Shadow Arena - Meat Grinder I - now in session!

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Shadow Arena - Meat Grinder I - now in session!

Post by Raneth »

What it says on the tin. Expect gore, excessive violence, and strict posting deadlines. My Arena is unforgiving in every way.

For the correct posting format, please read this first!

Just as important, here's how to create your character.

This free-for-all will commence as soon as 6 players have posted their character profiles (or when I grow tired of waiting). Each character starts at 3DP, survivors of previous Arenas get extra DP (do mention such feats in your entry post).
Last edited by Raneth on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Good luck! *touchwood*

Name: Kallus Heartcarver (m), Dark Elf.
Stats: M5, WS7, BS4, S3, T3, A7.
Weapons & Armour: Light Armour, Long swordx2, Spear.
Skills: Deception, Elven Agility, Heart Seeker.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well what with all of the goblins and squigs dieing of sudden heart failure Jorgin the Odd with once more be jabbed and proded through the gates and into the brave unknown.

Name: Jorgin the Odd (m) Chaos Dwarf
M3, WS6(7), BS4, S5(6), T7, A4
Weapons and armour: Heavy armour, helmet,small sheild, warhammer
Abilities: Armourd form, masterful strength, master of battle.

Once seen as something of a rising star in the ranks of of the Dwai Zhar Jorgin was captured by a heavily defended merchant caravan during a disastorus slave raid. The Dwarf was imprisoned for several years by members of the empire wizard's college devoted to the winds of metal. However after having finaly convinced them selves that Jorgin knew very little of intrest on the subjet (not being a sorcerer him self) he was released. Unfortunatly his time with the humans had alterd his perceptions of the world, when he returned home his family and friends hardly recognised him as he refused to take part in slaving, claiming that other races had rights! Unwilling to let such thoughts taint the rest of the population Jorgin was given as a gift to a certain Druchii noble with some bussines dealings with the Dwai Zhar, this noble in turn sold Jorgin the the Shadow arena, so here we are.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4
Weapons & armour: Hand axeX2, Helmet, Light Armour, Small shield
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Master of Battle, Chaos Curse

I used this character in the goblinfest topic but since we don't begin the goblinfest, I reassign the marauder here.
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: Right, I didn't feel like waiting any longer. The good news is: more than one of you might make it out alive. The bad news is: the chances of that happening are quite low.

IC:

Anxiously, the gladiators shuffled around in their cells in anticipation of the bloodshed to come. Looking through the rough metal bars they could see the Arena was circular with packed stands all around. At one side, the announcer stood on a balcony; the Nobles sat in their skyboxes at the other. Slaves were toiling to clear the floor of corpses and bringing in fresh sand while the crowd was being entertained by an acrobatic (and rather erotic) interlude. All the while that fateful moment of life and death drew ever closer; the silence left by the artists' closing act chilled the gladiators to the bone.

LADIE---S AND GENTLEMEN! We of the Shadow Arena are proud to annouuuuuuuuurk-k-k....!!! All present fell silent, heads turning from the arena floor to the announcer's skybox as one. They were just in time to see the announcer's lifeless corpse plummeting down into the arena, where the slaves casually dragged it away like they had so many. His place on the balcony had been taken by an old, pompous Dark Elf, bloodied knife in hand, surrounded by concubines and a thoroughly hammered posse. He proceeded to address the baffled crowd: Excuse the interruption, my fine kinfolk! There's been a change of plans; I am RANETH NAÏLO, and I'll be your host for tonight! Instead of our usual program we have a surprise lined up for you and our contestants! Introducing the stars of this evening...

The cage nearest the Nobles' seats opened up. Out stepped a rather unusual Dwarf, stocky and heavily armoured, who was greeted with jeers and hisses from the crowd.

...JORGIN THE ODD! A Chaos Dwarf, no less, banished by his kinfolk for refusing to accept their laws! They decided his punishment be exile to our lands, which is clear proof of their hatred for him! May he bleed to our joy!

Next up is...

The cage left of the Zhar opened with a screech. A human stomped outside, visibly corrupted by the Four Gods, roaring incoherent blasphemies and waving an axe about as he received the crowd's mocking.

MALORIUS! To be honest, I can't tell where my people found this mongrel. All I know is that I've lost a good Beastmaster, and as such it should make an interesting Keigh-Mon to watch! Let its flesh nourish our good Nauglir later on!

And our last champion...

To the Dwarf's right, another cage opened. Hands raised high, a well-armed but lightly armoured Druchii walked out, receiving the adulation and cheers of the masses.

Quiet, QUIET! All of you! As I was saying, KALLUS HEARTCARVER! Convicted of a crime too unspeakable to mention he now fights for your enjoyment! May he die in Khaine's great name!

