HELP me to improve the D.R.A.I.C.H. !

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

Calisson wrote:It is not necessarily useless to write about what you don't know: I made an article about Execs and another about Shielded-DR, about which I have no experience whatsoever, and some indulging people did express to have found an interest about them, while I never heard about the silent majority who did not daresay how terrible were the results.

And with outstanding results, dare I say. Understood. I will consider taking a look after everything else is done. But let's see how far I get first. :lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

One more achieved: the BG.
How to relate the obvious in 10 pages? => Pretend it's for the dummies!

Is anyone interested in summarizing one or two of the anti-strategies from "Know your enemy"? See 1st post of this thread.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I would be happy to do High Elves, as I knowhtem pretty well and also know how best to beat them
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Thanatoz
Noble

Post by Thanatoz »

My next article will be about the Cauldron of Blood, as previously mentioned.

Do you want me to move the old links inside the article (they are essentially my sources), as my articles are full summaries of those threads?

That would allow you to clean up the posts in the relevant section of the Draich, increasing the readability, and anyone looking to dig deeper can still get the hyperlinks.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If you think that more detailed information can be found in some of the previous links, then it is worth reproducing them somewhere in your article.
Probably most of the threads need not to be kept.

Normally, when a D.R.A.I.C.H. comprehensive article is written form older threads, like yours, I double-check and remove all the former related links. Sometimes I do mention some interesting link but only if it includes really worthy complementary information.

In the future, if new ideas are expressed in new threads, that were not covered in the relevant recap D.R.A.I.C.H. thread, then I expect any D.netter to post a link in the relevant thread until the author integrates the new ideas in his thread. It shouldn't happen very often.
I've done that in D.R.A.I.C.H. Movement Phase, for example. But most of the time, further discussions don't reach any depth worth to be kept for the future.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

HE and Empire: done!

If you have a second army, this is your chance to write a very useful article.
Go ahead!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: HELP me to improve the D.R.A.I.C.H. !

Post by Calisson »

Hi mates!
Wish you the best for 2010.

I was wondering if some D.netters are still willing to mprove the D.R.A.I.C.H.?

1. The units has still 11 topics waiting for an author to be summarized,
including Zardock's promise for an article about Corsairs with AHW.

2. The Characters has still 13 topics waiting to be summarized,
including Marauder Mitch 2 volunteering few months ago for an article about Dragon mage and Thanatoz is working on the Assassin.

3. Know your enemy has still 13 topics waiting to be summarized.

You want to become rich and famous? At least this is the way for you to get the famous part. ;) See first post in this thread.
Last edited by Calisson on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I'm sure I can do something ... I'll take a look and see.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calisson wrote:I've started an article about chariots.
Out of fashion nowadays, but it will be useful whenever GW releases their new ones.
Done! :D

EDIT: 16 Feb: another one, about Shades.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Improving the D.R.A.I.C.H. - the last articles on units

Post by Calisson »

Improving the D.R.A.I.C.H. - the last articles on units

There are a couple of articles which are being written these days.
I've uptdated the first post of the present thread to reflect the volunteering I've received.

Once they are posted, the comprehensive review of all our units is close to be achieved! :D
There remain a few entries which have not yet been discussed thoroughly in a dedicated thread:

- DR (including RXB DR) => how to use this exceptional agile troop
- harpies => why every DE army should get some
- Hydra => easy to use. Or is it?
- Giants & DoW => could belong to the same article.
- Shadowblade, Crone Hellebron, Malekith, Malus Darkblade, Morathi => one article each, unless a comprehensive article deals with them all
- High Sorceress & Sorceress=> see next paragraph.
An article about sorceresses represents a lot of work, but the other articles are easier to complete.

About sorceresses, the task is not as immense as it seems. Please note that there is already a lot written about magic in several threads:
D.R.A.I.C.H Magic Phase Tactica and all the threads linked from it, including both Dyvim's stickied threads.
Another thread about Sorceresses needs not to rephrase what is already written. It could rather emphasise about the best settings for sorc, which units to babysit them, which terrain, well, all the good stuff found in the many threads collected in the D.R.A.I.C.H., but not about the magic phase itself.

There have been many authors participating to the D.R.A.I.C.H. project, which I know has been a great help for many D.netters. :)

This is your chance to join the team, :P
and in the process, you'll learn a lot about what you write and you'll become an expert in that field, no matter how little experience you may have.

This should be my last call for D.R.A.I.C.H. articles about units! :roll:
Hopefully, I won't be alone to complete the task!