SAU 17: The Frosty Dozen

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Deroth sat up and looked around when he heard his name mentioned, "Belial I choose to vote for Sidorio because I would like to take action and keep the confidence of the guilty down resulting in less nasty gribly deaths in the dark, afterall a vote can be removed as easily as it is placed. I think it is a mistake for everyone to 'wait and see' and spread their votes around when we have no solid evidence. If no one is voted for interrogation then only the innocent will suffer for it". Taking another sip of his coffee, Deroth settled back down in his seat and looked like he was going to nod off to sleep again.
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Katash
Executioner
Location: On a ship in a little glass bottle trying to figure out how I got here

Post by Katash »

"Belial it would not help but disrupt proceedings at this stage to vote for a number of different candidates. By causing that form of confusion would buy the infiltrators more time. I am suspicious of your motives, but honestly we cannot let ourselves become lax in our suspicions less we receive a well placed pencil to the skull."

Katash made a quick sweeping note in his leather bound tome before addressing the room again.

"Should Sidorio fail to properly defend himself in time he can be sure of my vote."
Thus will it come to pass.
The dying leader will know
the truth of the opera house.
The missing three will give you the five
who have come from the home of the 13th.
You are the harbinger of death, kara thrace.
You will lead them all to their end.
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

"By Khaine, you are rather quick to convict me there aren't you Glya? Have I offended you in something past or did I just win some lottery of death here. And now the rest of you jump on his vindictive bandwagon to foolisihly have me slain. I will not have it. And you Gramash, what do you mean by this suggestion that Glya knows more than what she's telling about her vote for me. Do you really think that if she knew something that certified me as one of these hidden lunatics that she'd have revealed it for us all to see as to sway an argument against me."

Rising from his seat Sidorio turned his gaze towards Gramash, eying down the elf. Gramash my dear friend it seems so far that you are acting in suspicion by presenting some sort of false motivation behind a Glya's action and I'm not for it. Maybe it is you with some hidden and malicious agenda here today. If you are so in need to convict me for a crime I'm innocent of, give me some good hard evidence to prove it. Until then how about we see how you feel with the hangman's noose hanging around your neck. What do you have to say in your own defence because currently you look the most suspicious to me. As you say someone must be chosen and you my dear Gramash are who I choose to cast my vote upon"

Sidorio sat down in his chair once more, before moving the hair that had fallen to his face during his defence to the side.

Vote: Gramash
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Glya tutted as she worked away at her latest creation, eyeing the incised Sidoro she said
"Calm down dear, there is no need to lose our temper’s. For the record so far as I know at this stage the murderer may very well be anyone of us, you no more or less than the others, I chose you because I happened to be looking in your direction at the time." After a brief pause she added, almost to herself,

"Though he does perhaps protest too much, for an innocent elf."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

''Weird, very weird. I really don't get it..., Gramash murmured in himself.
''You know you have 1 vote and 2 possible vote's against you right? And the only thing you just did with your rambling about how it is to be the scapegoat and trying to get me to feel what it's like was adding another certain vote against you.

''In my eyes the only thing you did was voting for me because i voted for you... ''

''Let me say it again: i didn't vote for you because of some evidence, I did it because something needs to be done and all i can do is follow my reasoning or my feelings. And as there no way to determine the lunatics, I just follow my feelings and they say Glya is something more than just innocent.''

I'm sorry fate chose you, but my vote still stands. There is still room for change though, is there someone else with something to add?
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

"I vote for you Gramash because I'm going with my own feeling based on the very little evidence present at the current time and like I said, you seem the most suspicious to me currently. To look ayt the way you voted it seems you've just jumped on with Glya's action which she admits to be a random vote as she was looking at me at the time. That's hardly seems to me a good reason to condem someone. If I were to vote out of anger it would have been against Glya, not you as it was her who cast the first vote against me. And tell me, how do you expect someone to respond when they carry the most votes at the time being, even if it is 3 to lose their life. Did you think I would just laugh and settle it over a hot cup of tea?