The gladiator seemed a little taken aback by Naïlo's blessing, but appeared to remain confident nonetheless. The three gladiators looked around them; Is this it? All this bravado for us three punks? As if answering to their thoughts Raneth bellowed:

Now let's make this interesting! The reason I run this show - here's a sample of my personal stock!

The remaining cages below the announcer's balcony now opened. Three immensely large Orcs jumped out with bestial growls, sending a shudder through the stands - they were Black Orcs. Well armed and armoured, they took one look at the other contestants and then started to bicker over something rather loudly. While the crowd still looked on in horror, Raneth laughed at the Orcs' antics like a caring father would. I believe you all know the rules of Orcfest? Good, then this shouldn't be a problem... let's get started!

OOC: There are now two groups in the arena, one consisting of smelly, bickering Black Orcs, the other made up by your guys. As of yet, Jorgin stands in the middle, Malorius to his left, Kallus to his right. Orcs being Orcs (having to re-establish leadership and all) you have a moment to consult with each other (and for the sake of ease, you're all assumed to know some rudimentary Druch). Use it wisely, good luck guys. :twisted:

DEADLINE: Sunday October 25th

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Here we go again, Jorgin thought as the cage bars screeched upward I wonder what it’s going to be this time. After the strange incident with the goblins (Jorgin blamed the food, you couldn't trust an elf to do a proper job at looking after slaves and gobo slaves needed the right nutrition.

Warily Jorgin clenched his hammer in two fists. As the cage rose the dim sounds and half glimpsed images became clearer. As the crowd roared and hissed as their petty whims dictated, and a fat elf with a knife prattled on from the announcer’s box Jorgin seized up his competitors.

Malorius! as his name was called the hulking Northman came into view, truly a giant amongst a race of tall buggers. Jorgin had never liked humans. Still, this one looked worthy of some respect. You wouldn't want to spill his pint in a pub. Jorgin spat on the ground
Well were not in a pub, and people come to regret spilling my drinks. There's an old saying that comes to mind about tall buggers and falling.

As he considered the marauder the crowd erupted with cheers, a quick study of the next cage revealed the cause.
Kallus Heartcarver!! the name was followed by yet more pretentious rambling in a tongue Jorgin was only now coming to understand, but that was not important.
Pha, Jorgin spat onto the sand again.
Well looky here, another prancing wonder. I wonder if he can use those fancy tooth picks he's carrying. Unfortunately from the way he moved and carried himself Jorgin was forced to conclude that he probably did.
Still, he'd not survive a strong breeze in those pyjamas.

Jorgin looked around, somewhat confused; was this it? One on one fights were to be expected, but if you were going to bring in a group you would have thought you would need more than...
Screeeech!!! with the spine tingling sequel of rusting steel on rock three more cages began to open
Ah, here we go. What do we have here then? Jorgin's eye's narrowed as the three black orks stepped out of the gates. He was a tolerant dwarf by his people’s standards, far too tolerant in fact and he was generally willing to live and let live. But no Dwai Zhar could fail to feel something towards the Black Orks. They had come closer than anything in a long and glorious history to destroying everything the Chaos Dwarves held dear, and that took some getting over.
These ones look properly fed to. Hefting his hammer Jorgin eyed up the Orks (who were now, predictably, fighting one another); then the other two.
If I am going to die in this place I want those blasted orks dead before I go. Maybe these two will help, before turning on me like rabid dogs. Ah, worth a try.

In a broken and strained attempt at Dhruck Eltharion Jorgin said
Alright you two, I don't much trust you and I don’t doubt you would be happy to stick a blade in my gut as not. But here's a thought, those orks are going to be through squabbling in a mo, and once they have got a boss they will fight as a group. If any of us is going to make it out of here alive we will have to make sure their dead first. Up to you.

Taking a low and wary stance Jorgin will wait for any replies while staying vigilant for any sudden attacks.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Though the dark confines of his cell prevented him from making out too much detail within, Kallus saw the hypnotic writhing of the Druchii maiden who was the interlude between games. From somewhere around the arena a voice boomed out, "LADIES---S AND GENTLEMEN! We of the Shadow Arena are proud to annouuuuuuuuurk-k-k....!!!" Despite being new to this arena, Kallus was fairly certain that this wasn't how introductions were supposed to go. Kallus' belief that this wasn't how the introductions were confirmed when he saw a lifesless body crash into the sand and be swept up by the slaves who were cleaning the arena floor.

From his left Kallus heard the sounds of an old gate crash open and with it an inhumane smell assaulted his olfactory sense, "Oh god..." gasped Kallus, "a Zharr." Once the smell had passed Kallus recalled that the beasts name was Jorgin. "Please let him be the first to die. The smell of rotting flesh could be no worse than the smell of him alive."

