Lokhir fellheart in 8th

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Senluthan
Beastmaster

Lokhir fellheart in 8th

Post by Senluthan »

I cant help think that the hero who most players thought to expensive in the 7th edition perhaps has gotten a boost..
I haven't read in the new rulebook so most of my knowledge i have from reading in this forum, and what i see is that with the new horde rule i think it would be likely that nearly every 2000+ pt army has at least one horde unit.. And i read through the D.R.A.I.C.H about him (http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=780996#780996) and find that most of it still applies with the fact that most armies have one or more unit with 3+ ranks giving lokhir 7+ WS6 S4 attacks or with frenzy corsairs 8+ attacks.. or 7+ with AP..
Not taking a COB with KB opportunities in to action..

The question is he worth it.. A normal master would only come up on 142 points.. over 100 pt less than Lokhir..
And if you compare the 2 of them
Lokhir has terror causing the master not
Lokhir has generation and also can the master (AoES)
Lokhir has 4+/3+ AS a Master can easily get the same and with a mount + shield (one less attack) he gets on 2+/1+ or even lower with CO.
Lokhir rerolls failed rolls to wound and also can the master (Heartseeker)
They both have M5 but master opportunity to get either DS og CO making the master more mobile.

The master can get the same forces as Lokhir but have to choose which they would prefere..

and although he seems a bit expensive if jou should make the master with same qualities as lokhir it would be nearly the same price (not taking the max of 50 pt magic) but still not with daring leap and merciless slaver..

All of this makes me think and wonder aint it time for Lokhir to really come in battle?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Personally, what is basically a 4+ rerollable save isn't enough protection for so many points, even with his now boosted offensive potential.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If you face long hordes, then Lokhir with COB-KB becomes our best assassin.
A daring leap to go just in front of the one who needs to die (the BSB, the general...).
If the long unit in front has X ranks, Lokhir gets 3+X attacks, rerolling for hatred. Then roll to wound, and the higher the T of the target, the more you miss, the more re-rolls to KB...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

yep and ain't it more likely to see more ranks than in 7th edition?! or have I misunderstood something?... and if it is then he is simply better than in 7th edition..
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Calisson wrote:If you face long hordes, then Lokhir with COB-KB becomes our best assassin.
A daring leap to go just in front of the one who needs to die (the BSB, the general...).
If the long unit in front has X ranks, Lokhir gets 3+X attacks, rerolling for hatred. Then roll to wound, and the higher the T of the target, the more you miss, the more re-rolls to KB...

This is also a very true point. Another point in his favor, you can use Daring Leap to go to the edge of your unit so that hopefully only 1 or 2 enemies (not including support attacks) can attack back.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Is he really a better assassin than 2 lvl1 death sorceresses? VC, WoC, dwarves and brets have 'immune to kb' armours, OK, WoC, daemons, beasts have characters too big to killing blow, HE have ASF characters who have a good chance of killing him first...

So who is he planning to assassinate? Orc or human heroes who don't bring ward saves/armour?

He's a good bully. Add him to a unit that would already win the fight to double your vp's... but his cost is so high. You could;
1) significantly boost all your units instead of fielding him, or
2) field 2 mages, one with +1 dispel dice, one with +1 power dice, both with the #1 death spell to target enemy mages. Or
3) another cauldron and 50pts of rank and file.

(I'm not saying anyone shouldn't field him if they are so inclinded, but I do find the OP's analagy flawed. Comparing Lokhir to a normal master is worthless, since the master is not as useful as the 150pts of rnf that could be fielded instead of him IMHO. The real character comparisons are with assassin-mages and extra cauldrons).
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Masked Jackal wrote: Another point in his favor, you can use Daring Leap to go to the edge of your unit so that hopefully only 1 or 2 enemies (not including support attacks) can attack back.
:twisted: :twisted: They should rename it 'Cowardly Leap!' ;)
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Re: the Leap- I was thinking about Make Way(!)- It's dependent on a Ld check, right? I mean in theory, the guy can go his max. Move into a unit, roll a Ld check for Make Way (!), and go to the front. ONLY the Front- Lokhir has 2 changes to that that are a touch more helpful when considered as one point:

You can Leap anywhere for the attack. As in the Flanks. And he gets his OWN version of "rank bonus" with the Red Blades.

You don't have to make a Ld. check. Many spells affect Leadership, especially if someone knows you're in the tournament- if you're under the effect of something that can damage your leadership (other than spells, think about that sword that causes stupidity, or that helm that possesses you to attack your own crew. well, in THAT case you may still be in trouble...), you won't have to WORRY- he can just pop up there.
Oderint dum Metuant.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Make Way! has nothing to do with LD tests, a character not egaged in combat can move to base to base with an enemy before any blows are struck (and before impact hits), even if it's not the front rank.

They can't use Make Way! to move away from combat, or to move anywhere if they're already in base to base contact with any enemy (say you want to save your little hero from enemy lord in base contact, can't do that)

Lokhir can move anywhere and at anytime as long as he ends in base contact with some enemy.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

"That move who's name I can't recall but lets you move your char thru ranks"
Oderint dum Metuant.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Which I just described and it has no Ld tests required to be performed.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16