'Ard Boyz Results

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Old_crow
Trainee Warrior

'Ard Boyz Results

Post by Old_crow »

So after the dust settled, the 'Ard Boyz preliminary event came to an end and I found myself in second place.

1 Beasts of Chaos
2 Dark Elves (Me)
3 Vampire Counts

I played the Beasts list in the first round and scored a minor loss. My dreadlord and dragon decided to fluff their attacks against Khazrak and then lost the combat by one. I then rolled a 12 for the break test and a 4 for the flee. The poor fleeing distance was a theme for this game and most of my bait and flee tactics failed because the fleeing units were getting caught left and right. Very frustrating!

Second round, I played against the Brettonian Royal Airforce. He had several units of pegasus knights, a big unit of Grail Knights, a small unit of knights of the realm, two small Men at Arms units, 10 Bowmen, 2 Trebuchets, Lord on Hippogriff, Hero on Pegasus, level 3 sorceress and a couple of paladins in the Grail Knights. Bait and flee worked perfectly in this game and I was able to dictate where he charged and set up flank and rear charges with my heavy hitters. Solid Victory.

Third Round, Vampire Counts. Tough game against a Vampire Castle list supported by two Corpse Carts and several vamps. He had me seriously outclassed in the magic department with 14PD against my five DD and two scrolls. I tried to keep his crucial movement spells in check and ride out his direct damage spells. It was a close game but I managed to squeeze out a minor win.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I am completely surprised that a Beastmen army could win at 'Ardboyz. Wow.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Old_crow
Trainee Warrior

Post by Old_crow »

Yeah, Beasts seemed like an easy match up but his army is very slippery and hard to pin down.

He started the game with a large herd, containing three shaman and Khazrak in it, 3 Dragon Ogres, 5 Chariots, a Great Bray Shaman and 5 Slaanesh Spawn. Everything else was held in Ambush.

I tried a bait and flee strategy against his chariots but my constant poor flee rolls saw most of my bait units caught and destroyed, my average roll being a 6 on three dice (this happened four times during that particular game). My shooting was also very disappointing and my opponent was a very good general, so I lost.
Colonel
Black Guard

Post by Colonel »

I brought chaos dwarfs with 3 earthshakers, 2 death rockets, and 6 bolt throwers, thinking I could kill all the dragons that came out to play. I ended up with a loss and 2 draws as my dice were terrible and my opponents played well.