Druchii in War of the Hammer - A WOTR conversion

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Glabro
Slave on the Altar

Druchii in War of the Hammer - A WOTR conversion

Post by Glabro »

Hey there! Hopefully I am welcome for a while even though I currently don't play Druchii....Here's the deal.

Over at Warseer, I kicked off a community project to convert Warhammer armies to the War of the Ring system, with the goal of creating a fast-playing, but strategic and very characterful mass battle system for Warhammer minis. Those of you who play WOTR know what I'm talking about.

The game is also an opportunity to bring to life many of the lost but not forgotten special characters of yore like Rakarth, as well as whatever legendary units there may be. Finally, it's simply a way to play a different game with the same Druchii you all love.

There is no rebasing involved, simply movement trays (similar to the old grey plastic cavalry trays).

I'm the project coordinator and I am in charge of overall balancing and making sure that all armies are comparable. I wrote up the main rules draft and design notes for list builders, as well as the first army list to serve up as an example to others - that list being Orcs and Goblins.

However, this is where the community comes in. I've selected all the premier army-specific websites (you know them, The Round Table, the Under Empire etc.) and ask them to help me out in designing the army list for their army! I hope for someone to be interested and take charge, and he could talk about the army list design together with you (and me, of course).

So, the Druchii are in need of a designer. Someone who thinks designing such lists could be fun (I certainly do, there's just so bloody many of them!) and would want to be part of a community project.
I know Druchii.net is one of the most dedicated army-based sites of them all and know that many of you tinker around with house rules and ideas to better the game. I have included design notes and guidelines involved in the translation of Warhammer units and heroes to WOTR, and you can look at the Orcs list and the WOTR rulebook for examples. Then the army list would be discussed over here and finally the Dark Elves could go to war again.

So check out what I've done and see if you like it. And if you want to help design another army list, by all means, please do! Whoever wants to help, can, not just someone one the specific army's forum.

The docs are located as attachment in the first post of http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4582925#post4582925