Har Ganeth Themed army help. (2250pts)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Har Ganeth Themed army help. (2250pts)

Post by Skruv23 »

Hi, I'm kinda in love with the city of Har Ganeth, Everything about it screams bloody evil murder. So I'm thinking of a Har Ganeth themed army, and a made a few prototypes but find them lacking... something. Hoping you guys might help me out. This is what I got so far.

Dreadlord,Soulrender, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Seadragon cloak - 196pts (Black Ark Corsairs)
11 Executioners, Full command, - 162pts
11 Executioners, Full command, - 162pts
6 witch elves, Hag, Cry of war - 80pts
1 Death hag bsb with Hag grief banner, Dance of Doom, hand of Khaine - 195pts (Executioners)
1 death hag + couldron - 200pts
1 assassin, Additional hand weapon, Manbane, Rune of Khaine - 146pts (Executioners)
1 Sorc, 2 dispel scrolls - 150pts
18 Black ark Corsairs, Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard - 230pts
5 Dark Riders, Reapeter Crossbows - 110pts
5 Dark Riders, Reapeter Crossbows - 110pts
7 Harpies - 77pts
7 Shades, Great Weapons - 126pts
1 War Hydra - 175pts
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower - 100pts
Last edited by Skruv23 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself."
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Hey dude, I love Har Ganeth too but here's what springs to mind:

1. Dreadlord can't join exe's as he isnt a khainite.
2. With the witch elves if you're fielding them in a unit that small I'd just run them naked so then can be cheap distractions etc.
3. In a list I had written up I was going to use a Death Hag w/ Hag Graef Banner, but her frenzy made her a liability. Everyone said it was much better to have her with a CoB. So you might consider dropping her and throwing in a second CoB.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

Okey, threw the Dreadlord into the Corsair unit and put the assassin with the second Executioner unit instead. Anything else you think i should change?
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

awesome to see an army with ASF executioners!!!

i would take slightly different setup for the execs, take a block of 15 with the asf Hag, and then a flanking unit of 5, you could put the assassin in the corsairs unit for a really nasty surprise

for you hag i find an offensive setup with rune of khaine/manbane really works well, as a 5+ ward from the CoB can do what dance of doom does, or give her +1 attack to make her even better at killing things.

i'd give your dreadlord crimson death or soulrender if hes not mounted, as he'll be able to deal massive damage for more then one turn.
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

Yea, I'm not actual happy with the Dreadlords equipment (Fluff wise) but with this setup I'll have 3 units that has something with ASF, Its gonna be nasty to run int this army. I'd like to keep the 2 executioners units at the size there at now.... Mostly for fluff reasons ... And It will look kick ass with 2 nice blocks of Executioners marching down the middle of a battle field carving swift and bloody death around. :)
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Umm check your Death Hag bsb, she's spent 5 more points on Gifts than she can and you've also added her up wrong. She'd be better with Mb +RoK anyway gives her more attacks.

You've calculated her at 160pts when she should be 205. But she can only spend 50pts on Gifts; Dance of Doom is 30pts and Rune of Khaine is 25.

Also what about this Dreadlord it fits in more theme wise;
Dreadlord 230pts
-Soulrender, Armour of Darkness, Pendant of Khaeleth, Null Talisman.

He'll hit at S6 with like -4 to armour saves or something every turn, he has 1+ Armour Save and with the Pendant he can stand up to other characters in challenges. Plus if any spells get thrown at him or his unit you get an extra dispel dice.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

The BsB has the Hand of Khaine not Rune of Khaine, the hand is only 15 pts. but i still think i added her up wrong.. 2 secs.... She should be at 195pts. (editing)
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Ahhh hand of khaine sorry, misread. I'm in love with Rune of Khaine at any rate...=]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

Hehe yea the Rune is awesome, but I kitted the hag a bit defensive as i don't want her to die.
Willowdark
Shade

Post by Willowdark »

Would you consider dropping the Witch Elves entirely for a second RBT. You'll need to make up 20 pts from somewhere, but I can't help but think that one RBT alone just won't do what you want it to.

