's no chance that somebody could let a little mistake like that slip on purpose? Let's not be naive, my dear."

Finally, after a bit of rummaging through her bag, she managed to find her tube of mascara. She opened it and removed the tiny comb-like brush, using it to repair any damage that may have befallen her eyelashes, before closing the tube and performing a final checkup with the aid of her trusty little mirror.

"And at last, we come to you, Khadarel." Mel'Reyna said with a noticeably unimpressed tone. "Feeling a little hypocritical, are we? I was in pretty much the same situation as you, and you yourself explained how either voting or not voting at that point could be twisted and used against you. I find it rather amusing that you would try to do exactly that to me, when you were so worried about the same being done to you that you went ahead and stated the obvious, blabbering your little excuse for not voting to the rest of us. And as for Sleek's theory, well, just like Zenobius, you were very vocal about getting people to speak up and whatnot during the first meeting, but come the second one, you held your tongue until the very last moment, and even then it was only to attempt to cover your own ass, not to provide us with anything of value. As far as I'm concerned, if I had to pick anyone that seemed weak and pathetic enough to give himself to this necromancer so easily, it would be you, without a doubt."

"As for Sleek and Telrunya, well I can definitely agree to keeping the two of you around for obvious reasons, and not just because I have a thing for twins..."

"Oh, just think of all the possibilities!" Mel'Reyna exclaimed, obviously to herself as opposed to the others. Realizing that she'd inadvertently blurted that out loud, she giggled as her cheeks naturally lit up slightly, genuinely amused by her own little slip of the tongue.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Kinslayer chuckled at Mel'Renya and open his arms in mock surrender, "Not guilty, I am afriad to object your suggestions. I voted Zenobius based on my own suspicions, and then was told if I changed my vote to Deroth we may make progress. In spite of not suspecting him, I tried to change my vote anyway, for the sake of the group, but was too late. The next day I simply returned to my suspicion, Zenobius, since I had no particular reason to suspect Deroth instead. However, when it came down to me holding the deciding vote once more, I changed once more in favor of making some progress. By a chance, Deroth was possessed. I still hold my suspicion, Zenobius, even now. It is suspicion based on something few of you fully understand, for instinct is only to be trusted by oneself. Still, it stands.

However, I agree with a lot of Sleeks outcomes, not quite all of them but most. Most of those he classed as innocent do, in my eyes, seem to be so. Or, they are very good at hiding their guilt. I say we now discuss the other three, and what the arguments for their guilt may or may not be. Based on those outcomes, perhaps we can make another vote, or change our minds if we decide them to be innocent. Discuss away, I will lay down my thoughts once I hear some of your own.
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

"I never said that you were guilty, genius, simply that it would be unjustified to exonerate you based on your actions thus far."

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"I note that we recoverd a diary belonging to Daynarii prior to our run in with a landslide," Kilia piped up "May we be privilaged enough to know what it contained.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"Only one more to go. And for this one, we have even more information to build a case; at least, if I can assume my pet hypothesis here. The converted one was a willing host and he knew --from the very beginning-- it would only be a matter of time before he would switch sides. However, he did not know who the possessed was.

"What are we thus looking for?" Telrunya looks around at the council members. "We are looking for someone with a dual nature on the first meeting: his councillor side needed to look active, his hidden side was afraid to strike down Daynarii. We are looking for someone who would act as little as possible, yet as much as needed.

"The first name that comes to mind here is Mel'Reyna's. Sure, she did vote for Deroth, and I can hardly blame her for being too late to actually matter, yet her reaction --her demeanor-- is that of one who knows she has to put her vote there. Am I misreading the undertone here? Possibly. And Mel'reyna, you wouldn't be such a likely suspect if it weren't for two blatant reasons.

"First of all, you failed to put a vote at all on the first session. Your argument? There is too little information to actually vote now. But in the second session, only then do you suddenly recognize the need to vote. Or were you afraid to be standing on the wrong side of the vote? I think you were afraid, since that is exactly what you are blaming Khadarel for.

"Speaking of which, --and this is the second main reason you are a prime suspect of mine-- the first time you take anything worthy being called a stand, you are purely disagreeing with my brother Sleek's list of people he does not suspect. Disagree if you must, but do you even propose anything worthwhile in return? No," Telrunya says while shaking his head, "No. You know Sleek's words carry the weight they earn, and you don't want to be one of his three suspects. So, in return, you contribute yet again nothing and in swinging your arms wildly around yourself, you try yet again to bring the council's progress to a halt. You won't succeed this time."

Telrunya sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Really, the only reason I do not vote for you directly, is because there is an evenly likely candidate. Zardock.

