If you play another army, could you tell how to beat it?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

If you play another army, could you tell how to beat it?

Post by Calisson »

Hi, fellow D.netters!

There is a problem with fighting most other armies.
At present, if a DE general wishes to improve his knowledge about how to beat other armies, the D.R.A.I.C.H. post with the antitacticas(link) is too long and hard to exploit. :cry:

Only few armies have a decent antitactica:
HE = High Elves...........***D.R.A.I.C.H- High Elf Tactica
Empire........................*** D.R.A.I.C.H. - Strike the Empire.
Bret = Bretonnians.......*** D.R.A.I.C.H. - Taming the Horse Lords - Beating Bretonnians
WE = Wood Elves ........***D.R.A.I.C.H.-Waging Woodland War: Flaming the Wood ElvesStonecutter, with the help of Tethlis, Malevion & Auere made together an extensive article on how to beat them. With 4 strategists working together, Woodies stand no chance.
Chaos Demons............. ***D.R.A.I.C.H- Banishing the DaemonsMalevion made a wish to help D.netters getting rid of them. Wish completed!
OK = Ogre Kingdoms.... ***D.R.A.I.C.H How to kill a big mean Ogre v7.0Enkiel did his bull rush before they get a new army book.
Dwarves............................D.R.A.I.C.H.Dwarf tactica, how to open tough, tin cans gramash took some spare time to provide tips.

For all the other armies, the only thing D.net has to offer is the collection below of threads with no structure, expressing a few opinions often based on little experience with our present army.

There is a need to remove all of these old threads and replace them with a single thread for each army, written by someone who knows what he speaks about.
This is what I've done with my other army, the Empire.

What about YOU?
Would you write something about what a DE army could do to beat the other army YOU are knowledgeable about?
:P

If so, please, PM me or report below!
Your work is direly needed and will be appreciated by many readers once you've posted it.

Thank you! :D

Calisson.

This is the D.R.A.I.C.H. collection of advice so far:
All armies:
........................................D.R.A.I.C.H. - knowing your enemy (1)
........................................High level tactica against all races (2)

BC = Beasts of Chaos......... (see 1) I am having problems with beastmen, any tips
........................................I need a counter to ambush !!!
........................................How Do You Counter the Beastman Ambush?
........................................3x2500pt games against New Beastmen
........................................Beastmen(about the new ones)
........................................How to counter Jabberslythes
........................................Fighting the new Beastmen
DE = Dark Elves (traitors, of course!)
........................................How to beat Ring of Hotek with magic army?
........................................On beating the shade deathstar
........................................D.R.A.I.C.H. Magic Defense against the Dark Elves
........................................Anti Druchii question - tactics for my Empire?!
DoW = Dogs of War............Dogs of war
LM = Lizardmen ................ (see 1)Mazrim Taim will give a try.
***.................................Long Time Absent: 1500 DE Vs Lizzies, New Book
........................................Tips on how to beat 2nd Gen Slann
........................................morathi the frog killer(or telcis) using the darksword
........................................lizardmen help (new army book)
*.....................................Against the New Lizardmen
........................................New Terradons
........................................Lizardmen - the new book (cheese)
........................................Pivotal DE GT discussion a thread just for dealing with the new lizardmen
........................................Plunder Lustria! 1250 v Lizardman advice?
........................................Stedagon menace.,. need some help ! O&G = Orcs and Goblins...... Camaris looks for some time to put together theories about them.
........................................(see 1 & 2) any opinions on what to take agenst an orc army
**...................................Narrative Battle report, Dark Elves vs. Orcs (2250 points)
*..................................... Campaign against O&G
........................................ Dealing with Fanatic spam
Skaven (old)
........................................ (see 1 & 2) Skaven clan skrye, any help on how to beat?
........................................ What to do against heavy skaven magic at 1k
Skaven (new: first impressions)
........................................ Upcoming challenge - Hellpit Abomination.
........................................ *Lamestar* 2000pts of filth for special mission!
........................................ First game VS new Skaven (long post, sry!)
........................................ DE vs Skaven: The demonstration of importance of battle res
........................................ Midnight Crystal on Engineers (it IS interesting)
TK = Tomb Kings = Khemri.. (see 1) Fighting Tomb Kings
........................................ Dark Elves Vs. Chariot Heavy Tomb Kings
VC = Vampire Counts......... (see 2) 2500 Dark Elves vs. Vampire Counts
........................................7th Ed Dark Elves vs. Vampires 2250
........................................Vc vs DE - Any ideas how to fight this?
........................................taking on some vampires
........................................Vampire Lord & Retinue Combos - how do you beat them?
* .....................................Need Help Vs Vampire counts
........................................What to do against Wraiths?
........................................Defeating the Black Coach
........................................Shadowblade - A viable GT option?
........................................Facing VC with the FAQ's info.
*......................................How to deal with heavy cavalry?
........................................Know thy foe - a guide to vampire slaying
........................................Tactics against the Vampire Counts
........................................ISO 2k hard hitting over the top army list to play
........................................VC - How to deal with unliving things
WoC = Chaos Warriors.......Red... will write his first antitactica about our Northern neighbours.
........................................1500 Druchii vs. Chaos Mortals
........................................Any strategies versus new 7th Edition Chaos warriors
........................................It's time to deal with WoC
........................................Against the Warriors of Chaos
........................................Chaos warshrine
........................................Chaos Runeshield
........................................Archaon, The Everchosen - How can the druichi beat him?
........................................advantages over WoC
........................................Chaos Chosen? How would you handle this?
........................................Against Warriors of Chaos
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:39 am, edited 42 times in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Stonecutter
Noble

