Shooty list 2.5k - most battlepoints in 2 tournaments.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Markusswe
Corsair

Shooty list 2.5k - most battlepoints in 2 tournaments.

Post by Markusswe »

I thought I just would post my updated shooty list as reference for you guys considering shooty tactics. Twice in a row I managed to get most BPs with similar lists (some change since last time).

For your consideration: this list is somewhat built to work well with objectivetaking scenarios in both the tournaments I played (where it helped to have many units with banner).

Dreadlord: Dark Peg, HA, SDClk, Shld, Crown of Command, Whip of Agony, Pendant of Khaleth
Sup Sorc: Lv4, Shadow, Lifetaker
Sorc: Lv2, Dark, Seal of Ghround, Tome of Furion
Master: Dark Peg, BSB, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem, SDClk, Shld, Lance

10 crossbowmen: std/mus/shld
10 crossbowmen: std/mus
16 warriors: FC, gleaming pendant (lvl4 bunker)
17 warriors: std/mus/shld
5 harpies
5 harpies

9 shades: addhw
9 shades: addhw

hydra
hydra

If you want to check the old list and my lengthy battlereports from the earlier tournament, go here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=66872

I won't write reports for this one, but the results were:
15-5 Dwarves (2x flaming cannons to deal with hydras)
15-5 Demons (2x 6 flamers, 3 bloodletter blocks etc)
11-9 WoC (uphill vs hard to deal with chaos dragon & 4/5 irresistable gateway from lv2)
18-2 Wood Elves (2 Treemen, Lv4 life)
20-0 Dark Elves (less shooting than me, I got first turn)

Fun fact: the almost immortal dreadlord died all games except vs wood elves (in which he survived dwellers twice)!

Dwarves - very unlucky pendant rolls on 6s. Demons - 2 wounds from death signature spell. WoC - high 2D6 roll in CC vs dragons str 2 breath with -3 AS (no friend to pendant!). Dark Elves - Failed WS from killing blowing hydra beastmasters (CoB blessing)!