"In the beginning, he notes that Daynarii might just switch bodies. In light of that, he proposes to... wait? Afraid of looking guilty, he hides behind Kinslayer's shoulders, but while openly advocating sitting on your hands, you cannot hide. Afterwards, he would claim he always supported Zenobius in acting, even through a semi-random vote if necessary. Indeed, he is torn between inaction, and looking like a valuable councilor.

"It is a redeeming fact that Zardock tried to sway the vote by his last minute change, but it was becoming clear that not changing his vote would warrant an explanation. One he could not give.

"Daynarii had given up on Deroth's body. He knew tomorrow would be his final day, and he hardly resisted. In all likelyhood, Deroth would sacrifice himself, but he made a last ditched attempt nonetheless. Probably strengthened by Kinslayer's first comment, Deroth pleaded to redo the case. What is important however, is that this is echoed by none other than Zardock.

"However, after it becomes clear that there is indeed a strong case to be made, Zardock immediately changes his mind, and goes for Deroth. He even convinces Kinslayer to do so, with a well-thought out argument on why Zenobius is probably innocent. He had thought about this before; that was why he was so sure he could vote Zenobius before. And he leaves open a door to go for Zenobius afterwards. Consistent? Hardly, but honey to Kinslayer's ears.

"But then, this looks suspicious again, as people overtly searching friends is how we came to excorcising Deroth, so Zardock launches an inappropriate and unfounded assault on Sleek. Yes, now he can't be found guilty of being too friendly. Really.

"Councilors, we have a case here of a man visibly torn between two sides on the first meeting. He changed his behavior suddenly after the recess showing an influence we do not know about. And most of all, the timing at which he gives up Deroth shows that perhaps Daynarii has found a body he likes better than Deroth's, one he didn't have to fight for. Zardock's."

Telrunya skips his eyes between Mel'Reyna and Zardock. "Mel'Reyna, Zardock, you are my main suspects. We have lost many. If the council strikes true, we vanquish Daynarii today. Right here. Right now.

"If we miss... Let us not miss."
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

"Smart words from Telrunya, a clear and well thought argument. One perhaps which speaks the truth, or a well thought out lie to cover up the twins actions and ambitions here. Nobody is above suspicion, if you ask me. Still, I am hopeful that the truth was spoken, for there certainly is a strong case against Zardock. I have thought about this, going over some things said these last few days in my mind, and decided he is the 'prime suspect' as it were"

Vote: Zardock
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

"I would add Kilia to the list of the innocent, there is no evidence for her to be the ally of Daynarii.

Now to the case at hand. We have 2 main suspects with a good case against them. Myself, and Mel'Reyna.

However I do not believe that Sleeks argument completely removes Khaderal from the suspects list."

"Just because he got angry at the silent bunch does not mean that he is innocent. A servent of Daynarii would not hide amongst the silent group, seeing as they were the prime suspects for holding Daynarii's spirit or being one of his supporters. What I mean is that it would be wiser for the puppet to get angry at those not speaking out in this council in order to keep the suspicion directed away from them and onto those half-wits who kept their mouths shut."

"Bearing this in mind we can keep Khaderal in the suspects list. The main matter is the fact that he refused to vote for Daynarii. Would not the servent at least try to swerve the vote away from his master? Albeit he did not do this in a good way, perhaps because he knew that if he tried to get suspicion away from Deroth it would be to easy for him to be distinguished from the others as a supporter.

Right now this is a very small lead but one that brings a number of questions to mind.

Do we consider voting for Deroth a good or a bad thing in this list of three suspects?

What were the motives for the suspects vote of lack there of?

I can answer for my motive as I have already said, Zenobius acted in an honourable way and did not react as say Deroth did when he was accused by trying to shift his suspicions onto someone else. The arguments against Deroth were so much better that they swayed my rash decision against Zenobius in the first day which is why I stayed with my new vote for the second day.

The first questions answer will of course dictate whether the suspicion falls on Myself and Mel'Reyna or onto Khaderal."

"I have explained my actions as best as I can but I will follow my instinct on this and vote for Khaderal his actions are the only ones I see a link to Daynarii. I hope the council will deliberate hard on this and we can weed out the true servant."

Vote: Khaderal (ShadowDark)

Zardock (Group 27)

Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

“Sleek has some good arguments. So does Telrunya. However, I find Mel’Reyna to be less than convincing. She goes to all the trouble of shredding Sleek’s arguments but then fails to actually decide on who is guilty. However, this may just be wilful blindness. She was convinced of Deroth’s innocence during the first night, before she could have been possessed and that might explain her tardiness in voting with the rest of us on the second day.”

