ROH... updated rules debate

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Babnik
Black Guard

ROH... updated rules debate

Post by Babnik »

Hi druchiis fellows,
I have tried to figure out last ROH updated rules with the quick search function but it is too slow!
There are many discussions in France regarding the ROH new rules. Translation was not as accurate as it should be...
It looks like it works only if the caster is in 12' range from the wearer. That makes a big difference with 7th ed rules...
Our most effective anti-magic items is much less good than before, but on the other hand, miscast effects is much more scary.
Your thoughts?
Txs
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
Caemdare
Trainee Warrior

Re: ROH... updated rules debate

Post by Caemdare »

Babnik wrote:Hi druchiis fellows,
I have tried to figure out last ROH updated rules with the quick search function but it is too slow!
There are many discussions in France regarding the ROH new rules. Translation was not as accurate as it should be...
It looks like it works only if the caster is in 12' range from the wearer. That makes a big difference with 7th ed rules...
Our most effective anti-magic items is much less good than before, but on the other hand, miscast effects is much more scary.
Your thoughts?
Txs

Yup, it's now purely, 'Is the caster of the spell within 12 inches of the person carrying the Ring?', rather than the target of the spell. Probably, I imagine, to get with of all the debate, headache, and general frustration in the previous edition as to what would constitute the 'target' of a spell, in it's many and varied forms.
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

there had also been TWO posts in regards to the wording and ruling debate for ROH in here ;)
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

The current group-think echo-chamber agrees that the RoH works only with the spellcaster within 12" of the ring and they are as correct as any mob.

However, to reach that conclusion the basic and verifiable definitions of the word "cast" must be redefined to fit into a warhammer assumption.

I suggest you play it as the mob suggests or risk a lynching.
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

discussed in
A Defining Moment: Casting a Spell

result:

In all languages except French and German (not 100% sure about Japanese :? ):
RoH works only at 12" from the caster.
This comes from the FAQ v1.1.

In French:
RoH works only at 12" from the target.
This comes from the initial FAQ. No FAQ v1.1. has been issued.

In German:
RoH works at 12" from either the target of the caster (in the same way as the 7th edition RoH, before it has been FAQed).
This comes from the FAQ v1.1.

Conclusion:
the French RoH is by far the most useful. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}