But like you say, we still have time and would like to hear others own opinions on the matters before all votes become locked in."
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Kefka sat out of the arguments for a moment, not being one for politics, he instead admired the sweater that wash freshly knitted for him. Over time he had put it on, much comfier then he expected.
He then changed his attention back to the others. Sidorio had finally spoken up, defending himself as any Druchii would, and pointed his finger at Garmesh.
"Well Sidorio, you over react. though with ones life on the line that is to be expected. However, more people seem to be dying off from not doing anything, so hopefully we can get things rolling by actually doing something.
Don't hold this against me."

Vote: Sidorio.

We still have time. Please, please point out why we should vote Garmesh.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Ran listened best he could to all arguments presented, while he fought back the laziness resulting from not having exercised that day. He could go with another cup of white drab coffee, but frankly he just wanted to sleep and made no effort to stifle his yawns.

He chuckled a bit at Kefka's contribution. "'Overreact,' you say. I wonder how coolly you would take to being questioned yourself. That said, I feel the one who has spoken most reasonably so far to be Belial. Deroth has been a little too quick to add his support to Glya, at least to my liking."

Vote Deroth
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Having another sip of the flask at his waist Deroth tried to get over his sleepiness,

"While I agree with Belial that discussion is the aim of random voting, support for that vote is also important because it encourages us to work towards a majority vote for a member of this council, if we choose no one then we wont find where anyones loyalties lie except for those that we find dead in the morning.

I for one would rather vote for someone and get some certainties rather than see who it is that dies tonight."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Most agreed, Deroth, but majority can be achieved at any point before the deadline. If we just resign ourselves to a decission too early, all we are doing is twiddling our thumbs, wasting valuable time. I will most certainly change my vote later, if needed, but I see no need to do so now."
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Achar glanced at Glya.

"While I say that we can't know anything at this point, some picture begins to form in my mind as the discussion goes ahead. For example you, Glya," Achar said, turning to the elderly she-elf, "your 'protest too much for an innocent elf' argument does make me curious. With my tenuous knowledge of psychology, I could claim that an innocent person is the one who protests the most. They can be truely shocked by the outrage of having someone else kill them.

The infiltrators on the other hand, they have prepared themselves for it. They will be calm and callous and well-spoken, and they will defend themselves by regarding the threatening voters as mad. A truely innocent person will retaliate. Alright, Glya, Sidorio was a bit talkative, but your reasoning seems flawed. Could our resident granny be hiding something malevolent?" Achar asked, and glanced at the others. The gaze of his remaining eye locked first on Gramash and then Deroth.

"Gramash, Deroth, you are both rather quick to jump on Glya's bandwagon. It is still perfectly possible that Glya is innocent and just threw a random vote, which she tries to underpin with a feeble observation so as to not feel bad if she proved to be wrong. Gramash's arguments are fairly solid, I think, so the weak link here is Deroth. Deroth, who seems to have been asleep for a large portion of this conversation. I have my eye on you."

Achar emptied his mug.

"All things considered, I don't dare take any action towards these suspicious persons. It is too uncertain. I will rather vote for Sidorio and see what is to come of that. I hope you understand, it's nothing personal. Alea iacta est."

Vote: Sidorio
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"I underpin nothing, the vote is simply random, but I doubt your 'psychology', true Sidoro may be innocent and reacting to votes against him, but to me the violence of his reaction does sugest that it is possible he has something to hide. Now it would not warant a vote were we already on a trail, but it is worth noting. Observation and conversation are the only tools we have at our disposal."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"What the violence of his reaction could tell is that either he has something to hide or he has a perfectly normal sense of self-preservation. I told you my knowledge of psychology was less than inclusive, but I find that you are a bit eager to think it is the former option. It is worth noting, I give you that."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Whatever the truth of the matter, the night is drawing close. I will, as promised, support the majority. Hopefully, this will, no matter Sidorio's allegiance, give us somethig to work with."