Zenobius frowned as he considered.

“Thus, I do not think that she is the most likely candidate for the spirit’s host. Instead, I think that Zardock is the more probable of those two, followed by Khaderal should Zardock prove innocent. Of course, some action is essential and so I will cast my vote for Zardock today.”

Vote Zardock
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

“I've given this some thought and while both Zardock as Mel'Reyna are on my list of suspects I believe Mel'Reyna is more likely to be the one we seek,” Sleek says, “My brother, Telrunya has already given a clear picture on both people present here and they are both viable in my opinion.”

“But why would I put Mel'Reyna above Zardock?
Suppose you are the one we seek. Your spiritual leader got 'offed' the session before after a tumultuous meeting and the same people begin to tighten the noose on you by reducing the list of possible suspects to hide amongst.”

“So, what would you do?
Attack the list of course. No, the council knows nothing. No, we cannot exclude anyone from the list except perhaps one or two individuals – it would be silly to attack those. No, everyone is a possible target to be voted off.”

“This, my intrepid explorers, is trying to broaden the targeting range in hopes of reducing the risk to yourself. Why else would you attempt to attack any form of progress and put us back at square one? For the good of the council? What good would it do? What good is it to shout out we know nothing?”

“Of course we know nothing,” Sleek admits, “If we did, our good sorceress over there would have dragged the culprit outside on her own.”

“The best we can do is make a guess, an educated guess. There is never certainty. There wasn't against Deroth and there isn't one now. But when I look at what Mel'Reyna did, I cannot fit it in any kind of benevolent intention for the council.”

Vote: Mel'Reyna
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Khadarel nodded. He was annoyed with himself, a fact that was obvious from the expression on his face.

“I seem to have dropped myself in it. I suppose that my opinions will get me voted off, tomorrow if not today. Then it looks to me as though if we are unable to chase down the last person today, I will be for the chop. Although,” Khadarel frowned, “I have to say that your reasons to vote for me, Zardock, seem somewhat thin, in my opinion. You suspect me because I tried to hurry people into speaking up and taking action? Well, if you’ll cast your mind back then I’m sure you will recall that I was the third person to vote for Deroth. Besides which, we know that he was guilty. In this case, I think it is fairly obvious that for the first day, I was not possessed. Therefore, you cannot try to convince anyone that my behaviour on the first day made me guilty. As for the second day, while I cannot give as firm an assurance that I was fine, I openly explained my behaviour at the time. My reasoning has not changed overnight, and if I had not explained then I would have simply had to speak up and do nothing, something which would have undoubtedly engendered suspicion.”

Khadarel leaned forward, his eyes narrowing.

“In fact, the moment that someone introduces an argument against me, you jumped in, ignoring all reasoning introduced by Sleek and Telrunya. You say the reason you changed your vote from Deroth was that he did not keep a cool head under pressure. I am in an uncomfortable situation as far as not being magically blasted to pieces goes, and with a frankly pathetic argument you have lead the attack. Therefore, my vote will also be going aginst you.”

Vote: Zardock

OOC: This is getting ridiculous. Everytime I make a post, someone beats me to it, whilst I am typing.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Kalia sat up, finaly having made a decision.

"I have considerd the arguments and theories that have been bandied about, and none of them would hold in court. But we are not in a court nor do we have the lesuire of ensuring a watertight case. Of these, admitidly shaky, cases I belive that Tel'runya's makes the greatest amount of sense. On top of which I see Zardock's decision to add me to a list of those innocent to be nothing more than an attempt to forestall a vote by one who had not yet expressed a view. Prehaps I am wrong, prehaps we are all wrong, but as was proved yeasterday action is preferable to innaction, innaction will lead to ruin and we cannot allow that to happen, therefore I will cast my vote. And pray."

Vote Zardock
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Telrunya shakes his head.

"No, I believe I see a lot of rash decisions here, and I urge everyone to think things through once more. Of the two candidates, Mel'Reyna is the one with the highest chance of being the infiltrator. The reason I suspect Zardock is merely because Mel'Reyna is almost too obvious a choice to be true. Let me explain."

"Zardock did try to make the balance of votes shift toward Deroth. Nobody seemed to know Deroth was possessed, and Zardock could have hidden perfectly behind Kinslayer's stuborness. He did not. Mel'Reyna, she did not even bother to vote.

"I dislike Khadarel's choice to not vote for Deroth, but suspicious? Not even by far. Why not vote for the possessed one, even if you are too late? Not everyone can be on time, and noone can blame you. Mel'Reyna, on the other hand. She did not vote on the first day, because it was too early --she wanted more information-- but without more information, she voted on the second day. Even ostensibly, such that everyone would notice, trying to fall in my brother Sleek's grace. Do I need to remind anyone how we found Deroth?