To the far left a distinct crackling could be heard, even above the sounds of the arena. Kallus found himself surround by exotic laughter, blood fueled screams, smells of decay and promises of power. "Chaos scum." Kallus bent down and with practised ease wrote a single rune, a single rune that was dedicated to Khaine upon the sandy floor of his cell and with this rune he instantly felt the churning of malign energy disperse and flow back to their source.

Finally his door crashed open and he was able to step out of the dark of his cell. Kallus was greeted by the cheers of all those in attendance, even as the announcer briefly mentioned his "crimes". "...May he die in Khaine's great name!"
"Die?" Muttered Kallus, "No I will not die. But those before me shall me my Master much sooner than I shall." Pulling his black robes right around him, Kallus walked over towards the Chaos Dwarf. Breathing through his mouth the entire time.

The smelly dwarfs fat mouth struggled with the refined language of his people, though he did seem to have some knowledge of battle hidden somewhere amongst the mass of fat that definately clogged his arteries. "Perhaps it would be more beneficial if we spoke your foul Khazalid or the Dark Tongue for our chaotic friend over here?" Even as he spoke Khazalid to the Chaos Dwarf, Kallus found himself realising how much of a grating sound the language of dwarves truly was. God these two are ugly.Thought Kallus. "Unfortunately you are right and the Orcs will soon be finished squabbling. Since you're the fattest, heaviest and most like a fat rock that no one could or would ever be bothered to move I suggest you go in first and be a piñata," Kallus chuckled to himself as he imagined tying the dwarf to a tree and beating him with a stick before continuing, "Perhaps if we take out the one they elect as a leader the remainders will get a little distracted over who is the leader? Though since they're Black Orcs this is most likely wishful thinking. What say you Jorgin and Malorius?" Drawing his swords Kallus awaited his "allies" input. "Oh by the way Jorgin, if you spit upon the land of my people again; I am going to cut off your bottom jaw."

Drawing his swords Kallus awaited to see if either the smelly dwarf or the stupid human had any input, while keeping a weathered eye upon the black orcs.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

ooc: I only have a little time so a little post today.

ic:

Great Lord Of Chaos... What Am i doing here? A dwarf and a Druchii? That's all they found to help me to kill these Black Orc? I am already a dead man in this case...

Malorius looks around if he can take a chance to escape but this hope disapear pretty fast. The arena is a place to fight and die, not escape the amusement of the elves. His only chance was to fight with these two inappropriate ally and hope to survive any longer to kill them both after the orcs.

Alright guy's let do this! I don't car about you or your life... But I don't want to die for the pleasure of these elves. If we figth together we may have a chance.

Malorius keep his position and will wait the moment to strike with the two other warriors against the Black Orc.
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The three gladiators quickly came to terms with the cold facts: none of them would survive this ordeal if they didn't work together. Warily eyeing their new teammates, they all took up defensive stances in anticipation of the Orc assault.

Like all disputes between Orcs the outcome was decided swiftly and convincingly. The largest of them hammered his fist into the jaw of one of his kin, shattering the bone - the defeated Orc stumbled back a bit as black blood smeared all over his armor. The third laughed coarsely at the scene, then the victor of the argument ordered both to draw their weapons, fall in line and follow his lead. As they marched upon our three heroes in perfect unison, Naïlo cackled with glee: This is the end! GH'RAHK is a master tactician among Orcs, you three will only serve to strengthen my... I mean his reputation!

OOC:

The three Black Orcs now march upon you, the one called Gh'rahk flanked closely by his peers. He has drawn a Longsword and a Mace, whereas the two others have brought out their Warhammers. Currently they've covered about one-third of the distance but are building up speed steadily.

Kallus Heartcarver (3 DP)
Jorgin the Odd (3 DP)
Malorius (3 DP)

B.Orc - A (3 DP)
Gh'rahk (4 DP)
B.Orc - B (4 DP)

DEADLINE: Wednesday October 28th

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Jorgin straightened and looked directly at the ork trio, though he could not help but keep a wary eye on his 'allies'. Ignoring the elf's pointless jibes in mangled Khaazalid he kept to the point.
They'll not fight one another once there in the thick of it, they'll save that for later. No, the only way to stop an ork once he's in your midst is to kill him. Same goes for an army of em. Orks' have a saying, they recon they can never be beaten. If they win they win, if they die they die (so it doesn't count matter) and if they run away they will just come back later, stronger and more numerous than ever.
He spat once more, half out of habit, half testing the elf and his hollow threats. One way or another they would die to another, or fight each other. Why trivialise the cause?
There's some truth in that. The orks were advancing now, closing the distance with alarming rapidity.

Well I for one won’t wait for the Green skin to come to me. No use holding in place without a shield wall.
With no further ado Jorgin began to charge, armour clanking but slowing him not at all. A true dwarven warrior could march forty miles in a day, fight a battle at the end of it, pitch camp and still choose to grumble about the food or the weather, never his feet. A veteran could do all that and start over again without rest. Slow they might be, but it was never easy to stop a dwarf once he got going.

