Trains of Thought

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Trains of Thought

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

I will attempt to breakdown Warhammer in general as oppose to tackling tactics that coincide with the current edition and hopes that this article will remain relevant until the powers that be overhaul the game way beyond its current incarnation.

A majority of players often confuse tactics with strategy.
- Strategy is knowhow, your blueprint, your masterplan. When you are strategizing, you are formulating your approach against an army and how to conquer it or achieve your objective.
- Tactics on the otherhand is employing your strategies directly against your opponent's strategy against you.
Thus one can be strategically sound and yet tactically imcompetent and vice versa.

When two equally strategic and tactical generals meet, where lies the discrepancy? The answer is simple. The randomness of dice and satistical averages. Yes, knowing the averages is the other half of wargaming as you generally want to have an idea of what your unit and his unit is capable of before you formulate your strategy but I will not dwell on the statistical side of things.

Understanding how your army and units operate is your first order of business and as such strategy should be studied first before tactics. One does not go to war without a plan, to do so would be a fool's errand. Though this anecdote may include some tactics in small quantities, it's intention is to develop a clearer mindset in approaching Warhammer as opposed to spoonfeeding the reader with concrete solutions to a given situation.

First Ring- Mastering the Controlled Variables

Empty your cup says the master. For you to win against your opponent, you have to master yourself first. For now forget what you know of your opponent's units and study how your own units act and the role they will serve in your army. If you base your strategy soley on creating an armylist to counter a single individual's list, you are hampering your own growth and though you may achieve a victory against him, his loss will teach him more than your triumph will teach you. It is easier to think that you did all the right moves when you do win, losing however lets you think about what you could have done better.

Remove any pre-concieved notions that basic units are simply basic units and elite units are such and look at your army from a larger scale when creating your list, for while they may be considered as basic troops, their purpose might rival that of any special unit you may field.

The beauty of Warhammer is that every army aims to embody a certain fantasy stereotype and thus every army has its own unique way of fighting.
Case and point, notice how shooting armies generally have ranged attackers as their basic units while having special or rare units that compliment shooting like fire breathing monsters or warmachines; or how melee oriented armies have basic troops as well as elites that emphasize on close combat related statistics and weaponry.
By recognizing such, you can already determine if an army is effective in one aspect of the game, be it magic, shooting or close combat.
If the army you have chosen fits your desired gameplay, then all is well. If not, perhaps there is another army suited for you.

By keeping things simple one can focus more on what he wants to do or needs to do to win.
If you want a shooting army, you'd want to inflict as much damage as you can before close combat ensues.
If you prefer magic, you want to either enhance your units to be more effective, reduce your opponent's effectivity or kill them outright and thus aim to have a superior magic phase.
For close combat enthusiasts, you want to get into combat as fast as you can and get out of it even faster.

When making a list, keep your goal in mind at all times to determine if a unit is worth including in the grand scheme of things. If it doesn't help you achieve your goal, discard it for now. This state of mind applies to unit choices, weapon loadout, magic weapons, banners etc etc. By sticking to the unit or character's purpose, you can keep selection simpler and thus be more effective gamewise and pointwise.

Sure it is easier to simply copy a list you would find in the numerous forums that won tournaments and the likes, but unless you know how to use those units as effectively as the general who made it in the situatuions and circumstances that list encountered, you can and will lose to a less optimized list under the hands of a more able general.

Let us take a look at units in a Warhammer armybook and categorize them into the simplest possible system prevalent in the wargaming community.

Anvils

These are units capable of taking charges and if called for, stay in protracted combat. What they lack in killing prowess, they make up in staying power.

You generally want these units to have high toughness, good armor saves or even better, ward saves. You also want to consider any special rules the unit may have such as stubborn, immune to psychology, fear causing and unbreakable.

Aside from taking charges, these units can also be used to render his more powerful forces at bay, as you can tie them up for turns while you eliminate the rest of his army or act as bodyguards for your characters.

As far as traditional battles go, you should have atleast one anvil unit to anchor your battlelines, other wise you risk having you opponent come at you from all directions and pick you apart.

Be wary though, as your opponent can use this knowhow against you and opt to go after your hardhitting units knowing your anvil is not capable of doing much other than receiving attacks.