Post by Stonecutter »

PM sent with draft.
Mazrim taim
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mazrim taim »

I collect Lizardmen, but I'm not sure about my ability to make a DRAICH quality article. I'll send my first attempt once i've made it.
"The end is near. The Wheel has groaned its final rotation, the clock has lost its spring, the serpent heaves its final gasps. He must know pain of heart. He must know frustration, and he must know anguish. Bring these to him, and you will be rewarded."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Mazrim Taim wrote:I collect Lizardmen, but I'm not sure about my ability to make a DRAICH quality article. I'll send my first attempt once i've made it.
Already, if you write a synthesis of the few threads available, that will be a tremendous progress!
Hopefully your article will trigger some comments.
Thanks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Brets are done. :twisted:
Lizzies and Woodies are on track. :P
There is still some room for would-be D.R.A.I.C.H. authors. :roll:
Who will help D.netters to take care as they should of the following races that we hate so much?
Beasts of Chaos - Chaos Demons - Dogs of War - Dwarves - Orcs and Goblins - Ogres - Skaven - Tomb Kings - Vampire Counts - Warriors of Chaos
Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

I would really like to read some tactics on Lizardmen. They just seem so damn strong on paper, and should I ever face them, I think I would be in for a tough battle.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sharpen your blades, prepare for your next expedition! :twisted:
Woodies are done!

Four :shock: more antitacticas on the writing table!
We are now waiting for Lizzies, Dawis (see post below), DoC and WoC! :P (first post above edited accordingly).

If you know how to beat one of the following races,
and agree to share your knowledge for the sake of Malekith's glory (and yours, too ;) ), send me a PM or just report below:
Beasts of Chaos - Dogs of War - Orcs and Goblins - Ogres - Skaven - Tomb Kings - Vampire Counts
Last edited by Calisson on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

I think I can find some spare time for an anti dwarves article, but please don't expect it too soon, it's a lot of work
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

I just PMed my draft

But after reading the new wood elf one I think I need too make mine a little longer and more detailed. =p
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

Do we actually have to be good with this other army we play? lol

In a theoretical world, where I can find some spare time, I will try to put something together on OnG.
Enkiel
Assassin

Post by Enkiel »

I play Ogre, and know them very well, but i'm not sure if its really worth it to spend any time working on some strategy when a new book is on the horizon (ok, 2011, but still)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Malevion
Your PM seems full of interesting ideas, as far as I can judge, as I've never met them.
You can add detail it prior to post it, or later, taking the comments into account, as you wish.
Please make sure the presentation is spaced enough, leaving empty lines for the reader to take a breath, and providing titles where applicable.
That will sure be apreciated as well. ;)

@ Camaris
Thanks for volunteering.
By the way, writing an article is one of the best way to increase your proficiency about what you wrote, as a matter of fact, the writer usually benefits more from the article than any reader.
So, the answer is that whatever your level was prior to your writing, it will have improved!

@ Enkiel
If you want to contribute, the sooner the better.
By the way, isn't the 8th edition closer on the horizon anyway?
All the D.R.A.I.C.H. will have to be reviewed...
Better modify later than have nothing for one more year.

I'll mention both of you on the first post of the present thread, so that nobody else starts the same topic.
If later on you feel that you're not going to do it, just let me know.

Thanks again for all of you! :D

This makes now six antitacticas on the writing tables! :o
Just a handful remain:
Beasts of Chaos - Dogs of War - Skaven - Tomb Kings - Vampire Counts
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

Well I just finished a new tactica draft. It is much more in depht and comprhensive this time around. I will post it and take into account any comments people might have.
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first