Hammer held in a firm two handed grip Jorgin ran toward the left most ork, it would not do to get surrounded and his allies were far from reliable.
I was right, Jorgin thought with a sour smile being a slave is bloody miserable.

Jorgin will not allow the orks any more momentum than they already have and will move to meet them, aiming for the one on the left of the leader. When he gets there he will put all his strength and momentum into a swing at the orks chest.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

Malorius sees the dwarf moving to intercept the black orc of the left.
I will not let a dwarf fight an orc and stay here like a coward waiting for them!he said.

he start murmured cursed against the orc and since the dwarf take care of the left one, he will move to meet the big one in the middle. A beautiful prey for him and the God of Chaos, a good offering for the Chaos.

For the greater God! Blood And Soul!

Malorius move to meet the orc. He will take an axe and his shield to block the orc in the middle and protect the flank of the dwarf.he will cursed his opponent and put all his strength and experience of battle into a swing at the orc right arm, trying to disarm him.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Posting right now. Ill just edit and put my post into this one.

IC:

"I assumed not, wishful thinking I suppose. Very well let us commence, if we can finish up soon enough I can track down a lovely flesh house," said Kallus more to himself than the others.
HCCCUUUKKKK---PTHU(sound of Jorgin spitting). Kallus smiled as he watched the fat, stinky, stunty dwarf's eyes flick over to him after he spat upon the lovely ground of his fair Naggaroth. I'll not forget your misdemeanour dwarf.

Looking up Kalus saw that the three orcs seemed to have moved across the field at a rather impressive rate. "At least you're right about one thing Dwarf. If you're not useful as shield wall then you really are useless." Kallus looked between the figures of Jorgin and Malorius and said softly, "Does anyone else want to kill this Nailo fool? His voice is rather like a ple of this most vile dung. A pile so vile that not even flies are attracted to it." Looking up Kallus saw that his "comrades" had already run off towards the enemy. The dwarf looking like a metal block with feet and the chaos fool gabbling silly with something about nothing. "I better take care of them. Only we Druchii are the true masters of the Old World and everything in it."

Removing the spear from his back, Kallus walked with the grace only an elf could manage towards the black orc directly across from him. "Come you disgusting shade of green, this day I shall see what colour your blood is!"

Kallus will draw his spear and walk slowly towards the black orc that has been left for him, all the while hurling insults at the ugly brute. As the brute gets closer and hopefully builds up a great deal of momentum, Kallus will attempt to use his amazingly superb Druchii relexes to step out of the way and use the butt of his spear to trip the orc over before throwing a quick thrust towards the rears of its exposed knees. However if he isn't able to trip it over or get out of the way quick enough, Kallus will dig his spear into the ground and attempt to trick the orc into impaling itself before drawing his swords and getting ready to continue.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: Drainial, don't forget to include your character profile in each post. I'm not the most organized of people. ;)

Having decided on cooperation, the contestants now prepared for the Orc onslaught. Jorgin was the first to act, bravely meeting his foe head-on, and the crowd made clear their approval as the Zharr and Black Orc brought their warhammers to bear. Bred for no other purpose than warfare, the Orc had a slight advantage in speed; just as Jorgin made to strike a mighty blow to his opponent's chest the Orc smashed his own hammer into the Dwarf's left arm. Against such a powerful weapon, armor provided scant protection if any and Jorgin roared in pain as he felt bones splinter and muscles torn apart. Unbalanced by the impact, his own blow went wide. Taunting bloodied Jorgin, the Orc smiled his filthy teeth bare. REvENge. FoR alL tHosE yeARs!

Kallus was the only one to stand his ground, trusting his reflexes and agility to carry the day. He whipped out his spear and waited for the Orc to approach. It attacked with a mighty bellow, intending to pulverise the Elf's head on the first swing, but Kallus was prepared and deftly shifted his balance at the last moment. The Orc was unable to adjust and missed Heartcarver's head... but not by much. Lightning-fast was then Kallus' spear, but the Orc's stout armor stopped it from piercing the flesh. Angry growls were exchanged between these two opponents as the crowd urged them to shed blood.

At the center of the arena, Malorius and Gh'rahk faced off. The Orc's fearsome charge was met with all kinds of dishonor - the crowd recoiled in horror as the Marauder called upon the favour of his Gods, slowing and disorienting his foe as Warp-entities made their way into his small mind. Undaunted, Gh'rahk persisted, only to have Malorius kick up sand in his eyes. Relishing the opportunity, the pawn of Chaos swung his axe in a wide, devastating arc, ripping through the Orc's armor and arm muscles, and causing it to roar in pain. Blind with anger, Gh'rahk now launched a flurry of blows at the Marauder, sword and mace wielded with desperate resignation. Despite the Chaos curse that still gnawed at his soul, the Orc managed to land a solid mace blow to the side of Malorius' head. As the Marauder felt a thick drip of blood pouring from his ear, the stands exploded with cheering at this display of violence.