Beyond that, it is a really good list. ASF w/ Frenzy and Hatred and I wouldn't be too concerned about your DH dying to anything short of enemy characters. And if you go with RoK and Manbane instead then the likelihood of scoring and killing first will keep her safer than Hand of Khaine and Dance will. I really think you'd be better off, especially considering the minimum 2 ASF, Hatred, st 6, KB attacks coming from your Execs on the corners.

What about condensing your 2 Execs into one unit of 18 w/ Warbanner? After loosing the extra models and the second command group you would have enough for some more Harpies. I find its best to have more than one since they are so flexible and having only one means that if there are multiple jobs that could be done, one will have to be sacrificed. Plus, with all of that Frenzied liability you'll need the extra screen.

And, with only one unit of Execs w/ the ASF BSB, you won't be forced to leave your Assassin to babysit the other unit and can be free to put him with the Corsairs or the Shades, depending on your enemy and deployment.
Representing The Battle Glade, whether they like it or not.

In the Winter,
The long and hallow eaves of the Willow
Dance like the shadows of Loec.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

A few comments:

1) If you are going to take a unit of Executioners with a Death Hag BSB with the ASF banner, I would make the unit a bit bigger. You can bet it's going to be targeted by masses of missiles and magic, so you need a few more bodies to soak it up. A unit of 18+ is probably ideal in this situation.

Alternatively, you could: (a) drop the Death Hag BSB in favor of another Assasin so that you will have 1 in each unit; and (b) give the Cauldron Daeth Hag the BSB simply to healp with Stubborn re-rolls by the Execs.

2) Corsairs don't really fit the Har Ganeth theme in my mind. Warriors are more generic and would be fine if you have the models. Don't know if I would put a Dreadlord with them though ...
Truly These are the End Times ...
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

Made a lot of changes to the list today. (And my enter button on my keyboard is dead so I'm REALLY annoyed :P )

Dreadlord Coraline Deathstrike - 257pts (Cold One Knights)
Cold One
Heavy Armour
Seadragon Cloak
Crimson Death
Pendant of Kaeleth
Null Talisman

Death Hag - 275pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Couldron of Blood
Rune Of Khaine
Manbane

Soreceress - 150pts (Spearmen)
2 dispel scrolls

Assassin Freja Deathtouch - 151pts (Executioners 1)
Additional Hand Weapon
Touch of Death
Rune of Khaine

Assassin Cale Baneblade - 146pts (Executioners 2)
Additional hand Weapon
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

15 Dark Elf Warriors - 117pts
Champion, Standard
Shields

5 Dark Riders - 117pts
Musician
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders - 117pts
Musician
Repeater Crossbows

6 Harpies - 66pts

12 Executioners - 174pts
Full Command

12 Executioners - 174pts
Full Command

7 Shades - 126pts
Greatweapons

5 Cold One Knights - 200pts
Full Command
Banner Of Murder

War Hydra - 175pts

Total: 2245pts

Only thing I'm not sure about is the gifts on the Death hag, she gets VERY expensive kited like that and I can't help but to think another unit of Harpies or a bit more spearmen might be better here. What do you guys think?
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I like this list a LOT better. A couple things to note:

1) I think you can run the Death Hag on the Cauldron with no upgrades aside from the BSB. It's an easy unit to protect (especially if you can hide behind stubborn troops or terrain) and it can't voluntarily charge into combat (being a warmachine and all) so the gifts aren't really needed.

2) In a minimum-sized unit of knights, your Dreadlord will not get a "Look out sir!" roll since the Champion does not count as a rank-and-file model for the purposes of that rule. Something to consider if you expect to face cannons. Then again, with the Pendant of Khaeleth, you may not care ;)
Truly These are the End Times ...
Skruv23
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skruv23 »

Exactly, with the pendant I'd rather my lord take the hit as against most big artillery I'll get a 2+ ward :P

But yea, I'll think I'll strip the Hag and Put the points somewhere else.. I'll have to think about on what during work tonight. Thanks for the input. :)