2'000 point Tower of Blessed Dread themed list.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Johan chill
Executioner

2'000 point Tower of Blessed Dread themed list.

Post by Johan chill »

Comments are welcome, but, please kep in mind, this is a heavily themed list. I basically want to know if it has a chance of winning games rather than if it's GT worthy, and any obvious equipment problems that, or cool combos. :)

I'd also like to know if anyone has any particular tricks they know of when using some of these units in conjunction. I'm yet to play this Edition or Army Book, so "rusty" is an understatement for my playing abilities.

HEROES

Lokhir Fellheart, Captain of the Tower of Blessed Dread.
250pts

Battle Standard Bearer: Armour of Darkness and Ring of Hotek.
155pts

Master: Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Ring of Darkness and Manticore Mount.
359pts

CORE

15 Black Ark Corsairs: Two Hand Weapons and Full Command.
175pts

15 Black Ark Corsairs: Two Hand Weapons and Full Command.
175pts

5 Dark Riders: Repeater Crossbows and Musician.
117pts

SPECIAL

6 Shades: Two Hand Weapons, Light Armour.
108pts

6 Shades: Two Hand Weapons, Light Armour.
108pts

5 Cold One Knights: Full Command with Null Rod.
190pts

5 Cold One Knights: Full Command with Null Rod.
190pts

RARE

War Hydra.
175pts

1'998 points on the dot.

I know it's not exactly orthodox, but I think it has potential if played by a hand who loves it. ;)
Last edited by Johan chill on Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Narius phinshredder
Executioner

Post by Narius phinshredder »

I can't claim I'm an amazing player but I can quote what has been said to me. I notice from your list that your not taking advantage of DE firepower, apart from being able to fire of 10 shots from your DR. Most players will have a unit of at-least 10 bowmen. I'd have a dreadlord on the manti, freeing up a hero slot so you can have a lev2 (1 at the least) with a scroll. The reason being that, should your protection fail from the ROH you'd be pretty much helpless against magic! Obviously you'd need to reclaim points from the rest of your army!

The problem with the COK is always going to be reliability when you need them the most, i'd take 1 unit of 6 to keep the liability to a minimum. (I'm using Malus Darkblade in my 3K list in a unit of 6).

Without a RBT you're going to be lacking the ability to clear a path, even though you have the manticore, he is probably going to be tied up with any large target.

Maybe 2 units of shades is a bit too much.

Like you've said it's a themed army so fair enough if you want to go heavy combat, you've got the hatred rule to help with every unit you've chosen. I think personally i'd try to put in at-least 1 RBT though and maybe get a lev1 sorceress.
Johan chill
Executioner

Post by Johan chill »

In my experience, Dark Elf forces, at range, can be nice but very unreliable. I have the 2 units of Shades as well, and they let out a good 24 shots a turn.

As for the hero choices, I couldn't squeeze the points around and still have everything I wanted, initially. I will consider dropping a unit of Shades to upgrade the Master to a Dreadlord after some playtesting though. I do, however, refuse to indulge Scroll Caddys on principal. They're not points practical, nor are they conceivable really. Not how you'd want to think of a proud Sorceress anyhow. That's purely my own opinion though.

I've got two units of Cold One Knights because I really wanted lots of punch, I really like the models, I think they look better with numbers, and two is more reliable than one. ;)

RBT's fall under my gripes with shooting explained above. It's not consistent despite its potential, and therefore I'd prefer to spend the points reinforcing my army's focus. Again though, that's just what I'm comfortable playing.

Besides, what kind of pirate is going to take the time to lug one of those things around when he's raiding?
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I like this list, let me know how Lokhir plays out when you get into some games.

With the Master on Manti, I like the Ring of Darkness over the Cloak of HG because the ring will shroud your manticore from shooting but the Cloak will not affect the strength of shots that may hit your Manticore unfortunately.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Johan chill
Executioner

Post by Johan chill »

Ah, thanks for the tip, Zardock. :D

OP edited.