Naïlo, however, was enraged at the wounding of his prized fighter. Gh'rahk, you worthless half-breed! MONTHS I have invested in you, and now you repay me by earning defeat from a human!? Fix this %@!^%$%^ RIGHT NOW, you #$%^&*(^*$^!!!!

Whether Gh'rahk registered Naïlo's screaming, the contestants were unsure of. The Orc shook off the lingering effects of the curse Malorius had placed on him, and when it opened its eyes the Marauder could see a feral glint of amusement in them. The other two Orcs stood on edge as Gh'rahk emitted a low growl, our heroes unsure of its meaning. The growl quickly became a roar, and the others now joined in, several Druchii covering their delicate ears as once again the arena was engulfed in terror.

WAaAaaAAaAGGGghHHHH!!!!

OOC:

Combat is joined! Now to stay alive. Good luck guys! :twisted:

Kallus Heartcarver (3 DP)
Malorius (2 DP)
Jorgin the Odd (2 DP)

B.Orc - A (3 DP)
Gh'rahk (3 DP)
B.Orc - B (4 DP)

DEADLINE: Sunday November 1st

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

The hammer came hurtling towards his head and his amazing elven reflexes allowed him to dance around the incoming blow. "You may think you were close then orc, but you will never out do my skill." Spinning just out of reach of the orc, Kallus grinned to his opponent, more than confident in his own ability to win.
"Oh come on you fat brute, you are supposedly bred for war. You seem to have about as much skill in combat as a dwarven whore has in country matters," taunted Kallus, "your race is nothing but a bunch of slaves and Chaos Dwarves were right in breeding you, though they obviously do not understand how to break a beast such as yourself. You're lucky to even be alive."
He has thick skin and just as thick armour. I am going to have to aim for his soft squishy points. "Come on orc! Fight me if you dare for you will soon meet your so called gods," sung Kallus, beckoning the orc towards him, "meet your doom I have it for you."

Kallus will hurl insults at the orc in an attempt to cause it to attack him first, he will once again try and dodge out the way and get behind or at least to the side of the orc and attempt to thrust his spear into its underarm or any other soft spot.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Weapons and armour: Heavy armour, helmet,small sheild, warhammer
Abilities: Armourd form, masterful strength, master of battle.

Aghh! Jorgin bellowed as bones cracked in his arm
Bah, I hate Orks. But even as he thought he was moving again, it would never do to let the brute take the momentum. Stealing himself for the pain he knew full well was about to hit him Jorgin grasped his hammer and struck low, aiming for the Ork's gnarled knee.
As my old dad used to say, the bigger they are, the more their worth at market. No wait...thats not right.
Regardless the Dwarf swung to cripple the beast, it would not be quite so spry with a shatterd knee, if only he could do the shattering.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

Malorius move back, he can not see the blood, but he knows the blow of the orc hurt him badly.
He looks at the situation and see that all the three gladiator attack a different Black Orcs... a bad idea if they want to stay alive.

We have to attack the same Orc if we want to win this fight! One against one they will kill us easily. But Three against one we will kill them all! he think. But he can not tell that to this "companions" without warning the orc...

Blood for the Blood God! Skull for his Throne!

So Malorius decides to take a risk. He will used the moment the black orc take to roar to disengage his figth against him and charge the orc already wound by Gh'rahk at the begining of the fight. He moves faster than an orc so Gh'rakk will not be able to attack him back for a few second, if he can hurt badly the other orc with the dwarf, the little one can finish him easily and come to help him against the orc leader.

Malorius will used his speed to avoid Gh'rakk and attack the orc who face Jorgrim. Malorius will aim his attacks at the legs of the orc hoping to cut the orc legs out from under him and after that, let the dwarf finish him.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: kaleth, you got the wrong Orc. It's the one fighting Kallus that has been wounded by his Boss. Guess this leaves Jorgin in a nasty position. Did I mention I hate Dwarfs? :twisted:

OOC2: Sorry to keep you guys waiting - first day at my new job, I had to get some decent sleep last night. Sort of. ;)

In horror, the gladiators watched the effect Gh'rahk's bellow had on his peers. Their eyes widened, muscles bulged out and veins throbbed visibly along their skin. The crowd already celebrated the infamous burst of violence that typically followed the Orc war cry, Raneth cackling his approvement to his peers.

Bleeding badly, Jorgin narrowed his eyes in grim determination. His people knew full well the sheer might of the Black Orc, and he was not about to underestimate the one in front of him. On came the brute's mighty warhammer, enough force behind it to shatter the Dwarf's spine twice over - though Jorgin, through tenacity and prudence, managed to duck the swing and sweep low with his own maul. He hit the Orc squarely on the knee, and it collapsed with a loud grunt. His foe knocked prone, Jorgin had a short opportunity to reassess the situation and take in some well-deserved oxygen.

