Harpies. nowhere to be seen.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zenith
Noble

Harpies. nowhere to be seen.

Post by Zenith »

Well i cant order any harpies at my local store, are they being redone?
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

we don't know, some people say that they'll be redone and released dureing the mythical ''second wave'' But you can't order them anymore so I hope it is true.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Nirous
Warrior

Post by Nirous »

Second wave?
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

The current harpies are fine, so the chance they wil get redone is very low. The current trend in plastic kits is masses of addons, and harpies really don't fit into that style of figure. It would be more likely to be something like plastic DR which could use a lot of extra stuff like shields or RXB.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Kalthorn
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kalthorn »

Well I just received my order of harpies from GW direct and it seems you CAN order harpies and that they are not discontinued. Also they are available on their online shop....
Ee
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ee »

I certainly wouldn't mind new DR and Harpies in plastic, you tend to get a bit more for your buck (more does not necessarily mean more figures)
Badhatharry
Trainee Warrior

Post by Badhatharry »

Harpies and a large amount of other models that don't sell in quantities were recently removed from all stores and are now only available direct (or the store can order it for you, or you can order from the site with store pickup - no shipping on either of those options).
Cauldron of Blood is another one you won't see on the shelf anymore.

Each store will have at least 10 packs of Lokhir Fellheart though.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Rabidnid wrote:The current harpies are fine

Thats a matter of opinion :P

BadHatHarry is 100% correct though.
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

Well i saw some old harpies from the 80s or something on ebay, they look far more harpy-er to me. i could use them right. this raises the question. could i still use the older DE armybook ? not that i want this, but still i could be possible right

About the cauldron, its fine. as the actual "khaine statute" is bloody handed ugly. but thats personal.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

You just have to make your opponent agree. You can't take an old book to tourneys, but for anything else, don't ask us - ask your opponent.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kuroi
Warrior

Post by Kuroi »

BadHatHarry wrote:Harpies and a large amount of other models that don't sell in quantities were recently removed from all stores and are now only available direct (or the store can order it for you, or you can order from the site with store pickup - no shipping on either of those options).
Cauldron of Blood is another one you won't see on the shelf anymore.

Each store will have at least 10 packs of Lokhir Fellheart though.

Pardon my french but that sucks Oo Delivery through my local stores is 2-2 ½ weeks, and for some reason GW's website refuses to accnowledge my postal code as legit... Some of us prefer to just be able to go into a physical store, pick up whatever we came there for, purchase it and leave....or just browse the wares if there's and afternoon and there's nothing else to spend it on :/.
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

I have been waiting for my one blister of Harpies from GW for 2 months now. If they are direct only, GW dropped the ball on my order and did not tell the store they would not fill it.

*grumble*
Kalthorn
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kalthorn »

You could also try phone ordering. Good service the last time I ordered by phone.
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Zenith wrote:Well i saw some old harpies from the 80s or something on ebay, they look far more harpy-er to me. i could use them right.

If you mean these ones: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/ ... arpies.jpg (excuse the mid-90's paintwork) then yes you can use them but they fit 25mm bases rather than 20mm bases (we shared models with Chaos Furies back then).
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Roark
Slave on the Altar

Post by Roark »

Gamezone do awesome harpies. Check 'em out. They put everything else to shame.