Unvote: Deroth
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

“This is harder than I thought it would be,” Sleek sighs. “Many people are giving off conflicting signals; when I believe they're innocent they go ahead and do something entirely uncharacteristic and vice versa.”

“The bottom line is, I still don't know anything substantially more than before and time is running out without the council having made a choice or much progress. It is high time to reach a conclusion lest we hand the initiative to the lunatics and madmen looking for a therapeutic way to vent their anger.”

“As I see it, we have three options open for people who have votes behind their names; those being Sidorio, Deroth and Gramash. But what do we have against them?”

“First up is Sidorio, the unfortunate winner of today's lottery. If Glya is innocent - and the council as a whole seems more or less willing to assume that for the time being - her vote is random, meaning there is somewhere between one to three chances in eleven she's right. Now, we could vote him off, but only if our other plausible suspects have nothing to bring in against. After all, is a slightly educated guess not better than a completely random one?”

“Second one is Gramash, the second one to follow the vote for Sidorio, which in itself is not exactly a condemning trait. He does, however, question Glya while at the same time following her lead. In fact, he mentions in no unclear terms he suspects her of knowing more than what's she's entitled to, a 'privilege' reserved only for the lunatics we're looking for.
“When approached about that, the defence is: I know nothing.”

“The last one is Deroth. Suspected by Belial because he was too eager to add his vote.
“Sure, bandwagoning is a trick the guilty would happily resort to, but it is difficult to sort out the guilty from the eager. Still, Belial may have struck gold in his reasoning and I believe it does merit some thought.”

“And aside them, there are a few would-be detectives here who have been uncooperatively quiet such as Aza (LordAnubis).

“The tragedy of the whole thing is that with time running out, Sidorio is the only valid target of votes left. Sure, the vote has been random and I believe we would be better off with educated guesses but the fact remains that even our objective odds of, say, two out of eleven is better than the odds of the madmen offing each other in our stead.”

Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Katash
Executioner
Location: On a ship in a little glass bottle trying to figure out how I got here

Post by Katash »

"Sidorio I only choose to take this course of action not just for the information we will learn but also for the fact that you tried to pass the attention away from yourself by trying to pin it on another. I will not shy away from the truth of this matter; your execution will be as a result of my choices. I am wary of those that condemn an elf while trying to appear as if their hands are clean. Five votes lie already against you when six are needed.With a few simple words I find myself placing the last nail in your coffin lid..."

Katash sat down again to hide his embarrassment.

"It seems my long winded nature has betrayed me and Belial has beaten me to the punch"

He proceeded to scribble furiously in his notebook while trying to keep his face lowered from the group.

Vote : Sidorio
Katash
Executioner

Post by Katash »

"Well this is embarrassing, I've gone from figuring out the best way to phrase being the person to condemn someone to banwagonning..."
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Aza stirred slightly from where she'd been sat, quietly listening. Or possibly sleeping. It was hard to tell, although it would be odd for a soldier to actually sleep when among a group like this.

"I had meant to speak, but time ran away. Nor did I have anything of value to add - I will attempt to be more forthcoming in future. However, while I don't think my vote matters here, I will add it to Sidorio as, for now, the only viable option. Also, I am sure it will give the rest of you something to discuss later. As that is all that we have to go on, that is the least I can do."

She half bowed.

"Again, my apologies. I will attempt to say more on the morrow."

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Mioralynthia snapped awake again, having almost dozed off, at the smell of a hot beverage under her nose. She smiled briefly at Tarbo and took the soup to hand. “How far along are we?”

“Five to Sidorio,” Tarbo said, and hunched next to her, a mug clasped in his hands. “Two to Deroth, one to Gramash. If one more decides on Sidorio, that’s it for today.”

Mioralynthia looked to her far left and saw that the sun had already disappeared, leaving only a few of its rays to light up the aerie edges of clouds silently passing by. It was late. They would have to stop for the day.

As Mioralynthia prepared to wrap up the meeting, a sixth vote fell on Sidorio, quickly followed by a seventh, and even an eighth. This changed everything. She motioned Tarbo to fetch Anleth: she would have a suspect tonight. He left immediately.