Near the center, Malorius dodged around Gh'rahk, trying to evade the greenskin and wear him out some more. However, the Waagh!-fuelled Boss would have none of it and with a sweep of his blade, cut a deep gash across the Marauder's chest, knocking him back a good few inches. The Northman then decided he'd had enough for the moment and successfully escaped out of Gh'rahk's reach, speeding to the other wounded Orc who was fighting Kallus. Gh'rahk, however, then noticed the enemy closest to him - a Zharr, standing over the prone form of one of 'is matez. Oi dEre, WeeKlinG! I'Ll shOw yoU hOw iT's DOne! Menacingly, he moved towards Jorgin, evil intent in his beady eyes.

Our Dark Elf hero still wielded his spear with utmost accuracy, but his Orc opponent, filled with Waagh! energy, became ever more bold in its approach. Before long Kallus saw his chance and thrust his long-bladed spear where the armor was weak, piercing through mail and flesh alike - but the Black Orc didn't seem to register the hit. Frothing at the mouth, it lashed out with its weapon - the maul's head impacting with a sickening crunch on the side of Heartcarver's skull, sending blood and bone splinters flying across the sand. The Druchii was hurled back several feet by the blow, but his foe did not slow down. Kallus was still mid-flight as the Orc used its terrifying strength to keep the swing in check and launch itself after the Elf. Kallus hit the sand hard, opening his eyes he just barely registered the hammer coming for his head once more and from that point his blessed Elven instincts took over. Though he felt like he'd been run over by a Steam Tank, he rolled away from the killer blow at the last possible second and ended up in a neat, practiced spear stance, looking as cool as he could with half his face missing.

The Orc roared its defiance, maul hefted above its head as if to implore Gork and Mork for strength. Apparently the Orc Gods did not take heed, for they did not warn of the Marauder that had made his way to the melee as the Black Orc was pummeling Kallus for his impudence. The Northman's axe bit deep into the greenskin's thigh, eliciting yet another cry from the beast, markedly more desperate this time. On the balcony, Raneth foamed his displeasure over such underhanded tactics, earning him many jibes and jeers from the crowd.

Kallus Heartcarver (2 DP)
Malorius (1 DP)
Jorgin the Odd (2 DP)

B.Orc - A (1 DP)
Gh'rahk (3 DP)
B.Orc - B (3 DP)

DEADLINE: Wednesday November 4th

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Oh come on my face? I better get an ice cream and an amazing plastic surgeon if I survive this round.

IC: Ever felt like the sky was falling on your face? Well Kallus just experienced it. The orc's hammer had crushed the left half of his face, leaving him with one eye and a fairly voracious appetite for this particular orc's blood, hindquarter's and head. Thrusting his spear into the ground before him, Kallus cracked his knuckles, loosed the weapons at his waist and hissed a warning towards both the Zharr and the marauder, "Boss incoming!" Kallus managed a quick glance towards his allies. In his heart of heart's, Kallus knw that if it had not been for the marauder that his head would most likely be a squishy paste but his Druchii pride would not acknowledge this impossible truth.

"Malorious! Let us finish this quickly. The Zharr needs our assitance," cried Kallus. And no doubt we shall need his should we survive this. Kallus chastised himself for such un-dark elf like thinking. He was a dark elf, he was of pure blood and he would not die at the hands of such filth. The orc before him had the advantage of strength, armour and thick skin yet Kallus had centuries of training under the hags with which to rely on. In this training he had faith. "Come and die orc. Your puny gods wish to meet you and I hate to delay them any further!"

Removing the spear that he had thrust into the ground at his feet, Kallus hurled it at the black orc before him in an attempt to either impale or at least distract and in the same motion swifltly remove his swords from their sheathe's and charge in at the orc, withe every intention of disarming it and then trying behead the stupid creature right where it stands.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Weapons and armour: Heavy armour, helmet, small shield, war hammer
Abilities: Armoured form, masterful strength, master of battle.

Ah ha, see how you like it you hulking brute! Jorgin thought as with a crunch and a roar his opponent fell to the ground. His elation was short lived however as from behind him the leader of this small yet brutal band growled in nigh unintelligible tones
Oi dEre, WeeKlinG! I'Ll shOw yoU hOw iT's DOne!

Glancing round Jorgin sought out his compatriots
****ing typical, you can't trust a manling to stay at his post, and now I am going to die. Perfect.
But if he was going to end up as one more crumpled corpse on the blood stained sands he would be damned if he would go quietly, and he meant to do as much damage to these thuggish green skins as possible before he went.

