Corsair based army list. Any thoughts???

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lokhir khial
Slave on the Altar

Corsair based army list. Any thoughts???

Post by Lokhir khial »

I love corsairs and i was wondering if any one, had any ideas for a corsair based list that should hold up pritty well against high elves and lizzardmen.
I allready have 1 regiment of 20 corsairs FC with two hand weapons, 5 cold one knights FC and a sorceress.

Any help? Thanks
Kaine calls to you, i shall help you to see him.
Brotherhood of the Coast!
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Corsair based army list. Any thoughts???

Post by Rabidnid »

Lokhir Khial wrote:I love corsairs and i was wondering if any one, had any ideas for a corsair based list that should hold up pritty well against high elves and lizzardmen.
I allready have 1 regiment of 20 corsairs FC with two hand weapons, 5 cold one knights FC and a sorceress.

Any help? Thanks

What points are you playing at and what models do you have?
"Luck is the residue of design"
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, Lokhir Khial, welcome in D.net and welcome even more among the Brotherhood of the Coast! :D

Against ASF High Elves, the best advice is to go shooting-heavy.
ASF BG or ASF COK, many assassins and chariots are good as well.
You can face dragons even in small games.
Their mages have a default spell and they own a banner that can make our sorceresses' life difficult.

Lizardmen are a pain with their blowpipes, do not take a Manti.

Against both of them, the RoH is mandatory to ruin their magic.

See the D.R.A.I.C.H. for extensive counseling (the "know your enemy" part). It's stickied on top of the Tactics forum.

For your corsairs, there are two main uses:

20 AHW corsairs, FC, the SSS (and an assassin when facing HE): outstanding against lightly armoured foes. If you take two of these units (not advised because they fulfill the same role), provide the second one the AP banner.

10 RHB corsairs, handbows. It's a cheap unit which, when well played, is excellent in ruining whatever plans the opponent had. It is a great shield for dense light shooting (excellent when facing HE & Lizzies). It's a unit that can be sacrificed for a higher value unit. And it's a unit that can turn and face any light annoying skirmisher and get rid of them.

Lokhir Fellheart (any family ties with you?) is considered a little bit too expensive and good mostly against light troops. He lacks ASF and high strength. However, if he can join an ASF BG or a COB-KB-boosted troop, he should be very playable!

Corsairs can deal only with lightly armoured troops.
They need to be complemented with hard hitters, or to have the CoB available. See => Brothers of the Coast – Creating a Corsair League for the fluff of a corsair's COB. See the D.R.A.I.C.H. Army List section for more corsairs lists.
Convenient hard hitters include COK and COC, assassins as well.

Have fun and tell us more about your experience!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lokhir khial
Slave on the Altar

Re: Corsair based army list. Any thoughts???

Post by Lokhir khial »

What points are you playing at and what models do you have?[/quote]

Well about 2,000 points, and i am really starting from scratch when it comes to this army apart from 20 corsairs with two hand weapons, 5 cok FC and a sorceress.
Kaine calls to you, i shall help you to see him.
Brotherhood of the Coast!
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

definitely want some RBTs, their a staple to any army really, and fit perfectly with the fluff of your list