Hammers

These come in various kinds, but mostly are elite troops or cavalry units who may or may not sacrifice staying power for more killing power.

Their goal is to eliminate any - if not all - opposing units they are supposed to, and thus will be the focus of your opponent's endeavours.

You generally want them to take out their intended target in the fastest possible way, as to reduce the casualties inflicted on them and increase the amout of enemies they take out.

With this in mind, how do you help them achieve that? Do you make them faster, harder hitting or resillient enough to reach the enemy lines? How do you employ support units to help them strike more effeciently and which units of his are worth throwing my hammers at?
Sometimes the answer stares right in front of you while some present themselves as the situtation calls for it.

Support

These are normally units that either help you achieve your preferred method of disposing your opponent, or cover you army's weakpoints.

These include, but are not limited to, fast and agile units like fast cavalry, scouts, skirmishers, certain warbeasts and warmachines.

As supporting unit, you generally assign it one specific task and expect it to do exactly that: be it to disrupt his lines, hamper his movement, take out his warmachines or opposing support units, or even improve your army's potency.

I recommend that these units be cheap and small as they should be.

However, being fragile, great care and planning must be taken to ensure these units achieve their objective as efficiently as they can: from the moment your opponent realizes your intentions with them, they are bound to be destroyed or dealt with before they get the chance.

There are some exceptional cases where a unit can fulfill two or more roles in an army.
Such a unit is considered to be a bridge between two categories and further strengthen the synergy of the army, and most likely finds its way in most lists. If you happen to stumble upon one, it would be advisable to try using the unit in conjunction with your existing army list and see how it performs.

The Approach

I look at the game this way.

The first two turns are predominantly used for movement, shooting and magic.

The third and fourth are used for melee.

At most cases, the last two turns usually mean one player is finishing up and the other one is attempting to catch up in terms of control or points.

Now consider at what turn and phase your army is good at and strategize how you can dominate that phase first. Only then should you strategize on what you can do to minimize the damage your army will recieve on turns and phases your army is weak at.
Last edited by Ichiyo1821 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Second Ring - Mastering the Uncontrollable Variables

Terrain

The first and perhaps most important uncontrolled variable is Terrain. Even before the first unit is placed on the table, your first obstacle is not your opponent's armylist nor his units, not the scenario or the objective but rather the terrain.

Now, terrain can either work for you or against you, so at best, one should employ its benefits while turning even the most disadvanteous terrain work for him, and if all else fails, deny your opponent of that advantage.

Again, by understanding your army as much as you can, you will develop a natrual sense of what terrain helps your units and hampers their effectivity. For example, a hill is often the best place to deploy your archers, giving them superior line of sight. But, while true in most cases, by putting your archers on a hill, you are also exposing them and giving your opponent line of sight towards them. Now, with that in mind, would you really deploy your Supreme Sorceress there with your crossbowmen? If you do, what measures can be taken to safeguard her? Again look at your own army composition and see which units work well together.

As you include the factor of terrain in your overall plan, so will your enemy. It is then up to you to reduce, if not remove, its influence on his troops.
How do you achieve this when his gameplan is to hold that hill at all costs?
Do I charge him straight on and hope to break his anvil, then steamroll onto the rest of his units? or do I take his supporting units first and hit him from all sides forcing his units to fight unassisted? If my army has no shooting at all and relies on getting into close combat as early as possible, do I have a use for hills which I will move away from? Granted he also has no shooting units, do I give him the advantage of holding higher ground?

The effect of terrain in a game are endless but are often neglected even by seasoned veterans. Using them however, even if it provides a marginally significant advantage, may be what it takes to win against an equally skilled general.

Deployment.

The most basic scenario is a pitched battle and aptly so. I cannot stress how battles can be won by deployment alone. A unit, no matter how powerful, when deployed or moved poorly can be rendered useless and greatly reduces your chance of success, while a less powerful one, when positioned and moved correctly, can change the game entirely.

After recognizing the benefits and liability of the terrain, one can now deploy his units without fear, as you have already factored in the difficulty of the task you have given your unit given the battlefield conditions.

In the event that you are forced to deploy in a less than desirable circumstance, your mastery of terrain, in tandem with movement, will compensate for it.