With this single minded determination driving him onwards Jorgin did not pause long but instead tried to capitalise on his earlier success, if he were to finish the ork he would not likely get any better chances; but he would have to move fast. Sliding his hands down the shaft as he raised his hammer in the air with practised ease Jorgin brought it down with all the strength he could muster, down toward the bulbous, giant green head of his prone opponent.

Jorgin will ignore the lead ork for now and concentrate on the one he has just put on the floor, he will put all of his strength into a blow straight onto the Black orks head and hope that one of his allies decides to smack Gh'rahk in the back of the head with an axe (hint, hint).
[/i]

Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

Damn black orc... he hit me badly and I don't have time to heal me or take a pause....
Malorius can sense the first effect of the loose of blood... He began to becom a little tired and he wasn't certain to finish all the fight against the two other balck orcs. But in the name of the great gods, he has to take one down with him!

Malorius saw the Dark Elf moving to hit one more time the Black orc they were fighting. They have a good chance to take him down now and as the elf said, the dwarf needs their assistance as soon as possible. "For the Great God! Blood and Soul!"

Malorius will follow the dark elf, attempting to let him strike first and use the surprise of the Black orc to attack just after the Elf. With luck the Orc will be kill by the elf and it will be allowed Malorius to take some rest during a few seconds, in the other case, he will attempt to hit the orc right in the shoulder to finish him for all.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Enraged Kallus stood ready, and as the Orc came on in desperation he ripped his spear from the ground and hurled it at the brute. Perhaps due to his impaired eyesight, the Druchii warrior merely glanced his foe's cheek. Dismayed, he hurriedly drew his twin blades but realized he was too late to deflect the incoming hammer with them. Luckily, the Marauder Malorius had decided to intervene at this point - instead of a crushing blow to the cranium, Kallus merely received the Orc's dying breath in his face. The armored greenskin arched backwards, clawing at the axe lodged in its spine, and went down with a terrific crash. The stands exploded, congratulating the two warriors on the first kill of the match. Panting, Kallus and Malorius took a small moment to take in the adulation and gather what strength they had left. Both turned to the remaining melee...

...Where Jorgin had foresworn all semblance of defense. Fully aware of the fast approaching Boss, he'd decided nothing would keep him from his prey at this point. The Orc tried to scramble back up, but Jorgin did not relent and lunged at his foe, hammer held high. A practiced but ferocious swing accompanied his landing, hitting the Orc square in the teeth; its head slammed back down again, the sand around it turning a dark, foul purple as Orc blood started to pool. The Zharr then noticed his foe was still breathing, cursed his own people for spawning such monstrosities and in blind rage brought back his hammer for another blow, not realizing Gh'rahk had blindsided him. A heavy clang came first, something his armor was proof against, then a sharp pain in the chest. He looked down in wonder, seeing the tip of the Orc blade coming through his breastplate, then felt a heavy boot in his back as the Boss tried to rip free his sword - to no avail. Visions of the past engulfed him as he stumbled forward, leaning on his warhammer as not to collapse. He slowly turned around, coughing blood, only to see the other Orc finally getting to its feet. The embedded Orc blade grated against his broken ribs, and he could feel one of his lungs filling up rapidly. Cries of wonder arose from the stands at the Dwarf's ability to remain on his feet with such terrible injuries.

Gh'rahk, noticing 'is mate in the sand, then uttered something unintelligible, his face contorted with rage. The remaining other Orc dropped its warhammer, slung the shield from its back and took a heavy spiked mace from its belt. With smoldering eyes it regarded the Dwarf's two allies, and positioned himself to block their path to 'is Boss. Gh'rahk himself now grinned wickedly at Jorgin, threw his own mace aside, and unslung his warhammer. YoU diE nOw ZhaRR. No heLp is cOMiNg...

Malorius (1 DP)
Jorgin the Odd (1 DP)

B.Orc - A (*DEAD*)
Gh'rahk (3 DP)
B.Orc - B (2 DP)

DEADLINE: Monday November 9th

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Black spots danced through Jorgin's vision, each short sharp breath was agony as splintered ribs ground against bloodied flesh. Jorgin swayed on his feet, strength pouring out with his blood, he would not survive this fight. Even if by some miracle he bested the great black ork before him the wounds he had already taken would kill him. Indeed grievous as they were a warrior from almost any other race would no longer be standing, not Jorgin. He was a dwarf and so long as he could breathe he could stand, and so long as he could stand he could fight.

Aye filth, now I die. Then you die, if not today then tomorrow, or next month, next year. We were all dead the moment the chains touched our necks. Your dead now. Knowing full well that the ork would understand none of this Jorgin gathered his waning strength for one last fight. Yes he was a dead dwarf walking, but there were many worse ways to go, slaving in some deep mine clawing at ore with your bare hands or sawing boughs in some god forsaken frozen wood. Here at least he could die with a hammer in his hands and some scrap of dignity.