"Thirdly, one could argue on how effective a councilor Zardock is, as we can do for the majority of this council. But no-one --and I feel comfortable in saying so-- no-one can possibly argue that Mel'Reyna has done anything else than trying to oppose the council; by not voting on the first session, by hiding behind her vote on the second session, and by trying to break down a perfectly reasonable account of Sleek's. And she failed miserably at this.

"She truly is grasping at straws, swinging wildly around her, and there is only one reason why.

"Failure is not an option, councilors. Let's get rid of the last host!"

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

"Wait, Rensat actually said that?" Tarbo sat next to Anleth, picking through the shoulder bag they had found earlier. "Our excellent efforts? And you didn't get even a little suspicious?" He smiled, his memories taking him back. "I mean, you remember Lustria."

Anleth was already leafing through the journal, trying to find a relevant part. It was difficult; the journal was poorly structured. "I know, I was being gullible. Leave it be, please?"

"We destroyed an ancient pyramid of innumerable value , opened a Chaos gate—which still isn't closed, last I heard—got duped with a fake artifact, and actually didn't manage to catch any of the infiltrators. But at least we got the Ark home."

"Yes, I recall, now could we please—"

"The trade mission? Each and every one of the negotiators was killed, the prince from the Reich robbed naked but, to top it off, we did blow up one captain's cabin."

"I understand the point, just drop it, please?"

"The Chaos Wastes? We didn't even get the Ark home; we crashed it. Sixty miles inland. On top of that, instead of a mighty, shiny rock, we bring back a hand grenade. A primed one, no less. Everyone in court was in bandages for weeks. And let's not forget—"

"For Khaine's sake, man, drop it already!" Anleth suddenly burst.

Tarbo blinked, leaning away from Anleth with big, surprised eyes. He stared at her while she pulled her hair behind her ears and focused back on the journal with a growl. "Wow."

°°°

Mioralynthia held an eye on the meeting as much as on the books and scriptures she had brought with her, scanning through them as if perusing a store for something worthwhile. In the meantime, she kept a tally of current votes.

"As I said, Anleth and Tarbo are examining what we've retrieved, including the journal and its contents," Mioralynthia answered Kalia's question. "We'll be informed of anything of importance they might find. In the meantime, you should focus on making yourself useful to your comrades."

Mioralynthia pulled on her overrobe, meant to keep her warm, and focused back on... whatever it was she was looking for in her reading material.

°°°

"That's it for the bag," Tarbo reported, and put the bag aside. "Mostly bandages and some very old medicine. Looks like an ancient first aid kit. How's the journal coming along?"

Anleth had stopped leafing through the pages, and was reading focusedly. "I'm not entirely sure," she admitted. "I can't make head or tail out of the later entries of the journal without reading through the earlier ones. But I do believe this was Adrianna's journal."

Tarbo frowned. "Adrianna left her journal here?"

"Seeing as it's in a bag with medical supplies, it's possible she wanted to help one of the people we found there, and was interrupted."

"Or perhaps she saw people that weren't hurt, but undead."

"I'm not entirely sure yet, but I believe I've seen reference to Daynarii being defeated, near the end. I'm just trying to make sense of the what and how of it all."

"Understandable, I suppose. It wasn't written with us as an intended audience, with the assumption that we'd have to do it all over again. I'll leave you to it."

Players
  1. SleekDD
  2. Kinslayer
  3. Zardock
  4. LordAnubis
  5. Drainial
  6. Shadow Dark
  7. Telrunya
  8. Belial
  9. Mel'Reyna
With 9 players, 5 constitute a majority. There is 1 infiltrator in the game.
    Zardock
  1. Kinslayer
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Shadow Dark
  4. Drainial
    Shadow Dark
  1. Zardock
    Mel'Reyna
  1. SleekDD
  2. Telrunya

We are now in the second part of the Day phase. A majority vote will lead to an exorcism. The final deadline is set to pass on Friday, around 20h00 GMT. Please note that some of us have moved to Daylight Saving Time.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Kinslayer listened to the later votes and turned things over in his head. Then he spoke to the group,
"It will take five votes to see someone exorcised tonight, and I sure as hell do not want another night of undecision. Should Daynarii spread his curse any further, we may never catch up with him. I suggest, as Zardock has 4 votes at present, somebody else votes for him, or perhaps you twins swap your vote. That way we are certain to make some sort of progress. We can always vote off Mel'Reyna the next day, as suspicion does indeed fall on both of them."
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

"Actually, I didn't vote at the first meeting because my suspicions did not coincide with any of the people that were being targeted at that time. The votes were already split three ways, adding a fourth or fifth option would have been pointless, if not counter-productive. Clearly my judgment was wrong in that instance, since Deroth turned out to be the right choice, I won't deny that. I genuinely did not believe him to be the one possessed, he had me fooled, there's nothing else that I can say about that."