So let's take a look at deployment. With any strategy game or in real life warfare for that matter, information is more powerful than any weapon one can wield. By simply observing how your opponent deploys his units, he reveals with it his strategy and his intent, or in some cases his attempt to mask it.
- He may deploy centrally forming a solid battle line with a strong center and supporting units on the flanks.
- Or alternatively, he may opt to have a weak center and concentrate his forces on one flank, forcing you to choose which side to attack.
- He may employ guerilla tactics and distribute his strength across the board, in hopes to whittle you down, or deceive you by giving you small victories over his lesser units while attempting to destroy your main force.
This is where knowing what your enemy can do comes in as you can weigh, forsee and react to his plan of attack.

Psychology

Some might argue that a unit must be able to win it's point back to be viable and I totally disagree with this. You cannot put a value on the pyschological effect a unit can have on the battle.

Let's take a look at this simple example. Suppose you and your opponent have two basic melee core units, each deployed directly across each other. The natural tendency for both players is to move as close as they can to each other and, at the same time, to avoid being charged.
Now if I were to replace one of those units, for example, with archers, which, shall we say, cost slightly higher than my melee unit with less models: I not only force him to deploy differently, but I also force him to get into combat with me as fast as he could, and though I might end up facing two charging units, I have affected his decision making.

Learning how to create such situations and make good use of them is fundamental to becoming a better general. Suppose I asked you to pick out one of the numerous races in the Warhammer world and asked you which unit do you think poses the greatest threat to your army, and how you would deal with it, automatically you forget about terrain, deployment and movement and think of which unit or character you would pit against it.
By doing so, you are playing on his terms, going out of your way and your strategy, when your opponent should be the one thinking how he is going to deal with your threatening units.

By giving your opponent multiple threats, you are forcing him to react to you more than you would react to him, this window of opportunity should be enough in most cases for you to turn his dilemna into your victory.

People react differently and thus play differently, even when the factors above - namely the army list, terrain, deployment and the scenario - remain the same. With that being said, it helps a lot to know how a certain unit generally acts on the table top and what better way to deal with it, than read about them after the game and re-evaluate your judgement when it is too late.

Rather than pondering on how the said unit and/or tactic destroyed you in your last game, contemplate on the effect it had on the table and the game. Do I generally want to avoid it as I have no real solution for it? Or do I want to set it up for a matchup that favors me? This aspect of the game is perhaps the hardest to master, as you are dealing with a person whose sole intention is to outsmart, outplay and defeat you, along with the randomness of events.

I have seen a lot of games where one player was convinced that he had won the battle by the amount of units he has killed, only to find out, when it was time to calculate victory points, that all he killed were low costing sacrificial units that his opponent deliberately fed him. And yet in another scenario I have spectated a game where one player was coaxed into killing everything he could focus his eyes on, neglecting the single unit that mattered, that lone unit holding the objective that went to win the battle.

If you attack the army you are facing, you will lose over and over again. Attack the player's thinking and his strategy, and you will win no matter what he puts on the table.
Last edited by Ichiyo1821 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 am, edited 10 times in total.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

The Third Ring - Mastering the Elements

Movement

Mastering movement is more than just learning to get out of your enemies charge arcs and range. Movement allows your troops to position themselves and set up combats that are towards your favor and thus should be practiced by all your units.

Being one of the hardest things to master in Warhammer, it takes a lot of games for a general to realize the potential of his units in the movement phase. This aspect of the game relies on the general's sense of distance, quick thinking and, to a certain extent, his creativity.

Similar to chess, a general should be decisive and purposeful when he moves a unit. Some battles are decided by a single combat and even before it takes place, your position and movement have already contributed towards it.

A common observation I have with new players is that their movements are too mechanical, all the melee units and cavalry go straight, archers and the likes stay put while the remaining units for the lack of space also stand still.

Now, the last thing you want to do is bore your opponent, spending ten or so minutes moving your models, and thus risking your chances of ever playing with him again. Instead, the time in which you make the decision to move your unit and actually moving them can be rather short, barely giving you a chance to think things through until after the battle where you have the time to analyze your movement. I even suggest from time to time play with your models just see exactly how far four or six inches actually is.

Now, while distance is one thing, position is another.