Maybe it was a sense of martial pride, maybe it was blood lust, maybe it was just sheer bloody minded stubbornness but Jorgin was determined to fight on as long as he could. Perhaps his allies could avenge him, it would be nice to think so though they would not be doing it for his sake.

Raising his hammer with all of his flagging strength Jorgin struck out once more, raining blows down on his foe. He could not win, and so had nothing to loose

Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

The first orc was down... A small victory in the name of the God, but a great one if Malorius ans his "allies" want to survive.
Blessed be the Chaos... And Be his name truly venerate for a thousand years. Malorius said, trying to gather his strengh, Two other orcs was awaiting him and the dark elf.

We can kill these beast! If we strike together the one between us and the dwarf, we can killing him in only one strike. After that we will be three against one... he said to the dark elf. Command, it his time to pay back and proove that we are stronger that all they can send against us!
Awaiting the Dark elf, malorius began to cursed their new opponent and prepare to charge with the elf. If they strike both together, they can kill him fastly and get helping the dwarf.

Malorius cursed the orc send by Gh'rahk to block them. When the dark Elf will be ready, he will attack with him. But since his injuries are more important than the elf, he will let him the honor to strike first and hit the orc just after him, using the surprise to attempt to hit him on the chest.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

As the now dead body of the orc crashed into the arena floor, Kallus looked up to see the Zharr standing between the the orc boss and the second orc blocking off said boss. His face still burned, the bones having been crushed from the orc's weapon. From somewhere near him, Kallus heard Malorius mumble something about a joint attack, before invoking some kind of chaotic curse. Clutching his swords, Kallus stalked towards the second orc but before he had passed it, Kallus bent low and promptly severed the orc's head in a fit of rage. Looking towards the final orc, Kallus looked towards the final orc, intent on finishing it as quickly as possible.

Filled with hatred, Kallus began to charge at the orc. Kallus will attempt to thrust both low and high in an attempt to force the orc to block one strike while leaving itself open to the other.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Gh'rahk's smile twisted to a grimace of surprise as Jorgin charged forwards. The Zharr seemed oblivious to the intense pain he was doubtlessly experiencing, and this put the Boss on the back foot. Unable to block the hammer's mighty blows, Gh'rahk was forced to dodge out of its path, the margin by which he managed to evade becoming smaller and smaller. And for the tiniest moment, there was a glimmer of hope in the Dwarf's eyes - the hope of taking his foe with him to the grave.

It wasn't to be. Jorgin's body simply couldn't keep up. His swings hadn't slowed noticably to the untrained eye, but Gh'rahk was an experienced pit fighter and seemed to smell the fatigue finally taking over. He lashed out with his maul, sending the Dwarf spinning - Jorgin suffered one final moment of excruciating pain as he landed flat on his back, the Orc blade driven even deeper into his torso. Splurting blood, he just managed to curse the onlookers before he blew out his final breath. Standing over his defeated foe in a growing pool of blood, Gh'rahk bellowed triumphantly, earning him the respect of the crowd... however briefly, considering it was an Orc and all.

Looking on with clenched teeth, the remaining fighters now burst into action. Malorius built up a fearsome chant, once again invoking the favour of the Chaos Gods to aid him against his foe. The unearthly red glow that had surrounded him before as well grew into existence - only this time it was different. The Great Four, ever fickle, had decided to curse their own champion for some unfathomable reason - the Marauder retched as his innards seemed to implode, tried to vomit but found himself out of breath and substance. Burning cinders seemed to blanket every inch of his skin and the heavy stench of sulfur filled his nostrils. And then, a terrifying image from the dark forbidden depths of his soul appeared in front of his bleeding eyes, taunting him with his certain and eternal doom. Never had Malorius experienced nor could he have fathomed such desperation, and he fell to his knees, praying to his Gods to offer him death's release.

Kallus, already charging, redoubled his efforts at this sight, swearing at the failure of the human race as he leapt towards the shield-bearing Black Orc. His blade fell like lightning, set to impale the greenskin's skull; though the brute hefted his shield in time to deflect it, painfully jarring the Druchii's arm. Undaunted, Kallus landed and swung low under its shield with his other blade in a clean swoop. The dull clang of metal on metal resounded as the sword bounced harmlessly off the Orc's leg armor. He then quickly hopped back, easily avoiding the greenskin's mace. Right after the exchange, Malorius stepped in and tried to redeem himself with the axe, but his resolve and body were weakened and his blow was easily batted aside.

Malorius (1 DP)
Jorgin the Odd (*DEAD*)

B.Orc - A (*DEAD*)
Gh'rahk (3 DP)
B.Orc - B (2 DP)

OOC: GG, Drainial, Jorgin's been fun to have around. I hope to see more of your great posts in the next Shadow Arena. :mrgreen:

DEADLINE: Thursday November 12th