"When we started the second meeting with a clean slate, I would have offered my own theory had there not been an immediate landslide of votes against Deroth before I could get a single word out. At that point, as I've already mentioned, it was obvious that we weren't going to get anywhere until Deroth was gone, guilty or not, there was no way around it, so I voted."

"From that point on, obviously my theory was proven wrong when we found out that Deroth was indeed the spirit's host, and accusations started flying at me so I defended myself, naturally. I admit that the twins bring up some reasonable arguments against me, all I can say is that I made a mistake and that I wasn't acting with any kind of malicious intent. Of course, you have no way of knowing if I'm telling the truth or not, I realize that."

"However, Sleek and Telrunya, it's easy enough to make a list exonerating all but three people and then just wait for them to offer any kind of objection in order to use that as some kind of confirmation of guilt. Obviously I'm going to disagree, what else was I going to do?

"As for supposedly not offering my own suspect in return, I did strongly hint towards Khadarel, even though I held my vote while waiting to hear what everyone else had to say. I'd rather place my vote once than swap it around constantly, call it personal preference if you want to. In any case, I provided you with my suspect, if the two of you want to ignore that as you've been doing and focus solely on my objection to the so called innocent list, then so be it. Like I said though, I did screw up earlier, so some of your points about me are indeed reasonable, I'm not disagreeing. I do however have the privilege of knowing that I'm still in control of my own mind and body, so I'll fight to stay alive and unmask Daynarii."

"As for Zardock, well, similarly to myself and a few others, there are some decent arguments presented against him to indicate that he may be guilty, and as tempting as it is to preserve my own ass by sealing his fate, my sight remains set on Khadarel. My vote will therefor be against him, and I leave it to the rest of you to decide whether you agree or not.

Vote: Khadarel (Shadow Dark)

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

"I'd just like to point out that my adding you to the list Kilia, was because you haven't done anything suspicious, in no way did that even stall the votes against me. In fact if you actually listened to me I continued to say that Mel'Reyna and I were the prime suspects following the logic of Telrunya's argument."

"So the votes are thus, 4 for me, which to be honest has me sweating under the collar abit, 2 for Mel'Reyna and 2 for Deroth.

As Mel'Reyna said she would not try to kill me off just to keep herself alive and instead focus on the one she finds suspicious I too will continue to press that Khadarel is the suspect here. The utter refusal to vote against Deroth, because it would make him look like a Wolf following the Flock so to speak, has as much standing as the accusations against me or Mel'Reyna."

"There is absolutely no way that I can bring to bear anything to counter logic that is being targetted at my mistakes and as such I've probably put myself into this position due to my rash actions on the first day, call it over enthusiasm, none the less, if I turn out to be innocent I'm sure that innocent list that's being knocked about will dwindle very quickly."

"I stick to my vote and with that I ask Belial to cast his vote and seal my fate either way."

Zardock (Group 27)

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"So impatient, Zardock...", Belial said in a mocking tone.
"Again, I find myself agreeing with the twins... Mel'Reyna seems determined to stall our efforts. I am gonna sound a hipocrite now, but... She is suspicious of Zardock. She says so herself. By her own admittance, she is considering Zardock a likely suspect. She has two options then; voting for Zardock, and make sure we get something done before the day is over, or stick to her choice. Though she does make an argument for her choice, the right choice in her situation would be to vote for Zardock - progress must be made. Instead, she leaves the decission up to someone else - we might not ge anywhere, and if we do and Zardock proves innocent, she wasn't among those that codemned him. Very convenient, girl..."
Belial, paused for a bit, then continued.
"This, then, is the hypocritical part. I could vote for Zardock, and we could move on. But I find myself more and more convinced that that pretty little body over there hides something real ugly. I just hope some of you others will see the logic here. I urge you to consider the case the twins laid out, and Mel'Reynas behaviour."

Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

"That's cute, accusing me of stalling us while you lock the votes into a stalemate. Fine, you want 'progress' so badly, you can have it."

Unvote - Khadarel
Vote - Zardock

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"i did say I was a hypocrite, didn't I? And let me just point out, that if Zardock turns out innocent, we might read Mel'Reynas little change of heart here as her attempt to end the day before someone else changes their vote to her. If I had the slightest doubt about my vote before, I certainly don't now."