Try adopting this thinking everytime you move a unit, what can I achieve by putting my unit here, what do I hope to gain and what do I stand to lose?
How will my opponent react to it and how does it fit into my gameplan?
Take everything you have learned prior to movement, such as the potency of your unit, the terrain and the psycological impact your unit on being in that spot. Notice how your opponent reacts, and what units he would use to deal with what you have done, then assess.
Did new opportunities for me to exploit the terrain or situation arise? Did I put myself in a favorable combat position?
By following this train of thought, you can objectively determine if you made the right choice and thus affected your chances of winning your last game and benefit you on the next.

Another underlooked aspect of movement and position is it's ability to deny your opponent game breaking charges and countercharges.
As I frequent the tactics forum, I would often see people ask others how to deal with units that are impossible to defeat, without considering how they could have avoided the entire unit simply by moving or even by just staying exactly where they are. People forget to use their enviroment and make poor decisions. I myself have made a lot of poor decisions which ended in the massacre of an important unit in the most crucial of times.

Again include the terrain in your gameplan, I have two units attempting to charge me, now suppose I have an impassable obstacle near me, by simply moving my units and angling them near the obstacle, I am limiting the number of enemies that can come into contact of me, thus I am effectively using the environment against him.
Another case would be when an opponent refuses to move his troops, as the building in question provides him cover or abilities. By moving to the other side of the battlefield and taking out the rest of his army, I am forcing him to change his position or render that unit useless.

There is a lot of things that come into play once you incorporate these things in your gaming and realize that you always have an option to change the situation you are in. The movement phase allows you to turn a losing battle into a victory.

Speed

Victory delayed is a victory lost as a protracted a war benefits no one.

Speed is the key to winning any battle, and by speed, we refer to the consistency of a tactic when facing critical circumstances, the simplicity of the attack and the purpose and outcome of such to determine its viability.

You may have taken out that block of infantry, but if it took you more turns than it should, using elite units, it may or may not have been worth it. Alternatively, one can dispose an enemy unit in one round of combat, but if it takes his main fighting force away from the battle, then use a turn or more getting back in, then it was all in vain.

Winning by speed doesn't necessary mean you finish the game in fewer turns, but also the efficiency of you crippling his army.

To do this, you simply need to consider two alternatives:
- you can approach his army by reducing the effectivity of his main units by killing all the support units as fast as you can, while minimizing the damage he deals to your own units: by doing so you are setting up his main unit to be later focus fired by all your units in magic, shooting and close combat;
- or the more straight forward, riskier but more rewarding route of focusing everything towards his main units and hope your units can withstand a few casualties caused by his supporting units.

If, against an equally able or better general, this may not be the case, one can still practice tactics that rely on quick purposeful attacks, such as taking his warmachines early on, hunting lone mages with agile units or even cavalry charges done with blinding speed.

The moment a unit of yours becomes idle, it is slowing the army down and closes windows of opportunity for you to capitalize on.

Magic

What is a fantasy game without magic?

In general, magic is powerful but fickle, utilitarian but unreliable.
As such, magic should be planned carefully, as, more often than not, magic themed armies are fragile and require greater effort if one hopes to survive using them. As entire battleplans can be laid to waste by a single miscast, one must be prepared with the advent of such.

Your goal, as a magic themed army, is to either do as much as possible damage from afar, or ensure that the rest of your army has the advantage when the fighting ensues, by improving it statistics or granting abilites and the likes.

The most common and logical complement to magic is having a good amount of long ranged fire support with the use of archers and warmachines.

The second approach is using magic as a means to provoke the enemy to get close to your army, where his desperate troops meets your composed battle line.

Either way, one must consider which lore best compliments the rest of his troops, as oppposed to meta gaming and picking a lore when faced against certain opponents.
Consider the following, when making such an army:
- How does my army deal when spells don't go my way?
- How do I deal with units looking to get into close combat with me?
- How do I increase the effectiveness of my magic phase?

An angle from which to view magic is that, despite certain spells can devastate your opponent, he can actively counter you. This can be compared to shooting which, though less potent, receives less resistance.
Some would rely on magical items or rules to overcome this, while some others take the more riskier but more rewarding solutions like killing opposing magic users, therefore giving them complete dominance in that phase.