“So the mob has decided,” Sidorio said, and he wet his lips quickly, as in reflex. “It has picked a target. You had nothing on him, you had nothing to go on, but you had to pick someone, and you were happy it wasn’t you.” He chuckled pitchedly, and his fingers twitched. “Would you have picked yourself, hm? Would you? No, you wouldn’t. Sacrifices are easier to make when they’re not yours.”

Mioralynthia looked carefully at the others gathered in comfortable couches in the lounge, and found her suspicions shared. Guilty or not, that man should invest heavily in professional assistance.

“I’ll let you in on a little secret.” Sidorio bent over a bit from his couch, and lowered his voice, his eyes skipping over everyone. “The first man to point the finger... is the first to live. Some people know this. You think they’re brave, hm? Stalwart?” He shook his head with twitchy vigour. “They’re just ahead of the curve.”

Anleth walked into the room, her shirt clammy, a few pearls of sweat on her forehead and arms. She kept quiet when met with the brief but informative gaze of the others present.

Sidorio flipped his tongue over his lips and smacked briefly. “I’m glad we had this little conversation.” He stood and walked away from the group, to Anleth. Soon, he was escorted away.

°°°

“Well,” Mioralynthia opens with a sigh of relief. “I suppose that means we can enjoy some well-earned rest. Rest well, ladies, gentlemen. Tomorrow, we will continue.”

You move to your sleeping quarters with mixed emotions. A victim was chosen, and you have struck true. But would this mean the end of the killings? You doubt that there will be only one of them. Well-earned it might be, you doubt that your rest will be fulfilling.

Players
  1. Drainial
  2. SleekDD
  3. Raneth
  4. Belial
  5. Kefka
  6. Draknir
  7. Katash
  8. Deroth
  9. LordAnubis
  10. gramash
    Sidorio
  1. Drainial
  2. Deroth
  3. gramash
  4. Kefka
  5. Draknir
  6. Belial
  7. SleekDD
  8. Katash
    Deroth
  1. Raneth
    gramash
  1. Sidorio

Deaths
  1. sassmaw (innocent) (Day 1, inactivity) -- thoroughly 'investigated'
  2. Zardock (protector) (Day 1, inactivity) -- did not dodge the wrench
  3. Sidorio (infiltrator) (Day 1, voted)

It is now Night. Infiltrators may decide who to kill. Protectors, you may pick players to defend from attack. Night ends at Wednesday, around 23h00 GMT.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Glya's face took on a well worn smile as it became clear that they had been lucky, far luckier than she had expected
"Well, a promising start I think you will all agree," she said.

Bustline around she stowed her half finished knitting in her bag, withdrawing a pair of slipers and puting them on before heading off

"Goodnight everyone, I hope to see you all in the morning."

Gentleman of Moderation
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Well, that was a great start," Belial said with a wide smile.

"I hope to see yuo all on the morrow. Sleep well."
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"All suspicion I had on Glya just flew away with the wind. A round of applause is in place, I think. This is indeed a good start for us. Sleep well, I hope to see you all in the morning. All standing, I mean."
Gramash
Dark Rider

Post by Gramash »

'' pheww glad that is out of the way, at least i don't have to worry about Glya anymore, but i still wonder... even though you say it was random... oh well. Guess we should just go to bed huh... we need to be of clear mind in the morning. Goodnight.''
I was once a dwarf, but then a big dragon appeared. I rose my axe,ready to fight, but the rider said:come to the dark side...
we have cookies!
Well i couldn't resist that!
Now i am the mighty general of a dark elf army MUHUHAHA (still need to work on that evil laugh though)
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Raneth grinned his teeth bare. "Well gentlemen, I must retract my earlier misgivings. I suppose we can all sleep a bit more soundly tonight. See you in the morning!"
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Deroth looked relieved when Sidorio was led from the room, 'dodged an arrow and found a traitor' he thought.

"Well thats a good start people hopefully our luck continues"