2250 Semi-Khainite list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jbrom
Slave on the Altar

2250 Semi-Khainite list

Post by Jbrom »

First time posting on Druchii, though I've played the army ~5 years now. Haven't played too many games in the last few years though, and I'm just starting to get back into things.

Let me know what you think. My list is a Dune Elf theme and painted with browns, dark skin, blue on blue eyes, etc. The Hydra is a huge sculpted sand worm.

Master - GW, SDC, Blood Armor, Pendant of Khaeleth (General, w/ BGuard)
Master (BSB) - CO, HA, SDC, Shield, Sword of Might, Ring of Hotek
Death Hag - Cauldron of Blood
Sorceress - Dispel Scroll x 2

Black Guard x 11, Tower Master (Soulrender), Standard, Hag Graef

Witch Elves of Khaine x 18 - Hag w/ Manbane

Spearelves x 20 - FC, Banner of Murder (Armor Piercing)

COKnights x 5

COChariot

Harpies x 5

Dark Elf Crossbowmen x 10, Shields

Dark Elf Crossbowmen x 10, Shields

Dark Riders x 5

Reaper Bolt Throwers x 2

Hydra

2249 points

Input appreciated! I could drop one of the bolt throwers, make the general a Lord, give him Crimson Death (or swap it to the Tower Master and give him Soulrender/Armor of Darkness).

Thanks!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: 2250 Semi-Khainite list

Post by Calisson »

JBrom wrote:My list is a Dune Elf theme and painted with browns, dark skin, blue on blue eyes, etc. The Hydra is a huge sculpted sand worm.
Wow! :shock:
Please post pictures!

and...

We have 14526 registered users
The newest registered user is JBrom

welcome in D.net! :D

The list seems well balanced at first sight.
Not many harpies/DR though, and the BG could be larger.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jbrom
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jbrom »

I'm pretty clueless as to posting pictures, though I can certainly give it a whirl. I'm a decent painter, no match to GeOrc, or some of the other folks who post here, but I've done some conversions and the idea for the army has been novel enough to entertain me for years.

I have no Cauldron of Blood, but I'm basically going to construct one from spare carapaces, spines and talons from Tyranids. It should be pretty cool.

The harpies are actually converted kroot hounds with wolf heads and sculpted fir manes. They're sorta like jackals. I use them almost exclusively to march block and not much else.

I like Dark Riders a lot, but I just can't fit another unit in the list as it's currently constructed. I could swap a unit of DRs in for one of the BTs, and save 15 points for magic items, but one bolt thrower has seemed of middling consequence in games past.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Ok -- based on your descriptions, I REALLY want to see pictures.

List looks fairly solid. Black Guard unit appears a bit small though and Witch Elves a bit large. Consider moving the Banner of Murder to Witch Elves. Also, if you have the models, I would drop one RBT for a second unit of Dark Riders.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Jbrom
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jbrom »

Here's a link to photobucket where I've posted some of the pictures of models I've painted. I'm not the best photographer, so apologies that some are out of focus or have bad lighting.

http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... =slideshow
Tar-ciryan
Warrior

Post by Tar-ciryan »

Those concersions are amazing, especially the heroes. How did you do those, specifically the flying spite?
(°°) Cthulhu themed corsairs FTW!
/()\ Brotherhood of the Coast!
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Good stuff!

I particularly like the Black Guard (since they showcase the color sceme really well) and the BSB conversion. That back-banner is really cool.

I think I may have seen your army at a tournament before -- the Fell Beast with Spite's head looks familiar. Do you happen to live in California?
Truly These are the End Times ...
Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mangara »

The BSB is absolutely amazing, as soon as I saw it I began digging through my stuff for some old Cold One Knights to hack up and mutilate in an attempt to emulate that model. Just as Dyvim Tar said the Black Guard are the best looking unit in the army and they show the colors well.

I also admire you for having the patience to mount shades so they rank up =P.
Corwin
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Corwin »

I especially like your metal. What's your technique?
Jbrom
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jbrom »

The witch elves actually present a lot better than the picture I took suggests. It's sort of a fuzzy pic, but the poison on the blades makes them pop nicely. The spearelves I've just started working on, so they're at the early stages yet. I have a tourney next week in Idaho I'm going to, so I'm just trying to get some color on them, and base them so they're reasonably presentable. After it's over, I'll go over the individual models with more time and finish them properly and then varnish them. Of all the pictures I posted there, really only the characters and Blackguard are done and varnished. Even the Lord on Cold One isn't varnished yet, as I still need to do some work on his weapon and I don't know if I like his face all that much yet.

The mounted noble is Malus, the body is the chaos dragon from warmaster, and the head is Spite's. The wings are the OOP Manticore model wings.

I used to live in Minnesota, and I've competed in a couple tourneys out there with the army. I've never been to a CA tourney.

I'm actually really excited about the Cauldron. I still need to do some more modeling work on the upper portion of the worm and on the water around it, but I think it'll be really cool and fit the Dune theme well once it's done. It's going to be a water of life cauldron (for those that have read the books). The whole army is based on the book, they're the Dune Elves. The worm I even call Shai'Halud in the army list. I used to take him last edition when Hydras sucked just because he fit a hydras stat line I thought.
Jbrom
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jbrom »

The army has no metalic paint in it at all. I wanted to paint it as if they were using carapace armor from worms, and teeth carved into various shapes for their weapons. Chitin, that sort of thing.