2250 Witch Cult

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mostlyharmless
Noble

2250 Witch Cult

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I thought I would share this list with everyone. I took this list to TSHFT last month, and took second place with it. I only lost to one opponent: a Vampire Counts player who had 3 corpse carts, all of his characters in one big skeleton unit, and a unit of 10 cairn wraiths.

Lords:

Crone Hellebron, the Hag Queen

Heroes:

Death Hag
Cauldron of Blood

Death Hag
BSB
Standard of Hag Graef
Rune of Khaine

Master
Light Armor
Ring ot Hotek

Core

8 units of 5 witch elves. 50 pts each

Special

26 Executioners
Standard
Musician
Tullaris of Har Ganeth

5 Shades

2 units of 5 shades with additional hand weapon. 85 pts each

Other

2 assassins
additional hand weapon
Rune of Khaine
Touch of Death
Poison that let's me re-roll 1's to wound
171 each

total is 2249

Just thought I would share it. Basic set up: Crone and BSB in executioners, right next to the cauldron. Master is in the unit of shades without 2 HW and hiding behind the cauldron/executioners. the witch elves form a wall in front of the executioners and across the entire field. The other 2 units of shades are doing their scout thing, each with an assassin. The cauldron is constantly granting the executioners a 5+ ward save. The other lists I fought with this list at the tournament were dwarfs, which had too many targets to get rid of all the witch elves, Empire, which ran into the same problem, and 2 lizardmen lists, whose slaan suffered many miscasts, but also couldn't keep up with so many units on the board.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

I like it. The lack of magic defence, and ASF opponents, will be a problem, but it should give everybody else a run.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Missile fire would also be a problem, but don't see many shooty army on the tournament scene these days. Except for Daemon armies with Flamers that is.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I begin to wonder if people read the entire post.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Mostlyharmless wrote:I begin to wonder if people read the entire post.

Sure, but without saying who you fought your second place is meaningless. I have destroyed lists like yours with impunity, so I'm assuming you were lucky in your opponents.
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I did say who I fought. It's at the bottom of the post.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Mostlyharmless wrote:I did say who I fought. It's at the bottom of the post.

Ah my mistake. Nicely done versus the lizzies, and smacking dwaves about is always rewarding :)

Have you played HE or magic heavy DoC with this list? and if so, how did you go?
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I've played against mostly woodelves, and demons that use a bloodthirster. So far, the only guy to take Crone down has been the demon player, and he managed to pull it off with some Nurgle magic. In the end, I still beat him because Crone is not the lynch pin of the army. She's there to make witch elves core. We don't have many high elf players at my LGS . . . or magic heavy daemon players. Though, at the rate this army wins, I have to retire it. I received alot of flak from the two lizard players I stomped at the tournament. I'm sharing this list in hopes that my fellow druchii players will start using executioners as more than just a speed bump or flanker, that they are quite nasty with the right build.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Mostlyharmless wrote:I've played against mostly woodelves, and demons that use a bloodthirster. So far, the only guy to take Crone down has been the demon player, and he managed to pull it off with some Nurgle magic. In the end, I still beat him because Crone is not the lynch pin of the army. She's there to make witch elves core. We don't have many high elf players at my LGS . . . or magic heavy daemon players. Though, at the rate this army wins, I have to retire it. I received alot of flak from the two lizard players I stomped at the tournament. I'm sharing this list in hopes that my fellow druchii players will start using executioners as more than just a speed bump or flanker, that they are quite nasty with the right build.

HAHAHAHA, the lizzie playerrs should have walked all over it. An engine would have wiped out the witches and shades, and the exes are still a speed hump. That they are too stupid to beat the list is not your problem.

I use a witch block with ASF death hag BSB and FC with manbane and RoK, and BoM on the standard. At 400 points it really does pound though things. I wll give Helbron a go at some point, but not really change my list around that much. Just enlarge the witches and drop her in there. The 50 point witch units are a cute idea, but it is much too vulnerable for me. I will stick with my core or RXB crossbows and just expand the number of witch units from 1 to 3. I might post a list so you can see my thinking.
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

well, I'm trying to bring back witch elf MSU, and it worked rather well. there were way too many witch elves for them to deal with. Charge one witch elf unit one turn, and you'll get two in the flank next turn. At least that's how I managed to pull it off. I'm good at pulling victories out of my hat like that.