How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Drei
Dark Rider

P. of Khaeleth and Black Amu.

Post by Drei »

What wardsave do I get with those items against the following weapon :

Empire

Hammer of Judgement, Models hit by this hammer must take a Toughness test for every hit suffered.
If the test is failed, the hit wounds automatically and no armour save is allowed. If the test is passed, roll to wound and take armour saves as normal.
Greenbay924
Trainee Warrior

Post by Greenbay924 »

The attack still has a strength, the only difference is one wounds automatically, and the other still needs to roll to wound. So the pendant would work imho.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

The pendant will work with the user's strength (usually 4)
Black Amulet works either after you fail T test, or if passed, after the weapon wounds and passes through the armor
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yup, the wording of PoK suggests that the ward save is based on the strength of the hit, not the strength used during the to wound roll.

Personally, I think GW should have written the rule better and it shouldn't apply, as the attack is supposed to bypass the whole S vs T part of the attack, but according to the letter of the rule, yes PoK works, at the S of the attack (which could be just the user's strength, but could be boosted by a potion of strength or magic spell), so you can use it.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman