2k Game versus Beastmen.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Mdk
Slave on the Altar

2k Game versus Beastmen.

Post by Mdk »

Hi there, tomorrow I'll be having a campaign battle vs Beastmen. I have no clue what he will bring but I was was wondering what lore should I chose for my L4 Sorceress. And, what tactic will work for the best with this list. I hope you can help me out here. PS, it's a beach fight so inseatad of deploying on the long side of the table we will be deploying on the smaller ones.

General:
Supreme Sorceress @ 320.0 pts
L4
Dispel Scroll
Pendant of Khaeleth

Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 225.0 pts
Cauldron of Blood

21 Black Ark Corsairs @ 260.0 pts
FC, SSS Sea Serpent Standard (Frenzy)

21 Black Ark Corsairs @ 260.0 pts
FC, Banner of Murder

12 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 132.0 pts
Shield

6 Shades @ 102.0 pts
Extra Hand Weapon

10 Cold One Knights @ 350.0 pts
FC, Ironcurse Icon, Banner of Hag Graef

2x War Hydra

Total Roster Cost: 1999
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

THe only thing in his army you need to worry about is his unit of Miotaurs. Kill that unit (or feed it Harpies and other junk troops) and even your most basic troops can go toe-to-toe with any of his.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

I sure hope so phierlihy, and what lore should I use? I was thinking one with a lot of damage. Not sure witch one though.
Guinea pig hydra
Executioner

Post by Guinea pig hydra »

Dark or Fire. Probably Dark.
Druchii - For the joy of stabbing a High Elf in the face.
Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

Be careful with a horde of 35-40 gors including a BSB with the beast banner. Those will dish out 40 S4 attacks per round with rerolls to hit!

One suggestion though:

Remove the RxBs, and put your supreme sorceress on a dark pegasus. Give her PoK, Dragon Egg and power scroll using death magic. Use the remaining points as you wish.

That death magic pegasus sorceress will cause the beasts ENDLESS grief, taking out their extremely important characters (they need lds for red fury tjecks) and the occasional purple sun or upgraded soulblight will also hurt them like hell! In addition, I find that the dragon egg usually does more damage than the rest of my shooting together.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Okay Ill give the Pegas/rxb men swap a chance. Though I lose some much needed firepower. And he is coming from the sea with boats, so some shooting might come in handy.

Also, I think I'll be using death magic so I can snipe his charakters. Without their genarals leadership they break much faster. Thanks for your advice Auere and Guinea Pig.
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

yeah primal fury with BSB rerollable is pretty decent, i had a few games against my beastmen buddy last night. he likes to go character heavy, and lore of beasts stacks pretty well.

with magic i just started to let the stupid spear go through, and i dispelled the 3 attempts at the signature beast spell, +1str+1 toughness is pretty powerful stuff.

RxB's were powerful for me against him, his shooting will be near nonexistant.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

So what lore would you advice Zephyr?
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

honestly im thinkin death would be amazing. his units alone arent amazing and are beatable, so id try death and snipe the shiz out of his BSB and great brayshaman, you can leave the baby ones cause they honestly wont hamper you much, but those two i would go for. BSB then bray.
Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

Okay Ill give the Pegas/rxb men swap a chance. Though I lose some much needed firepower. And he is coming from the sea with boats, so some shooting might come in handy.

From my experience, Dragon Egg usually kills 5 times as many opponents as 12 RxBs... and if he brings the beast banner gor horde, a single dragon egg can easily kill 15 of them! (or even more with soulblight on them)
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

thats a good idea, im gonna suprise my buddy with it!
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Okay, I played the battle yesterday and it was a Victory for the Dark elves. 1823 VP's versus 555 VP's. The fact he had to come from the sea in boats
didn't helped him. It took 2 rounds for him to hit the beach and one unit of Ungor never even left the sea.

This is his list:
Beastlord in Charriot
Bray Chaman L2
Charriot
20 Gor Herd with Wargor
20 Bestigor with Wargor
25 Ungor herd
20 Gor herd
4 Minotaurs with Champion
10 Warhounds
8 Harpies
Razorgor

So, no big units that scared me much. My CoK's took out one herd of Gors in one turn and ran them down in turn 2. The Hydra fried the Bestigor unit
to 9 strong. And they broke, rallied, charged the Hydra and were wiped out. The warhouds were wiped out by shooting from the shades in 4 turns. The
other unit Gors were decimised to 5 man by the frenzy Corsair unit and fled back in to the see only to drown there. With some shooting and magic
I softend the unit Minotaurs so that when they charged my other unit Corsairs the Corsairs left only one standing with 2 wounds left.

His Lord on the Charriot however made short work of the Banner of Murder Corsairs and the fled to be run down by his Lord. His lord than ended up in
the flank of a Hydra that was engaged with his 1 wound left-Razogor. Hydra lost fled and got caught. His charriot got shot to pieces and left his Lord
standing by himself but that was in my turn six so the game was over

Everything went quite well for me. Magic however was a bit dissapionting. Not much spells went through and the ones that did went able to do much
damage. The one time I did manage to pull of the Sun template spell it got dispelled by a dispellscroll. I only lost a Hydra and one unit Corsiars.

CoK's rock in units of 10. Corsairs 21 7x3Work really well. Shooting did okay. I cant change anything on this list in this campaign. Just add some
things when the campaign progresses. Thanks for your help guys. Ill keep you updated how things go.

Cheers, MDK.
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

congrats dude!