Whatever route you wish to take, keep in mind that magic is just a part of your army. Don't sacrifice too much to raise it's potency, leaving with only one option for winning.

Shooting

Some armies prefer to weaken enemy lines by means of shooting, which allows them to dominate the battlefield early on, such is the goal of shooting armies.

Fielding a shooting army has its advantages and disavantages as well.
By employing marksmen, you are threatening your opponents troops and his control of the battlefield.
However, certain elements may get in the way of your units capability to utilize its ability. Terrain, line of sight distance and the amount of targets available are the most common problems of shooting army.
It is therefore vital that a general wishing to field a shooting heavy army master terrain and target priority.

Unlike magic, whose target is normally the main unit of the opposing army, shooting units decide or are forced to shoot targets when the opportunity presents itself.
Now, target priority changes with a number of things:
- first is the range of the target,
- then the odds of hitting
- and lastly the volume and/or quality of fire.
Now, after weighing all these factors, the general has to decide where he focuses his firepower on, whether it is to eliminate the immediate threat, weaken troops from afar or softening a target he intends to charge - or wil charge him later on.

Perhaps the greatest advantage of such a list is it's flexibility and conservativeness against certain armies and scenarios.

Shooting armies however all tend to suffer from not having enough supporting or melee oriented units, therefore, against a dedicated melee army, it will either be easy or he may struggle if his opponent manages to survive and reach his lines. Again, the ability to exploit terrain and deployment are crucial to a shooting army.

Shooting alone will not win you battles, so whether you compliment it with close combat units or magic, careful planning must be made in order to maximize the small window of which your shooting units can disrupt or kill enemy units.

Close Combat

Some prefer to charge straight into the enemy and clash swords to determine the victor of a battle. Such is the nature of close combat armies.

Now, Warhammer armies each have their own unique way of fighting that coincides with their physique or discipline.
Some armies are naturally faster,
others are stronger
or more skillful.

Regardless of the way they behave in close combat, ideally you want to get into combat as fast as you can and get out of it even faster. The shorter the combat is, the more likely your units will survive and impact the game more, and take you an inch closer to victory. Often you would prefer these units to fight alongside another close combat unit or even a support unit to maximize the amount of casualites it would inflict on the enemy, and thus would require you to master the movement phase to pull off multi charges deliberately and not by mere stroke of luck as your opponent will likely avoid falling prey into one.

Numbers alone though won't always win you battles, as there are times when quality takes precedence. Before commiting that charge, consider if there are better targets for your units as they will spend half their time getting to them.

You should always aim to break you opponent if possible in one or two rounds of combat unassisted or not. If it would take longer than that, perhaps there is a better way of taking down his army and one game against such an opponent should be enough for you to consider what are the other possible ways of dealing with it.

There are only a few variables you can control, once you already in close combat, as opposed to being out of it.
Even before the first blows are struck, you are already aware of what we call static combat resolution, which by account refers to the number of ranks you have, banners, items or abilites a unit brings to the fight. Keeping this in mind can help you determine if your unit has an advantage over his, before casualties. Expect these fights to be bloody, as you and your opponent aim to inflict as much casualties to each other, so it pays to plan ahead how you are going to capitalize on his mistakes, by taking his flanks or isolating his units.

A single close combat can win you battles. The opportunity to deliver the deathblow to his army is what you should keep an eye for in a game, be it intentional or circumstancial.
Last edited by Ichiyo1821 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Fourth Ring- Adapting to the Variables

The power of the Druchii

A lot of players percieve the Dark Elves to be a strong race, often pointing to a unit they fear the most, and directly equate it as the reason for our reputation as a highly competitive army.

This was not the case a few editions ago as we were, in my humble opinion, identityless. The approach to the Druchii before was a melting pot of strategies, borrowed from other races, to compensate its numerous weaknesses of being an outdated bot as well as not excelling in one aspect of the game bar movement that would win Dark Elf players consistently.

We now come full circle, as the true strength of our army lies in the synergy that our units have with each other. Part of this comes from our great core selection, which, when paired with the optimal special and rare units, make for a very power list.

A lot of people on these forums have tried all sorts of imaginative and ingenious applications for our units, and I applaud them for having an open mind, as most the strategies we have come to use right now came from such radical thinking. However, let us not be distracted by the fact that, beneath all the brainstorming that may occur, one cannot rely on these tricks alone, and implore the community to get back to basics.

Our armybook has already simplified our options and blessed us with a lot of things other armies can only dream about. Look closely and you will notice that we have all the unit types we need and most llikely optimized to do what they are supposed to do. All we have to do now is find the right combination of troops that complement or compensate for the weakness of the other, then the task ahead is simply to master them working together.
Simply browse our armylist section, and you will notice the number of threads created per day, a proof that we are one - if not, the - most versatile race, with the most flexible army lists around.

One should take advantage of this period to learn more about the real meat and bones of the game, as armybooks and editions come and go. Your best unit now might, in the next edition or book, be sitting on your cabinet gathering dust, along with it any dedicated strategy you have using it, while your now neglected unit becomes the new powerhouse of the Druchii army. Now, what do we stand to lose in the upcoming editions? If our power lies in synergy, the viability of a unit directly affects the units you compliment it with. What remains though is our understanding of how units can work with each other, which we would carry through editions. So my advice is keep all your Druchii figures!

Fifth Ring - Winning At All Costs

Metagaming

I have mentioned earlier that people play and react differently, and while some list might work in certain gaming groups, it might fail horribly in another. This is yet another uncontrolled factor, as in some cases, groups my lean towards a certain type of game experience. Some groups may have lots of magic themed armies, while some like to play all sorts scenarios where certain strategies and tactics simply won't work. In that case I encourage the reader to keep an open mind, and maybe in the road ahead, help broaden the group's mindset to play more balanced and varied scenarios for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

Whether you win or lose, the important part is you are enjoying the game as opposed to playing it for something else. There are numerous platforms for tournaments, which every gaming group adapts as its rules, and knowing them beforehand would help you create a list for it. In cases as such, tailored lists and tatics are bound to have trends and if you are gearing towards that level of competiveness, the same approach towards the game applies as the factors are still there. What changes is the way a given situation should be handled, and only by experience will you learn these things. If all else fails and you find yourself in a situation where you have to follow a trend to win, you can simply refuse to play with them and look for a more suitable group, or better yet fight them on their own terms and prove that you are the better general. Till then, just keep playing ang pray that the dice gods smile on you.

Thank you for reading.
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

That's it for now, time constraints keep me from expounding further but will update soon. Hopefully my schedule allows me to share actual tactics I use in game that hopefully will be of some help.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Very nice! Thanks for the time and effort writing your thoughts down like this. :D

Bye
Thanee
Uruk-hai
Trainee Warrior

Post by Uruk-hai »

Thanks a lot. It reads like 'the warhammer university'. Good article for experienced players and for newbees. :D
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

This is just very nice, indeed thank you for writing such a helpful article :D
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Darktan
Cold One Knight

Post by Darktan »

Brilliant post, thanks for all the time and effort you put into this \o/
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Awesome post mate! Writings just like this make the site a must for DE noobs like myself!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Hi there,

I've only read the first few lines and i've found them rlly interesting but i couldn't continue reading because it is pretty brutal to read so many words together, white font over black. After a few minutes my eyes were hurting, really.

So please try and edit it all to make it more readable, include more spaces, colours, etc...it would be very much appreciated, seriously...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

just copy and paste it into Word, then it is black on white. ;)

Bye
Thanee
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ PjEOs, I took the liberty, using my mod's powers, to make your wish come true.

Ichiyo1821, compliments for your global, comprehensive view on how to win battles.
A true continuation of Miyamoto Musashi's Go Rin No Sho.
The best of the D.R.A.I.C.H. spirit.

Can't wait for the next volumes of Druchii's Art of War! :P (namely, a development of the 4th and 5th rings will be widely apreciated).
Gwii2510
Shade

Post by Gwii2510 »

Wow! I feel like I just got slapped in the face, in order to wake up from my slumber ...

Great post and thank you for sharing these thoughts.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave! Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

A great thread indeed.
Too bad Ichiyo1821 hasn't shown acivity for one year now. :(
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Heiho

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

A high quality poster indeed.

It's a shame he appears to have dropped off the face of reality :(
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."